The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Will Daniel Bryan Return to the Ring? HHH: LOL
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 1-10-2018 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Will Daniel Bryan Return to the Ring? HHH: LOL

HHH was recently asked about the potential return of Daniel Bryan to a wrestling ring, and if an exception would be made for Bryan.

Here is what HHH had to say:

"There can be no exception medically. If the belief is that heís not healthy enough and thereís a risk [for him] to perform, then I donít know why youíd allow him to step into the ring unless it can be proven otherwise. There will be no exceptions. We have some of the best medical people in the world that work for us. Our wellness policy, our concussion programming, our protocols ó Iíll put them up there against any on the planet. That is a new science in a way, too. So weíre gonna look at it from all aspects, but the medical experts will make the determination as to whether he can ever step into that ring or not. Look, personally for him, I know it would be something he would love to do, and part of me feels like I hope he has that opportunity. But at the same point in time, heís married and has a child. Certainly, [we put] the human being first."

Let me translate that into English from HHH-ese:

"Fuckin' A...this little fuck is just a pain in the ass, OK? First he fucks up our plans for Cena/Orton. Then he fucks up our plans for Orton/Batista. Then he fucks up our plans for Roman Reigns. Listen, the first fuckin' chance, we had to put that little indie bastard out to pasture, we did it. I mean the guy is 5' and fuck you inches tall and weighs less than one of Vince's morning bowel movements. And all the little indie marks and "hardcore" fans cheered for him, just to troll all the wonderful things we are trying to do here at WWE. I'm happy he's gone. I'm happy he finally got a haircut. But to answer your question? No chance in hell. Fuckin' A, man..."

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1074
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 1-10-2018 at 03:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's going to be so funny when they expect fans to cheer Shane McMahon over Daniel Bryan.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3088
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 1-10-2018 at 05:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, if this isn't a work and they're really teasing an in-ring payoff down the line that can't happen, then this whole angle between Bryan and Shane has been a complete waste of time and a trolljob of the fans.

As far as Trips' response, I buy Charger's version more than Hunter's. I've always felt that WWE has seen Bryan as a Tim Tebow-type whose popularity puts the kibosh on their plans (never mind the fact that Bryan is awesome and fans would like WWE more if they would adapt more easily to wrestlers that they actually like, but whatever).

[Edited on 1-10-2018 by denverpunk]

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 1-10-2018 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I still find it funny that a guy who got a surprise return at Summer Slam in the MAIN EVENT, a MITB win, a World Title Win, and a clean as a whistle win over JOHN CENA isnít somebody the WWE would want wrestling for them.

Or the fact that they changed their plans for WRESTLE FUCKING MANIA to give him the title.

Or positioning Daniel Bryan and the IC title as EQUAL to JOHN CENA and the US title.

None of that convinces people that the WWE liked Bryan.

Concussions being a huge part of law suits against the WWE and them being overly cautious is a likely reason for Bryan not being cleared. But fuck man, why listen to logical arguments when we all know 100% that Triple H and the WWE hate Indy darlings like Bryan.

Triple H signing every Indy darling and pushing them isnít enough to convince people Triple H has different taste than Vince.

Bryan being on Total Bellas and being SmackDown GM mean nothing. Vince is evil, end of discussion.

But you guys keep doing you...it seems to bring you joy or something.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4106
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 1-10-2018 at 08:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bryan admitted he lied on his tests and didn't share his history of concussions with WWE before hand. Wether he's matured and is now trying to get into the ring ''the right way'' doesn't matter now. He acted like an idiot and made himself look like somebody who won't take care of himself which forces WWE to be twice as strict with him as they would be with anybody else.

With that said, if a return isn't in the card this angle with Shane is even more pointless than Foley vs Steph. At least that had a conclusion with HHH and Foley going at it.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3088
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

posted on 1-10-2018 at 09:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
I still find it funny that a guy who got a surprise return at Summer Slam in the MAIN EVENT, a MITB win, a World Title Win, and a clean as a whistle win over JOHN CENA isnít somebody the WWE would want wrestling for them.

Or the fact that they changed their plans for WRESTLE FUCKING MANIA to give him the title.

Or positioning Daniel Bryan and the IC title as EQUAL to JOHN CENA and the US title.

Concussions being a huge part of law suits against the WWE and them being overly cautious is a likely reason for Bryan not being cleared. But fuck man, why listen to logical arguments when we all know 100% that Triple H and the WWE hate Indy darlings like Bryan.

Triple H signing every Indy darling and pushing them isnít enough to convince people Triple H has different taste than Vince.

Bryan being on Total Bellas and being SmackDown GM mean nothing. Vince is evil, end of discussion.

Well, that's one way to think of it.

Another way to think of it is that WWE did all of this begrudgingly, pulling the trigger on Bryan a full year after the fans wanted them to and shoving Roman Reigns down our throats as main face in the meantime until the fans completely shit on him and nearly ruined his career. The fact that WWE did all of the things you said they did doesn't mean that they aren't tonedeaf and didn't do that with Bryan until left with few other options. Just one man's opinion.

But you keep doing you and act like a condescending prick when someone gives an opinion different than one you agree with...it seems to bring you joy or something.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3205
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 1-10-2018 at 09:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

BFG ... just fuck yes to all of this! Well said my shot stopping husky friend.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3205
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 1-10-2018 at 09:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by denverpunk
quote:

Well, that's one way to think of it.

Another way to think of it is that WWE did all of this begrudgingly, pulling the trigger on Bryan a full year after the fans wanted them to and shoving Roman Reigns down our throats as main face in the meantime until the fans completely shit on him and nearly ruined his career. The fact that WWE did all of the things you said they did doesn't mean that they aren't tonedeaf and didn't do that with Bryan until left with few other options. Just one man's opinion.

But you keep doing you and act like a condescending prick when someone gives an opinion different than one you agree with...it seems to bring you joy or something.

I only see one condescending prick in this and it ainít BFG.

Adding: Youíre just wrong about that ďfull yearĒ thing. 1 year before he main evented he had that infamous match vs Sheamus that ended in like 10 seconds. While it was roundly shit on at the time, that match was the exact start of Bryan becoming an Austin level figure. Without THAT he never would have achieved such lofty heights.

[Edited on 1-10-2018 by DKBroiler]

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-10-2018 at 09:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler

I only see one condescending prick in this and it ainít BFG.

[Edited on 1-10-2018 by DKBroiler]

I love ya, man. But no.

Denver is absolutely fucking right on. The WWE tried to pacify the fan base by giving us a taste of Bryan success only to see Bryan beaten down again and again on RAW. Only to have StepHHH burying him again and again on RAW. AND HARDLY EVER ALLOWING THE GUY TO GET BACK AT THEM.

Frankly, I'm shocked that people still think this is some wacky, IWC conspiracy theory.

For fuck sake, at the height of the Daniel Bryan heat, the WWE tried to give us CENA/ORTON again. That would be like instead of pushing Austin in 1997, you gave us Sid vs. Taker or something. Then they tried giving us Batista vs. Randy Orton. And the only reason they shoehorned Bryan in there is because the fanbase revolted.

I think the WWE thought Bryan was a nice talent. I don't think they thought he was anywhere near a main eventer and certainly not the FACE OF THE WWE. They had other plans but the fanbase's love for Bryan kept betraying those plans.

[Edited on 1-10-2018 by CCharger]

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4106
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 1-10-2018 at 11:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Without the fan revolt, he was still top 5 though. In late 2011-early 2012 he got to be World Champion. Yeah, it was the B-level World Title level but Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre and other rising stars never got to hold it and everybody expected all those guys who fit the WWE mold to have better success than Bryan Danielson.

Then there's Punk, who stated Vince wanted Rock to win the WWE title from a heel and if Punk didn't turn they would have him drop the Title to Bryan. If that's true, Bryan was the second option to getting a marquee match with The Rock.

Yeah, it was shitty that they wan't to make him the guy but without it he'd still be the Foley to Cena's/Orton's/Batista's Rock/Austin. A main eventer, just not THE Main Eventer.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3088
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

posted on 1-10-2018 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler

I only see one condescending prick in this and it ainít BFG

Yeah, you're right. I should have taken bfg' s post as the honest attempt at discussion and mutual learning that it was rather than the scornful and sarcastic shit that I saw it as. And that last sentence? Wow! That's the way to convince someone that you're a reasonable and convincing rhetorician! I wasn't convinced before he resorted to veiled insults!

That's how to sound like a condescending prick, fucko.

[Edited on 1-10-2018 by denverpunk]

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 1-11-2018 at 12:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Punk....do you really think my ďyou be youĒ line was directed towards you? If so...Iíd say sorry but fuck no.

I didnít post what I posted because Charger has an opinion other than mine...itís because the WWE vs Daniel Bryan myth is just so fucking exhausting. And disregards facts. Not opinion. Facts. Bryan Danielson headlined MULTIPLE PPVs before the height of the YES! movement. He had won multiple World titles. And fuck, for a company that gets shat on for lacking direction, they booked a SummerSlam to Mania arch for Bryan that included MULTIPLE World title wins.

But the fans decided that Triple H vs Daniel Bryan wasnít good enough. Bryan going over Hunter decisively at WrestleMania wasnít enough, he had to main event and win the title.

The WWE gave us what we wanted.

BUT A BUNCH OF FOLKS COULDNT MOVE ON.

Even after that and being booked as JOHN CENAíS equal...

Iím 100% ok with being called a prick. I am. And a douche. There were signs on a RAW or SmackDown declaring as much. But I am also done with people posting BS thatís debunked by simply looking at Bryanís Wikipedia page.

Oh and Charger....the WWE GAVE US SID VS TAKER AT MANIA IN 1997....for fuck sake.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3205
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 1-11-2018 at 12:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you think that Bryan was disrespected you got worked. He did his job amazingly well. Itís ok. It happens. But, as stated Bryan was gonna be no worse than the 5th biggest star anyway. Thatís a fantastic spot.

Your win/loss record doesnít matter. Main Eventing shows is what matters. He did that weekly for almost the whole year. Not everyone gets to be 1986 Hulk Hogan, 1999 Goldberg or 2016 Lesnar. Shit, Punk had just come off an 11 billion day Championship reign so did you want that repeated?

And now he is receiving a massive paycheck to talk on tv for 30 minutes a week while not getting hurt. Sure, Iíd like to see him wrestle again, who wouldnít, but if WWE (and therefore the McMahonís) are uncomfortable with it then thatís their choice to make.

So, yeah, to CCharger, respectfully, I do believe everything you wrote (most of it anyway) really is an
IWC conspiracy perpetrated by people who got worked perfectly well by multiple masters of the craft (Steph most certainly included).

To DenverPunk ... I should have been more tactful and for that I apologize. Yet, BFGís post was something Iím completely in agreement with so I didnít feel it necessitated your comment. Iíll leave it at that.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3088
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

posted on 1-11-2018 at 12:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mea culpas all around, then. For what it's worth, I don't think anyone knows the real truth about what happens down there in WWE land other than people who work there, so all of our opinions are just that.

Sorry that I took your response personally, bfg. It was posted after mine and the tone and hypothetical "you guys" seemed to be directed at either charger or me. It was tough not to see it that way, but my skin definitely could have been thicker there. My bad.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-11-2018 at 12:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Oh and Charger....the WWE GAVE US SID VS TAKER AT MANIA IN 1997....for fuck sake.

You don't say? I wonder why I chose that match? In that year? Perhaps it was because it was one of the WORST FUCKING MATCHES IN WRESTLEMANIA HISTORY?

But what do I know? I'm just obtuse.

Regarding Bryan, if you really think the booking of Daniel Bryan 2013 - 2014 was some elaborate storyline constructed by the creative genius of Vince, Steph, and HHH to work the smart marks and getting Bryan over even bigger? Jesus, what can I say? You probably believe 9/11 was a black flag operation.

No, seriously. You really think the WWE had planned ALL ALONG to have DB to beat HHH then win the title in the main event? I mean this has been debunked by both CM Punk and Batista who both said that as of Royal Rumble time that year, the plan was for Punk to wrestle HHH and Orton and Batista to main event. It was only AFTER Punk left and RAW was continually hijacked by YES chants did the company finally cave.

Also, this talk of Bryan being "at least a top 5 guy". He was the most over wrestler since Stone Cold Steve Austin. If you're WWE, why would you make him #5 instead of #1?

-- The Rick

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 1-11-2018 at 12:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
And fuck, for a company that gets shat on for lacking direction, they booked a SummerSlam to Mania arch for Bryan that included MULTIPLE World title wins.

But the fans decided that Triple H vs Daniel Bryan wasnít good enough. Bryan going over Hunter decisively at WrestleMania wasnít enough, he had to main event and win the title.

The WWE gave us what we wanted.

BUT A BUNCH OF FOLKS COULDNT MOVE ON.

This isnít what I believe. Itís what happened.

As for Bryan being the most over since Austin...The Rock. John Cena.

And yes Taker vs Sid sucked...but the WWE was kinda screwed in that they needed the double turn. You could have had Bret as the champ...but then itís even more of a one match show. Oh, and the WWE waited an entire year to give Austin the title. Much like the WWE could have had Bryan go over big Dave after finally putting Triple H behind him.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-11-2018 at 01:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Over" is not quantifiable. However, Daniel Bryan at that time was certainly generating crowd reactions similar if not moreso than Rock or Cena.

Also, that's not "what happened" because people who know more about it than you or me both said it didn't go down like that.

But, I mean, your HHH fanboy who thinks any criticism of your god-man is ignorant blasphemy.

-- The Rick

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 1-11-2018 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
please. What DID happen. Enlighten us.

And if you canít quantify ďoverĒ...how was Bryan the most over since Austin? Which one is it?

Also...merch sales. Ratings. Network views. The WWE has lots of data about who drives interest. And who generates money. Pops on tv may not mean sales, or house show attendance.

Or maybe it did in Bryanís case which is why the WWE wanted to run house shows with Bryan in the same role as John Cena. But thatíd mean the WWE saw value in Bryan, which is crazy talk right?

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6258
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang
Member Is Online

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 1-11-2018 at 03:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fellas, if I may interject some proper insanity to the proceedings regarding the possibility of Bryan ever wrasslin' again in a WWE ring, please allow me to enter into evidence some testimony from an entirely different angle. I present to you, Exhibit K.

If that previously drug-addled broken down old warhorse with a fake news of a neck can flop around like a stiff carp for shitzengigglz, I'm sure D-Bry can be allowed a half-assed match or two before shuttin' 'er down for good. It's wrasslin' fer cripes sake, it's all fake news!!!!

Mark (lol) my words, Bryan will be engaged in something physical with Shane no later than the Rumble and will have a match with him at WM. Book. It.

You may now resume typing words on your keyboards.......with your dicks.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3279
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 1-11-2018 at 03:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh hey! We're beating THIS dead horse again?

Pity. FWIW, I'm leaning towards the "Please Stay Safe, Bryan Danielson" story, whichever one that is. And, FWIW2, I'm thinking HHH is working the smarks here. He likes it when 'we' hate him. Does everybody forget that? HHH knows that there's money in Daniel's return, and HHH likes it when things make money. The Special Attraction One Time Only Super Special Event of Daniel Bryan Wrassling will be available for purchase as soon as all parties decide the timing is right to take all the moneys. Carnies LOVE taking all the moneys.

"At this point Brock is so bulletproof, they could fucking crucify him and he would kick out before the third day." -- ulsterphil

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1074
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 1-11-2018 at 03:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Far too many wrestling fans are vindictive garbage. I've seen people all but celebrate Bryan's career-ending injuries and would probably feel "vindicated" if he did cripple himself in an in-ring return. That just seems to be how people are.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8970
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 1-11-2018 at 06:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I canít type with my dick. I tried. Even on an ergonomic keyboard. Nope.

Don't Mess With Texas

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4564
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 1-11-2018 at 07:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The trick is you gotta lay the keyboard down on the ground and laydilt on top aduyouat o the key boafyid daoud toodia typeke d with yourdk

As for Bryan:

*I think the WWE who is presently facing their own class action lawsuit for concussion issues has to be super careful cause optics... If Bryan is to somehow get cleared to wrestle I would expect quite the media tour so that there are plenty of quotes of Bryan saying this is on him, and that he's been cleared by a small army of doctors... I would expect all of that to come before he sets foot in a ring to wrestle again.

*I think the WWE was probably resistant... at times very resistant to making Bryan "the man" for the WM stretch run... but just going off TV time alone before that they clearly saw him as a top guy, and as such I doubt he was as hated as the fan narrative of events that developed. Nothing happens on TV that Vince isn't on board with... Giving Bryan 5 minute matches probably would have cooled that fire in quick enough order if Vince were set on that course, but Bryan made him money... he just probably figured (maybe stubbornly) he could make more money with someone else in the top spot and as such wanted to keep his options open... If you cut out the Wyatt stuff with the fake turn then the story they told was actually pretty good... were there missteps along the way? Yeah, but that comes with live TV and a need to fill a lot of time while still keeping things fresh... They probably felt they needed to back burner the whole authority versus Bryan bit for a while, they just didn't do it in the right way... it's probably a bit like Nash beating CM Punk during his big moment in the sun; it was probably intended to lead to something bigger en route to a Punk versus HHH WM match, but real life happened and the WWE miscalculated.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3205
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 1-11-2018 at 12:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
I canít type with my dick. I tried. Even on an ergonomic keyboard. Nope.

Post of the Week

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3205
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 1-11-2018 at 01:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CCharger ... no, I do not think that 1 full year before YestleMania there was an elaborate plan to build the year around him, but I also do not believe the OMGDIRTSHEETZ type info that comes out every year stating that the WM Main Event is set in stone. My assumption is that most years (basically other than Rock v Cena) they have 5 or 6 potential outcomes ranging from what they want the most to some ďoff the boardĒ back up plans for injuries, contracts and fan reactions. Hell, most years they place the Elimination Chamber directly before WM just so they have one final out to change plans.

So my guess is that they probably wanted to build around Punk, Cena or Orton at the time. Then the Raw after WM happened, then it kept happening, and then by August he was beating John Cena and put into the major storyline of the year with Orton and HHH. While he may have not been THE plan, by this point Bryan v Orton at WM was obviously on the table for consideration.

And now Iíll spin this to now. Roman 3 years ago was pushed too early and never should have won The Rumble, yet Vince and company were right in the long run. In 2018, despite all of it, heís their cash cow and, aside from Miz and Braun, the best thing about Raw. Heís grown into what they hoped for even if it took longer than expected. And yet, I still donít think that Roman v Lesnar is the forgone conclusion the IWC seems to paint it as. It might happen, sure, but they always keep their options open. Just like they did with Daniel Bryan.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top