The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Assorted Newsbites 2018: The Rumors and the Crap, Part 1
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12746
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 3-6-2018 at 06:55 PM Edit Post
Ask R-Truth that. Vince loves him, and he's barely on TV anymore.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8970
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 3-6-2018 at 07:23 PM Edit Post
Over/under on Paige-related fisticuffs between ADR and Xavier Woods at 45 days of ADR's first roster appearance.

Over/under on leaked 3-some Paige/ADR/Xavier Woods video at 30 days of ADR's first roster appearance.

Don't Mess With Texas

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 950
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 3-6-2018 at 07:34 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
I posted this in the Cody thread but itís so good I wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/6/17072332/cody-rhodes-dusty-rhodes-all-in

This article is amazingly well done and details the last 5 years of Codyís life, and whatís to come, extremely well.

Great article.

And this:

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

Q4T

And my father said
When I was younger

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 3-6-2018 at 09:44 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
I'm a bit curious on how Del Rio is loved enough by Vince to get brought back over and over again but always ends up trapped in midcard purgatory.

Does Vince just enjoy his company?

Funny you mentioned this because - setting all of his off screen nonsense aside - I thought ADR and Sheamus were the two guys who got fucked over by ending the initial title split more than anyone. When there were 2 champs these two guys were always in the mix but the moment it went to 1 the glass ceiling hit those 2 hard as hell.

Itís kind of like the NCAA football playoff in a way. With only 4 teams almost every year the 5th team will have a plausible argument for why they belong, but if they went to 8 teams itís not really like the 9th team would have any plausible argument for why they should be a lock. Youíre 9, calm down would essentially be the counter argument.

In a world with only one champ ADR (and Sheamus) are always stuck since theyíve always been borderline top 10 guys, but in a 2 champ world where things like Jinder Mahal 6 month WWE Champion can happen, not so much.

If ADR is actually coming back and we keep two championships there is a 100% chance he will be more than a midcarder. If they combine them, he has no chance.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1020
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 3-6-2018 at 09:49 PM Edit Post
I don't get why they would bother with someone as toxic as ADR (in the event that they are even considering a return)

It's not like they are short of talent now, and with Reys inevitable return and Almas ready to move up, there is no shortage of Hispanic appeal either.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 3-6-2018 at 09:52 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
I don't get why they would bother with someone as toxic as ADR (in the event that they are even considering a return)

It's not like they are short of talent now, and with Reys inevitable return and Almas ready to move up, there is no shortage of Hispanic appeal either.

I just had a terrible thought.

What if this is all purely for Total Divas?

Fuck. Every move they make nowadays has to be considered as a move that might have literally nothing to do with wrestling and potentially only for E Channel drama.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 3-6-2018 at 10:02 PM Edit Post
RE: Coach

I just read up some more and it appears that this is what he did.

1: Texted a coworker about work.
2: Happened to ask her what her musical interests were.
3: The lady said she had a boyfriend (itís a reach to think asking asking someone what music they like is hitting on them, but whatever, letís say he did mean it as an opener for a date for arguments sake.)
4: He never contacted her again.

So either he hit on her really passive aggressively, got shot down and he took it like a man and backed off or he didnít and she overreacted and he decided ďthis bitch is crazyĒ so Iím not gonna work with her.

If this is true - and who knows - it is not sexual harassment. Itís someone politely seeing if there would be interest and they got shot down. A failed attempt at getting a date is not sexual harassment. This is insane.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 3-7-2018 at 02:49 PM Edit Post
If true, that's pretty stupid.

Also, it should underscore that you should NEVER date or try to date anyone from your work. For a variety of reasons - the potential for a sexual harassment accusation among them.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2499
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 3-7-2018 at 10:11 PM Edit Post
I wonder if any interest in ADR might partially be looking for an opponent for Roman who will definitely get booed, if they're bound and determined to keep Roman face.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 3-7-2018 at 10:30 PM Edit Post
I imagine that less people in the audience will pop for Alberto's return than the amount that Tamina got when she debuted on SD last year. At this stage X-Pac or Enzo would receive a warmer welcome back than ADR. Hell, even if they debuted The Progressive Liberal Daniel Richards in a Deep South redneck town with half the audience wearing Trump campaign swag and open-carrying firearms he'd get a better pop than ADR.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 999
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 3-7-2018 at 10:42 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
If true, that's pretty stupid.

Also, it should underscore that you should NEVER date or try to date anyone from your work. For a variety of reasons - the potential for a sexual harassment accusation among them.

Generally, the HR definition of sexual harassment is unwanted and persistent sexual advances, so asking out someone once and getting shot down is NOT sexual harassment. Asking her out 27 times would be.

But you're right about dating people at work. I had a coworker start getting nutty with me only to find out he was dating another coworker that I wasn't getting along with so well at the moment. There was definitely a little annoyance on my part as our work-related issues were really none of his business and had nothing to do with him (and frankly, weren't really that big of a deal).

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 3-8-2018 at 12:00 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bopol
Generally, the HR definition of sexual harassment is unwanted and persistent sexual advances, so asking out someone once and getting shot down is NOT sexual harassment. Asking her out 27 times would be.

What about dropping a deuce in a coworker's luggage?

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8970
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 3-8-2018 at 12:12 AM Edit Post
One deuce is not persistent.
Unwanted, likely.
But not persistent.

Don't Mess With Texas

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 999
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 3-8-2018 at 12:14 AM Edit Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bopol

What about dropping a deuce in a coworker's luggage?

I would think from a corporate HR perspective, that's a firing.

They didn't cover it in the videos I had to watch though.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 3-8-2018 at 12:14 AM Edit Post
Ten-odd years ago was such a different era of "boys will be boys" that it might as well have been a hundred years ago that Orton shat the bag.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4564
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 3-8-2018 at 06:13 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
Ask R-Truth that. Vince loves him, and he's barely on TV anymore.

The thing with R-Truth is that he slips under the radar... he'll job, he'll do the goofy stuff, and I can't recall ever hearing a bad word about the guy.... Not that he was getting a lot of tv time before anyway; but it sounds like he hurt his shoulder in October, got surgery on it in December; so he's probably still rehabbing it... those 46 year old bodies don't quite bounce back quite as well.

As for ADR.... sounds like he was just there to film some material for some new Rey Mysterio project the WWE is working on. ADR is still under contract with Impact until April... while who knows what goes on behind closed doors with Vince and Del Rio, given that TNA has made waves in the past about the WWE possibly negotiating with under contract talent, I'm guessing the Mysterio project is probably a bit more accurate.

Bringing back ADR at any point seems like an odd choice... he'd have to deal with Vince directly, as he's been a critic of HHH's who normally does the talent acquisition... with a stacked roster already it seems odd to bring in a guy who's bound to be shown the door again at some point again. Plus what does it say about to the locker rooms that a guy goes out there and trashes the company, has heat with some of the higher ups, but still comes into a job again likely at the expense of other guys losing tv time.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 3-8-2018 at 06:49 AM Edit Post
Not to mention that ADR offers practically nothing remarkable at all in return for grounding a performer that does. If he goes to SD does that mean more time in promo-limbo for Rusev, English, and Breezango? Gable & Shelton get a minute knocked off of their match so ADR can fuck around with the limo entrance again? If he comes back it's going to be rightly seen by practically everyone as one of Vince's biggest duh-duh signing decisions of the last five years.

[Edited on 3/8/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4564
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 3-8-2018 at 08:57 AM Edit Post
With the WWE being a publicly traded company they have to file certain bits of information with the SEC, including what they pay certain executives...

For the curious:

Vince.... $1.4m
George Barrios.... $870k
Michelle Wilson.... $870k
Kevin Dunn.... $925k

HHH pulls in $684k for his VP role, and another (a little shy of )$1.5m for his on screen role.

Interestingly enough Stephanie pulls in $2.2m for her onscreen role, and Shane gets $1.3m... so I guess we know who the favourite kid is.

On top of the above I've seen some other filings for stock increases as bonuses for Stephanie and HHH (and others) which would be over and above what they get.

A few questions/observations come to mind:
*Are they "hiding" a lot of Stephanie's salary for all of her duties in a talent contract? Is that ethical?
*Do Shane and HHH also get the normal wrestler bonuses/cut of the gates over and above those salaries... like Flair has said for his HBK retirement match he paid Vince back a high six figure amount he owed him and still had a lot left, and I read somewhere once that Orton pulled in like $800k for his WM bonus one year.... So Mania can be a pretty sweet payday for some guys (I read somewhere... I think Holly's book that all talent have to come to WM everyone gets $5k even if you aren't on the show)

Not for nothing but if those guys are getting that kind of money for just onscreen GM stuff without moving much merch' (HHH excluded) helping to fill the company coffers AND taking away wrestlemania paydays from some talent... Probably more than a few hurt feelings walking around backstage; as last I'd heard it seems like a lot of your mid-level guys downsides were around $400k a year.... and even top guys downsides were under a million.... Got to suck a bit knowing that you're busting your but 3-4 days a week for a fraction of what the bosses son is making.

Such is life....

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 3-8-2018 at 02:29 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
Over/under on Paige-related fisticuffs between ADR and Xavier Woods at 45 days of ADR's first roster appearance.

Over/under on leaked 3-some Paige/ADR/Xavier Woods video at 30 days of ADR's first roster appearance.

Under

Over

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 3-8-2018 at 02:45 PM Edit Post
* Interesting bit of rumorz coming out of Stamford: WWE is reportedly looking into the possibility of buying or building their own arena in which to hold shows. The plan is for that location to be the full time home for RAW while Smackdown and NXT will be the "touring brands". The reasoning is that by owning their own arena rather than renting it, WWE will be able to keep all revenue including concessions and parking while also being able to rent the facility for other events such as concerts.

-- The Rick

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 950
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 3-8-2018 at 03:07 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
One deuce is not persistent.
Unwanted, likely.
But not persistent.

That is beautiful.

And my father said
When I was younger

royberto
I Do Not Know What Words Mean

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 3-8-2018 at 06:11 PM Edit Post
*WWE will be filming the Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt Ultimate Deletion match today at the Hardy Compound in Cameron, North Carolina. There is no official word whether Senor Benjamin, Reby Hardy, King Maxel, and other Broken universe characters will be appearing during the filming, but the Ultimate Deletion match would incorporate elements from similar segments filmed in Impact to bridge them over and introduce them to the WWE audience. Jeff Hardy may also appear.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6260
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cansô

posted on 3-8-2018 at 08:46 PM Edit Post

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 3-8-2018 at 09:21 PM Edit Post
* former 205 Live performer Rich Swann, recently released by WWE over an incident involving his wife, had some kind of Twitter meltdown/tirade earlier today; he claimed he can't get any indy bookings because of the incident and took a shot at Chikara for having Nick Gage, who did five years in prison for robbery, on their roster

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2285
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 3-9-2018 at 12:33 AM Edit Post
quote:
* Interesting bit of rumorz coming out of Stamford: WWE is reportedly looking into the possibility of buying or building their own arena in which to hold shows. The plan is for that location to be the full time home for RAW while Smackdown and NXT will be the "touring brands". The reasoning is that by owning their own arena rather than renting it, WWE will be able to keep all revenue including concessions and parking while also being able to rent the facility for other events such as concerts.

I just don't see how they don't kill that market. Is their anyone who would consider going to RAW 51 (assuming the RAM after mania is still on the road) times a year? Maybe set it in Vegas or some other high tourist destination spot.

Does RAM still tour with house shows?

Does the RAM roster now become the more appealing option for the roster, due to less travel?

I think history shows (granted smaller venues ECW arena and the Impact Zone) when a company uses a key home base you develop a strain of super-wanker fans who chant, carry on like dick heads and sometimes hi-jack shows (me personally, I love a good "Fire Russo" chant).

And what size do they go for? 20,000, 10,000 5,000?
I think maybe 5,000

It would be nice if they incorporated a physical HoF with this, but I don't think it's a good idea.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top