The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NFL Playoffs 2018
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8973
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 1-22-2018 at 02:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Don't Mess With Texas

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 999
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2018 at 02:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That had more fast cutaways than a Michael Bay movie.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7692
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2018 at 03:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As much as I hate this year's Super Bowl matchup, I'm going to have to make a deal with the devil just like last year and root for the Patriots. I really, really hate the Eagles, partly because I have a good friend who's a diehard Eagles fan and party because their fanbase sucks. I'd rather see Tom Brady get ring number 2,437 than have to listen to Eagles fans brag about being the NFL champions. It's funny, because there's a small handful of teams I'd root for the fucking Patriots over, yet they keep making the Super Bowl and playing against the Patriots.

With that said, I'm giving the Eagles a 95% chance of beating the Patriots (they would have been my Super Bowl pick if Atlanta hadn't squeaked into the playoffs). Their defense is just too good and Nick Foles is not the shaky backup a lot of people assumed he would be after Wentz got injured.

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 999
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2018 at 03:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just watched US Women's National Soccer Team destroy Denmark 5-1. And I hope that something equally good or not good or just terrible is on, because I ain't watching the Super Bowl.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 1-22-2018 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl

Classic, classic movie. Great book too by Thomas Harris but damn hard to find, which is odd given how popular his works got with the Lecter films. If there's one film that needs a modern remake it's Black Sunday. And not into some hack job either, like those Robocop, Total Recall, or Conan remakes ended up.

Oh, yeah, it was futbol day today too. Sorry. Err, go team!

[Edited on 1/22/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

Cherokee Jack
The Rowdy One

Posts 2004
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2018 at 03:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
As much as I hate this year's Super Bowl matchup, I'm going to have to make a deal with the devil just like last year and root for the Patriots. I really, really hate the Eagles, partly because I have a good friend who's a diehard Eagles fan and party because their fanbase sucks. I'd rather see Tom Brady get ring number 2,437 than have to listen to Eagles fans brag about being the NFL champions.

Fly Eagles Fly. I said before Saints/Vikes that if the Saints didn’t go to the Super Bowl I wanted a Bortles/Foles showdown. That isn’t happening, but I’m sticking with the half that held up their end. Also I have an uncle who’s an Eagles fan (who may or may not be the man above).

And besides, how much better are Pats fans really?

I'm Cherokee Jack!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 1-22-2018 at 04:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Gawd bless the Dick Broiler!

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9480
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2018 at 03:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
As much as I hate this year's Super Bowl matchup, I'm going to have to make a deal with the devil just like last year and root for the Patriots. I really, really hate the Eagles, partly because I have a good friend who's a diehard Eagles fan and party because their fanbase sucks. I'd rather see Tom Brady get ring number 2,437 than have to listen to Eagles fans brag about being the NFL champions. It's funny, because there's a small handful of teams I'd root for the fucking Patriots over, yet they keep making the Super Bowl and playing against the Patriots.

This is pretty much the way I'm looking at the game (and not just because Goon and I are brothers). I read elsewhere about what's the big deal if Brady wins one more ring if it means the Eagles will still have never been Super Bowl champions and I really couldn't argue with that logic.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 1-22-2018 at 04:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I posted over on Brad's (?) facebook post that I think it's gonna be a blowout for the Pats along the lines of 45-10. If it looks like I'm anywhere near right (which I haven't been much of this postseason), I'll probably leave my brother's house at halftime. Bonus for not having to sit through Justin Timberlake.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12749
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 1-22-2018 at 05:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think the only thing good about this year's Super Bowl is that Justin Timberlake will be performing. I'm hoping Janet Jackson (sans exposed pierced nipple) is a surprise guest.

But unless there's a cool ass super bowl party to go to, I'll just watch the replay of the performance. Maybe I'll finally be able to get my ass to the theater to watch The Last Jedi that day.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8973
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 1-22-2018 at 06:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not a fan of Timberlake (not a hater either - just not a fan).

On this day several years ago, I posted on Facebook that the combination of a Giants/Patriots Super Bowl with Madonna as the halftime show was super unappealing. Some of the players have changed, but my sentiment is the same.

Puppymonkeybaby FTW!

Don't Mess With Texas

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 1-22-2018 at 10:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
get my ass to the theater to watch The Last Jedi that day.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7692
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 2-4-2018 at 12:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So as much as some of us loathe this year's Super Bowl matchup (myself included), who does everyone have in the game tomorrow? I think the Eagles definitely win and just to make things more fun, I'm going to get really wacky and predict that they stomp the Patriots. I don't know that it will be Seattle/Denver levels of an ass-whooping, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles win by double digits. Also, Nick Foles will be the Super Bowl MVP.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6273
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 2-5-2018 at 03:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can't wait for all the Liveleak videos of abhorrent Philly celebratory goonery coming out in the next few days! Whip those batteries with pride, Broiler! God bless you, DK. God. Bless. You.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

royberto
I Do Not Know What Words Mean

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 2-5-2018 at 03:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Patriots can suck on that L. Seeing Bob Kraft suffer never fails to get old.

Also, Cris Collinsworth can eat a dick and fuck right off. He couldn't have made his hard on for the Patriots any more blatant. NBC should be embarrassed to have that shit on their airwaves.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7692
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 2-5-2018 at 03:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
So as much as some of us loathe this year's Super Bowl matchup (myself included), who does everyone have in the game tomorrow? I think the Eagles definitely win and just to make things more fun, I'm going to get really wacky and predict that they stomp the Patriots. I don't know that it will be Seattle/Denver levels of an ass-whooping, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles win by double digits. Also, Nick Foles will be the Super Bowl MVP.

Okay, so my "Eagles stomp the Patriots" prediction didn't come true, but I got the rest of it right.

Also, will this be the first time in history that a quarterback leads his team to a Super Bowl victory and wins Super Bowl MVP and then is promptly benched and/or goes to another team the next season?

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 2-5-2018 at 03:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Okay, so my "Eagles stomp the Patriots" prediction didn't come true, but I got the rest of it right.

Also, will this be the first time in history that a quarterback leads his team to a Super Bowl victory and wins Super Bowl MVP and then is promptly benched and/or goes to another team the next season?
Rumor is that Foles will retire.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7692
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 2-5-2018 at 03:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aw, well that would probably save the Eagles a lot of drama if he does retire and would be one hell of a way for Nick Foles to end his wacky NFL career if that happens.

Also, where does this Super Bowl loss leave Tom Brady's legacy? Obviously he's pretty much the GOAT at this point and I'm sure it won't effect it too much one way or the other, but he's now 5-3 in Super Bowls and if not for the tuck rule and Atlanta/Seattle completely shitting the bed, he'd have a way worse record than that.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 2-5-2018 at 11:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Aw, well that would probably save the Eagles a lot of drama if he does retire and would be one hell of a way for Nick Foles to end his wacky NFL career if that happens.

Also, where does this Super Bowl loss leave Tom Brady's legacy? Obviously he's pretty much the GOAT at this point and I'm sure it won't effect it too much one way or the other, but he's now 5-3 in Super Bowls and if not for the tuck rule and Atlanta/Seattle completely shitting the bed, he'd have a way worse record than that.
Ask Cris Collinsworth when he is finally done swallowing Brady's ball bag.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 2-5-2018 at 01:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

And if not for David Tyree's helmet or Mario Manningham's tiptoe down the sideline it would be 7-1. Little things happen that decide games over and over.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6273
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 2-5-2018 at 01:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In these trying times it's wonderful to see fans, both white and black alike, come together to act like complete animals and celebrate burning Philadelphia to the motherfucking ground. This most certainly is what the Founding Father would have wanted. Philly truly is the City of Brotherly love!

[Edited on 2-5-2018 by janerd75]

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 2-5-2018 at 02:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thom
I posted over on Brad's (?) facebook post that I think it's gonna be a blowout for the Pats along the lines of 45-10. If it looks like I'm anywhere near right (which I haven't been much of this postseason), I'll probably leave my brother's house at halftime. Bonus for not having to sit through Justin Timberlake.

LOLOLOLOL

I was so wrong with this year's picks, maybe I should predict now that the Jets won't win the Super Bowl next year. Would almost guarantee they won, right?

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3213
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map
Member Is Online

Mood: Old

posted on 2-5-2018 at 08:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I’m alive.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 2-5-2018 at 10:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One Philly fan decides to celebrate by literally eating horseshit:

Philly fans already have a bad reputation and this guy isn't helping.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 2-7-2018 at 07:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

ebony and ivory,
looting in perfect harmony,
side by side destroying a Philly convenience store,
oh Lord, why can't we?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top