The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A Morning Political Rant to the Left
OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 12-6-2017 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is this what you are looking to happen?

ETA: No it is not me....

[Edited on 12-6-2017 by OOMike]

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 12-6-2017 at 05:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger

quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

4) No offense to any Americans personally so don't take it that way, but your faith in your institutions and national myths is childish at best; none of you are any more special than anyone else on this planet and neither is your country; everything ends eventually, and there's nothing particularly "exceptional" about your nation that is going to prevent it from happening to you

I find it interesting that those who aren't Americans behave like they know more about America than...you know...the PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIVE HERE.

You're right. America has no more intrinsic value than India or Canada or Cuba. Those countries and others are fine and deserve to exist and prosper. But to suggest our country isn't BETTER is ludicrous. That's like saying the New England Patriots aren't more special than the Cleveland Browns.

We are the most economically and militarily powerful country in the history of the world. We have achieved more scientific and technological advances in our brief history than all other nations combined. And as far as the faith in our institutions and "national myths"? The US Constitution is the world's oldest governing document and our country is the world's oldest active representative democracy. It survived a British military invasion, the burning of our capitol, a civil war, two world wars, a global depression, multiple presidential assassinations and political conspiracies like Watergate. So, yeah, Trump is a pimple on the ass of history and he isn't going to threaten our "national myths".

So after your country wins two world wars, and a Cold War, and then culturally conquers the world, and then LANDS A FUCKING MAN ON THE FUCKING MOON, comes talk to me about childish beliefs in my country.

And in one shot you show you're as ugly an American as any of the right wingers you hate so much.

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003
Location Saratoga Springs, NY

Mood:

posted on 12-6-2017 at 05:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OOMike
quote:
Originally posted by Quentil

[Edited on 12-5-2017 by Quentil]

You have established that neither extreme can competently run the government.

In other news, water is wet.

Nah, water can be pretty dry.

I keed. I just find it hilarious that a morning rant before coffee after reading Facebook and Twitter elicited such harsh and angry replies from some folks. Originally, it was meant to get an eyeroll or a chuckle, but folks really have thin skins these days. Or the OO forums are so dead that anything is exciting.

[Edited on 12-6-2017 by Quentil]

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 12-6-2017 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Color me shocked that an elitist, centrist Democratic Hillary supporter would be arrogant enough to presume to know what I do an don't do outside of a wrestling message board, and then insist that anyone who doesn't agree with your dangerous, bat shit crazy ideas are somehow more ignorant and less intelligent than you.

I have to hand it to you...it takes balls to be THAT much of a douche for all the world to see.

Sorry that Bernie wants to take away all that sweet, sweet corporate money from you and give it toward people and projects that you don't like, and take away all your sweet, sweet tanks and bombs and put it toward diplomacy and education. Sorry that your type of "liberalism" has passed into the dustbin of history and you are lashing out with what meager ideas you have left.

You don't run America anymore. #sorrynotsorry

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You are truly the most thin-skinned and intolerant person that I know. And you hate my words mostly because deep down you know they are true, and that you don't have any real reply other than ad hominem and other baseless attacks. You want to be able to openly attack others for their ideas, but your own ideas are sacrosanct and off the table for real analysis. It's adorable how intolerant you are in your little bubble of self-righteousness and hatred.

But hey, it's okay man. I still love you. You're my special little safe space snowflake. The rest of us will protect your ability to be wrong about everything. It's the American way, after all. You're just too cute.

And that's why I can't hate you the way you hate everyone that doesn't agree with you 100%. You're like the little kid in a room full of adults that talks about Santa being real and how everyone that tells you otherwise is a meanie. So the adults just pat you on the head and smile and go back to talking about real things.

When you want to talk like an adult and bring actual facts to the table instead of childish whine, I'll be here with a couple of beers and some sports on the tv. But you probably hate sports too because they are part of the global conspiracy that you've woven in your head. Well, outside of maybe soccer, because the far left tolerates soccer because it's somehow more "civilized" because Europeans play it...So perhaps we should just stare at the wall for awhile. Or we could watch soccer. I'm happy to meet you halfway. I AM a centrist, after all. Compromise is a core belief of mine.

But thank you for showing that everything I said about the far left is true. Thank you for validating my words and my facts. Thank you for again ignoring actual evidence and tripling down on your debunked ideas while lashing out in Trumpesque fashion. Thank you for showing everyone that the far left is just like the Trump folks that you hate so much.

Thank you.

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4986
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 12-6-2017 at 06:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quentil

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 12-6-2017 at 06:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by QuentilThank you for showing everyone that the far left is just like the Trump folks that you hate so much.

If making him reveal himself was your plan all along then I'd say your plan worked as intended.

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 12-6-2017 at 06:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by QuentilThank you for showing everyone that the far left is just like the Trump folks that you hate so much.

If making him reveal himself was your plan all along then I'd say your plan worked as intended.

Honestly, I wish he'd just get a clue. People like him are still needed to take the government back from Trump. They just need to understand that the world is a more complicated place than what they learned from a Bernie meme they saw on Snapchat. And they need to let go of that irrational hatred. Because it's burning them alive inside and hurting their cause far more than helping it.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 12-6-2017 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can do without him. I almost hope he fucks off forever from OO now. The contention that the rest of us were sitting on our worthless British and colonial asses doing nothing while the United States won World War Two ALL BY YOURSELVES! remains one of the things that puts me into an unforgiving fucking rage.

- David-8

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 12-6-2017 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I can do without him. I almost hope he fucks off forever from OO now. The contention that the rest of us were sitting on our worthless British and colonial asses doing nothing while the United States won World War Two ALL BY YOURSELVES! remains one of the things that puts me into an unforgiving fucking rage.

Yeah, I too roll my eyes when people go that route. It's even more hilarious when they do it with WWI.

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4986
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 12-6-2017 at 08:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dear Quentil and Paddlefoot,

I'm very sorry that you get so angry when you are wrong about things.

Please try to have a merry Christmas.

Sincerly,

CCharger

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8842
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 12-6-2017 at 08:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

YOU SAID MERRY CHRISTMAS AND NOT HAPPY HOLIDAYS. TRIGGERED!!!!

Wait - you did it right. Nevermind.

Don't Mess With Texas

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2727
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 12-6-2017 at 08:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
If this thread is inspiring you to nominate someone for Jackass of the Year, or Poster of the Year, or Obtusetiest...or you see a good flame...the bOOardies are up so get nominating.

CLICK HERE

I appreciate williamssl's pure devotion to promotion. I assume he is very successful in his career in marketing or sales.

My thoughts on Quentil's whiny, rambling cries are well established, but ccharger ain't much better. I'll give Quentil credit for eventually posting the citations he so dearly loves

The rest of y'all I like, which I know matters deeply to each and every one of you

[Edited on 12-6-2017 by TownOfDalem]

OO's only mammal penguin

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2727
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

posted on 12-6-2017 at 09:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So nice I posted twice.

OO's only mammal penguin

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2017 at 07:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Dear Quentil and Paddlefoot

{Snip}

Sincerly,

CCharger

You too, my dude. And I am serious when I say this. Merry Christmas or Happy whatever day you follow. I'm going to be traveling in and around NYC for a few days with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a couple years in the flesh. Then we're gonna head upstate for the holiday itself. She's never been upstate, so it should be good times introducing her to winter bonfires and other upstate redneck activities.

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2017 at 07:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TownOfDalem
I'll give Quentil credit for eventually posting the citations he so dearly loves

The rest of y'all I like, which I know matters deeply to each and every one of you

Hey man, I have no real anger or enmity towards you. I mean, you're a dipshit, but wtf ever. Dipshits are a dime a dozen on the internet. You're common enough to just smile and laugh along with. And I DO love it when people can back up their claim and arguments with citations and actual proof. Maybe in another life I was a dickhead history teacher or some such. Who knows?

Either way, piss off and Merry Christmas.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: Tight

posted on 12-7-2017 at 07:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can I presume all is well with the cat? You mentioned a vet visit a couple days ago.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

The Finale: 3-D vs. Doomsday Device

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2017 at 08:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matte
Can I presume all is well with the cat? You mentioned a vet visit a couple days ago.

Haha, okay that made me chuckle. The cat is fine.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 12-7-2017 at 02:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If anyone watched the video I posted, please tell me that the left wing katana nut is a caricature, and not an accurate representation of the left.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2727
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

posted on 12-7-2017 at 04:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
If anyone watched the video I posted, please tell me that the left wing katana nut is a caricature, and not an accurate representation of the left.

Anecdotally, the katana people I've known seem to much prefer describing themselves as libertarian.

[Edited on 12-7-2017 by TownOfDalem]

OO's only mammal penguin

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2017 at 06:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

I think it's a bit overdone for dramatic purposes, but the gist is closer to being true than not. I know fine examples of both groups, although in these parts a fair number of Democrats own guns and know basic wilderness survival just because of the nearby Adirondack Park. That said, there's also a college in town, Skidmore College, which is no doubt full of katana swinging fringe left with $5000 backpacks full of cavier for the apocalypse. Think every stererotype about JAPs and rich kids from Jersey and NYC who create safe spaces in order to discuss Sandskrit, and there's Skidmore in a nutshell.

The irony is that when you go ten miles in any direction from this liberal bastion, you hit the exact sorts of openly-bigoted rednecks on the right that the video mocks in large numbers.

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 12-8-2017 at 02:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In other news, I seem to be in something called the "The OO Wankipedia." From the timestamp on the post, I must have been in it for quite some time. For the record, I knew using a "Q" name would win me fame and fortune on OO. And to answer the question the entry wonders about: I honestly didn't care and I couldn't even tell you what avatar I even used at the time. Maybe a Scooby Doo one? Either way, I find it hilarious that I was in such a thing for what appears to be quite awhile and never even noticed. Huzzah!

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I figured I should mention it somewhere anyhow.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top