The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MAGA
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8842
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 12-13-2017 at 06:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Read this for the 'who and how' beneath the vote from exit polls

72% of white men and 63% of white women voted for Moore.
93% of black men and 98% of black women, who comprised 28% of the voters, voted for Jones.

You could argue that just enough white voters, largely women, flipped over to Moore.
Or you could argue that just enough black voters voted to tip the scale.

A good outcome regardless, but scary-but-not-'OMG I never would have thought it'-y about how things got there.

Don't Mess With Texas

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 12-13-2017 at 07:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl

A good outcome regardless, but scary-but-not-'OMG I never would have thought it'-y about how things got there.

I disagree... this is an "OMG I never would have thought it" moment because I am shocked that Alabama went that far blue. Trump won the state by around 30 points last year, Shelby won it by more than 40 points in the Senate last year as well.

Even with the allegations and Moore being a raving lunatic, I still thought he would have won and was hoping for another moral victory for the Dems as a race was close that normally wouldn't have been.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8842
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 12-13-2017 at 07:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I’m not doing a good job expressing myself tonight. You’re probably going to surprise me by telling me you’re not black too.

My scary-but-not-omg-surprising was intended to be about how people voted. That still despite everything 2/3 of white people including white women voted for Moore That is scary. And it is not omg surprising. And it is scary. And not omg surprising. But mostly scary. And also mostly not omg surprising. Mostly.

Don't Mess With Texas

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-13-2017 at 07:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm ecstatic Jones won, but then I saw a "the Democrat beat the accused child molester/racist by 1%" comment online and it kind of brought me back down to earth a little bit.

Either way, kudos to those in Alabama who voted for the right guy.

Also, this: https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/940704581742419969

EDIT: Missed the last couple of posts as I was typing my post, but I totally get both sides here. It's huge that Doug Jones won, but it's also scary that it was as close as it was. Hopefully this is a baby step in the right direction though.

[Edited on 12-13-2017 by the goon]

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4986
Registered 7-21-2010
Member Is Online

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 12-13-2017 at 07:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon

Also, this: https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/940704581742419969

[Edited on 12-13-2017 by the goon]

I saw this last night, and I thought I was watching an SNL skit.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003
Location Saratoga Springs, NY

Mood:

posted on 12-13-2017 at 11:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Like others, I was happy to see the results, and a bit surprised as well. But it's just the first step towards 2018 push that needs to be sustained across all minorities and anti-Trump folks. This will go a long way to slowing down Trump's agenda on some fronts for the next year. So good times, but keep the pressure on, because they most certainly will.
bopol
Showstopper

Posts 980
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 12-14-2017 at 01:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The lesson of 2017: Democrats are very mad and using that negative energy to get out and vote and not get caught in political differences. Republicans are divided between the swamp vs. the Tea Party or the alt-right vs. the Establishment or whatever the hell they call themselves.

End result: A pretty significant shift towards the Democrats. Just in general, we've seen NJ, VA and now Alabama shift pretty heavily towards the Democrats and since mid-term elections are about energy, well, one side has it and the other does not.

To Williamssl's point though, even if you say that the Democrat can barely with against a child molester in Alabama, there is still a shift there. Remember in 2016, Clinton won the popular vote 48-46 and, if you add up the votes in all Congressional House Races, the Republicans won 49-48. This resulted in a Republican President and a ten percentage point advantage in House Seats. If there is a shift of 5 points, the Republicans stand not only to lose Congress (not out of the question anymore), but also not be in power in 2020 when new Congressional maps are drawn and that could also cause major problems for them as there are now many more states heavily gerrymandered to favor Republicans than Democrats.

For me, I would like to see the Republicans get their shit together again because I do think the country needs two functioning parties to actually work, but it will take a massive failure (and we might be heading for one) for them to challenge themselves to ask how to be a reasonable political party in the 21st Century.

Personally, I think like 2009-10 when the Democrats had their peak in power and didn't do enough with it, I think 2017-18 is the peak of Republican power for the next decade and they aren't doing anything with their opportunity to lead.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 1-4-2018 at 05:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So, Bannon has turned against Trump, and in glorious fashion, pretty much nuking Trump from orbit in a new tell-all book. Trump is now threatening to sue Bannon for slandering his family, which is quite possibly the biggest form of 'pot kettle black' that I have ever seen.

We're only 3 days into 2018

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2335
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 1-12-2018 at 04:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, Trump’s latest fuck-up is a doozy.

He reportedly asked why they had so many immigrants from “shithole countries” and thatbthey needed more immigrants from places like Norway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f7 11-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.bf390d7993d3

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1594
Registered 12-28-2010
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 1-12-2018 at 01:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187

He reportedly asked why they had so many immigrants from “shithole countries” and thatbthey needed more immigrants from places like Norway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f7 11-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.bf390d7993d3

My favorite part is that his team isn't even bothering to deny those comments, presumably because they know they'll work as a great applause line for Trump's fan club.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3051
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 1-12-2018 at 05:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would have said something that stupid when I was 11 or 12. Then I grew up.

What he said wasn't surprising- this is who he is, a racist blowhard who has never had to take responsibility for his actions. What's even more alarming for me is that he was given the bipartisan DACA compromise that he asked for, and then took a shit over the principle of the legislation that he himself requested.

But nothing he does embarrassed his followers because der Obama, der emails...

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 1-13-2018 at 03:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Leaked photo of Stormy Daniels after her first date with Donald Trump:

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1594
Registered 12-28-2010
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 1-13-2018 at 04:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank God "Space Nuts" came out before 2006, so I don't have to feel dirty about my ... appreciation of it.

Any more so than usual, that is to say.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 1-13-2018 at 05:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lots of terrific jokes on Twitter about this new one. Here's just three of them:

* like how much Jack Daniels did it take for Stormy Daniels to block out her memories of a naked Donald Trump

* "Stormy Daniels? What's that, a climate change hoax the Chinese made up?" - duh prezidunt's denial

*(Sung to the tune of "Tiny Dancer")

Hold me closer, Stormy Daniels
Count the money on the dresser
Lay me down in sheets of rubber
You had a pissy day today.

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 1-14-2018 at 02:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Renegade artist ran this projection on the Trump hotel in DC. Bless whatever universal spirit exists that made most Americans so unwilling to be ruled by entitled human garbage.

- David-8

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 2-2-2018 at 11:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And we end the week with the biggest stock market plunge in 2 years, dropping 666 points today, and down 1,063 for the week.

That bubble had to pop sooner or later.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 2-4-2018 at 04:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anglefan85

I can't put that on any president, unless of course he just made a declaration of war or something, and well that's more on Congress...

Semi-related - I'm becoming increasingly concerned with what will happen to the market when, not if, the crypto-currency bubble pops. The whole thing is wildly confusing and full of speculation, and wild ups and downs. Seems like it's inevitable that we get a "Bitcoin drops 90% of value overnight" headline within a year.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 2-4-2018 at 07:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bitcoin is actually already in freefall. It's lost nearly half it's value from a month or so ago. It might be having some effect on the market stalling a bit at the moment but it's doubtful right now that it's influential enough to trigger a market-wide collapse.

- David-8

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

posted on 2-5-2018 at 02:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BBMN
quote:

I can't put that on any president,

I don't give or take any responsibility for the stock market to the president, except in extreme situations (like you said war), however I will throw it in the face of the stupid fucks who do claim that Trump single handedly increased the DOW by waving his cute little hands and selling hats.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 2-5-2018 at 10:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OOMike
quote:
Originally posted by BBMN
quote:

I can't put that on any president,

I don't give or take any responsibility for the stock market to the president, except in extreme situations (like you said war), however I will throw it in the face of the stupid fucks who do claim that Trump single handedly increased the DOW by waving his cute little hands and selling hats.

Agreed. In related news, the market lost close to 1100 points today.

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4986
Registered 7-21-2010
Member Is Online

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 2-5-2018 at 11:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, that's the thing. When the economy was great all of 2017, the #MAGA types were quick to praise Trump despite the fact it was really a hangover of Obama's policies. "It's Trump's economy now!"they'd shriek.

Now, that the stock market is in freefall and the next wave of employment statistics will be disastrous, they will find a way to blame Obama/Hillary/the Dems.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 2-6-2018 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Apparently he now thinks that the Dems and anyone else who didn't cheer during his SOTU speech are "low energy" and "treasonist". Not a typo on my part, that's the word he used.

Also,

- David-8

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

posted on 2-6-2018 at 02:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
Well, that's the thing. When the economy was great all of 2017, the #MAGA types were quick to praise Trump despite the fact it was really a hangover of Obama's policies. "It's Trump's economy now!"they'd shriek.

Now, that the stock market is in freefall and the next wave of employment statistics will be disastrous, they will find a way to blame Obama/Hillary/the Dems.

See Hannity, Sean. Apparently he blamed Obama for the Market drop on his radio show.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 2-7-2018 at 09:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187

Well that was a month ago and all I gotta ask is, what even matters anymore?

Nothing matters.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 2-7-2018 at 11:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This thing with the upcoming military parade has me distressed, far more than any of the other stupid little evils he's already committed. He stains everything he touches, and the military won't be immune from it any more than the other institutions he's ruining have been:

https://taskandpurpose.com/take-your-military-parade-and-drop-it-in-your-gold-plated-toilet/

quote:
Take Your Military Parade And Drop It In Your Gold-Plated Toilet

By ADAM WEINSTEIN on February 7, 2018

I’ll make this short. Nobody likes a long, forced display of emotion. Except Donald Trump.

The stock market, previously the president’s favorite benchmark of national success, is tanking severely and whiplashing back up, and no one seems to fully understand why. Sixty-four thousand Americans are dying of drug overdoses per year — 175 per day, double the rate a decade ago — and nobody knows how to stop them. The suicide rate in America is higher than it’s been in decades, and it’s highest in the rural areas that economic progress and politicians of every stripe have left behind.

This is the America that our military is defending. It is not going well. The Afghanistan War, the United States’ longest in its history, has no obvious end; the generals in charge now were field grade officers when the war started. The forever war is turning out so many veterans that the VA can’t keep up — and the department is largely trying to fire its way out of the problem, without filling any of its top spots or hiring for any of its nearly 50,000 job vacancies. Some American war veterans are facing deportation. Others, with other-than-honorable discharges, are foundering with next to no help. The U.S.’s forward-deployed naval force, steaming away to back up the belligerence of a novice president’s tweets, is stretched to its breaking point, with groggy nav teams breaking ships and killing sailors. The entire military establishment, shot through with waste, fraud, and abuse, can’t even audit itself, and Congress is too broken to even fund it, except through short-term continuing resolutions, because we have reached a point in America where Americans have their political teams to root for and no incentives to be humane or conciliatory to each other for a greater cause.

Let’s throw a fucking military parade.

Let’s do it for the duly elected commander-in-chief, who was born on third base and blames the world for not just scoring it as a run. Whose entire “military” service consists of a private boarding-school diploma and five draft deferments. Who used the commissioning ceremony of the Coast Guard Academy’s graduating cadets to bitch about the media’s coverage of him, when he wasn’t confusing the Coast Guard with the Navy. Who couldn’t stand still or remember the words for the National Anthem at Arlington on Memorial Day next to his secretary of defense and Joint Chiefs chairman (but he’s still pretty sure NFL players of color who don’t show sufficient anthem-patriotism should be fired). Who doesn’t have a clue what evening colors are, but surmises they must be for him. Who accessorizes with troops. Who likes “people who weren’t captured;” tells Gold Star families he’s “made a lot of sacrifices;” calls safe sex in the 1990s “my personal Vietnam;” and blames “the generals” for battle casualties.

Let’s throw a military bash with missiles and troops and bands for this rampaging golf-course rentier, because nobody’s ever done anything like that before, except the Soviet Union, the People’s Republic of China, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Cuba, Libya under Qaddafi, Iraq under Saddam, Zaire under Mobutu, the Nazi Reich under Hitler, Spain under Franco, Chile under Pinochet, Iran under the Shah, Uganda under Idi Amin, Yugoslavia under Tito, Romania under Ceausescu, Serbia under Milosevic.

Let’s do it like France does it on Bastille Day, because Lord knows that’s really fixed their country and the imperial colonies they occupied. Let’s emulate the fading great power that tried vainly to “win” Vietnam before handing it off to us shrugging, and these days can’t decide if its fifth republic will be socialist or ultraconservative or somewhere in between.

Let’s pause the wars for a minute to garrison the troops, spit-shine them, transport them, train them for a new pompous and circumstantial evolution, invite the networks, adore the leader, and then go back to failing at war, a few million dollars lighter, to get a poll bump for a man who loves the troops and America but derides as “the deep state” all the constitutional oath-takers who are investigating his campaign’s connections to Russia; his reliance on a national security adviser compromised by multiple foreign states; his pressurings and firings of top investigators; his role in making false statements about campaign meetings with Russians promising dirt on his opponent.

Let’s make America a banana republic. Let’s have a fucking parade. For Don.

You don’t need this. I don’t need this. But he sure does.

[Edited on 2/7/2018 by Paddlefoot]

- David-8

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top