The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MAGA
CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3764
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 11-9-2017 at 01:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
MAGA

Hey, it's been a year since Donald Trump was elected.

I'm just checking in to see if America is great again yet.

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."
--- Stephen Miller, Trump senior White House advisor, Feb. 12, 2017

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8045
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: ChinceMcMahon

posted on 11-9-2017 at 05:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not being dramatic but the day after the election was as personally as bad a day for me as Sept 11 was. Not being a crybaby about it but electing that thing as POTUS was a sharp reminder that no matter how bad things are they can always get worse.

Yeah, and goddamn Hillary Clinton forever for running a campaign so awful, and for being such a loathsome person/politician herself, that she effectively was the only opponent that an oozing pustule like Donald Trump could defeat.

You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense, like that's the whole point, dude. And I'm just saying, you know, that's like an excuse for lazy storytelling. Just don't sell me shite and tell me it's gold, all right? I might be stoned, but I'm not high. You know what I mean?
- Cassidy from Preacher, commenting on The Big Lebowski and/or professional wrestling

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1198
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-10-2017 at 03:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Not being dramatic but the day after the election was as personally as bad a day for me as Sept 11 was. Not being a crybaby about it but electing that thing as POTUS was a sharp reminder that no matter how bad things are they can always get worse.

After getting almost no sleep on election night because my heart wouldn't stop pounding in my chest, I got to work the next morning to find out we'd been robbed overnight, so that sentiment was especially true for me.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6558
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-10-2017 at 04:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My father-in-law passed away the morning after Trump was elected, so while on my way to work that day, processing the fact that Donald Trump was now our president and this wasn't some kind of fucked up alternate reality, my wife called me to let me know her dad had died (he had been really sick in the months leading up to his death, so it wasn't out of the blue, but talk about a double-whammy). That was one hell of a day. Luckily, my wife and her family all have good senses of humor, so the ongoing joke now is that her dad said "Donald Trump is the president? Fuck that, I'm out."

And I know Trump has three years left, but there's no wall yet, Hillary hasn't been locked up, ISIS is still a thing (and running people over in New York), there have been two huge mass shootings in the past month alone, and we're probably all going to die in a nuclear war with North Korea. And you know what? His supporters probably don't give two shits, because the evil black Muslim is out of the White House and all the liberal snowflakes lost the election.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8045
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: ChinceMcMahon

posted on 11-10-2017 at 05:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pretty sure that if the dickwad nukes Pyongyang or Tehran and kills a million people in one shot (because that's the way these things work, the folks who have no control over what their own shitty dictator governments do will be the ones that get clobbered while their scummy leaders are safe in a mountain bunker somewhere), the general reaction of far too many of the MAGA's is going to be something like this:

Not trying to be insulting to anyone here. Just stating that the general vibe I get from most Trump supporters is what Goon basically said - it really doesn't matter if anything of substance gets accomplished. All that counts is that someone on the official hate list gets hurt. Like sorry old Theoden said, how the hell did it ever come to this?

You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense, like that's the whole point, dude. And I'm just saying, you know, that's like an excuse for lazy storytelling. Just don't sell me shite and tell me it's gold, all right? I might be stoned, but I'm not high. You know what I mean?
- Cassidy from Preacher, commenting on The Big Lebowski and/or professional wrestling

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1198
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-10-2017 at 12:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Not trying to be insulting to anyone here. Just stating that the general vibe I get from most Trump supporters is what Goon basically said - it really doesn't matter if anything of substance gets accomplished. All that counts is that someone on the official hate list gets hurt. Like sorry old Theoden said, how the hell did it ever come to this?

Talk radio.

You take something like half of the nation's voters and spend 25 years telling them, over and over again, day in and day out, that hurting liberals should be their No. 1 priority, and sooner or later they're going to elect someone whose only workable campaign promise is to hurt liberals.

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3764
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 11-15-2017 at 04:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
https://www.axios.com/how-american-politics-went-batshit-crazy-2508881433.html

Here's a great article on how American politics - in particular the right wing - became so fucked up.

Here are who they blame:

Newt Gingrich, who weaponized politics in the 1990's to make it "we are good, they are evil"

Fox News, who has encouraged and monetized hard-edged political combat and fomented rage

Social media, who have made it possible for every nutjob of any stripe to find fans to cheer him or her on and say things in public you would have kept to yourself in the past and whose algorithms can detect rage in what you post and then feed you lots of articles to sustain your rage

Sarah Palin, who legitimized conservative victimhood as a lifestyle choice

Donald Trump's Twitter account, which allows and encourages real-time minute-by-minute rage and created the "fake news" epidemic

No mention of Rush Limbaugh who as Mr. Jameson mentioned, has spent 30 years brainwashing gullible Americans that the "liberal agenda" is antithetical to "American values"

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."
--- Stephen Miller, Trump senior White House advisor, Feb. 12, 2017

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2406
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 11-19-2017 at 04:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm continually pissed at the Left for mocking Trump for failing to accomplish pretty much any of his major goals. Like guys, it's been less than a year, he has plenty of time left.

And focusing on the really big stuff completely means one is not looking at the administration is really executing - Death by a thousand cuts.

We won't see the impacts of a lot of this stuff for months if not years, but we will. He's actively seeking to strip away any consumer and environmental protections possible. He's cut the budget of the national parks. He's working on passing a truly awful tax plan designed solely to benefit the rich. He's declared we have an opiate crisis, yet set aside less than 60k to battle it. He's turned us into a laughing stock, damaged relations with Mexico, Canada, the UK, Australia, Iran, and is teasing a nuclear holocaust with North Korea.

He's butt fucked everything with breath taking speed and stupidity. We're so fucked. The only good is that some of his working class supporters are finally seeing him for the conman that he is, and we're seeing some Red areas turn Blue as a response.

"Put the chicken wings down n come to Jihad bro."

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3712
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 11-20-2017 at 01:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
https://www.axios.com/how-american-politics-went-batshit-crazy-2508881433.html

Here's a great article on how American politics - in particular the right wing - became so fucked up.

Here are who they blame:

Newt Gingrich, who weaponized politics in the 1990's to make it "we are good, they are evil"

Fox News, who has encouraged and monetized hard-edged political combat and fomented rage

Social media, who have made it possible for every nutjob of any stripe to find fans to cheer him or her on and say things in public you would have kept to yourself in the past and whose algorithms can detect rage in what you post and then feed you lots of articles to sustain your rage

Sarah Palin, who legitimized conservative victimhood as a lifestyle choice

Donald Trump's Twitter account, which allows and encourages real-time minute-by-minute rage and created the "fake news" epidemic

No mention of Rush Limbaugh who as Mr. Jameson mentioned, has spent 30 years brainwashing gullible Americans that the "liberal agenda" is antithetical to "American values"

I have to read the article, but not just Rush, I blame all of Talk Radio in the 90's for creating this firestorm of "we only win, if they lose" mentality. I guess you could say by extension this is partly Bill Clinton's fault. A lot of this "morally superior" outrage stems from Whitewater/Lewinsky impeachment crap.

Ah the good old days where getting a blow job got you impeached....

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2508
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Joining NJPW

posted on 11-20-2017 at 06:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G. Jonah Jameson
quote:

Talk radio.

You take something like half of the nation's voters and spend 25 years telling them, over and over again, day in and day out, that hurting liberals should be their No. 1 priority, and sooner or later they're going to elect someone whose only workable campaign promise is to hurt liberals.
Yup. Unfortunately "Freedom of Speech" extended to "quasi-hate propaganda", and too many people didn't recognize it as the extremist thinking it is while adopting shades of extremism in their daily lives.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top