The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Trump, Mueller and Russia
CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4986
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 9-4-2018 at 01:51 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s actually raped somebody.

[Edited on 9-4-2018 by CVD39]

https://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497799354/a-list-of-donald-trumps-accusers-of-inappropriate-sexual-conduct

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4986
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 9-14-2018 at 05:30 PM Edit Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/14/politics/paul-manafort-guilty-plea/index.html

Manafort pleads guilty to conspiracy against the United States and agrees to cooperate fully with the Russia investigation.

If I were President Trump, I'd be having nervous diarrhea right now.

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 9-14-2018 at 06:02 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/14/politics/paul-manafort-guilty-plea/index.html

Manafort pleads guilty to conspiracy against the United States and agrees to cooperate fully with the Russia investigation.

Shocking. [/sarcasm]

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8842
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 3-22-2019 at 11:48 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger

About that diarrhea.....

The investigation uncovered a LOT. It resulted in (and I'm quoting from someplace else and admittedly did not attempt to verify this so if it's inaccurate...there's the disclaimer)...199 criminal charges, 37 indictments or guilty pleas, and 5 prison sentences. Bad people did bad things they shouldn't have and got caught for it. That is a good thing (the getting caught part).

However, the net conclusion from today's final report delivery was, if AP reports are accurate, recommending no further indictments.

I'm sure the full report is going to have all sorts of fun stuff in it, and I'm sure this isn't over as partisans will spin up calls for further investigations and impeachment proceedings and charges nonetheless*, but the above conclusion has got to just decimate a lot of people. My only ask is...if you're one of the people who's going to have a public meltdown about it, please do so here. Copy/paste from somewhere else is fine.

With that new Leaving Neverland movie...are we still allowed to use that animated gif of Michael Jackson eating popcorn or do we have to find another one of someone else?

* For the record, I'm against anybody deciding that a formal investigation that you were ok with while it was happening but suddenly turned against it when it produces an outcome you don't like. Didn't like the Republicans not letting go of the Benghazi bone, as an example. I equally decry anyone who justifies doing that because "well the other side did it first/bigger/more/etc" as if that makes it ok. But if that's you, you be you.

Don't Mess With Texas

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1935
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 3-25-2019 at 02:24 PM Edit Post
What exactly are we going on for the conclusions? Is it anything beyond Barr’s letter? Because even the reports based on that seem to be that Mueller essentially said “I’m not saying the president did commit a crime, but I’m not saying he didn’t either.” As if he’s trying to lay out the pieces and encourage congress to do its job (ahahahahaha) and figure out if/how they fit together.

I guess I’d rather see/find out exactly what’s in the report, because if it really offered “full and total exoneration” as Trump said, you know he’d be fast tracking it for public release. Hell he’d probably have a bunch of copies printed to hand out as gifts to White House visitors like he did with the electoral maps a while back. I know congressional Dems are asking to see the full report, and if the White House/AGs office intend to stonewall and try to keep it all a secret (or offer a version that’s so redacted as to be meaningless) that will only raise more questions.

In summary: No one other than the AGs office has actually seen the report. All this discussion is based on Barr’s letter, which seems to be vague at best (and even the letter doesn’t say that the report “fully exonerates” Trump, no matter how loudly he says otherwise). The full report should be submitted to congress, all this is doing is allowing Giuliani and the other GOP ghouls to swarm cable news and claim the narrative in the meantime.

That said, impeachment was never going to lead anywhere anyway. Hopefully the Dems can get their shit together and win in 2020, and a civil war can be avoided in the process.

[Edited on 3-25-2019 by Cherokee Jack]

I'm Cherokee Jack!

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4986
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 3-25-2019 at 08:08 PM Edit Post
Random thoughts:

* I trust Mueller and accept his finding that there was no direct collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. I know that some liberals are saying that since Mueller was a Republican, he is covering for Republicans. That's dumb. The investigation was thorough, and the investigation was fair.

* I did think it was kind of bullshit that Donald Trump was never actually interviewed by Mueller

* I don't think impeachment will or should happen. There's not enough in here to justify impeachment. To Trump supporters, it will look like a coup. I don't believe in impeachment, just because you don't like the guy.

* I find it amusing that the Trump and the GOP spent two years discrediting Mueller and calling the investigation a "witch hunt", but are now saying "Good job, Mueller!" So disingenuous.

* The whole investigation much be made public, if only to allow people to draw their own conclusions and not rely on a loyal Trump appointee (Barr) to "summarize" it for us.

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 3-26-2019 at 12:24 AM Edit Post
And the Senate GOP is working hard to ensure that no one will ever see the full unredacted and uncensored report:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/435703-mcconnell-blocks-resolution-calling-for-mueller-report-to-be-released

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 3-26-2019 at 12:50 PM Edit Post
My reaction to the report is basically, "Figured it would be something like this." Trump is too much like a mob boss to have anything directly connecting him to a crime, Cohen said as much. Mueller was never going to find an email from Trump stating "Dear Vlad, help me win." Trump's m.o. is to just say, outloud,
"Find me a way to win."

Impeachment, without evidence of a crime, was never going to happen, and Mueller's report states that there is no clear evidence of a crime. It is still possible that if the report comes out and we can see the evidence that Mueller accumulated regarding obstruction, that Barr/Rosenstein reviewed and decided not to pursue, clearly shows obstruction and the AG is playing politics by not pursuing them, then maybe, but let impeachment die, concentrate on 2020, and continue to investigate all the other dirty shit that is coming from the administration.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 4-9-2019 at 04:09 PM Edit Post
quote:
Mueller was never going to find an email from Trump stating "Dear Vlad, help me win."

"Russia if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing."

Correct. He wouldn't email something like that. He'd just say it on live television in front of every major news organization in the country, and to an audience of millions.

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4986
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 4-11-2019 at 02:01 AM Edit Post
It's a 350 page report summarized down to 4 pages by a loyal Trump appointee. There's already grumblings that Barr passed over a lot of damning information just to give Congress the crib notes version.

Release the full unredacted report now.

-- The Rick

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 980
Registered 1-18-2013
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 4-14-2019 at 12:05 AM Edit Post
Yeah, it's been three weeks and all we have is a Trump asskisser saying there is nothing there. At this point, I think we can safely assume there is something there or else we'd be seeing the report.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top