The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Trump, Mueller and Russia
CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 10-30-2017 at 03:10 PM Edit Post
Trump, Mueller and Russia

Figured it's time for this to have its own thread:

On Friday, Robert Mueller's investigation issued its first indictments. This morning Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort and one of his partners turned themselves in on charges of money laundering and "conspiracy against the US".

Let that sink in for a moment....the guy in charge of Trump's 2016 presidential campaign was just arrested for "conspiracy against the US".

This is a BFD.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3048
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 10-30-2017 at 03:28 PM Edit Post
I'm so shellshocked by the past year that I have a hard time believing this will amount to anything. I hope I'm proven wrong. I also hope that Trump doesn't destroy the whole government trying to fight this
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3234
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Can't Even

posted on 10-30-2017 at 05:03 PM Edit Post
At this point, I feel like John Oliver doing the "WE GOT HIM!!!!" bit. (Basically, if you haven't seen it, he points out how Trump has lied/done something he should be fired for, and celebrates raucously... Until he realizes that Trump is still president despite everybody knowing that Trump has done this thing. )

I hope that THIS time they've got something that will end this debacle as peacefully as possible.

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 10-30-2017 at 07:42 PM Edit Post
Former Trump campaign advisor George Papadopolous has also pleaded guilty to making false statements to FBI agents. He admitted to colluding with Russia to help Trump win the election. Who knows what other info he'll give up?

EDIT: The Trump campaign was mentioned 70 TIMES in Papadopoulos's 14-page indictment. And his approval ratings are at an all-time low at 33%. Yeah, good luck spinning this one, Trumpy.

[Edited on 10-30-2017 by anglefan85]

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 10-30-2017 at 08:21 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by anglefan85
Former Trump campaign advisor George Papadopolous has also pleaded guilty to making false statements to FBI agents. He admitted to colluding with Russia to help Trump win the election. Who knows what other info he'll give up?

EDIT: The Trump campaign was mentioned 70 TIMES in Papadopoulos's 14-page indictment. And his approval ratings are at an all-time low at 33%. Yeah, good luck spinning this one, Trumpy.

[Edited on 10-30-2017 by anglefan85]

Trump Supporters: "But, but, but...URANIUM ONE!"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10512
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell

Mood: criminal record soon

posted on 10-30-2017 at 08:31 PM Edit Post
Manafort/Papadapoulous could be the first real domino to fall that takes the entire lot of them out, or it could end up as nothing as a few pawns get sacrificed. Hopefully it's the former but it's most likely going to take a lot more to really bring down this rotten and vile administration.

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7506
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-31-2017 at 12:31 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by denverpunk
I'm so shellshocked by the past year that I have a hard time believing this will amount to anything. I hope I'm proven wrong.

That's basically how I feel. Trump has proven to be pretty untouchable thus far no matter what he says or does, so I have a hard time feeling hopeful that this will lead to anything (but, like you, hope to be proven wrong).

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 10-31-2017 at 02:15 PM Edit Post
Apparently, some of the experts are saying that the media is burying the lede on this story.

They say that the big news isn't the indictment of Manafort. Rather, it's the arrest of George Papaopoulos, Trump's campaign foreign policy advisor. He's already plead guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia, and more importantly, he's cooperating with Mueller's investigation in hopes of lightening his sentence. The fact that he is turning state's evidence could be worrisome for the higher ups in the White House. This guy knows where the bodies are buried.

-- The Rick

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-4-2017 at 08:35 PM Edit Post
I recognize that getting Trump out of office is (hopefully?) the end result for all of this; but will it not also be a kind of bittersweet victory when Pence (who while nowhere near as bombastic as Trump, doesn't seem like that great of a guy either) ultimately just pardons everyone, only for Trump to then spin it to his millions of fans that the fake news did this, and it was a conspiracy... Yadda yadda yadda.... Not saying Trump's got half the population behind him, but he's got a few million people still supporting him and hanging on his every word, and a good chunk of them aren't exactly the level headed live and let live types.

Not saying that getting Trump ousted (I suspect he'll resign if they get too close to taking him down) wouldn't be a good thing, but it also strikes me as an outside that this whole situation has a good chance of leaving a bunch of pissed off people with a walking talking martyr still kicking around, and an already badly divided country even further divided.

What would be the best ending to all of this... Trump in jail? Trump pulls a Snowden and runs off to Russia? Melania dumps his ass and releases a sex tape with her in a three way with a Muslim and a Mexican? One of his kids comes out as transgendered?

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 11-6-2017 at 02:39 PM Edit Post
There is also the possibility that Pence is also included in the investigation, so we have President Paul Ryan.

Best case for Democrats and sane people every where is that this investigation continues its slow burn for the next 12 months, the base gets fired up and comes out for mid-terms and the Senate goes blue and the house becomes a practical tossup where Trump's damage is minimized for the last two years of his term (including no more SC noms) where the Dems nominate a good candidate and take the White House and the House as well in 2020.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Ė Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-8-2017 at 04:51 PM Edit Post
One thing that concerns me is that the Russia thing is so complicated and convoluted that many voters may just shrug their shoulders at the whole thing. Watergate was pretty simple. A burglary to steal secrets from the other party.

Russia is about money laundering, internet trolls, social media ads, quid pro quo, etc. etc. Most people's eyes glaze over. Not sure how much of an actual impact it will have on Trump's approval rating.

-- The Rick

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1935
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 12-1-2017 at 06:08 PM Edit Post
The dominoes continue to fall. Michael Flynn has plead guilty to lying to the FBI and is now cooperating with Muellerís investigation.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8839
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 12-1-2017 at 07:58 PM Edit Post
You know it's big when Fox News has one of the more ominous headlines about it:

Ex-general pleads guilty to lying to FBI, says member of Trump transition team ordered Moscow contact

Don't Mess With Texas

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 12-1-2017 at 08:59 PM Edit Post
That guy and Manafort both know where the bodies are buried and they are both singing like canaries.

Part of me is happy in that the Trump administration is closer to implosion, but most of me just feels really bad for my country. Too think members of our government at its highest level were lackeys, stooges, and patsies for Putin an Russia breaks my heart.

These are dark times for America. I hope we all come out of it better for it.

-- The Rick

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 12-3-2017 at 04:30 AM Edit Post
Today, K.T. McFarland, a transition adviser for the trump Administration was shown to have written an email to a colleague where she straight-up admitted that Russia did get involved with the election in exchange for having the sanctions brought against them relaxed, saying that Russia had just thrown the U.S. election to Trump.

Trump also admitted on Twitter that he had fired Michael Flynn because he knew that he had lied to the FBI. So the dumb-ass admitted to obstruction of justice.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 12-18-2017 at 08:38 PM Edit Post
Bruh.....

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/ace-sleeve-mueller-2/6700/

"What, you thought Special Counsel Robert Mueller was just going to sit back and risk the possibility that Donald Trump might try to fire him? Mueller dropped a bomb on Trumpís entire team on Saturday night, and he did it in public. It came largely in the form of a warning: back off or youíre all immediately going down, because I have far more dirt on all of you than you know. Less than an hour later, the Trump team indeed predictably flinched in equally public fashion.

It all began around around 5pm on Saturday when Axios reported that Mueller has been sitting on fifty thousand emails from the Trump transition team all along (link). Mueller had kept this a secret, and had tricked Trumpís people into a false sense of security by requesting copies of the emails that he already had. Trumpís people only turned over the non-incriminating emails, and thought they were covered. This means he has a whole lot of people nailed for various crimes. If Trump tries to make a move, Mueller can begin arresting them all before Trump can complete the complicated process of trying to fire him.

Mueller was sending a message that if Trump tried to get him fired, he would immediately make a move on everyone involved in those emails. In the process, Mueller was also hinting that heís been sitting on incriminating evidence against pretty much everyone involved, likely including Trumpís current White House advisers. It was a tacit demand that Trumpís people find a way to make sure he doesnít fire Mueller. As Palmer Report explained at the time (link), this move left Trumpís team with only one option: back down, and quickly.

Sure enough, less than an hour later, Donald Trumpís team made an announcement that Trump has no intention of firing Robert Mueller, according to a CNN report (link). This reads like a clear attempt on the part of Trumpís team to signal to Mueller that they can indeed keep Trump under control, and that thereís no need for Mueller to release the proverbial kraken on them. If Trump and his people do end up making any further threatening gestures in Muellerís direction, look for even more leaks about the other aces Mueller has up his sleeve. Heíll keep taking increasingly damaging warning shots until they back down and let him do his job."

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-29-2018 at 03:45 PM Edit Post
This is a story that I find more amusing than anything. It's impossible to know if it is true because everything seems like a parody these days, but reports are that Trump refers to the federal departments as "Trump". He particularly likes calling the Justice Department the "Trump Justice Department".

-- The Rick

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-30-2018 at 03:27 PM Edit Post
So, yesterday, Trump refused to continue the sanctions against Russia which had passed nearly unanimously in both houses of Congress. This is shocking and should be front page news on every newspaper and website.

Instead, it was buried under news that the GOP had voted to release a memo that painted the actions of the intelligence community as it investigated the Trump campaign and transition as "corrupt and treasonous". However, this memo was written by GOP representative Devin Nunes. It is basically his interpretation of what happened. Who is Devin Nunes? He is a GOP Congressman who is so deeply tied to Russia that he had to recuse from the House investigation into Russian meddling.

Timing seems awfully suspicious, huh?

[Edited on 1-30-2018 by CCharger]

-- The Rick

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 2-17-2018 at 05:23 PM Edit Post
Pretty big news on this one recently. 13 people and 3 companies indicted.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

The Finale: 3-D vs. Doomsday Device

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 2-26-2018 at 04:44 AM Edit Post
A running tally

BBMN has attached this image:
Image could not be shown

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 2-26-2018 at 04:46 AM Edit Post
out of your element

BBMN has attached this image:
Image could not be shown

"Put the chicken wings down n come to Jihad bro."

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 2-26-2018 at 04:48 AM Edit Post
what the fuck just happened today

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/2018/02/23/day-400/

Rick Gates pleaded guilty to conspiracy and making false statements and will cooperate with Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election, according to a letter Gates gave to family and close friends. Gates admitted to taking part in a conspiracy to hide tens of millions of dollars he and Paul Manafort obtained for their lobbying and consulting work related to Ukraine

"Put the chicken wings down n come to Jihad bro."

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 2-28-2018 at 05:04 PM Edit Post
Meuller moved to drop some charges against Gates, apparently as a reward for his cooperation.

Also, CNN reported that Meuller is investigating Trump's business deals in Russia in 2015 and 2016 - prior to Trump beginning his campaign for president. The suggestion is that Trump ran for President at the urging and/or encouragement of Russian oligarchs so as to influence and manipulate him.

Lastly, Jared Kushner's security clearance was downgraded after it was learned that at least 4 foreign governments - widely believed to be UAE, China, Israel, and Mexico - sought ways to use his business dealings and his lack of experience in government to manipulate him.

-- The Rick

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 2-28-2018 at 11:01 PM Edit Post
And the next on the chopping block is Hope Hicks

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 3-6-2018 at 02:55 AM Edit Post
Sam Nunberg, an ex-Trump aide, just gave a Masters class today on how to give a negative amount of fucks, stating that if Mueller hands up a subpoena that he'll tear it up on air and just lost his mind on live television, including saying that he believes that Carter Page colluded with Russia.

He just fucked Donald Trump so badly, that Michael Cohen just wrote him a check for $130,000.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top