The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Walking Dead - Season 8
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6031
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: WHY IS ANYTHING

posted on 10-8-2017 at 06:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Walking Dead - Season 8

Soooooon. New season Oct. 22. Been there, done that. But wait, there's more!

http://deadline.com/2017/10/the-walking-dead-crossover-fear-the-walking-dead-new-yorj-comic-con-amc-1202183976/

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10647
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Bouncebreak? YAY!

posted on 10-23-2017 at 03:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am ha-ha-happy now.

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12660
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-23-2017 at 04:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Soooooon. New season Oct. 22. Been there, done that. But wait, there's more!

http://deadline.com/2017/10/the-walking-dead-crossover-fear-the-walking-dead-new-yorj-comic-con-amc-1202183976/

crossover? no thanks. I hate FTWD.

edited to add: very much enjoyed tonight's season opener.

[Edited on 10-23-2017 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2389
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 10-23-2017 at 11:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It was intense. Really good, but I think they tried getting too artsy with it.

Just be intense as fuck. Donít turn it into some excuse to be incredibly artsy about it. Not everything needs to be beautiful and make me think deeply. Sometimes, just give us dialogue and action.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10647
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-23-2017 at 02:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The neat part was Rick trying to kill Negan exactly like he said he would instead of hemming and hawing and having some kind of moral crisis the way almost all of these genre shows make a character go through when it comes time to pull the trigger. "10, 9, 8, 7, ah fuck it *opens up with AR-15*".

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9463
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-23-2017 at 08:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, and how the FUCK did Negan not get killed there?! Rick must be a horrible shot. And apparently they have an unlimited supply of ammo.

Those items aside, fun ep! It was great to see the gang kicking so much ass for the first time in a few seasons.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8885
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land
Member Is Online

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 10-23-2017 at 09:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Morgan has clearly gotten over his "no kill" rule, or at least demonstrated that his last season killing of Richard wasn't a 1x thing.

Don't Mess With Texas

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1963
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 10-24-2017 at 04:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iím just curious as to how much money I could have made if I went back a few years and placed wagers on Weird Al Yankovic one day being played on an episode of Walking Dead.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6031
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 10-24-2017 at 05:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think "Dare to Be Stupid" would have been much more appropriate for this group. Rick, Coral had the vagrant handled why the FUCK are you blasting off precious rounds scaring him off and announcing your position?

Yes, I know, ZOMGDRAMA! but Rick, my man, he's right there he's right there he'srightthereHE'SRIGHTFUCKINGTHERE fucking SHOOT him!

And apparently Die Hard was Rick's favorite film, but I'm curious how he knew everyone in the Sanctuary weren't wearing any shoes.

Yes, I know, ZOMGDRAMA but Padre, my man, I know forgiveness is your thing but Gregory just sold you out so fuck 'em and oh by the way now that you're locked in there with Neganzo Amore he's just spouting his catchphrases he's right there he's right there he'srightthereHE'SRIGHTFUCKINGTHERE fucking SHOOT him! FFS, when does FTWD come back on?

Buzz Killington awaaaaaaaaaaay!

#istillmissglenn

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12660
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-24-2017 at 08:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Talking Dead. Christian Serrano aka Rosita's boobs.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
blazeofglory
And I am AWESOME

Posts 157
Registered 4-30-2008

Mood: Legendary

posted on 10-26-2017 at 06:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had mostly the same issues with the episode that Janerd had. People not shooting Negan when they had the chance. Plot immunity at its best. Too bad Sasha wasn't still around. She could have sniped him. Apparently nobody else can work the snipey rifle.

I don't have too much of an issue with Father Gabriel initially going to save Gregory. Yeah he's a douche, but up to that point his real faults were not being equipped to lead, being scared and not standing up to the dude that's been bullying him. Having been bullied as a kid myself, I can understand Gregory's choices to try to appease the bully, as anytime the bully is picking on someone else and not you is a good thing. And I can see why Gabriel might have felt he was still worth saving even after that. Of course once Gregory pulled that dick move and drove away, stranding Gabriel, that was it. That instantly put Gregory on the "needs to get a hot poker shoved up his ass and fed to the walkers on a stick" list.

And I totally agree that once Gabriel got in the trailer and heard Negan asking him if he had his shitting pants on, the answer should have been "Bang bang bang.... Nope. Don't need 'em." Unless Gabriel ran out of ammo in the firefight and we didn't catch it. At which point, yeah those shitting pants would probably come in handy.

I can also semi-seriously understand why Rick didn't just shoot at Negan up there on the platform, too. I think he was trying to avoid the possibility of hitting Dwight or Eugene in the fray. But I can't understand the wasting of all that ammo just to shoot the glass. I didn't get the Die Hard vibe so much as I got more of a "The Jerk" vibe in that they must REALLY hate that glass.

The funny Star Wars fan in me believes that the guns they had must be modified prototype Imperial E-11 blaster rifles and the prospect of hitting Dwight or Eugene by accident was actually pretty high. Maybe they weren't even shooting at the windows/glass and they were actually aiming for the door. When Rick had Negan pinned down and he couldn't come close to hitting him despite quite a bit of Negan's body not being behind cover, I said to the tv, "Dude, put down the stormtrooper blaster and go use the magnum." It wasn't like Negan was firing back. He doesn't appear to carry a pistol, he's more of a "lightsaber" kind of guy.

Another thing I don't get is how everyone recovers from gunshot wounds so damn quickly. Rick got shot in what appeared to be the abdomen by Jadis in last season's finale, but he's got no ill effects from it, seemingly not very long afterwards. Negan looked like he took a bullet in the leg during the premiere and only minutes later in the trailer with Gabriel he's still smiling and playing teenage juvenile comedian talking about someone wearing their shitting pants.

Of course this is still my favorite damn show and won't stop watching it because of silly things like this.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6031
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 10-27-2017 at 06:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10647
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-30-2017 at 03:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Milkface bastard! Suck my toes! C'mon, Shithead! Good boy! He's not carnival personnel!

Someone's going to have to start saying "you fucked up again, Rick" to him as often as Ricky used to say it to Cory & Trevor. Same to Ezekial because those ball catcher's chest protectors aren't gonna do fuck all in stopping bullets. Fun all around though, with lots of the good ol' ultra-violence tonight.

[Edited on 10/30/2017 by Paddlefoot]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6031
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-1-2017 at 03:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I need to invest in that steel manufacturing company because I'll be goddamned if those weren't the strongest and thinnest bullet-stopping galvanized steel panels I've ever seen attached to those cars. Great action episode otherwise, especially with Agent Double 0 Morgan on the case. He really got over that no kill rule.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2389
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-2-2017 at 10:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am liking this all-action start we got going on.

Although what the fuck, Jesus?! Whatís the end game to taking such a large amount of dangerous people? What, are they gonna change?

That shit pissed me off, and itís a thing the show does to build artificial drama to pad the show out. Like, stop treating the audience like morons. We know what happens to these guys who try to kill our heroes and then get tied up. 99 times or of 100, it bites the good guys in the ass (except for that lone Wolf cat from season 5 and 6.)

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10647
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-6-2017 at 05:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Don't fuck with Ma Deuce, bishes.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6031
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-7-2017 at 03:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes King, keep saying over and over we didn't lose one person. Do you even know what show you're on, My Liege? Otherwise, action packed tactical foolishness! Which is better than slow, pontificating foolishness! I guess!

Also, is Norman Reedus even on this show anymore or is that just some gravelly-voiced guy with greasy, stringy hair doing an impersonation? Because I can't think of a more popular character, at least from the beginnings of the show, that has had utterly nothing to do and barely any lines for, like, the last season or two.

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003
Location Saratoga Springs, NY

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2017 at 06:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like the 'run and gun' aspect of the first few episodes. Even if it's mostly Rick's group massacring people. I'm sure Negan will get his payback soon.

That said, while the shooting stuff is neat, they were like 10 on 10 or more shooting fully automatic weapons at each other for an hour from 20ft away and not hitting anything. And using metal that couldn't stop a single bullet, much less thousands, as cover. That kind of stuff got very old very quickly.

Jesus and Morgan is about as dumb as Carol and Morgan was a few seasons ago. And if those prisoners wind up killing dozens of people, it'll make me just roll my eyes.

And holy shit, Morales~! That's awesome! This adds a whole cool dynamic to things, adding complexity to ...Oh wait, he's dead. Nevermind.

And yeah, I got sick of hearing King Zeke talk about WINNING as well.

Kind of a meh season, so far. But it's early.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6031
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-7-2017 at 09:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You brought up another nagging point I forgot to mention. JUST. FUCKING. SHOOT. THEM. ARE. YOU. THAT. DENSE?!?!

Also, is Morgan the only one that seems like he's one of those people from one of those fish out of water type comedies/skits where a guy gets dropped into a situation that's clearly insane and is insane to him but not to anyone else around him and no one else notices it but him? Poor fucking dude goes from family guy that first lost his wife, then his son to his zombie wife, goes into delusional seclusion, then finds his way to some kind of peace in that fucked up world with Martial Arts Buddha Man, then loses MABM to violence but doesn't lose his new philosophy, then gets reunited with Crazy Murder Friend and tries to re-teach him the value of life and not killing everything in sight, then is forced to break his pact and psyche to help Crazy Murder Friend kill the bad guys, only for some shithead do-gooder tell him killing is bad, amen. *whew* That's a lot of strain on the membrane to put on a dude. Poor, poor Morgan.

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003
Location Saratoga Springs, NY

Mood:

posted on 11-13-2017 at 06:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
While I have to admit sadness at the passing of Shiva, I have to ask how the tiger didn't just plow through the zombies and escape? Especially since when he landed and started fighting, he knocked zombies everywhere. Still, Im gonna miss you, fuzzball.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10647
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-13-2017 at 06:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, that was a problem in the comic too. Pretty sure that a full-grown tiger wouldn't have much difficulty clobbering a dozen or so zombies and then run away.

The other plot-hole was the way bullets apparently bounce off of vehicles no problem, even when a 50-cal opens up on the front end of a jeep from less than fifty feet away. I can live with rifle fire not penetrating corrugated steel sheeting. A 50-cal though can't even scratch a jeep though, even after it's been shown to have blown holes the size of saucers in a whole bunch of people? That was just lame.

It's too bad that these things detracted from the rest, which was actually a fairly good episode. Zeke's meltdown was well done. He's lost everything (his people, his weapons, his tiger) all from being too cocky. And has no one to blame but himself for getting complacent after a couple of easy early wins.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 747
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-13-2017 at 07:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kinda dug the Jeffrey Dahmer/Jack Torrance looking guy.

I guess I never knew the tiger's name but as soon as they said Shiva I just started singing that damn Shivakamini Somakandarkram song. And I took that damn tiger's death worse than anyone's since....I dunno. And I didn't even know it's name.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2389
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-14-2017 at 03:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I actually despised that character. He was like an out-of-place cartoon character, with the evil southern accent. He had that sort of voice where if you were simply listening to audio and couldn't see the story, you would know he was a no-good evildoer within .0001 seconds.

He was that stupid Hollywood character who had to spell out the symbolism of things we were already thinking, but gets sent out to do it anyways because they think we're all dumbasses who can't see "OMG EZEKIEL'S KINGDOM IS NOW STILL FOLLOWING HIM, BUT AS ZOMBIES!!" He was undoubtedly the worst one-episode character I can remember.

Also, what was up with his clothes being so clean? I haven't worn a shirt that white since 2015.

However, besides that guy, I really liked the episode. Shiva's death was dealt with respectably, and was necessary in absolutely crushing Ezekiel. Anytime I say "aw man..." out loud when watching a movie or show, that's a good indicator of it's impact on me. For some people, it's only been a year that they've been with the pair, but for me, it's been almost 5.

I can also look past the .50 cal not making a dent in the jeep. Sometimes I just don't care, and love seeing Rick and Darryl fuck shit up.

[Edited on 11-14-2017 by CamstunPWG187]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6031
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-15-2017 at 05:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Same same same with what everybody wrote so far. I liked Demented Exposition Guy but he was a bit too on the nose. Sometimes I forget and want this show to be a Zombie Breaking Bad, but that would be waaaay too niche and clever for a show that has to be broad-based entertainment. This is essentially WWE Zombies, not some high art thinkin' man's programmin'. My only real regret was that they shot the close-up of Jerry axing that motherfucker a question and not doing a wideshot, momentary shocked-face, T-1000 cut-in-half type deal.

And like y'alls pretty much said already it was sad to see Shiva got et, because scripting. I heard the tiger got eaten so I was waiting for it to happen at any moment, but I especially figured it would have been during the bigger horde scenes and not a measly goo pit. They were literally just standing in the goo fending them off with puny worn-down human muscles fairly easily and if Zeke hadn't stopped to have ZOMGExistential Crisis!!11!! they could have walked away. And that tiger should have wrecked shit easily. But then again, zombie apocalypse feat. trained zoo tiger, so it's probably best not too look into it that much.

I won't even because I can't even on the gun stuff Pad n' Cam mentioned. Yeah, Rick's, like, so dead from that forreal, the Jeep even moreso. But I don't care because Crazy Murder Twins are on the loose and hearing/seeing the Deuce let loose was pretty fucking cool.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10647
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-15-2017 at 05:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm hoping the reason they give for making Reedus talk like that is because Daryl's dying from esophageal cancer. That would be the only way to forgive them for randomly switching his dialogue from gruff to indecipherable.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top