The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (September 4, 2017)
bigfatgoalie
The Man

Posts 6621
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 9-5-2017 at 02:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So...are they going to build up Nia as unstoppable so Asuka can be the one to beat her? It's not a bad idea...minus the fact Nia isn't that good.
janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4326
Registered 1-28-2013

Mood: Self-Groper

posted on 9-5-2017 at 02:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
So...are they going to build up Nia as unstoppable so Asuka can be the one to beat her? It's not a bad idea...minus the fact Nia isn't that good.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Nia's the second The Rock cousin to not quite be able to Bring It. While I can see WWE wanting her to evolve into a female Braun, so far her greatest attribute is the legit fear that comes from worrying if she'll pull a Lenny and injure or kill one of her rabbit-like opponents due to her 'tard strength.

Originally posted by DKBroiler
She looks so different when not in character as a jizz dartboard. What an amazing performer on so many levels.
Side note, anyone else think her finisher should be known as Paige’s Stuck Together?

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2507
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Joining NJPW

posted on 9-5-2017 at 02:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Which is why they have to do this NOW, and then put her in there with the legit Japanese Badass who can protect herself? I dunno, that "strike while the large iron is hot" thing? Make big-boned hay while the sun shines? Y'know? Some metaphor for "cash in now, and be done with it sooner" is what I'm getting at.

"It's a WWE tradition, to do something un-right." --Paddlefoot

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4326
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 9-5-2017 at 02:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Geez Louise how hard is Vinceses crank for getting Neville some kind of leg lengthening surgery so he can romp it on the big stage? Outside of Miz, Neville is IT as far as heelin' goes.

ETA: THANK YOU THEME NIGHT! *clap clap clapclapclap* Watch this shit, bitches...

Wow, how did Big Show pull off that Macho Man Elbow?!?! Only someone that has no fear of death could attempt such a maneuver. Perhaps someone already dead. Maybe even a Wight.

Best. Last RAM. Evar!!!!

[Edited on 9-5-2017 by janerd75]

She looks so different when not in character as a jizz dartboard. What an amazing performer on so many levels.
Side note, anyone else think her finisher should be known as Paige’s Stuck Together?

bigfatgoalie
The Man

Posts 6621
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 9-5-2017 at 03:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Damn...Big Show needs one last main event run.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2507
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 03:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe we've been spelling it wrong all these years... Paul Wyatt? Finn McGuiness accidentally revealed the key to the Wyatt Family --- Andre The Giant's lineage!

Il Palazzo
Showstopper

Posts 618
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 9-5-2017 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Now you'll wake yourself up in the middle of the night thinking, "how would Bray's promos sound when delivered by Andre the Giant????" AND WE SHALL NEVER KNOW. Although I guess you could just haul Khali out to do it.

And yay for Braun helping Show get out of the ring the fast way! Part of me wonders how easily that wall segment came loose, and if there was any chance of it accidentally falling over mid-match. That could've been........ amusing.

You did it, Nibbles. Now chew through my ball sack.

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4326
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 9-5-2017 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not a bad power match to end The Show. Mostly safe but with some decent high spots throughout, especially the one of Roar Yellman tossing Pee-Wight through the cage wall. Good on Show to be a good soldier for Braun. That elbow he did was nuts though regardless of how much weight he's lost or how much he looks like a giant thumbcock without his beard.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2507
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 03:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
He does really look like a thumbcock without the beard.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8044
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: ChinceMcMahon

posted on 9-5-2017 at 05:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aye, twas a good night overall.

You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense, like that's the whole point, dude. And I'm just saying, you know, that's like an excuse for lazy storytelling. Just don't sell me shite and tell me it's gold, all right? I might be stoned, but I'm not high. You know what I mean?
- Cassidy from Preacher, commenting on The Big Lebowski and/or professional wrestling

CVD39
Fella

Posts 303
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 9-5-2017 at 09:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
2 things: I figured someone was going thru the only side of the cage (Big Show obviously or anyone if Lesnar showed up) that they never messed with (iirc) and I'm guessing Enzo cheats to win the match tomorrow night on 205. Just a hunch.
First 9
The Rowdy One

Posts 2833
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 9-5-2017 at 03:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think this show was as good as one can expect the show to be on a week to week basis. Nothing outright offensive and 3 good to great matches in Cena vs Jordan, Hardy vs Miz and the Cage match.
GodEatGod
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 9-5-2017 at 04:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hardy/Miz was really good and surprisingly had a nice clean ending. Between that and the commentary, they really seem to be getting behind Miz (and the first time he's been called a future Hall of Famer, that I can recall).

I wasn't feeling Cena/Jordan as much. It felt like they were trying for something epic or to recreate that moment with Angle/Cena and it never really worked for me. Those loose-as-shit submissions didn't help - Cena's STF still looks like shit and Jordan's crossface was no better.

The screaming bit from the women's tag was pretty great and I'm glad to see Emma get some spotlight, even if her tweeting gimmick is annoying.

The final spot with Show going through the cage was super contrived but it was still fun and will look good in a highlight package at the PPV. As usual, a fun match but probably the least of their three encounters on RAW.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1664
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 9-5-2017 at 06:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
quote:
Man, Santino had the shot, WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THE SHOT.

Yeah....Secret Service to be visiting Cheddar Bay, N.C. soon.

[Edited on 9-5-2017 by Frank Lloyd Wright]

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

denverpunk
The Rowdy One

Posts 2719
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 9-5-2017 at 08:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If WWE had their shit together then they would push Jordan the exact same way they pushed Angle during his debut. Disclosure: I hated Angle when he debuted, but he won me over by getting better, organically being pushed with his undefeated streak, and by being hilarious. Jordan has already lost a few times needlessly and is not being allowed to grow any real gravitas.

[Edited on 9-5-2017 by denverpunk]

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 1821
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 9-5-2017 at 09:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Since someone brought up Asuka ... I want them to give her 6 weeks of build up. Vinettes, interviews, hell ... compare her to Goldberg. Make sure everyone knows that she's the most badass chick that ever done badassed.

And then I want her to lose her first match.

She can win every match forever after that for all I care. Whomever got THAT pin on Asuka would get the biggest win imaginable for their career. It's a "Rock and Stone Cold on the same night" level win. Asuka can get her win back 200 times over after that.

Braun Strowman guy.

bigfatgoalie
The Man

Posts 6621
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 9-5-2017 at 10:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So apparently Big Show needs hip surgery and the match last night was setup to write him off tv for a bit. Hopefully he can come back as Show vs Braun would be a fun Universal Title match.
Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 775
Registered 5-13-2003
Location Saratoga Springs, NY
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 9-5-2017 at 10:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought overall that the show was very solid. The bit where Miz countered basically every major move Hardy made was interesting, and wasn't mentioned a lot that I noticed. Miz essentially had Hardy's number, although it was a great match. Makes me wonder if they will work it into a running story or not.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top