The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (September 4, 2017)
OORick
If There Was Ever a Time

Posts 3757
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: The Time is Right

posted on 9-4-2017 at 10:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (September 4, 2017)

Tonight on RAW: WWE endeavors to cap off a 3-day weekend for most (or many, at least) of its fans, while also taking advantage of the final Monday night 2017 without competition from the NFL...

In order to compel you close out the holiday with 3 hours of wrestling, RAW is serving up a main event in which Braun Strowman and the Big Show will battle inside a Steel Cage... the two have displayed solid chemistry in past slobberknocker-style matches, and when you add in a cage, they ought to be able to deliver another Sports Entertainment Spectacle, even if it isn't exactly a great exhibition of grapplingsmanship... with Strowman just 2 weeks away from a WWEU Title Match against Brock Lesnar, expect him to perform some insane feat of strength and/or ultraviolence to cap things off...

As a secondary attraction, the IC Title is on the line tonight, as The Miz defends against Jeff Hardy... while this is more of a make-good/one-off type of a match to make up for the IC Title being absent from SummerSlam, the strength of the two characters ought to create a red hot environment, and all the moving pieces (Maryse, the Miztourage, Matt) will provide tons of drama and excitement.... given WWE's recent string of rapid fire title changes, I'm actually considering a Jeff win as a viable option (with the rematch and Miz regaining the title an easy add-on to the PPV in a few weeks), which just ups the drama factor...

John Cena vs. Roman Reigns is the #2 story on RAW, behind the WWEU title feud... the past two weeks, the two heated rivals have wound up as tag partners, winning both matches despite their differences... I guess you could have some plot contrivance force them together yet again tonight, but given the blistering hatred on display in their tasty (and rather one-sided) war of words last week, it may be time to focus on the animosity more so than surprising teamwork...

Cesaro and Sheamus will definitely be getting a tag title rematch against Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, and can pretty much do no wrong in terms of treading water till the PPV... last Monday, they split two singles matches (Cesaro beat Rollins, Ambrose beat Sheamus), and I'd be perfectly happy if they ran that again, with the match-ups flipped; nothing fancy, just 30 minutes of rock solid in-ring action...

Alexa Bliss dispatched Sasha Banks in last Monday's main event, regaining her Women's Title.... Banks is no doubt due a rematch, too, probably at the PPV... but in the meantime, you've clearly got WWE starting to build Nia Jax up as a future challenger... also, WWE is finally getting behind Emma a little bit, which is cool... but all of this present landscape probably gets blown up in about 2 months, when Asuka shows up...

Enzo chasing Neville's Cruiserweight Title wraps up all discussion relating to gold belts...

The rest: lots of compelling characters without compelling storylines, so there's work to be done on the undercard.... Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Jason Jordan, Elias Sampson, the Good Brothers, and others were all just kind of thrown into the Battle Royale last week; but other than WWE maybe attempting to milk the he-goat by doing another chapter of Balor/Wyatt (when a grand total of zero shits are being given), there's no real obvious direction for any of them....

That is all. End communication.

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8058
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section
Member Is Online

Mood: ChinceMcMahon

posted on 9-4-2017 at 11:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Teh Rick!

I'd suggest with Jordan that they do the same thing TNA did with AJ Styles and give him something silly to work with to prove that he can be a goofy bastard for a while. One of AJ's funnier moments was when he was part of Kurt Angles entourage along with Karen and Jeremy Borash and they put a crown on him as Prince AJ:

This whole thing was fairly funny, mostly because AJ proved he could ham it up when he had to. I don't suggest putting a crown on Jordan and have his accidentally marry Maryse the way AJ did with Karen. Just put him in a goof-troop for a while with Kurt or, even better, maybe the Miztourage just to see what happens. At this stage with Jordan, with some of the boos he's getting as a lukewarm babyface, they don't have much to lose. Kurt doesn't seem up to things in these days of scripted promos the way he was before in the old days where he could hold his own with a mic against Rock and Austin. Maybe making the Miz a bigger part of his development, and as Jordan's sorta-mentor instead of enemy, could help pull the kid though to the other side of the divide between fan favourite and meh. Beats that rut of drawing crickets and half-hearted booing he's getting now.

Oh my god, they've shot Cabbagehead!

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4344
Registered 1-28-2013

Mood: Cabbage Head

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Alright, let's do this. Janerd's final RAM so it better be a good one.

ETA: Even with his growing bald spot but longer hair, Cena somehow looks younger now. Nikki dickie licky, I guess?

[Edited on 9-5-2017 by janerd75]

Originally posted by DKBroiler
She looks so different when not in character as a jizz dartboard. What an amazing performer on so many levels.
Side note, anyone else think her finisher should be known as Paige’s Stuck Together?

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8058
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Alright, let's do this. Janerd's final RAM so it better be a good one.

No way. What gives?

[Edited on 9/5/2017 by Paddlefoot]

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4344
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

But don't worry, we don't have windstorm or flood insurance coverage so I'm sure it won't come here now.

She looks so different when not in character as a jizz dartboard. What an amazing performer on so many levels.
Side note, anyone else think her finisher should be known as Paige’s Stuck Together?

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2511
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Biscuit butt

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If cock-a-roaches can survive the Nukes, I have faith in you 'nerdski.

KICK THAT STORM'S ASS! FOR FLORIDA!!!!!!

Or, y'know, just embrace the waterlogged end. Enjoy the sharknado. Drink Ketel One!

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4344
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lol, Reigns gittin' whated. Cena should have just said "WHAT?" and the crowd would have shit.

Preps have been made. FOR FLORIDA! Also, any y'alls need some scalps or need an organ or two?

ETA: This is a much better outing for Reigns, but not by much. It's a bit looser but is being helped by a partial return of the O.G. Wigger General Thug Lyfe Cena.

[Edited on 9-5-2017 by janerd75]

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8058
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good start. THE REAL BIG DAWG IS IN MY PANTS!

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4344
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Finally Reigns loosened up enough to go for it! Whether it was preplanned or on the fly* it at least stemmed the bloodloss from all of Cena's haymakers. It kinda feels like they're desperate to figure out Reigns so they're letting John and The Script™ off the chain to either maul Roman or find out if Reigns can put up any defense of his own.

*"ON THE FLY" DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE FOR YOU ON JANERD'S GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE?!?!?!!?

Il Palazzo
Showstopper

Posts 624
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds like I missed something worth seeing! CURSES. Although I'll hope WWE decides to waste time later in the night replaying chunks of it.

You did it, Nibbles. Now chew through my ball sack.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2511
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Or just hit the RubeTube in. um.. probably ten minutes? Give or take?

And Matt almost ...broke... character. Delightful!

"It's a WWE tradition, to do something un-right." --Paddlefoot

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4344
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Miz is the new Cena confirmed. Called out with respekt (a'ight) by Cena in a promo then defeats Jeffrey to retain his title. Really? REALLY??!? Fucking yes, really.

Also, not Maryse, but close enough. This one got me suspended from imgur, so please enjoy!

Soory not soory for the gifs, but I've only got a week left.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2511
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tropical Storm Jiggle has made landfall. Hold on to your ... ahem. nevermind.

Il Palazzo
Showstopper

Posts 624
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Now it's even worse: Hurricane Enzo. Not NEARLY enough jiggle.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2511
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
EL QUESO PICANTE!!!!!!!!!! Best New Luchador of 2017.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8058
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Gotta put up with Enzo. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. That overbearing personality is at least 90% of what he needs to make it in this industry. And at least he hit the Eat Defeet correctly this time.

Jigglies. Eases the pain. 1970's boobs say hello!

[Edited on 9/5/2017 by Paddlefoot]

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2511
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was going to say, it's nice that they got around to "stealing" Gail Kim's finisher. I always thought it was a cool move, and it actually kinda fits here.

And no, Enzo's not going anywhere until he is personally responsible for the death of 205Live. I'm not saying that's going to happen. I'm sayin that, as it stands now, those are the circumstances that will cause him to get shitcanned if/when they give up on the idea. He can 'hang' with the big guys, so if he's still in Whoever's good graces by then, they'll spin him back into Enzo & Cass The Reunion.

Enzo is their latest attempt to "save" 205Live, like Neville and Austin Aries, and...

I'm just glad I don't really hate him. As long as I never have to deal with dude, I can laugh at his on-camera shenanigans.

Il Palazzo
Showstopper

Posts 624
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know that I'm down on Enzo as much as others, but having him have to go at it on his own is still a bit silly due to his usual status as permanent face in peril. Although tonight proves that all they need to do is have him come out, cut a promo, and then wrestle in some form of tag match where he gets his ass kicked 99% of the time until either someone else picks up the win, or he pulls what he did tonight and cheats a bit.

Also, I'd like to see a time where he finally gets a title shot against Neville, and at the start the realization of his inability to not be a human punching bag causes him to curl up in a ball.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8058
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Some of these gay-spooky Bray promos, after the House of Horrors debacle, are getting almost as annoying as Enzo. Didn't think anything could come close to Enzo but it has.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2511
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I could enjoy it if they remixed the Eddie G. "Cheat 2 Win" thing. That would require Enzo to "outsmart" people, and -that- is gonna sand a lot of vayjays (tm The Rick), but as a fan of the Guerreros & Latino Heat, I'm fine with "face who cheats in humorous fashions".

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4344
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did...did Finn just call him Brey Wight?

via GIPHY

Il Palazzo
Showstopper

Posts 624
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Man, Santino had the shot, WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THE SHOT.

ALSO, reform the Wyatt Family on RAM by adding Enzo to the mix. You can somehow rehab both of them. Best idea, or BESTEST idea?

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2511
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh sure, if BECKY sounds Irish, she gets buried. Finn McGuinness can go out there and say Brey Wight, and...

Eta: I forgot how entirely amused I was by Santina Marella. Santino was okay too, but Santina was possibly some of his funniest stuff. That, and Glamarella.

ETA2: Hey, it's apollo... Nope, wrong music. Sorry.

[Edited on 9-5-2017 by Count Zero]

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8058
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Emma's new theme sucks. Should have tried harder with the Emmalina gig.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2511
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-5-2017 at 02:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What iiiiiifff... They had given the "Never Going To Wrestle/Emmalina" thing to LANA? Would we have been spared Eva Marie, and would Emma's career be better off?

*travels into parallel WWEUniverses*

EtaOMG: Nia & Alexa simul-screaming was hilarious. I almost shot drink out of my nose. "Slap! ......" Nia: RAAAAGGGGGH!!! / Bliss: EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

[Edited on 9-5-2017 by Count Zero]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top