The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ric Flair Hospitalized
royberto
Showstopper

Posts 673
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 8-14-2017 at 10:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
TMZ reports he is out of surgery but the situation is still serious.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/14/ric-flair-surgery-medically-induced-coma/

Looks like TMZ is simply getting the info funneled to them by WWE at this point.

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3655
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 8-15-2017 at 12:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Meltzer is reporting that the situation is "real bad".

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."
--- Stephen Miller, Trump senior White House advisor, Feb. 12, 2017

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 7806
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: ChinceMcMahon

posted on 8-15-2017 at 04:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Some confusion as to what actually happened after Gene Okerlund tweeted that Flair had a colon surgery, not a heart one. Not sure why everyone around him is being so secretive about this as it's just generating incorrect rumours.

You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense, like that's the whole point, dude. And I'm just saying, you know, that's like an excuse for lazy storytelling. Just don't sell me shite and tell me it's gold, all right? I might be stoned, but I'm not high. You know what I mean?
- Cassidy from Preacher, commenting on The Big Lebowski and/or professional wrestling

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 7845
Registered 1-11-2004
Location Hippieville
Member Is Online

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 8-15-2017 at 04:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mean Gene is saying Flair's heart is in his ass?

Don't Mess With Texas

Dyn-O-Mite
And I am AWESOME

Posts 230
Registered 12-14-2005

Mood: Thread Killing

posted on 8-15-2017 at 05:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CEO of the Agency that represents him also says it was a procedure not related to his heart:

(From ESPN) "Melinda Morris Zanoni, CEO of Legacy Talent and Entertainment, which represents Flair, tweeted that the procedure was not heart-related."

Also, if that wasn't sarcasm and Meltzer truly reported that the situation was "real bad." That sounds like him trying to stay in the wrestling news conversation, not happy that mainstream pop culture media has honed in on his "turf." There is nothing newsworthy about that report. The dude was in the ICU, a medically induced coma and had unscheduled surgery. It'd be like reporting that there was a "disturbance" in Charlottesville this weekend...

(If it was sarcastic, fine, I'll tweak my sarcasm detector & I don't mind taking an unwarranted shot at Meltzer)

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 7806
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 8-15-2017 at 05:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
Mean Gene is saying Flair's heart is in his ass?

Gene snapped years ago from all those WOOOOOOO!-centric interviews.

As for the colon part that means two things most likely. One is uncontrollable bleeding from something like severe diverticulitis or, two, they found a mass causing a really painful blockage. Either option is pretty nasty and more than warrants some time in an ICU for round-the-clock observation.

[Edited on 8/15/2017 by Paddlefoot]

You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense, like that's the whole point, dude. And I'm just saying, you know, that's like an excuse for lazy storytelling. Just don't sell me shite and tell me it's gold, all right? I might be stoned, but I'm not high. You know what I mean?
- Cassidy from Preacher, commenting on The Big Lebowski and/or professional wrestling

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3655
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-15-2017 at 01:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dyn-O-Mite
CEO of the Agency that represents him also says it was a procedure not related to his heart:

(From ESPN) "Melinda Morris Zanoni, CEO of Legacy Talent and Entertainment, which represents Flair, tweeted that the procedure was not heart-related."

Also, if that wasn't sarcasm and Meltzer truly reported that the situation was "real bad." That sounds like him trying to stay in the wrestling news conversation, not happy that mainstream pop culture media has honed in on his "turf." There is nothing newsworthy about that report. The dude was in the ICU, a medically induced coma and had unscheduled surgery. It'd be like reporting that there was a "disturbance" in Charlottesville this weekend...

(If it was sarcastic, fine, I'll tweak my sarcasm detector & I don't mind taking an unwarranted shot at Meltzer)
\
It was something he posted on his website's message board. The entire message was: "It’s good that he’s out of surgery. It’s still real bad.”

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 7806
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 8-15-2017 at 10:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Latest updates are that Ric is still in critical and that it was an intestinal blockage that caused an emergency situation. The blockage caused his kidneys to shut down and their main priority now in ICU is to get them working again. He's still in the induced coma and will be for a while yet.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 7806
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 8-16-2017 at 11:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
More updates, from Ric's girlfriend:

https://411mania.com/wrestling/new-health-update-ric-flair/

quote:
UPDATE: Ric Flair’s girlfriend has posted an update on the WWE Hall of Famer’s health issues. Wendy Barlow says Flair’s condition is still criticial.

Barlow posted, “Just want to give an update to my friends and Family as I have been unable to talk on the phone without crying and just feel shocked over events….I took Ric to the Hospital Friday night with Severe Abdominal pain. From that moment on it all seems like a nightmare…multiple Organ problems. Not to go into too many details I want everyone to know he still needs Prayers as he is still in Critical Condition. And No he did not have Colon Surgery….It was another Surgery! I don’t know how the Media comes up with their stories. I have been by his side since Friday and will continue to make sure he is getting the best care possible. Thanks for all of the support and Love”

The colon surgery story originated with Gene Okerlund, Flair’s longtime friend who expressed that it was colon surgery on Monday.

Liver failure? Gall bladder? As per Our Rick when something goes really bad with the pancreas it's also nothing but sheer shrieking pain.

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4130
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

Mood: #MOOGA

posted on 8-17-2017 at 02:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
She doesn't know how the media comes up with their stories? Not that we have a right to know, Hun, but when a public figure whose former/current job involved Grade-A swerves and misdirections (or tard-level obvious shit for Sting), the most startling thing a pro wrassler can do is tell the truth. Not knocking her at all but it's Naitch darlin', not Barry Horowitz.

I would assume the problem is all his exes up his ass for alimony whut caused the blockage. #oldskool4lyfe

NJ > Florida!
Sandy > Irma!
Springsteen > Tebow
DK > Janerd

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3655
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-18-2017 at 06:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The NY Post is reporting that Flair was hospitalized due to a severe bowel obstruction and had to have a large portion of his bowel removed and will have to use a colostomy bag for the rest of his life. They further reported that he suffered some "complications" post-surgery which could keep him in the hospital for up to a month.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 7976
Registered 7-16-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 8-18-2017 at 06:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Man... it's gonna be super awkward the first time he shows up on Raw and rips that thing off to elbow drop it.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4130
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 8-18-2017 at 08:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
Man... it's gonna be super fucking awesome the first time he shows up on Raw and rips that thing off to elbow drop it.

FTFY. Friendo, you need to expand your horizons regarding how you perceive entertaining shit going down.

If it's anything like my Great-Uncle Cliff who survived a bout of colon cancer that forced him to wear a bag, which he would subsequently dispose of in a 55-gallon-drum burn barrel and would never pay any mind to the wind shifting the smell towards the house, you are got ed right I'm looking forward to the day Ric Flair WOOOOO's the everlasting shit out of his bag in the middle of the ring one day.

NJ > Florida!
Sandy > Irma!
Springsteen > Tebow
DK > Janerd

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3655
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-21-2017 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Update on Flair:

The Observer reports that he is still in critical condition and that he has received an external pacemaker. Also, they report that he is currently on dialysis.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 7806
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 8-21-2017 at 05:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
His manager/agent said that Ric cut a promo on a nurse after he regained consciousness the other day. Which is probably the second-last thing Charlotte needed to hear if she was in the room at the time, next to him asking someone to go get him a drink, as he starts going on in a weak barely-conscious voice "wooooo, didn't I take you to space mountain back in '88, mama? woooo........".

royberto
Showstopper

Posts 673
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 8-24-2017 at 05:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
*The Observer reports that Ric Flair remains hospitalized, but things are considered more optimistic than they were last week. Flair in conscious, has been talking with family, and is said to be getting stronger with each day.

Flair has to get his kidneys functioning and has to overcome an infection. Right now he has an external pacemaker, but will likely be getting surgery to install an internal pacemaker. They went with the external pacemaker because he wasn’t ready for another operation and they needed his heart beating at a steady rate.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 7806
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 9-2-2017 at 10:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still kickin'! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4130
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 9-2-2017 at 10:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So good to see the hospital let gramps relive the old days for a bit!

Yes that's it, Mr. Fliehr, just 'WOO' it out. Mmm hmm, jet flying and limo rides, yes yes now just settle down, Mr. Fliehr. What's that, hun? No no, Mr. Fliehr we can't give you a quick bump before your next promo. Heh heh, yes Mr. Fliehr, I am a bit large and no I don't believe my mother's ever ridden on space mountain. And no we cannot give the contents of your bag to Mr. Russo. Please Mr. Fliehr don't crush and snort those pills as I've mentioned to you several times those are your stool softeners.

NJ > Florida!
Sandy > Irma!
Springsteen > Tebow
DK > Janerd

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3533
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 9-3-2017 at 03:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So funny that while in a coma/on his deathbed, Ric, or someone close to him, had time to have T-shirts made up....
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 7976
Registered 7-16-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 9-3-2017 at 09:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well if he hadn't made it, they could have just sent all those shirts to Africa, like they do all the Super Bowl loser shirts.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3655
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 9-21-2017 at 06:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In an interview with People magazine, Ric Flair has revealed that his hospitalization was caused by the early stages of kidney failure and congestive heart failure - all related to chronic alcohol abuse.

Doctors inserted a pacemaker and removed a section of his bowel.

He remains in a convalescent home and has a personal nurse.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top