The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WWE 2K18
Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1524
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 9-6-2017 at 10:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pretty sure that removing Aries wouldn't be an issue. As I remember it, the only reason Punk still made it onto 2K15 was because Punk vs Cena was a featured part of the Rivalry Showcase mode, and 2K had said that there was no way to remove Punk without completely eliminating the Showcase.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3648
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 9-12-2017 at 10:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can add Vince McMahon to the list of newly revealed wrestlers in the game... I'm hoping they use a newer scan for him; as the non-playable in a match manager Vince was newer, but the playable in a match Vince was from like 98 or so.

I wish they'd also do a newer scan for some of the legends when and where possible; like HBK or Hart- have a version in their prime, and another skin for their current salt and pepper years.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 9-16-2017 at 03:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On top of Vince, two more additional characters were added. Albert is now in the game (they figured that if they were going to have his model in for career mode, then why not?). More importantly, Papa Shango is back. Which means that this is an Arn Anderson/Brian Pillman away from being perfect.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1524
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 9-27-2017 at 12:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
DLC announced, or at least some of it. To be made available for download:

Matt and Jeff Hardy (obvious)

The Rock and Roll Express (cool)

Drew McIntyre (expected)

Beth Phoenix (no surprise)

Elias (not a shock)

Ruby Riot (Yes!)

Lars Sullivan (huh. okay then.)

Didn't say if there's more to come, but aren't there usually more than his?

I'm Cherokee Jack!

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 9-27-2017 at 12:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yep and the last addition is Alestair Black. So the names you mentioned plus him. That's it. That's, at best, a $10 value. I mean, this roster was pretty solid and these were essentially the missing pieces but it kinda irks me that they're going to charge a premium Season Pass price for what is essentially half of what they usually give. I blame the Switch version

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1806
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 9-27-2017 at 01:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
Yep and the last addition is Alestair Black. So the names you mentioned plus him. That's it. That's, at best, a $10 value. I mean, this roster was pretty solid and these were essentially the missing pieces but it kinda irks me that they're going to charge a premium Season Pass price for what is essentially half of what they usually give. I blame the Switch version

Apparently 2K is going to release more details on all of the DLC packs tomorrow (9/28) so maybe we'll get a little more to justify the sticker price. Personally, I'm actually pretty jazzed about this years version. So much so that I'm using terms like "jazzed." The roster is pretty stacked, and I was honestly hoping that maybe (MABEY) we might get someone that debuted late in the production cycle like Aleister Black and here we have him, McIntyre, Riot, and Sullivan. So yay for that and not having to wait for any of them the way we did Roode.

The main selling point for me though is the CAW Suite which I was already pretty happy with but the video 2K released last week (I'd embed it if I weren't on my phone right now) has me salivating at the prospect of recreating my 60-70+ strong roster of CAWs that my friends and I have been building since the N64 days. Expect some Quentil-esque Fallout-style posts from me in the near future.

ETA: video link

[Edited on 9/27/2017 by CM Crunk]

#MOOGA

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 9-27-2017 at 01:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nope, season pass same price as usual and contains the same extras: Accelerator, Career Mode Kickstarter, Moves Pack, and two character packs containing the listed guys. That's a bit of a letdown (that I'm willing to blame on the Switch), but the roster is solid. Solid enough that, really, barring a ton of legends being added next year or WWE buying TNA and adding that entire roster to this one, I may be good with 2K18 for a while.

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1524
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 9-27-2017 at 04:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah this is about as complete a roster as one could realistically hope for. According to one website, the complete list of Raw/SD roster members not included is:

Lana (just debuted as a wrestler over the summer)
Mike And Maria Kanellis (also just debuted over the summer)
Shelton Benjamin (just returned within the last month or so)
James Ellsworth (barely wrestles anyway, more of a valet in his current role)
Singh Brothers (see Ellsworth)

So who/what could possibly be the big additions for next year's game? I guess there's Adam Cole and Fish/O'Reilly on the NXT side and the U.K. Division guys, but who beyond that? The Street Profits? Heavy Machinery?

I'm Cherokee Jack!

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1806
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 9-27-2017 at 07:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yup, looks like it's the standard DLC rollout. I suppose I can justify the price when taking into consideration the 3 day early access to the game. If I were buying the deluxe on or after the wide release it might give me pause, though. But still, it's looking good; Roster is STACKED, CAW looks to have received a nice overhaul, and word is the Career mode is supposed to be more story driven and less grindy. Even if Switch support hindered any further innovation, it's nothing like the past few games and their support of last gen systems.

So long as they aren't planning on including any NBA 2K VC fuckery I'll be happy. Even if I am just primarily using it as a CAW Farm.

Edit: Also, aside from Lana most likely being in as a manager (why wouldn't she be?) I wouldn't be surprised to see Ellsworth available as one. Part of me is also kind of hoping they might have some secret unannounced folks we can unlock via Career/Universe modes. It's also not entirely out of the question for them to have moves, gear and other assorted CAW parts available to make guys like Dunne and Bate since getting them in officially might've been a little too tricky or some of the missing 205 Live guys or the gals from the Mae Young tourney. Last year had a shitload of moves in it from the Cruiserweight Classic, so who knows?

[Edited on 9/27/2017 by CM Crunk]

#MOOGA

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3648
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 9-28-2017 at 02:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I miss Hogan and Piper being in the games; I'd love to see them beef up the 80's era guys (maybe a Mr. T, Orndorff, and Cowboy Orton would be nice too) but really... that's almost like looking for a second cherry to put on top of a Sunday that already boasts so many good things... besides; the CAW suite was excellent last year with the ability to scan in faces and other photos... I downloaded some really great CM Punk's and other guys; and they kind of cheat in that they give you some pretty spot on parts for some of the guys listed above... although I still could never find a decent Hogan... the faces were right; but the moustache was always just off.

Anyway; can't wait... although I should, because this game is always one that drops by a crazy price around Thanksgiving.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 10-3-2017 at 08:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, under the radar but something that has needed to happen for years now, we're now to the point where we can have eight people in the ring at the same time. This is a pretty big step and a positive one at that. In fact, if I were to think of a change that could push me towards 2K19, that would be it, but, again, they're just stacking 2K18 with lots of good.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1806
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 10-11-2017 at 08:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I see folks who pre-ordered the Deluxe or Cena 'Nuff edition on BestBuy.com are recieving their hardcopies in the mail today, meanwhile the deluxe pre-order has yet to pre-download on my PS4. This is my first time doing a digital preorder, and it says the pre-download is available on 10/11 but nothings hapoened yet. Am I just getting antsy for no reason?

#MOOGA

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 10-11-2017 at 09:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Officially, the Deluxe early releases are supposed to occur on the 13th. Unofficially, Amazon and Best Buy are notorious for shipping out preordered items early, and since UPS doesn't really have a "Hold Until" option, they just ship them out whenever. So if you preordered online and had it shipped to your residence, chances are pretty good that you'll get it at least a day early, possibly two days if UPS is solely responsible for the shipment (mine is set to arrive tomorrow because Best Buy uses UPS Mail, which means that if UPS doesn't already have a scheduled delivery in your area the day it arrives at the UPS plant closest to you, they hand it off to the post office to deliver it the next day). I've heard Amazon is even a bit quicker since they have their own shipping plants, so getting an item three-four days before release isn't unheard of.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1806
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 10-12-2017 at 05:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The pre-download started up at 9pm here in California time, so I can rest a little easier and be ready to play at 9pm tomorrow night. Curious to know if anybody else is going to be getting into the CAW aspect of the game? Since that's my bread and butter I've been working on assets in my spare time to use, but if anyone wants to make any requests for some logos or designs, I might be able to comply and post 'em here.

#MOOGA

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3648
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-13-2017 at 08:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I got the deluxe DLC, meaning the game became available at midnight... it's taking a while to download (about 44GB... which is oddly smaller I do believe than last years by like 10GB)... I'm only about 15% downloaded thus far, but it has opened up like a beta-test limited version of the game for me basically consisting of a singles matches only, and with only about 7 guys (Styles, Roode, Neville, Orton, and the 3 Shield members).

Few first, albeit limited, impressions...

*Graphics are a bit better... I'd read that they were going to bump this up and they did; it's not like night and day better than last years, but the wrestlers do "pop" a bit, glisten a bit more, and overall the colours look a bit more vibrant... except black... almost a dull muted colour (like the colour black... not doing a good job of explaining what I mean... but it's like Roman's ring attired looks very washed out).

*Digging the soundtrack... they seemed to have ditched the hip-hop crap for a more classic rock sound... albeit one that seems to be covers of the original songs... I've only heard 3 of them so far and they are pretty good.

*Commentary hasn't been downloaded yet, so can't comment on the commentary.

*Can only play the Raw ring set thus far, but it's current... ie no announce tables at ring side, and a little pocket booth for Jojo and the timekeeper.

*Seth uses his new finisher; can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but it's that pulling knee strike one that transitions into a pin.

*Played as Reigns, and I shit you not he's booed the entire time with only the odd cheer... like 90/10 split. I was fighting Rode.

*From what I've seen online (and by the 7 available talent thus far) surprise surprise, Reigns is the highest ranked wrestler at 95... looks like Lesnar comes in at #2 at 93 (he's also available... I missed him).

I'll try to remember to post more as more of the game gets unlocked... thus far I'd give it like half a letter grade better than last years just from the presentation and soundtrack... nothing revolutionary, but again... haven't played all the features yet.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 10-13-2017 at 12:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The commentary isnít great. Or good. Like, I did an 8 man battle royal and Michael Cole talked about an ad for ďThe TruthĒ (the anti-tobacco one) for every single guy except Samoa Joe. And of the other three matches I did, Corey said the same joke about this match being great if it werenít for Braxton being there. Also they managed to give Rick Rude a generic theme, though they did get the Modelís right.

But 8 man matches actually play well and the game is fairly solid thus far.

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3648
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-15-2017 at 01:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Boy you weren't kidding... I did an 8 man custom survivor series match and for every "hot tag" I did the announce team commented about how I missed the tag. I also had a guy from my team get eliminated and he just laid there in the ring for over a minute while the rest of the match went on... he then proceeded to walk through the ring ropes and hover above the ground for a few steps before the game fixed itself... also through the whole match there were constant lags... not so much in the gameplay, but like the camera was just off by a fraction of a second.

They'll definitely need to do a patch, as I've done a few singles matches and they've been a bit off... nowhere near as much as the above, but just a bit with commentary being behind, and frame rate lags.

I'm still playing around with the custom matches feature, but for something they kind of boasted as a selling point it's really just the old match edit feature where you can turn on knockouts, eliminations, and 2/3 falls... I was kind of hoping for a chance to make some 3 stages of hell type matches, but no dice.

Also, maybe it doesn't become available until the 17th when the regular release date kicks in, but none of the DLC stuff is available to me yet... no Kurt Angle, no accelerator, none of the Cena 'nuff stuff.

Roster is damned impressive though.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 10-15-2017 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can get the pre-order Deluxe DLC now, you just have to find and manually download each one from either the X-Box or Playstation store (from what I remember, that was the Kickstarter, the Accelerator, the Deluxe Content pack, and the Angle pack). And yeah, they really need a patch soon for a lot of the small, stupid things. Like making it so that every entrance on a Smackdown isn't an advertisement for the Truth (seriously, I thought it was a one-off thing for my eight man match, but I've had maybe one of thirty entrances not have Cole hype their website). Or fixing those stupid "missed the tag" bits you mentioned.

This game has some promise, but I'm not holding out hope some things that need fixing get fixed, because right now there are technical issues with this game that I could see them fixing if only to justify people buying 2K19.

I also had to stop playing for a bit out of anger since they introduced a new, kind of unwanted feature into Universe mode where, if you press the start button, it automatically simulates your entire card and immediately saves.

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3648
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-15-2017 at 04:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah cool... I hadn't realized you had to go through the normal Xbox store to get the DLC stuff; I was looking in the in game store.
cardscott5
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1218
Registered 6-28-2007
Location wherever god takes me

Mood:

posted on 10-15-2017 at 04:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I haven't messed around with it too too much, but the game does seem to play a lot smoother, albeit with lags in some of the bigger matches. Rumbles go so much faster now that 8 people can be in the ring. Also like how you can just get randomly eliminated from the rumble, which feels more right.

The graphics are a ton better. All of the women look like actual people instead of whatever they were last year. It's good to see some new entrances, although the New Day is stuck with their way beyond out of date 2 man entrance.

I think Andre the Giant looks good and realistic in the game for almost the first time ever

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3648
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-15-2017 at 06:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So... don't take Kassius Ohno's shirt... just don't do it.

Not a fan of his ring attire and I thought I would give him some new duds... man, what a mess they did of him with no shirt on... like 55 year old man boob sag, with a six pack and love handles....

CamstunPWG187
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1779
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 10-16-2017 at 12:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1448513

This game is a mess.

Thatís what happens when you donít change the foundation for 14 years and continue to build it around a wonkier and wonkier physics engine.

This is gonna be salty as shit, but really, whoever buys this piece of shit is just contributing to it, and fuck you for supporting Yukeís lack of motivation to ever change the core engine.

Did that sound bad? Because fuck this game.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 1821
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 10-16-2017 at 07:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1448513

This game is a mess.

Thatís what happens when you donít change the foundation for 14 years and continue to build it around a wonkier and wonkier physics engine.

This is gonna be salty as shit, but really, whoever buys this piece of shit is just contributing to it, and fuck you for supporting Yukeís lack of motivation to ever change the core engine.

Did that sound bad? Because fuck this game.

Disagree. Iím one of those assholes who buys damn near every major game that comes out. They all are written with shit code and have tons of glitches. In an all day session yesterday I had exactly one glitch (my toon got stuck in a wall).

I know weíre in our wrestling centric echo chamber here but 2kís NBA title has infinitely more glitches. One of them literally stole $50 in virtual currency from me. Similarly every title EA puts out is a shit show, and then itís the same thing with Bethesda, Blizzard and the rest.

All things considered this has been the smoothest launch Iíve seen this year.

So yeah, itís great to be on our high horse but this isnít a WWE issue. Itís an every game issue and so many people only play one or two games a year that few understand how prevalent it is.

Braun Strowman guy.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 1821
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 10-16-2017 at 07:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just watched the glitch video. A few things ...

1 - Yes there are glitches.
2 - No, there are not more glitches than other games.

I mean seriously. Google ANY game message board. People say the same shit.

Fuck, I almost forgot. Gamertag is THEDKEXPERIENCE on XBox.

[Edited on 10-16-2017 by DKBroiler]

Braun Strowman guy.

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3648
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-17-2017 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Eh, the game doesn't launch wide until tomorrow; I would imagine once they have a fuller range of the problems when everything is at fuller capacity they'll do a patch... I think I noticed something online about their servers being down last night for some maintenance, so it looks like they are already working on some stuff.
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top