The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WWE 2K18
nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 7-30-2017 at 09:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WWE 2K18

It's getting close to that time where WWE and 2K team up to pop out another WWE game. Here's what we know so far:

1) Seth Rollins is on the cover
2) ....ehh

So right now there's really not a whole lot out there. What makes this addition must-own? What are we looking at, roster-wise? Well, right now all we have is the rumors (and IGN kinda, which is the same exact thing until they start doing roster reveals). Right now, the two big things being thrown out there are that the on-board roster is 180-200 (as usual, this is likely different era versions of guys being counted) and, finally since we've been on next-gen forever now, 8 players on the screen at the same time (seriously, we've been on six for over 10 years, if it's only a rumor, it needs to stop being one).

As far as announced rosters, it's the usual suspects: Cena and Orton are confirmed, as are Triple H, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Kurt Angle (both his regular form and WWECW Kurt), and non-roster guys Batista and RVD.

And on the versions out there, you get three choices (two if you go digital). The regular version includes the regular game and releases mid-October. The Deluxe Version, which includes the Season Pass, releases 4 days early, which is new and an incentive only if you need a game fix. The over-priced Collector's Edition pays homage to 15 years of John Cena, gives you a statue of him, and a signed piece of the Royal Rumble ring apron.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6559
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 8-3-2017 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I haven't played a WWE game since Day of Reckoning 2 on the Gamecube (anybody remember that one?), but have been thinking about picking up WWE 2K18 ever since it was announced for the Switch. After so long, I think it would be fun to dive back into a WWE game, though I'm not sure that I'd want to spend the full $60 on it. So I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point, but probably not until the price has come down a little bit.
Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1524
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 8-4-2017 at 01:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you can wait a month it always pops up in Black Friday sales for $30-40.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

CamstunPWG187
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1780
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 8-4-2017 at 03:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Day of Reckoning 2 was the last great WWE game.

That was 12 years ago.

I hate Yukes.

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-4-2017 at 08:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
2K has had info on a very slow drip, but the first screenshots look graphically impressive. Here's what we know so far about the roster and I'll update as more are confirmed:

- Batista (DLC, early access with purchase of Deluxe Edition)
- John Cena
- Kurt Angle (pre-order bonus, will be available later as DLC)
- Rob Van Dam (DLC, early access with purchase of Deluxe Edition)
- Seth Rollins

There's also a 2006 One Night Stand alt attire for Cena available with the Deluxe Edition. Hopefully we'll start getting more details on the roster later this month. I wanna know if Papa Shango is in again.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1806
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 8-5-2017 at 01:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
2K's hype model for releasing these games drives me insane. It may have even started back in the dying days of THQ, but I remember when the Smackdown series was sold on gameplay info and footage. One of my favorite things in the lead up to each release was watching the daily entrance videos they'd post on IGN. Those were the good ol' days when the games would normally see marked improvements from their previous installments. Now we get an artsy fartsy commercial, normally a legend like Sting, Angle or Goldberg($$$DLC$$$), some brief dev videos and a handful of still images that normally don't 100% reflect the final build.

I am cautiously optimistic about this years entry since they finally ditched the last gen versions and have hopefully spent their freed up time and resources on making the current gen release the best it can possibly be. If they can deliver on their promises of a more involved and interesting story mode I'll be a happy camper. Oh, and as much as I love the CAW suite as it is right now, I could always go for more improvements since I spent probably 75% of my time playing the game just getting all zen and making a custom roster thats grown and grown since WWF No Mercy 64.

#MOOGA

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3650
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-8-2017 at 04:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd like to see the return of a be a GM or story builder mode again; but after having bought 2k16 and barely played it I've gotten a lot of use out of 2k17. The ability to upload faces has made the creation suite pretty cool... I can't build worth shit, but have download a number of really good community creations.

A return of the match editing would be nice; like on older versions you could make a fatal four way into an elimination match instead of the sudden death version that the WWE favours.

Small quibble, but it's been a bizarre thing they've done for a few years now... if you are going to go to the trouble of putting detailed managers in the game, make them completely playable.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-14-2017 at 09:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Update 8/14/17: character models for Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton were shown during a developers' video, and boy does the overhauled graphics engine for this game look good. Even if no other functional aspect of the gameplay improves, it's going to be a pretty game.

No official word yet on a full roster reveal but speculation is we'll get more over the SummerSlam weekend festivites.

- Batista (DLC, early access with purchase of Deluxe Edition)
- Brock Lesnar
- John Cena
- Kurt Angle (pre-order bonus, will be available later as DLC)
- Randy Orton
- Rob Van Dam (DLC, early access with purchase of Deluxe Edition)
- Seth Rollins

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-16-2017 at 09:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Huge update today as IGN revealed the first part of their roster reveal. I'm assuming this is just one part of a three or maybe four parter, this was quite the dump of names. New names will be bolded.

Akira Tozawa
Alexander Wolfe
Alundra Blayze
Andre the Giant
Bam Bam Bigelow
Baron Corbin
Batista (DLC, early access with purchase of Deluxe Edition)
Big Bossman
Big Show
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brie Bella
British Bulldog
Brock Lesnar
Buddy Roberts
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Cesaro
DDP
Dean Ambrose
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Dolph Ziggler
Dusty Rhodes
Emma
Erick Rowan
Eric Young
Goldust
Hideo Itami
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Karl Anderson
Killian Dain
Konnor
Kurt Angle (pre-order bonus, available later as DLC)
Lita
Luke Gallows
Luke Harper
Mark Henry
Nikki Bella
Nikki Cross
Paige
Randy Orton
Rob Van Dam (DLC, early access with purchase of Deluxe Edition)
Sami Zayn
Sawyer Fulton
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Summer Rae
Undertaker
Viktor

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that a)they shot their load by announcing all of SAnitY in week one and b) everyone from SAnitY, including Sawyer Fulton who has been off TV injured so long I kind of forgot he even existed, was included. IGN has videos of a few entrances up that I'm not bothering to post here. More to come next week.

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1524
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 8-17-2017 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The most interesting name on that list to me is Tozawa.

Obviously it makes sense to announce him now given his title win and all, but I feel like I've read/heard that the general cutoff for roster inclusions (DLC aside) is around Wrestlemania, and at that point this year Tozawa wasn't really a featured player at all. He had just debuted on TV in February and didn't get involved with Neville till the summer.

I figured the cruiserweights would have some presence, but kinda had a feeling that it might only end up being like, Neville, Kendrick and one or two others. Unless the cutoff has changed, this might suggest that there will be a considerable CW representation.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 8-17-2017 at 03:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I figure that the cruisers will just be Neville, Gallagher, Kendrick, TJ Perkins since he won the title first, Tozawa, and probably Austin Aries as your "guy who doesn't work here anymore". They'll have a presence, but probably on enough of one to justify them adding the title to the game. My big worry is that the DLC packs this year will be everyone else on the cruiser roster mixed with legends. Though, if they do what it sounds like they're going to do, maybe that isn't the worst thing.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-17-2017 at 08:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
My big worry is that the DLC packs this year will be everyone else on the cruiser roster mixed with legends. Though, if they do what it sounds like they're going to do, maybe that isn't the worst thing.

There are rumors that the future stars DLC pack is going to be Tyler Bate, Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, and some cruisers that get left off the disc.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-23-2017 at 09:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pretty underwhelming reveal from IGN this week; lots of gimmes and recycled legends from last year with no real surprises except for Bobby Roode and Ember Moon, who weren't exactly longshots to be in the game anyway. This week's reveals are bolded.

AJ Styles
Akira Tozawa
Alexander Wolfe
Alundra Blayze
Andre the Giant
Bam Bam Bigelow
Baron Corbin
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Big Bossman
Big Show
Bobby Roode
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brie Bella
British Bulldog
Brock Lesnar
Brutus Beefcake
Buddy Roberts
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Cesaro
Daniel Bryan
DDP
Dean Ambrose
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Dolph Ziggler
Dusty Rhodes
Earthquake
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Ember Moon
Emma
Erick Rowan
Eric Young
Godfather
Goldberg
Goldust
Greg Valentine
Hideo Itami
Ivory
Jey Uso
Jim Neidhart
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Karl Anderson
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Killian Dain
Konnor
Larry Zybszko
Lita
Luke Gallows
Luke Harper
Mark Henry
Maryse
Miz
Mojo Rawley
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Nikki Cross
Paige
Randy Orton
Rock
Roman Reigns
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks
Sawyer Fulton
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura
Sin Cara
Summer Rae
Tamina
Triple H
Undertaker
Viktor
Zack Ryder

So there ya go. From here it's pretty easy to stitch together the remainders of the current roster who will be announced over the next two weeks, but I wish we were getting more of an idea of which legends and NXT talent to expect to be included. I'm guessing IGN played it cool today given that Gamescom is going on and they figured this was going to mostly fly under the radar.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6559
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 8-24-2017 at 08:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Since I've been out of the loop with WWE games for the past 10+ years (and have never played any of the WWE 2K games), how does the game work if I want to play the storyline mode as, say, Brutus Beefcake? Does it just plop Beefcake into modern day WWE and I play through the game as him? Or are all the older guys only available to use in multiplayer mode and not in the main game?

And speaking of the roster, it's kind of mind-boggling to me how many guys they're now able to squeeze into a WWE game. I think all of the N64/Gamecube WWE games that I played in my late teens and early 20's had like what, 30 or so wrestlers max?

CamstunPWG187
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1780
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-25-2017 at 04:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
More than that, bro. Attitude, No Mercy, Revenge....Those games had big time rosters.
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6559
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 8-27-2017 at 10:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
More than that, bro. Attitude, No Mercy, Revenge....Those games had big time rosters.

Yeah, you're right. Upon doing some online research, the N64/Gaemcube games definitely had bigger rosters than I remember. I guess the inclusion of all the former/retired wrestlers in the WWE 2K games is what makes the roster seem so much bigger to me than the older games.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-28-2017 at 08:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
Since I've been out of the loop with WWE games for the past 10+ years (and have never played any of the WWE 2K games), how does the game work if I want to play the storyline mode as, say, Brutus Beefcake? Does it just plop Beefcake into modern day WWE and I play through the game as him? Or are all the older guys only available to use in multiplayer mode and not in the main game?

There's really not a storyline mode, per se, in the game anymore. There IS a "My Career" option but that has you creating your own character and using him throughout.

But the big draw now is Universe Mode, which is a huge expansion of the GM Mode concept from a decade or so ago. You basically get to completely customize shows, rosters, calendar, tag teams and stables, titles, etc., and then play through the matches you book as you see fit, or sim them, whatever.

Oh, and this year they've finally got to where they can have eight guys in the ring at a time as opposed to the six at a time they've had for decades now, which is going to make Rumbles more chaotic and Survivor Series matches a lot more realistic.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 8-30-2017 at 02:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'll leave the update to Chris, but between Roderick Strong, TM-61, and #DIY making the cut to the friggin Model Rick Martel being in his first WWE game since the SNES, this is a day one buy for me. Seriously: how can you improve on this roster, especially since they still have one more chunk left to announce?

[Edited on 8-30-2017 by nOOb]

CamstunPWG187
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1780
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-30-2017 at 04:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
W....Wait....Strong is in it?

RODERICK STRONG IS IN A WWE GAME?!

Color me interested.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-30-2017 at 09:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
W....Wait....Strong is in it?

RODERICK STRONG IS IN A WWE GAME?!

Color me interested.

He is indeed.

Quite the update today. A bunch of pleasant surprises. Today's reveals are in bold.

AJ Styles
Akam
Akira Tozawa
Alexa Bliss
Alexander Wolfe
Alundra Blayze
Andre the Giant
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Bam Bam Bigelow
Baron Corbin
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Big Bossman
Big Cass
Big Show
Bobby Roode
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brie Bella
British Bulldog
Brock Lesnar
Brutus Beefcake
Buddy Roberts
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Carmella
Cedric Alexander
Cesaro
Chad Gable
Chris Jericho
Dana Brooke
Daniel Bryan
Dash Wilder
DDP
Dean Ambrose
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Dolph Ziggler
Dusty Rhodes
Earthquake
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Ember Moon
Emma
Erick Rowan
Eric Young
Finn Balor
Godfather
Goldberg
Goldust
Greg Valentine
Hideo Itami
Ivory
Jason Jordan
Jey Uso
Jim Neidhart
Jimmy Garvin
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Johnny Gargano
Kalisto
Kane
Karl Anderson
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Owens
Kevin Von Erich
Killian Dain
Konnor
Larry Zybszko
Lex Luger
Lita
Luke Gallows
Luke Harper
Mark Henry
Maryse
Michael P.S. Hayes
Mick Foley
Miss Jacqueline
Miz
Mojo Rawley
Mr. Perfect
Nia Jax
Naomi
Natalya
Neville
Nick Miller
Nikki Bella
Nikki Cross
Paige
Randy Orton
Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Rezar
Ric Flair
Rick Martel
Rick Rude
Ricky Steamboat
Rikishi
Rock
Roderick Strong
Roman Reigns
Rusev
Sami Zayn
Samoa Joe
Sasha Banks
Sawyer Fulton
Scott Dawson
Seth Rollins
Shane Thorne
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura
Sin Cara
Summer Rae
Tamina
TJP
Tommaso Ciampa
Triple H
Tye Dillinger
Undertaker
Vader
Viktor
Zack Ryder

So with virtually nothing but a hunch, I'm guessing that Drew McIntyre and Alestair Black end up being part of the Future Stars DLC along with Dunne and Bate (which makes total sense from a business perspective).

- There's still a few notable male members of the main roster missing. I'd bet the farm next week that the three New Day guys are confirmed, as well as Enzo, Heath Slater and Rhino, Primo and Epico, Breeze and Fandango, Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas, and the long anticipated video game debut of James Ellsworth. Unless I'm having a huge brain fart I can't think of anybody else who we see regularly who isn't confirmed here. I can't imagine it'll be a WWE game without some McMahons so I'm betting Vince and Shane are announced next week.

- On the female side, Charlotte is a lock and I'd be really surprised if Lana isn't playable this go-round. Alicia Fox will be in. Trish is a safe bet. Steph is probably a gimme. There are rumors that Peyton Royce and Billie Kaye were scanned but I'm on the bubble as to if they'd be on disc or DLC (I'm hoping they're on disc so we can maybe get Ruby Riot as DLC). Given her induction into this year's HoF, Beth Phoenix is likely for the HoF DLC pack down the road.

- As for the cruisers, I think Aries' release came late enough in the development cycle that he'll still be in the game. As former CW champs, I think Rich Swann and Brian Kendrick aren't risky bets. Outside of them I think Jack Gallagher and arguably Mustafi Ali are the only cruisers popular enough to really merit inclusion, and I don't have high hopes at all for Ali.

- Remaining NXT guys: Like I said, McIntyre and Black are my locks to be DLC. On disc I think we'll see No Way Jose, Andrade Almas, and Kassius Ohno along with Royce and Kaye. Is there anybody else from NXT both popular enough and has been around long enough to make the cut?

Which leaves us with the legends. I already mentioned Trish, and I think based on past games and common sense, Austin, HBK, Sting, and Warrior are all locks. I'd put money on Booker T, JBL, Arn Anderson, and Christian. From last year's game, Sid, Tatanka, Albert, and the New Age Outlaws already have existing models and would be easy to use again. I'm thinking surely we get one new or at least returning legend besides Rick Martel. X-Pac, Piper, Yokozuna? Maybe they totally blindside us with Hogan? I dunno. Predicting the legends is by far the hardest part outside of the really obvious missing four (Austin, Warrior, Sting, HBK).

So my official predictions for next week: Big E, Kofi, Woods, Shane O'Mac, Vince, Ellsworth, Rhyno, Slater, Axel, Dallas, Epico, Primo, Breeze, Fandango, Enzo, Charlotte, Alicia, Lana, Steph, Trish, Billie Kaye, Peyton Royce, Aries, Kendrick, Swann, No Way Jose, Andrade Almas, Kassius Ohno, Stone Cold, HBK, Sting, Warrior, JBL, Booker T, Arn Anderson, Christian, Sid, Tatanka, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn. That's 40, which leaves room for maybe 5 or so surprises.

ETA: I forgot about Jake the Snake being likely for the legends and Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, and the Hardyz on the main roster. So that seems like a pretty full reveal next week unless I really whiffed on who I think is getting in on the legends/NXT/cruisers side.

[Edited on 8-30-2017 by Chris Is Good517]

CamstunPWG187
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1780
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-31-2017 at 06:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yet for some reason Ohno isn't in it...lame
Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1524
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 8-31-2017 at 01:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
NXT side, I think you have it pretty well nailed. I have my doubts if Almas or Ohno make the cut on disc this time around, but I can't think of anyone else who would come ahead of them.

Cruisers, yeah I'd be surprised if Swann, Kendrick or Gallagher aren't on there, but I think that probably caps it. I don't see Ali making it, and if there ARE any more to be included, I almost feel like Drew Gulak might be next in line, as he's the only other CWC guy they've brought in that's had any kind of consistent spotlight or character development since 205 Live began.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1524
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 9-6-2017 at 02:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Final roster chunk announced

NXT: Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, No Way Jose, Kassius Ohno
Cruisers: Swann, Kendrick, Gallagher, Noam Dar, Gran Metallik

Not much in the way of surprises beyond that. The rest of the main roster, the usual legends that were in last year's game or are in most every year. Think the only real "debut" which isn't technically a debut is Rhyno's first game appearance in forever.

Shockingly the Hardys are not on there, but I have to assume they'll be at the top of the list for DLC.

[Edited on 9-6-2017 by Cherokee Jack]

I'm Cherokee Jack!

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 9-6-2017 at 09:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The final reveal today. Everybody listed is the on-disc roster. DLC is still to be announced (I'd guess within the next 2-3 weeks, probably closer to the 2 side).

Aiden English
AJ Styles
Akam
Akira Tozawa
Alexa Bliss
Alexander Wolfe
Alicia Fox
Alundra Blayze
Andre the Giant
Apollo Crews
Asuka
Bam Bam Bigelow
Baron Corbin
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Big Bossman
Big Cass
Big E
Big Show
Billie Kaye
Bo Dallas
Bobby Roode
Booker T
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Bret Hart
Brie Bella
British Bulldog
Brock Lesnar
Brutus Beefcake
Buddy Roberts
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Carmella
Cedric Alexander
Cesaro
Chad Gable
Charlotte Flair
Chris Jericho
Christian
Curt Hawkins
Curtis Axel
Dana Brooke
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
Dash Wilder
DDP
Dean Ambrose
Diesel/Kevin Nash
Dolph Ziggler
Dusty Rhodes
Earthquake
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Ember Moon
Emma
Enzo Amore
Epico Colon
Erick Rowan
Eric Young
Fandango
Finn Balor
Godfather
Goldberg
Goldust
Gran Metalik
Greg Valentine
Heath Slater
Hideo Itami
Ivory
Jack Gallagher
Jake "the Snake" Roberts
Jason Jordan
JBL
Jey Uso
Jim Neidhart
Jimmy Garvin
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Johnny Gargano
Kalisto
Kane
Karl Anderson
Kassius Ohno
Kerry Von Erich
Kevin Owens
Kevin Von Erich
Killian Dain
Kofi Kingston
Konnor
Larry Zybszko
Lex Luger
Lita
Luke Gallows
Luke Harper
Mark Henry
Maryse
Michael P.S. Hayes
Mick Foley
Miss Jacqueline
Miz
Mojo Rawley
Mr. Perfect
Naomi
Natalya
Neville
Nia Jax
Nick Miller
Nikki Bella
Nikki Cross
No Way Jose
Noam Dar
Paige
Peyton Royce
Primo Colon
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Rezar
Rhyno
Ric Flair
Rich Swann
Rick Martel
Rick Rude
Ricky Steamboat
Rikishi
Rock
Roderick Strong
Roman Reigns
Rusev
Sami Zayn
Samoa Joe
Sasha Banks
Sawyer Fulton
Scott Dawson
Seth Rollins
Shane McMahon
Shane Thorne
Shawn Michaels
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura
Sin Cara
Stephanie McMahon
Sting
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Summer Rae
Sycho Sid
Tamina
Tatanka
Tatsumi Fujinami
The Brian Kendrick
Titus O'Neil
TJP
Tommaso Ciampa
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Tye Dillinger
Tyler Breeze
Typhoon
Tyson Kidd
Ultimate Warrior
Undertaker
Vader
Viktor
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder

So that's the full disc line-up. I wish I was surprised by the Hardyz not making the cut, but like Jack mentioned above, they're a bona fide DLC sales driver, so I'm not that worried about them. What did surprise me some was the exclusion of Lana and James Ellsworth (although both may be on disc as managers; and if not are likely candidates for DLC). Getting Tyson Kidd was a nice surprise, and I'm not necessarily mad at Gran Metalik making the cut as much as I am confused; I'd think Mustafa Ali, Tony Nese, or Drew Gulak would all have a better claim for a spot.

Pretty disappointed that Aries was cut unless he's on disc and they just opted not to announce him out of spite; CM Punk was in 2K15 even though he left the company 10 months prior to its release and Aries only left in July, but I don't know how far along they've come with the ability to add/remove people expediently over the last three years.

A few of the legends inclusions are baffling. Like who the fuck keeps asking for Tatsumi Fujinami? Why cut Brian Pillman and keep him? Why not rebuild some burned bridges so we can get the Road Warriors or the Steiners instead of bringing back the Bushwackers and the Natural Disasters AGAIN? But I'm really nitpicking here because there was a time when we only got 4-6 legends per game, so I really shouldn't get too indignant about it.

Anyway, predictions for DLC because why not:

Cruiserweight pack: Mustafa Ali, Drew Gulak, Tony Nese, Lince Dorado, Ariya Davari
NXT/Future Stars pack: Alestair Black, Drew McIntyre, Andrade "Cien" Almas, Ruby Riot, Tyler Bate, Pete Dunne
Legends/HoF pack: the Hardyz, Ted DiBiase, Beth Phoenix, Rock n' Roll Express

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6927
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 9-6-2017 at 09:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree on Fujinami. Not just that most regular players have no idea who he is, but they put zero effort into him. Hell, the photo of him is just a picture of the player model. I'd rather have kept Arn Anderson or Brian Pillman in instead. Or got Stan Hansen or Terry Gordy. But there's more positives than negatives with this roster (hell, lack of Pillman and Arn are my only gripes). If Alestair Black and Andrade make the DLC cut, I think this might be the perfect roster. I'd totally understand if WWE and 2K held back on a lot of good DLC names because, honestly, I can't think of anyone on the indy scene or NXT or anything like that that could be added to this roster and make 2K19 a "must buy" (unless they completely redo the framework of the game to allow for 8 players on the screen).

I'm also pleased 2K kept DDP and Rick Rude in the game. It would have been really easy for them to keep them out only to put them in a Hall of Fame pack and they didn't. Now they can throw the Rock and Roll Express and Beth Phoenix in another pack (or, something that might get people excited, they could do another HoF Story Pack and maybe on top of the Rock and Roll Express, we get the Midnight Express, too).

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top