The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RIP Chester Bennington
SaiyaJinDX
And I am AWESOME

Posts 226
Registered 11-13-2005

Mood: Chillin

posted on 7-20-2017 at 08:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RIP Chester Bennington

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

As I posted on my FB page: Wow... this is devastating. Linkin Park was one of my favorite bands throughout college (and beyond). I've seen them in concert many times and their music really spoke to lots of people on a deep level. I almost was going to buy tix to their show at Citifield next week...

Unfortunately, with all that said, this doesn't come as too much of a surprise to me. The lyrics and the PASSION with which he sang his music belayed a deep pain within. That is one of the main things that connected him and Linkin Park's music to so many people. We've all been there. We've all had that deep pain, that insightfulness, that hope, that anger, etc. He spoke to many in our generation. That's why we were drawn to them. But sadly, that pain seems to have never subsided for him and ultimately led him to take his life. RIP Chester.

denverpunk
The Rowdy One

Posts 2606
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 7-20-2017 at 09:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well spoken. I can't say I was ever a fan of Linkin Park, but it's so sad to see talented artists struggle and succumb to depression and mental illness. I've read that Bennington took Chris Cornell's suicide really hard, and that he's struggled with addiction for years.

This hits me especially hard as a friend and colleague of mine killed himself last month. All I can say to anyone on this board who feels these urges is to please get help and talk to someone. The world is better with you in it.

[Edited on 7-20-2017 by denverpunk]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top