The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (July 11, 2017)
OORick
If There Was Ever a Time

Posts 3757
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: The Time is Right

posted on 7-11-2017 at 11:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (July 11, 2017)

Tonight on SmackDown: the stretch run for the Battleground PPV begins... with just 12 days to go until that show, the entire card is essentially known, but the precise parameters are subject to change....

Case in point, tonight's biggest and most intriguing stuff should revolve around AJ Styles surprise house show win over Kevin Owens, this past weekend... the two wrestled on a RAW-branded show at MSG, and Styles is now the US Champion...

In post-match interviews, Styles suggested that he wanted to collude with GM Daniel Bryan to make it every bit as much of a PITA for Owens to earn his rematch, as Owens made it for Styles.... but realistically, the already-known Styles/Owens match is probably still on for the PPV, just with a few minor tweaks....

The tag title picture is also simmering quite nicely, with the Usos and the New Day playing their characters to the hilt, for maximum heat and chemistry.... when you can pull off a "Rap Battle" and have it not suck (as they did last week), that means you're doing something right...

Naomi's got a clean slate in the Women's Division.... she's the champ, and Carmella is the holder of the MitB Contract, but there's no clear cut #1 Contender to put out there as a non-cashi-in opponent, right now... Carmella's side story right now probably precludes her from cashign in in the short term (Ellsworth is suspended for 30 days, for being an obnoxious load; he'll be a source of comedy these next few weeks, not a source of effectively helping Carmella win a title).... another side story: Tamina calling dibs on Lana, or whatever the hell that was....

In terms of non-title PPV issues, SD's got two big ones: (1) John Cena returned to TV last week, and was followed moments later by Rusev.... now, they are set for a match at Battleground... local advertising for tonight's TV tapings are promising a Cena/Styles vs. Rusev/Owens main event, so MAYBE that's something to look forward to.... but more likely, WWE does not want to give away any Cena matches for free until after that PPV, so it might just be a dark match for the live fans.... and (2) Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Baron Corbin, in a good old fashioned grudge match, stemming from the finish to the MitB Ladder Match...

A few other lesser issues: it does look like the Hype Bros are destined to break up sooner than later (Mojo even seemed ready to do it peacefully and amicably, to Zack's face, last week, but my guess is when it does finally happen, it'll be a lot more explosive; and I'm not entirely sold that Mojo will be the heel).... Mike & Maria's act is already stale, but Mike will get a chance to re-win-over fans with his first in-ring efforts, which are clearly gonna come against Sami Zayn (based on Zayn's accidental interruptions of their PDA); if you can't have a great match with Zayn, you're in trouble...

Oh, and there's also the current battle over the WWE Title, between that one guy who is, like, and evil foreigner from 1987, and if that presses your buttons, maybe you care, but otherwise *zzzzzzzzzzz*, against that one other guy who isn't very bright, so it's very hard for him to use his words to make you care about anything you're not already sold on... luckily, I think one of those guys is in Singapore doing a movie (not the foreigner, the other one), and won't even be at TV this week, so we should be able to put the WWE Title right where it belong:

In the far background.... ahem.

That is all. End communication....

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
LoveMuscle
And I am AWESOME

Posts 220
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 7-12-2017 at 12:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You're a fool if you expect to see John Cena in a match on TV before Battleground.
LoveMuscle
And I am AWESOME

Posts 220
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 7-12-2017 at 01:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Huh, surprised me.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8060
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: ChinceMcMahon

posted on 7-12-2017 at 03:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Whoa. Everyone took the night off. Better do something to liven it up a bit.

Best I could do. I'm officially outta new ideas.

Oh my god, they've shot Cabbagehead!

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4345
Registered 1-28-2013

Mood: Cabbage Head

posted on 7-12-2017 at 05:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Soory I couldn't come to the the SD party. I was in Miami watching dudes whack dingers for the midseason batball champeenchip. Béisbol was berry berry good to some poor, destitute player 'cause they gave him a new Corvette so he didn't have to take a King County metro transit bus from his mansion to get to practice anymore. If you will it, it is no dream. #bless

Also, Cahmelluh. Man, I didn't know she was dating Alberto too.

Originally posted by DKBroiler
She looks so different when not in character as a jizz dartboard. What an amazing performer on so many levels.
Side note, anyone else think her finisher should be known as Paige’s Stuck Together?

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2512
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Biscuit butt

posted on 7-12-2017 at 12:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Recorded show.
Came to see if it was worth watching at regular speed or fast-fwd.
Saw lots of Cawmelluh.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 1827
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 7-12-2017 at 02:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Haven't watch SD yet but I'm going to Battleground and am quite happy with what they seem to be rolling out as they have covered a lot of the things I hate with bells and whistles.

I can't stand Orton but the best Orton is clusterfuck gimmick match Orton.

Getting two evil foreigner matches? Gold.

Style vs (hopefully he's not injured) Owens? Gold

New Day vs Usos is the best tag match you can have.

And we get an entrance from Shinsuke. Sounds like a fun 3 hours to me.

Braun Strowman guy.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6559
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-12-2017 at 08:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The lack of activity in the Smackdown thread this week can only mean one of two things: either we've gone in a time warp back to 2015 or Jinder Mahal as WWE champion has created a massive chain reaction of apathy and not giving a shit from the OO universe.
janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4345
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-12-2017 at 08:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I blame the lack of gifs and the Maharajaphobes infesting this site.

She looks so different when not in character as a jizz dartboard. What an amazing performer on so many levels.
Side note, anyone else think her finisher should be known as Paige’s Stuck Together?

GodEatGod
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1557
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 7-12-2017 at 08:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

I'm officially outta new ideas.

Oh, believe me, we can tell.

SD was fine, but it was kind of paint-by-numbers and nothing really happened of note. But nothing really sucked either.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3770
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 7-12-2017 at 08:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
quote:

SHOTS FIRED! CONTACT FRONT! FIND COVER!

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."
--- Stephen Miller, Trump senior White House advisor, Feb. 12, 2017

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4345
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-12-2017 at 09:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
quote:

SHOTS FIRED! CONTACT FRONT! FIND COVER!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8060
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: ChinceMcMahon

posted on 7-12-2017 at 09:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Covfefe is Arabic for catamite.

Oh my god, they've shot Cabbagehead!

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 1827
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 7-12-2017 at 10:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
The lack of activity in the Smackdown thread this week can only mean one of two things: either we've gone in a time warp back to 2015 or Jinder Mahal as WWE champion has created a massive chain reaction of apathy and not giving a shit from the OO universe.

Nah ... I like Jinder.

What I don't like is having to watch 5 to 8 hours of WWE a week to keep track of the conversation here.

Braun Strowman guy.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2512
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Biscuit butt

posted on 7-13-2017 at 06:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just got caught up in the Beisbol All-*s this week. I wanted to see if that mutant Judge kid could hit baseballs into Janerd's anus from 500' away, and the All-Star Game was kind of interesting to me because it was back to "nothing at stake", which meant the guys were likely to just have fun. One player took a selfie with the home plate umpire in the middle of the game (right before his at-bat, he whipped out a smartphone and said "Hey Ump-guy! Dude! Smile!" and got the catcher to take the picture), which struck me as gaht hilarious.

I wouldn't blame the quiet in here on any -one- thing. It is mid-July, after all. Stuffs be happenin for peepls.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top