The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Game of Thrones: The Penultimate (I used it right) Season (7)
nOOb
The Man

Posts 6930
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 6-6-2017 at 07:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Game of Thrones: The Penultimate (I used it right) Season (7)

Fresh off the newest trailer and the announcement that Season 8 is very possibly going to have a 2019 release date, we now have a month left until we can answer all our new and old questions! Will the Lanisters actually win? Will we get to see dragons vs. White Walkers? If the Unsullied can't beat the Sons of the Harpy, can they possibly beat an actual army? Will Bronn and Tyrion ever see each other again? Is Euron Greyjoy still a thing? Will Littlefinger ruin everything in the North? Are Yara Greyjoy and Ellaria Sand going to get it on? Can Lady Mormont save the day?

July can't happen fast enough.

[Edited on 6-6-2017 by nOOb]

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6588
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-7-2017 at 04:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I remember when it was announced that Season 7 would be premiering in July 2017 instead of April like all the preceding seasons, it seemed like eons away. And yet here we are, roughly 40 days from the premiere (though if we do have to wait until 2019 for the final season, that's gonna suck).

As for what will happen this season, I have no idea. If the endgame is in fact the White Walkers vs Westeros, then you kind of have to figure we don't get that this year. So I'm going to guess that Season 7 is mainly about Daenerys assuming control of Westeros as queen, possibly aligning with Jon Snow and company in the process. Maybe Cersei and/or Jaime die in the season finale?

Though the real question is will George R.R. Martin release The Winds of Winter before the series wraps?

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4396
Registered 1-28-2013

Mood: All die soon

posted on 6-21-2017 at 09:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Some piping hot n' fresh sauce right out of the oven for ye olde tyme nerds.

quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Essentially every post I made this year that ended up as Janerdís bio.

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7414
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 6-22-2017 at 12:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon

Though the real question is will George R.R. Martin release The Winds of Winter before the series wraps?

The latest rumor is no chance in hell.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6588
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-22-2017 at 12:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DevilSoprano
quote:
Originally posted by the goon

The latest rumor is no chance in hell.

Yeah, that wouldn't shock me at all at this point (and it's hard to believe that it's already been SIX FUCKING YEARS since A Dance With Dragons was released). And it's funny, because when last season came out, it seemed really weird and a little wrong that the show had surpassed the books. But now, it just feels normal and like the HBO series is Game Of Thrones, whereas the books are just kind of supplementary reading material that came out a long time ago.

Also, that new trailer is great. It looks like so much shit is going to happen this season that I don't know what's gonna be left for Season 8.

bigfatgoalie
The Man

Posts 6653
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 7-17-2017 at 04:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Episode one was good...a lot of cool little things happened ("The north remembers") and it set up a lot of things to come.

Happy to have the show back and glad there will be no off weeks. But man 7 episodes are gonna fly by.

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 805
Registered 5-13-2003
Location Saratoga Springs, NY
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 7-17-2017 at 05:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great opener, and I think things are going to start rolling rather quickly from here on out. The whole show has a "kicked into 5th gear" kind of endgame feel to it now.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8146
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: cole slaw all over!

posted on 7-17-2017 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kill them all, Arya. KILL. THEM. ALL.

Oh my god, they've shot Cabbagehead!

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3817
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 7-17-2017 at 07:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought the episode was a bit slow, but it worked in that it acted as a refresher for where the characters are since the last season, and it set up the inevitable shitstorm quite well. On its own, it wasn't terribly exciting, but it did its job.

"I almost hope he fucks off forever from OO now."

--Paddlefoot

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9317
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-19-2017 at 08:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I feel like I'd be remiss in not bringing up the gratuitous Ed Sheeran cameo and requisite "What the fuck?" I had heard that he'd be in an episode but figured it would more of a quick shot of him to where you'd just have time to say "Wait, was that Ed Sheeran?" instead of his face being front and center through an otherwise enjoyable scene!

Ed Sheeran aside, fun, if relatively quiet, episode. Although the opening scene did indeed kick much ass.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6588
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-24-2017 at 04:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was just starting to think "man, two episodes in and there's been zero action so far" when all hell broke loose in the last five minutes. I'm really digging Euron, even if he's not quite the same character he was in the books.

And I've enjoyed the first two episodes this season, but damn, they kind of need to pick up the pace here with only five episodes left (though I'm pretty faithful that will happen). We're definitely getting closer to full mark-out territory, with Jon going to meet Daenerys and Cersei preparing to defend King's Landing against a dragon attack.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

CVD39
Fella

Posts 313
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 7-24-2017 at 07:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hot Pie!
nOOb
The Man

Posts 6930
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 7-24-2017 at 02:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I rolled my eyes a bit at the fact people are pissed that's Euron's "gift" to Cersei isn't the return of Gendry, which makes zero sense, but rather Elaria Sand, who may not be a fleshed out character people care about, but did murder Cersei's daughter and makes total sense as a present to a person who likes to inflict long periods of revenge to those who wronged her.

Also, they have his woman now...it's time for Bronn to reappear and get back onto Tyrion's side.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9317
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-24-2017 at 06:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, I mean I knew Euron was on his way to do not-nice things to his niece and nephew but DAMN, that was an entrance. And I had a bad feeling that Reek was about to return the moment he confronted him while holding his sister hostage. I'm hoping he'll still get a heroic moment to make things right (and likely lose his life in the process).

I just love how this show is so fluid with its characters and their motivations like how Jamie has basically been a "good" guy the last few seasons but is now kinda back on the "bad" side in teaming with Cersei and helping her gather forces.

And DAMN they were pushing the envelope with that Grey Worm scene! How long until we get full penetration on this show (though that would need to come from someone other than Grey Worm )?

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6930
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 7-25-2017 at 03:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Theon dying the hero death is probably happening, but after thinking on it for a day, it may be a "death in vain", because Daenrys winning all of a sudden is not a sure thing. Of Euron's three hostages, we can all be certain Elyria Sand is going to get "death by Clegane" in her future. Yara is Theon's redemption-ish mission, but they also took the youngest Sand Snake (the naked one who has a thing for Bronn). If they avoid killing her off quick next episode, the Lannisters now have the heir to Dorne in their midst. They take her, marry her off to Bronn, and send them back to Dorne under the impression her mom is a hostage and the Lannisters essentially have Dorne, the parts of the Tyrell army that matter, and the only navy left, plus a ton of weapons designed to bring down dragons.

Arya may be the best hope if she doesn't keep going North.

[Edited on 7-25-2017 by nOOb]

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3817
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 7-26-2017 at 06:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's killing me that they are getting Sansa ready for a heel turn. Jon Snow leaves her in charge, but leaves Little Finger there with her so that he can whisper shit in her ears and get her to seize the throne while he's away.

--Paddlefoot

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6588
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-27-2017 at 12:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
It's killing me that they are getting Sansa ready for a heel turn. Jon Snow leaves her in charge, but leaves Little Finger there with her so that he can whisper shit in her ears and get her to seize the throne while he's away.

I'm not sure if we'll see Sansa go full-on villain, but I do agree that her being left alone with Littlefinger probably won't lead to good things. Will also be interesting to see how the Sansa/Littlefinger relationship gets thrown if Arya comes riding into Winterfell next week (not to mention that it would be so Game Of Thrones-y if Arya arrives right after Jon has left for Dragonstone and they miss each other by like a day).

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7414
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 7-28-2017 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If people don't think Sansa is having Littlefinger killed the moment it comes out he was the one who turned on Ned, which Arya knows, people have lost common sense. This entire "heel turn" is just going to backfire on Baelish when Arya slits his throat with the knife that was used in the assassination attempt on Bran that Littlefinger supplied.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8146
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 7-28-2017 at 04:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Either that or when they have the big confab at the Dragonpit with everyone of significance in attendance Sansa will drop the dime to Jaime and Cersei that Baelish was the one who had Joffrey killed and that Tyrion in innocent. Sansa owes Baelish a big hurt for pimping her out to Ramsey. If she's finally learned to be bad from the best (Cersei, Olenna, and Baelish himself) she's biding her time for that moment as opposed to the faster and easier way of letting Jon Snow kill Baelish and handing control of the Vale (and the protection of Robin the Idiot) over to Lord Royce and the other Arryn allies.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6930
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 7-28-2017 at 12:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
She could also just "let it slip" to Royce and the lords of the Vale that Baelish sold her to the Boltons. I'm sure Lord Royce wouldn't care too much for him both selling a young girl under his care to a psychopath AND almost getting him executed by Robyn because he insinuated Sansa was "captured" because he betrayed them. Gets rid of Littlefinger and possibly keeps the knights of the Vale.

bigfatgoalie
The Man

Posts 6653
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 7-31-2017 at 04:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So Jamie knows 100% now that Tyrion is innocent. Before the season people were speculating that Cersei's fear over the prophecy her brother would kill her were directed at the wrong brother.

I'm kinda thinking Jamie is going to kill her and himself.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6930
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 7-31-2017 at 03:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, you can tell that the wheels are starting to spin for Jamie. She's going to do something stupid, and, like you alluded to, Jamie's probably ending it. And, really, she has to do something stupid now for things not to work out for the Lannisters. They're actually winning now. Jamie "Robb Starking" the Unsullied so he could take out Highgarden was ingenious. Of course he'd probably be the only one who knew about his brother's secret prostitute smuggling tunnel. Tyrion probably drunkenly told him about it, knowing his luck. Now, the Greyjoys are all but done and Dorne is a non-issue thanks to Euron, the Unsullied are stuck at Casterly Rock, and Highgarden's gone, too. Daenerys has Doth'raki and three dragons available to her now to take King's Landing, and her opposition has both an effective navy and an army manned by Jamie, Bronn, who apparently understands big battle tactics and defensive strategies better than anyone figured a sell-sword would, and Randyl Tarley, who is the most capable military leader in Westeros.

Thinking about it, the only thing that costs them is that Cersei gets greedy and goes for the kill at Dragonstone. That, or somehow Jon and Tyrion find a way to sucker them over to starting a fight over at Eastwatch by the Sea and they wind up getting pulled into the real war.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6588
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-31-2017 at 10:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
I'm kinda thinking Jamie is going to kill her and himself.

I've thought something similar, but that they're going to kill each other. Like maybe Jaime stabs Cersei to prevent her from doing something truly heinous, but then she's able to stab him too with her last bit of strength. Either way, it would definitely be fitting for them to exit the world together.

quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
Yeah, you can tell that the wheels are starting to spin for Jamie. She's going to do something stupid, and, like you alluded to, Jamie's probably ending it. And, really, she has to do something stupid now for things not to work out for the Lannisters. They're actually winning now. Jamie "Robb Starking" the Unsullied so he could take out Highgarden was ingenious. Of course he'd probably be the only one who knew about his brother's secret prostitute smuggling tunnel. Tyrion probably drunkenly told him about it, knowing his luck. Now, the Greyjoys are all but done and Dorne is a non-issue thanks to Euron, the Unsullied are stuck at Casterly Rock, and Highgarden's gone, too. Daenerys has Doth'raki and three dragons available to her now to take King's Landing, and her opposition has both an effective navy and an army manned by Jamie, Bronn, who apparently understands big battle tactics and defensive strategies better than anyone figured a sell-sword would, and Randyl Tarley, who is the most capable military leader in Westeros.

Thinking about it, the only thing that costs them is that Cersei gets greedy and goes for the kill at Dragonstone. That, or somehow Jon and Tyrion find a way to sucker them over to starting a fight over at Eastwatch by the Sea and they wind up getting pulled into the real war.

What I think will be interesting is how irrelevant everything currently happening in Westeros will be when the White Walkers come storming down past the Wall. Like Jon Snow told Daenerys, she'll be ruling over a graveyard if they don't band together. So while it seems like Team Dany and Team Jon are going to be able to work together, I'm thinking they'll still be at war with the Lannisters when the White Walkers come barging in and start fucking everyone up indiscriminately.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8146
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 7-31-2017 at 11:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm going with the assumption that Jaime gets killed by the Walkers and is resurrected as a wight, and then he kills Cersei afterwards. As per the prophecy "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you", I take it that when Jaime dies it breaks Cersei for good as he is the only real constant stable anchor in her life, hence the specific part about the tears.

[Edited on 7/31/2017 by Paddlefoot]

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3817
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-2-2017 at 04:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There's a fan theory that Jaime is the Azor Ahai - the "Prince That Was Promised".

It's rather compelling.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/05/this-theory-on-how-game-of-thrones-ends-is-so-good.html

--Paddlefoot

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top