The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WWE Mae Young Classic
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 7996
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 6-17-2017 at 03:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know she's up there in years now, but I'd love to see LuFisto get a swan song of sorts in a WWE ring.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Dusseldorf, Germany

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 6-18-2017 at 02:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There's a rumour going around that WWE has approached Serena Deeb about coming out of retirement to compete in the tournament. Nothing is set in stone for her competing, but they're in talks, so something might come of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Is Good517
Is Cheerleader Melissa still active? It'd be nice to see her again. Maybe Blue Pants, too.

Cheerleader Melissa is still active, but I think there's little to no chance that she'll be in the Mae Young Classic. She competes in Lucha Underground as Mariposa. And while all of the Lucha Underground episodes were taped ages ago, I've heard that their contracts are structured such that they cannot work on television for another wrestling promotion based in America until after the season finale has aired. If that is true, then she wouldn't be able to compete in the Mae Young Classic.

"Love is making out with someone after you've blown a load on his/her face." - Dan Savage

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 10147
Registered 12-16-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: #BROKEN

posted on 6-22-2017 at 07:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/blanchard-gabert-laith-conti-devi-mae-young-classic?sf91036971=1

International powerhouses, Performance Center standouts and third-generation grappler named to Mae Young Classic

Third-generation wrestler Tessa Blanchard, hard-hitting veteran Abbey Laith, black-belt judoka Taynara Conti, international bruiser Jazzy Gabert and Great Khali protégé Kavita Devi are the latest additions to the Classic, which streams this summer, exclusively on WWE Network.

They will join Toni Storm, Princesa Sugehit, Lacey Evans and Sarah Logan, who were announced last week for the 32-woman tournament.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy

GodEatGod
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 6-22-2017 at 07:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matte
Great Khali protégé Kavita Devi

Being trained to wrestle by the Great Khali would consist of...what? I mean, does he teach her to stand and scream? Kiss old ladies? If she's capable of just running, she's already surpassed her teacher.

[Edited on 6-22-2017 by GodEatGod]

[Edited on 6-22-2017 by GodEatGod]

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 10147
Registered 12-16-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 6-26-2017 at 07:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/mae-young-classic-jim-ross-lita-wwe-network-august-28

Jim Ross and Lita to announce the Mae Young Classic, streaming exclusively on WWE Network starting Monday, Aug. 28

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 11939
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA
Member Is Online

Mood: Authoritized

posted on 6-26-2017 at 07:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm a-ok with this. I imagine Renee Young will be involved with this in a host/sidelines type role like Corey Graves was for the Cruiserweight Classic.

[Edited on 6-26-2017 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 10147
Registered 12-16-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 6-30-2017 at 07:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/kairi-sane-piper-niven-dakota-kai-bianca-belair-mae-young-classic?sf94284049=1

Sane, however, is not the only new blockbuster entrant confirmed for the Mae Young Classic. Joining her are two other international sensations, Dakota Kai of New Zealand and Piper Niven of Scotland, as well as NXT Superstar Bianca Belair, who won a Qualifying Match to earn her berth in the Mae Young Classic.

[Edited on 6-30-2017 by Matte]

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1358
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 7-5-2017 at 06:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kairi Sane is my pick to win the tournament, she is a huge pickup for the WWE

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 10147
Registered 12-16-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 7-12-2017 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All 32 women will be revealed on Thursday.

quote:
http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/watch-mae-young-classic-parade-of-champions-facebook-live-youtube

The WWE Universe can get its first look at the likes of Toni Storm, Princesa Sugehit, Jazzy Gabert, Rhea Ripley and all 32 Mae Young Classic competitors when they take part in the Mae Young Classic Parade of Champions. Watch this Thursday at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT at Facebook.com/WWE and on YouTube to see who will take part in this historic tournament!

royberto
Showstopper

Posts 708
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 7-13-2017 at 10:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matte
http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/mae-young-classic-jim-ross-lita-wwe-network-august-28

Jim Ross and Lita to announce the Mae Young Classic, streaming exclusively on WWE Network starting Monday, Aug. 28
You can add Madusa to the commentary desk:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0712/628052/wwe-hall-of-famer-joins-mae-young-classic-announce-team/

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 10147
Registered 12-16-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 7-13-2017 at 11:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And here's the full list:

Dakota Kai
Serena Deeb
Vanessa Borne
Xia Li
Rachel Evers
Sage Beckett
Kay Lee Ray
Tessa Blanchard
Toni Storm
Marti Belle
Lacey Evans
Santana Garrett
Nicole Savoy
Ayesha Raymond
Reina Gonzalez
Shayna Baszler
Piper Niven
Zeda
Rhea Ripley
Kavita Devi
Sarah Logan
Bianca Belair
Abbey Laith
Candice LeRae
Mia Yim
Miranda Salinas
Renee Michelle
Princesa Sugehit
Mercedes Martinez
Jazzy Gabert
Taynara Conti
Kairi Sane

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8044
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: ChinceMcMahon

posted on 7-14-2017 at 12:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To steal from Jesse Ventura at WM3 re: King Kong Bundy vs midgets, I wanna see Jazzy "Alpha Female" Gabert put the kibosh on superfan Izzy.

You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense, like that's the whole point, dude. And I'm just saying, you know, that's like an excuse for lazy storytelling. Just don't sell me shite and tell me it's gold, all right? I might be stoned, but I'm not high. You know what I mean?
- Cassidy from Preacher, commenting on The Big Lebowski and/or professional wrestling

royberto
Showstopper

Posts 708
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 7-14-2017 at 12:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
To steal from Jesse Ventura at WM3 re: King Kong Bundy vs midgets, I wanna see Jazzy "Alpha Female" Gabert put the kibosh on superfan Izzy.
Speaking of Izzy, WWE apparently moved her over to sit between Bayley and Carmella for one match.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8044
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 7-14-2017 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Give her a F5 if she starts crying again.

[Edited on 7/14/2017 by Paddlefoot]

You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense, like that's the whole point, dude. And I'm just saying, you know, that's like an excuse for lazy storytelling. Just don't sell me shite and tell me it's gold, all right? I might be stoned, but I'm not high. You know what I mean?
- Cassidy from Preacher, commenting on The Big Lebowski and/or professional wrestling

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7374
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 7-14-2017 at 01:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jim Ross is going to ruin this for me.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
royberto
Showstopper

Posts 708
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 7-14-2017 at 11:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Picture of Carmella, Izzy, and Bayley sitting together.

Behind them is The Rock's ex-wife and his daughter Simone. Rock's mom was also there.

[Edited on 7-14-2017 by royberto]

[Edited on 7-14-2017 by royberto]

SpiNNeR72
Showstopper

Posts 701
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 7-18-2017 at 07:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The introduction show was a nice touch, but an odd thing to do so far ahead of the tournament being aired.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8044
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 7-26-2017 at 10:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Someday I'm gonna marry that gal.

Count Zero
The Rowdy One

Posts 2507
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Joining NJPW

posted on 7-27-2017 at 02:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
People say "Legdrop of DOOM" with ironic/sarcastic tones when speaking of Hulk Hogan. That elbowdrop? Is legit "of DOOM". Holy bawls.
anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1358
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 7-29-2017 at 04:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To anyone who was wondering why people were freaking out over the rumor that Kairi wasn't gonna be able to use her elbow drop because it was "Bayley's move", that video shows why. Kairi is most known for her elbow drop, which as you can see, she makes it look like a legit finisher.

[Edited on 7-29-2017 by anglefan85]

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7374
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 8-28-2017 at 11:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One match in and JR/Lita are fucking horrendous.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3764
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 8-29-2017 at 12:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DevilSoprano
One match in and JR/Lita's fucking horrendous.

FTFY

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."
--- Stephen Miller, Trump senior White House advisor, Feb. 12, 2017

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7374
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 8-29-2017 at 10:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nope. JR too.
GodEatGod
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 8-29-2017 at 01:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
JR was JR - he had his moments, but stumbled sometimes. Lita was straight bad.

Definitely a mixed bag. Abby Laith definitely worked her way into my heart in that main event. She was a great feisty underdog to that monster German (and really, the German bodybuilder was named JAZZY?).

Shayna looked like a killer and certainly showed the most personality and that finish is vicious. Kind of weird having her be this psycho in the ring and then cut to her friends at ringside like YAYYYYYYY CLAP CLAP CLAP.

Serena's match was probably the weakest, her opponent was super green and it showed.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

BC
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1793
Registered 3-30-2002
Location in the bush

Mood: Blessed be

posted on 8-30-2017 at 03:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought Marti Belle was supposed to be good. She looked terrible. Evers is super green and looked 10x better
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top