The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  35    36    37    38    39    40  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Rumour Crap 2017: PT 2
CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3813
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 8-29-2017 at 12:58 PM Edit Post
The issue with Saturn was he beat up Mike Bell who despite being a jobber was respected and well-liked by everyone backstage - especially Vince. Saturn has said he was concussed and didn't know what he was doing, but Vince didn't buy it and was furious.

"I almost hope he fucks off forever from OO now."

--Paddlefoot

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-29-2017 at 09:49 PM Edit Post
Holly was by virtually every account a dick in general who took liberties whenever he thought he could get away with it though. I remember Mick Foley mentioning in his book that Holly hit harder in a worked match than most people did in a legit fight. When you listen to wrestlers from that time period on podcasts and they mention "oh yeah, I loved so-and-so, he was a great guy", you know who you NEVER hear them mention? Bob Holly.

Anyway:

- Samoa Joe injured his knee at a house show in Jonesboro, AR on Sunday night and is expected to possibly miss up to six weeks.

- Xavier Woods injured his knee at a house show in Texarkana, AR last night and I haven't heard a timetable yet for him.

If Arkansas is where wrestlers' knees come to die, Smackdown is in Little Rock tonight so I have hopes for Randy Orton.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 792
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 8-29-2017 at 11:51 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
Yeah, I felt a bit conflicted about including Saturn on that list as I knew he had said that he was pretty out on his feet at the time... but then I thought; he did mess up enough that the WWE did feel compelled to punish him, and said punishment amounted to Moppy... which just underscores the point that they largely don't do a whole lot.

I think Meanie just got the one chair shot on JBL- and even his win came via Batista interference... Now going back and watching the vid' it was a stiff chair shot even by that era's standards, but I'm thinking JBL bladed for the spot, so it probably looked worse than it was... in saying that; who knows, maybe his did bust him open hard way.

As for Holly; my bad, it was Dupree, not Grenier; in a nutshell Dupree had asked if he could use Holly's rental car; Holly said no problem. Problem was Dupree got a ticket and didn't tell Bob about it- fast forward a few months and Holly has his license suspended and a bench warrant issued over the fiasco causing him to have to miss a weekends worth of shows and pay for the flight to Spokane to clear up the ticket. Apparently Holly gave Dupree a few chances to apologize/own up to it and he kept dodging him on it, so Holly kinda jumped him in the ring... Vince fined Holly $10k for doing it in the ring, but Dupree eventually owned up to it afterwards.

Holly also separate from the Rumble chop fest with Purer stiffed him individually in the ring as Purer was running his mouth about beating Bob multiple times on the house show circuit. Given the whole going into business for himself bit with Angle it sounds like there wasn't any heat on him for the Puder bit as Puder was universally despised backstage.

With Saturn, I tend to believe him because I can't think of why he would lie, but he did put Bell at risk.

With JBL, when I watched the match, I noticed that JBL also worked very light on Meanie (compared to how he normally worked). Only the clothsline from hell looked rough and JBL certainly popped Richards and Nova good, but the chairshot he took was nasty. I took that to be "you need to accept the punishment" type of deal.

With Holly, I always felt that Vince let him get away with shit because somehow he admired the tough guy act (or maybe it was legit). But yeah, you never heard about people liking Holly.

The whole Puder thing was bullshit. Puder made Angle look bad, but the whole thing was really set up to make the Tough Enough contestants look bad. Puder didn't go off script, he just did what was told to him and he had the decency to not break Angle's arm. But I took the whole 'kick the shit out of him' act to be one to give Vince another boner.

It's funny but all this shit was happening around 2005 too. Things seem to have settled in WWE since then.

As far Sexy Star, yeah, I'd be very careful when working in the US now, because someone might shoot on her ass.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8000
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 8-30-2017 at 12:00 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bopol
As far Sexy Star, yeah, I'd be very careful when working in the US now, because someone might shoot on her ass.

I think there's a video of Brad Maddox doing that to Paige.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8131
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section
Member Is Online

Mood: cole slaw all over!

posted on 8-30-2017 at 12:06 AM Edit Post
I was a seaman back in dubya-dubya-two. They sent me over there. Now I just send it all over my wife's ass.

- Kissel

Oh my god, they've shot Cabbagehead!

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4385
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

Mood: All die soon

posted on 8-30-2017 at 12:17 AM Edit Post
quote:
...because someone might shoot on her ass.

I've worked with better. But not many. Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Essentially every post I made this year that ended up as Janerd’s bio.

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 792
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 8-30-2017 at 02:29 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
quote:

POTY. Meltzer gives it 6 1/2 stars.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3427
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 8-30-2017 at 11:50 AM Edit Post
So, is Mike Kanellis the new record holder for shortest amount of time between WWE debut and taking time off to go to rehab?

He made his WWE Debut at money in the bank on June 18th and entered rehab on July 15th. That's just 27 days! Is this a victory of sorts for the wellness policy maybe - not failing for a banned substance, but detecting high levels of stuff that has forced Mike to confront his demons?

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 1871
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 8-30-2017 at 01:18 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gobshite
So, is Mike Kanellis the new record holder for shortest amount of time between WWE debut and taking time off to go to rehab?

He made his WWE Debut at money in the bank on June 18th and entered rehab on July 15th. That's just 27 days! Is this a victory of sorts for the wellness policy maybe - not failing for a banned substance, but detecting high levels of stuff that has forced Mike to confront his demons?

So he really was overdosing on love? Amazing.

Braun Strowman guy.

royberto
Showstopper

Posts 714
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 8-30-2017 at 05:58 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gobshite

His rehab was supposedly before he started with WWE. Also he stated he was two months sober so that puts him in rehab before July 15th.

[Edited on 8-30-2017 by royberto]

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3813
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 8-30-2017 at 08:59 PM Edit Post
* The part of the Cena/Reigns promo where Reigns forgets his line and Cena mocks him for it has been edited from the WWE's YouTube and Twitter accounts

* It is believed that Cena will beat Reigns at No Mercy and eventually win the title from Lesnar. Their rematch will be at Wrestlemania where Cena will return the favor and pass the torch to Reigns.

"I almost hope he fucks off forever from OO now."

--Paddlefoot

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12570
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-30-2017 at 09:43 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
* It is believed that Cena will beat Reigns at No Mercy and eventually win the title from Lesnar. Their rematch will be at Wrestlemania where Cena will return the favor and pass the torch to Reigns.

Call me crazy but I actually like this better than Reigns beating Lesnar. Don't ask me why.

As to Bennett, I don't know anything about his rehab but he's sure the most compelling argument I've seen yet as to why yes, guys should have a run through NXT before appearing on the main roster. Yikes. Aj is the exception, not the standard.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8131
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-30-2017 at 10:27 PM Edit Post
I think with Bennett and Maria it's more of a case that they saddled them with a really uninteresting gimmick than can't draw a dime on it's own than from any failure on the performer's part. Maria and Mike could also be looking at it in the same way that Christian and Gail Kim did with their last times in WWE, as in "fuck it, we're still getting paid better now than we ever were before". And, as has been seen a hundred times before with outside talent that came in, Vince just isn't interested in using whatever characters the performers built for themselves outside of WWE. Maria turning herself into a hyper-sexy perfect-assed jezebel in ROH and Japan, or an evil uber-bitch in TNA, wasn't something that WWE was going to do with her at all.

salmonjunkie

Posts 11963
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: Authoritized

posted on 8-30-2017 at 10:30 PM Edit Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
Yeah, I felt a bit conflicted about including Saturn on that list as I knew he had said that he was pretty out on his feet at the time... but then I thought; he did mess up enough that the WWE did feel compelled to punish him, and said punishment amounted to Moppy... which just underscores the point that they largely don't do a whole lot.

With Saturn, I tend to believe him because I can't think of why he would lie, but he did put Bell at risk.

Saturn's comments:
"“Moppy” started as a punishment, but it worked out because the character got over. I worked with a guy named Mike Bell, and he accidentally put me on my head twice in the match. He did not do it deliberately, but it just knocked me out on my feet. I blacked out and just beat the sh– out of him and didn’t even realize it. WWE was pissed, and when I explained to them what happened, I explained that I was out on my feet and I didn’t really know what I did. “Moppy” came out of my explanation to where they used it like a punishment-type thing. I didn’t want to do it, but you have to do what they want to do, but it ended up getting over for them."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/768967-perry-saturn-comments-on-traumatic-brain-injury-diagnosis-being-thankful-for-recent-help-how-his-moppy-gimmick- started

[Edited on 8-30-2017 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8131
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-30-2017 at 10:43 PM Edit Post
Plus it led this kind of greatness:

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3670
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-31-2017 at 12:31 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger

I really hope that's not true; Cena's been THE guy for you for so long, and beating Flair's record is a pretty monumental achievement that should happen on the big WM stage with a proper story line behind it; not handed the title in an off PPV just to be fed to project Roman in a scene that can't help but be booed.

I guess that's the difference between the WWE creating history, and staging history... Reigns doesn't need a hand off; I mean putting him over Undertaker did nothing for him other than continue to cement a dislike for him... now you want to put him in direct opposition with Cena for the love of those that cheer for him?

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 8131
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-31-2017 at 12:43 AM Edit Post
Cena/Reigns should get as long to build and flourish as Cena/Edge or Reigns/Strowman did. They're both too big to wrap it up over several minor PPV's. This needs to burn all the way from No Mercy to Survivor Series to RR and then Mania.

Flash
The Great One

Posts 3670
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-31-2017 at 04:52 AM Edit Post
I don't object to Reigns versus Cena; I think with the right build it could be good to great as both guys can work; but I think if you throw it out there with the Rock/Cena build people are going to shit on it. Maybe you turn the tables and put the title on Reigns- that way he finally gets his win over Lesnar, and could get some wins over Cena... that way the story is Reigns standing in Cena's way from capturing a record 17th title and Reigns get's the big wins en route to finishing the story.

Or... don't put the title in the mix there. Spread the wealth around... Cena versus Reigns will be pretty big anyway; why not save Lesnar for someone else to make their bones on.

First 9
The Rowdy One

Posts 2884
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 8-31-2017 at 05:47 AM Edit Post
I don't know about Reigns vs Cena turning into a long spanning rivalry like the ones Pad metioned. The closest equivalents would be Cena vs HHH and Cena vs Batista as far golden boy vs golden boy goes and those weren't year long series of matches.

Face vs face is tough to extend to the length of something like Cena vs Edge which started in January, ended it's first big chapter in September of the same year and would be rewindled several times through out the years.

SpiNNeR72
Showstopper

Posts 704
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 8-31-2017 at 12:12 PM Edit Post
The problem is the payoff. There are lots of cool options to go down, earning of mutual respect, simmering hatred leading to "shoot" beatdowns, hell even comedic possibilities.

Cena can give everything he has to anything they come up with, but as long as the payoff is a Reigns victory...

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1530
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 8-31-2017 at 12:49 PM Edit Post
First off, we're going to move the title from one part timer to another? Meh.

Secondly, after the kind of dominance Brock has show over his run, the guy they're finally going to relay some of that heat to is John friggin Cena? JFC.

Finally, did they not learn their lesson when they tried to do that "passing the torch" ending at WM a few years back with Rock and Cena when the crowd was booing the shit out of it?

No, evidently they did not.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2053
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 8-31-2017 at 01:08 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cherokee Jack
First off, we're going to move the title from one part timer to another? Meh.

Actually it'll be the 3rd part timer in a row,
Goldberg > Lesnar > Cena. Extra Meh.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 1871
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 8-31-2017 at 03:59 PM Edit Post
All of this is really a moot point because no matter what happens from now until January the Rumble will reset Raw this year.

Cena wins the Rumble if they want 17 at WM.
Reigns wins if they must do Brock v ReBOO.
Brock wins if he drops the title and needs a rematch v Strowman.
Strowman wins if he has truly surpassed ReBOO.

And, then, if it has all gone to shit The Miz is due for a signature win.

Only then should a SD guy be considered this year. Long story short, the next 4 months seem to all be booked towards January, and not April.

Braun Strowman guy.

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 8-31-2017 at 04:46 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
quote:

You nearly owed me a new laptop after I almost spat out my coffee on my screen

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

GodEatGod
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1581
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA
Member Is Online

Mood: Weird

posted on 8-31-2017 at 11:28 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler

Only then should a SD guy be considered this year. Long story short, the next 4 months seem to all be booked towards January, and not April.

Honestly, I was kind of hoping for AJ to win this year. If they do eventually put the title on Shinsuke, AJ's the best WM opponent for him and the company's supposedly high on him. Only downside is that it would, indeed, be two Smackdown guys in a row and god forbid that happen. But Randy shouldn't have fucking won it last year to begin with.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

<<  35    36    37    38    39    40  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top