The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ultimate Showdown Suggestion
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5001
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 9-26-2018 at 06:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
When the FUCK are we going to have another Ultimate Showdown?

Bumping this now that the entrance themes are over.

Still think the Wrestler Names or Secondary Title Champions need a Showdown ASAP.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

First 9
The Great One

Posts 3962
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 9-26-2018 at 07:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Would an ultimate wrestling show showdown be too much of a drag?

I could see it devolve into a glorified ultimate match showdown as people only focus on the best match of each card but on the other hand it would be fun to see people debate about WM10 with Bret pulling double duty and the legendary ladder match vs WM30 with Bryan pulling double duty and the historic end to the Streak. How far would Bash at the Beach 96 go on the strength of featuring the birth of the nWo, Rey vs Psicosis and nothing else? Would the Royal Rumble 2003 be dragged down by HHH vs Steiner despite feauting the greatest Angle vs Benoit match? How far would ECW's first One Night Stand go? How about NXT's Takeovers?

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2727
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 10-22-2018 at 04:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Would an ultimate wrestling show showdown be too much of a drag?

I could see it devolve into a glorified ultimate match showdown as people only focus on the best match of each card but on the other hand it would be fun to see people debate about WM10 with Bret pulling double duty and the legendary ladder match vs WM30 with Bryan pulling double duty and the historic end to the Streak. How far would Bash at the Beach 96 go on the strength of featuring the birth of the nWo, Rey vs Psicosis and nothing else? Would the Royal Rumble 2003 be dragged down by HHH vs Steiner despite feauting the greatest Angle vs Benoit match? How far would ECW's first One Night Stand go? How about NXT's Takeovers?

I agree with this suggestion as I was just thinking about this idea and came to suggest it. The finals will probably be whatever the best Wrestlemania is (17 or 30) vs. the best non-Mania (Off the top of my head I love Money in the Bank 2011). Just coming up with nominees would be lots of fun.

OO's only mammal penguin

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7519
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-24-2018 at 08:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like the idea of a "best show/PPV" tournament in theory, but my main issue with it is that there would be no way to watch every single nominated show/PPV. Like, if Superbrawl VII was paired up against Victory Road 2006 (and I'm just pulling those PPVs out of my ass), I'd have no idea which one to vote for outside of reading a recap and deciding which one sounds better via someone else's review.

I remember this being a problem in the Ultimate Match Showdown (which, don't get me wrong, I loved), where there just wasn't enough time in the day to watch every single nominated match. With a tournament involving entire PPVs or TV episodes, it would be like that but times ten.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10543
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Mordor of the soul

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 10-24-2018 at 08:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm thinking Ultimate Promo is the way to go. Cold-Blooded Sausage Maker for the win, if you weeeeel.

"Let's go give these Canuckleheads a good ol red-white-and-blue fist-fucking!" - Janerd75

First 9
The Great One

Posts 3962
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 10-26-2018 at 07:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know the finals would be predictable but best factions could be fun just to see how far certain groups would go. Team ECK vs New Day, The Brood vs The Wyatt Family, The Christian Coalition vs The Club.

Also, Christian has been in a lot of great stables.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 2-19-2019 at 01:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It has long been debated what the best Mullet in wrestling is. I myself for example think it was Magnum T.A.'s but, let's have a showdown to sort it out once and for all.

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12618
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 2-19-2019 at 07:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Now that WWE has introduced all these new belts over the past year and a half, some gorgeous, some ok, we should do an Ultimate Championship Belts showdown.

Unless you want to wait until AEW unveils their championship belts, which I'm guessing will look pretty decent. At least better than Impact's ugly belts.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5001
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 2-21-2019 at 05:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Methinks we need an Ultimate Showdown for all of these Ultimate Showdown ideas and suggestions.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8843
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 2-22-2019 at 05:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bah - whoever wants to run one and is willing to go through all the research and effort involved can pick whatever inspires them and just run with it. If you're inspired my mullets, by all means kick the mullet showdown off.

Or something.

Don't Mess With Texas

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 2-22-2019 at 06:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just to put my own ideas out there, this is what I had planned:

2019: Tag Team Finisher - we've done both Ultimate Tag Team and Ultimate Finisher, so Ultimate Tag Team Finisher just seems like one that we need to get out of the way
2020: Women's Match - another one that seems like an obvious top choice before moving onto more abstract ideas; would also prepare us for the following...
2021: Women's Wrestler Redux - ten year anniversary of the Diva Showdown, now with a completely new landscape in the world of women's wrestling

I will say that while revisiting the divas/women ten years later is a good idea on paper, part of me wants to drop it down the list another five years or so to let the scene develop a little more. I also want to do Ultimate Commentator somewhere in there if I can squeeze it in. After that, I was just going to go with the flow and try to do whatever seemed popular. I like the Ultimate Stable and Ultimate Championship Belt ideas the best. Ultimate Promo, Event, and Champion (world and secondary) are also good.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

The Finale: 3-D vs. Doomsday Device

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top