The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PPV DISCUSSION: RAW presents Fastlane 2017
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4403
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 3-5-2017 at 08:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PPV DISCUSSION: RAW presents Fastlane 2017

Tonight WWE finally shows its hand, and gives us the last little twists and turns on the Road to WrestleMania...

Well, probably. Just for the record, Kevin Owens is facing Brock Lesnar at an MSG House Show next weekend, so if WWE wanted to delay the final "reveal" that Lesnar/Goldberg at Mania is gonna be a title match, well, there's a way to do that.

But for the most part, the WM33 line-up should be more or less self-evident at the conclusion of tonight's show. Here's the official card, as of this writing:

KEVIN OWENS vs. BILL GOLDBERG (WWEU Title Match)
SAMI ZAYN vs. SAMOA JOE
BAYLEY vs. CHARLOTTE (Women's Title Match)
GALLOWS & ANDERSON vs. ENZO & BIG CASS (Tag Title Match)
NEVILLE vs. JACK GALLAGHER (Cruiserweight Title Match)
ROMAN REIGNS vs. BJORK SONGSTRESS
SASHA BANKS vs. NIA JAX
AKIRA TOZAWA & RICH SWANN vs. BRIAN KENDRICK & NOAM DAR (Preshow Match)

Some thoughts:

The "obvious" finale of the main event should be Chris Jericho returning to TV for the first time since his injuries at the hands of Owens, costing Owens the WWEU Title... it sets up Jericho vs. Owens for WM, as well as moving the WWEU Title over to the Goldberg/Lesnar feud (which has been WWE's plan for some time).

If I were allowed in the room to offer an alternative proposal, it would go like this: Jericho shows up, and Owens is terrified... but in the end, Jericho does something to allow Owens to retain. He could flat out cheat to help Owens score a pin, or if you want to muddy the waters, you could do a replay of a past main event and have Jericho attack Owens to cause a DQ. Owens could even think Jericho might be trying to patch up the friendship, but tomorrow on RAW, Jericho squashes those hopes, and reveals he's just a Man of His Word, and he said Owens would retain his WWEU Title because of Jericho, and that's what happened. So now, junior, it's time to hold up YOUR end of the bargain, because now, at WrestleMania 33, it's Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho, Champion vs. Champion, and Jericho promises Owens will never EEEEEEEVVVER be the same agayn.

The crowd would go ape poopy. But then Lesnar beats Owens next week at MSG, and NOW we've got everything in place for Mania. FOOLED YA, you stupid marks!!!!!!! (As a bonus, if you're the type of fan who likes to believe the titles MEAN SOMETHING, this is a workaround where you never give the big belt to Goldberg, who is more a curiosity at this point than he is credible; "having Goldberg's number" is an interesting and unexpected twist, but it does not necessarily equate to him getting a month-long title run.)

If it's out there to be the de facto main event that steals the show by playing things straight, I figure Joe beats Zayn in an awesome wrestling match. But you could very easily have both Triple H and/or Seth Rollins get involved, at which point things could get screwy, and a win for Zayn is definitely on the table. I think you still go with a Joe win, though.

The other alternative for a de facto main event would be Bayley and Charlotte, who've proven their bona fides... with Charlotte's PPV streak on the line, fans might bite on the possibility of Bayley breaking it, the more spotlight and hype WWE gives the match tonight, with regard to placement. That said, I do not expect Charlotte's streak to end.

I'm gonna go with Enzo and Cass winning the tag titles. Nothing against Gallows & Anderson, but they've been playing up the "Enzo & Cass have never won a title ANYwhere," and it would be nice for them to get a run. And the sooner the better, since I expect Vince is getting itchy to start Cass on the path to singles glory.

Neville retains. He's killing it as the heel champ, and Tozawa is getting all kinds of love from the fans, so that's gotta be WM play for the CW division, right?

Reigns vs. Strowman will probably avoid being Bowling Shoe Ugly, but that still doesn't mean I'm gonna be able to muster up any fucks to give. I just can't see Vince allowing either man to get beat, so lets all just hope the stupid non-finish is at least a COOL stupid non-finish. Paging the Undertaker!

Can't see them derailing Nia at this point... and as noted above, Tozawa's on his way up the card, so he and Swann seem like easy winners. UNLESS, that is, Tozawa and Swann have some kind of miscommunication; remember, while Tozawa is the Hot New Flavor of the Month, Swann is still owed a title rematch against Neville, too, so all three might be in the mix for a WM match.

And I fully expect some kind of segment(s)/drama with Steph and Mick Foley, too (which would be another possible spot for HHH to pop up, if not the Joe/Zayn match).

That is all. End communication...

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7679
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 3-5-2017 at 09:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This card has one match that should be awesome in Joe/Zayn and an intriguing main event from a "how's it going to play out?" perspective, but outside of that I can't say I'm super excited for anything else (though I am kinda curious to see if Reigns and Strowman can surprise people with a good match). My picks:

Kevin Owens vs Goldberg: Echoing what Rick said, the obvious choice is Goldberg wins the title after Jericho interferes, but there are other avenues they could go here; kind of like I mentioned in the RAW thread the other week, this could be a pre-WrestleMania 13 situation where both Lesnar and Jericho want the guy they're currently feuding with to win the match, so that they can then challenge them for the title at WrestleMania. But since this is the WWE and the obvious is what happens 98% of the time heading into WrestleMania, I'll go with Goldberg defeating Kevin Owens to win the Universal title.

Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman: It seems the WWE has really booked themselves into a corner with this match, as obviously they're not going to job Braun out but you can't have Roman getting beat right before feuding with the Undertaker. So I'm gonna say Taker interferes in the match and we get a DQ/non-finish, which will further along things between Taker/Reigns and possibly add Strowman to the mix.

Samoa Joe vs Sami Zayn: I think this is going to be textbook "Zayn puts on a really strong showing, but ultimately falls to Joe" booking, and hey, it should be. And like Rick mentioned, I'm wondering if we get any kind of Triple H/Rollins involvement during this match.

Bayley vs Charlotte: I really hope they don't hotshot the women's title for the millionth time, but since this is Charlotte in a PPV title match, I'm not totally sure of that. I'm gonna very cautiously pick Bayley to win, which probably means Charlotte wins and heads into WrestleMania with the belt.

Gallows/Anderson vs Enzo/Cass: I'm torn here, because on the one hand Enzo and Cass are the most over tag team on the roster and it makes sense for them to be champions. On the other hand, I feel like Gallows and Anderson need more than a one-month reign as tag champs to really establish them as a top tag team on RAW. So I think I'll go with the heels to retain through nefarious means, and then Enzo and Cass win the belts at WrestleMania (though personally speaking, I think it should have been Enzo/Cass dethroning New Day at WrestleMania, but that's neither here nor there).

Neville vs Jack Gallagher: Easy pick for Neville to win.

Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax: Nia has kind of been pushed as the Braun Strowman of the women's division, but I think Sasha gets the win tonight to set up something with Bayley and/or Charlotte for WrestleMania.

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 3-5-2017 at 09:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I REALLY DONT want Goldberg/Lesnar to be for the title...

Is it wrong that I kind of want Y2J to cost Goldberg the title, and for this to have been a ruse all along? Probably won't happen... but the recent TV alliance of Owens/HHH/Joe could become more of a thing tonight... possibly leading to a "HHH brought us here" vs "we got here on our own" thread of those three going against Zayn, Rollins and...Balor.

You see, Owens owes a certain returning undefeated star a title match. He's booked on house shows from next weekend onwards, so I expect Balor to return and challenge KO tomorrow. As the thing that gets Foley fired, he makes the Balor/Owens match for Mania...

Either way, I expect Owens to leave as champion by hook or by crook, and project Balor to kick start again this month, giving us the first happy ending to Mania since Bryan closed WM30...

Gallows and Anderson retain. Enzo and Cass win at Mania...
Charlotte to win/lose by DQ, setting her up for her first pinfall loss at Mania.
Jax to destroy Sasha again.

As entertaining as Gallagher is, Neville is too strong right now. Not sure if we get Neville vs Aries at Mania, or this is your annual multi man ladder match...

Reigns vs Strowman... can they both lose? A boxing match in the U.K. Last night ended when David Haye snapped his Achilles and couldn't walk, but would not give up, and went a further 5 rounds before his corner threw the towel in. Maybe they can keep the timely references going by doing something like that, where Reigns is clearly injured; but won't allow the ref to stop it...

That or Undertaker appears to randomly take out Reigns. Because why not?

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4105
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 3-5-2017 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Owens vs Goldberg will be a retread of Punk vs Rock.

If Cena could beat Umaga twice on the eve of WM, Reigns can beat Strowman cleanly.

Joe gets to look like a killer against Zayn.

Really wish they'd add some fire to Charlotte by having her ppv streak end right before WM and change her character a bit but I'm going with the Charlotte win.

Tag Title match is a coin flip in my opinion. Either they ''make it up'' to Gallows and Anderson by giving them a dominant win here after being Roman's bitches for the last few weeks or they pop the crown with an Enzo&Cass win.

Neville wins but I hope Gallagher gets to look good.

Nia has destroyed Sasha throught out their entire feud. Sasha should win here.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7679
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 3-5-2017 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gobshite
You see, Owens owes a certain returning undefeated star a title match. He's booked on house shows from next weekend onwards, so I expect Balor to return and challenge KO tomorrow. As the thing that gets Foley fired, he makes the Balor/Owens match for Mania...

Either way, I expect Owens to leave as champion by hook or by crook, and project Balor to kick start again this month, giving us the first happy ending to Mania since Bryan closed WM30...

On the flipside, and even though I 99% doubt it will happen, they could always bring Balor back as a heel since Rollins is technically the one who injured him. Triple H/Joe could be beating Rollins down at some point, when Balor's music hits and everyone thinks he's coming in to make the save, only for him to join in on the beatdown of Rollins (or something like that).

Again, I doubt it will happen and there's probably more value in Balor as a face than a heel right now, but the storyline is there if the WWE wanted to go for it.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7897
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 3-6-2017 at 12:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gobshite
Is it wrong that I kind of want Y2J to cost Goldberg the title, and for this to have been a ruse all along?

No. JeriKO is the best, and it'd be awesome for them to keep going. I also think it allows you to setup Jericho vs Goldberg for some time in the future (SummerSlam?) to give Bill a big sendoff win.

You can also have Foley be super pissed at getting hoodwinked twice by JeriKO, and make Jericho vs Braun for Mania. Giving the big guy a title at the big show has to be a better idea that win the Andre snoozefest.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2497
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 3-6-2017 at 12:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Honestly, the Festival of Friendship turn was so well executed, it would leave a sour taste in my mouth if they pulled the 'ha ha, it was all a ruse, you marks' bit with it now. The fans are pretty hot for Jericho to get his revenge and, while Owens/Balor would no doubt be a great match, it wouldn't have the heat or the extra oomph that Jericho/Owens would have at this point. Sorry, no buys. I'd rather they do Finn/Taker, Demon versus Deadman, if Balor's back early.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 3-6-2017 at 01:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You know, if three years ago someone told you we'd get Kevin Steen vs. Bill Goldberg for the WWE title in 2017, how many of you would have believed that?
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7897
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 3-6-2017 at 01:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Jack Tunney Is My President"

Sign of the year?

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 732
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2017 at 01:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
"Jack Tunney Is My President"

Sign of the year?

And if you watched closely you could see when security took it from the guy!

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

scott19buckeye
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 12-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2017 at 01:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So does Cass turn after SAWFT loses?
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7897
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 3-6-2017 at 02:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jinder Mahal getting PPV time? Really?
bopol
Showstopper

Posts 999
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2017 at 02:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You know, I'm going with Jericho costing Goldberg the match with a "So, I'm not good enough to wrestler you on PPV" going back two decades and then squashing Owens setting up Wrestlemania (Owens/Jericho) for the title and Summerslam (Goldberg/Jericho).

And, because I'm being all marky, I'm going with Zahn over Joe with the BRAINBUSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA1!!!!!!!!!!

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

scott19buckeye
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 12-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2017 at 02:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
C/W was a good little match and Aries/Neville at WM could steal the show.
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4403
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 3-6-2017 at 02:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Very odd night for time management tonight....

Neville and Gallagher just got the full 15+ to steal the show (so far), but only after Joe and Zayn had to half-ass it in the opener in order to advance the narrative that Joe is the Samoan Squash Machine.

To say nothing of the fact that Jinder Mahal and Rusev both got impromptu singles matches during a mid-show segment that lasted about 25 minutes, total, and which made me wish I had some sort of prostate disorder so I could pee more than once during it.

We're now at a point where the final hour will hinge largely on Bayley and Charlotte to carry the final hour of the show. The alternative would be Reigns and Strowman going longer than 10 minutes. Lord knows Goldberg doesn't get paid by the hour...

Oh, wait.... now Paul Heyman is cutting a promo.... the tease is in effect that Brock could also be here tonight. So add that to the list of possible shennanigans.

Still, even with that extra tease, if I put the over/under for the main event at 5 minutes of bell-to-bell, would any of you take the over? If I put the over/under for different offensive moves performed by Goldberg at 3, would anybody take the over? Yeah, that match isn't gonna be much of a match, even if it does serve its purpose as a Sports Entertainment Segment...

Oh, wait v2.0... the New Day are gonna take up at least part of this last hour. And they have ice cream.....

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 3-6-2017 at 02:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Even though I saw this thread earlier today, I =still= forgot about this PPV. I'll just keep tabs on it thanks to you kind & enlightened folks.

I'm really burned-out on this bi-weekly ppv thing..

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7897
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can somebody get Roman some all black sneakers? Please?
Sam Is Neat
Fella

Posts 452
Registered 2-21-2013

Mood: Moody

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did Orton sneak in and make turds in Roman's boots? Why is he wearing my dad's basketball shoes from his pick up basketball games?

Also, can Big Show come back out and have another match with Strowman, instead? This is bowling shoes ugly...which is what Roman Reigns is wearing, as well.

Cruiserweight match was terrific. Great chemistry with those two. Wouldn't mind seeing them go at it a few more times between now and Wrestlemania.

The rest of this has been s-l-o-w, which is ironic, considering the name of the Network Special.

Also, someone needs to move fake Demon Finn Balor from ringside. Watching him watch the entire show calmly, while in full on cosplay regalia, is some sort of creepy, for some reason.

[Edited on 3-6-2017 by Sam Is Neat]

[Edited on 3-6-2017 by Sam Is Neat]

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: safety danse

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was more pissed off at the Masshole in the RedSox gear. I was hoping he'd jump the rail and try to attack Reigns just so he'd get kicked out of the arena.

Well, you'll believe a large beardo redneck can fly.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4403
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Entirely realistic explanation for Roman's Sneakers:

[it's 3pm, and Roman/Strowman are going over some spots in the ring]

VINCE McMAHON: Whoa, whoa, whoa, I thought Braun Strowman was 7 foot 2, a beast among men, but he's barely 2 inches taller than Roman here!

BEEF STROGANOFF: Ummmm, I'm really only 6'7", which is still pretty big.

ROMAN REIGNS: Yeah, I'm wearing my work boots. Y'know, the ones with 2" lifts that you told me to always wear so I look bigger. So that's part of it, too.

VINCE: Dammit, this is unacceptable! Braun must be YUUUUGE~!

ROMAN: Okay, ummmm, I'll go find some new footwear, I guess?

VINCE: Damn straight, Roman. You have twenties of dollars and 90 minutes, do your best.

ROMAN: [ends up working in ugly-ass two-tone sneakers, just so Braun doesn't look less big]

It's gotta be the shoes!

Rick

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dammit, TheRick, that is so plausible I can actually believe you saw it happen.

For now, I'm assuming it's true.

[Edited on 3-6-2017 by Count Zero]

"At this point Brock is so bulletproof, they could fucking crucify him and he would kick out before the third day." -- ulsterphil

scott19buckeye
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 12-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sasha better be turning heel, that makes no sense.
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7679
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Considering it's 10:45 EST, Owens/Goldberg is gonna go for what, five minutes?
gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9478
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Allow me to enlighten all of you fashion-challenged fanboys. Roman is going for the "white soles on black shoes" look that is actually pretty cool-looking and quite popular among the more well-dressed of us (these are blue but you get the idea) -

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 3-6-2017 at 03:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dude in that picture is so hip...ster.

"At this point Brock is so bulletproof, they could fucking crucify him and he would kick out before the third day." -- ulsterphil

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top