The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: NXT 2017
Slade
The Great One

Posts 3909
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Dusseldorf, Germany

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 8-22-2017 at 07:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just finished watching NXT Takeover. It was a solid show all around. I thought Asuka and Ember Moon had the best match of the night.

I wanted the title matches to end with the Authors of Pain, Ember Moon, and Bobby Roode as champions. I got the complete opposite. I don't mind SaNiTy winning nor Asuka retaining, but if I was going to pick any of the undefeated champions to remain undefeated champions, I would have gone with the Authors of Pain.

As soon as the main event ended, I was disappointed in the result. Drew McIntyre is the first NXT Champion that I don't think is worthy of the honour. He's nothing special in the ring and bland as can be. If his title reign was done to promote Bobby Roode and quickly transition the belt over to Adam Cole, then I can live with that.

"Love is making out with someone after you've blown a load on his/her face." - Dan Savage

First 9
The Rowdy One

Posts 2669
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 9-22-2017 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It might have been a botch but Lars pushing through No Way Jose's clothesline looked great. I think that could be an awesome big man spot if timed better.

Overall, Lars is developing at a great pace and I can't wait to see him have hoss-offs against Braun and Brock.

SpiNNeR72
Showstopper

Posts 684
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 9-22-2017 at 08:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah that was a great spot, and totally agree about his development. Also the Black/Dream segment was one of the best promo segments on WWE in a very long time.

I feel like we're heading for another peak in NXT.

GodEatGod
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1421
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 9-24-2017 at 02:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9

Overall, Lars is developing at a great pace and I can't wait to see him have hoss-offs against Braun and Brock.

I love Lars! His eloquent monster gimmick is great and his old school look is fun. I'm not sure he's -quite- as big as he should be - No Way Jose looked not much smaller, if at all - but he has a good aura of menace about him. Not super crazy about his finish, but that can be tweaked with time.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

<<  3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top