The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Trump's Lies and Broken Promises
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 4-30-2017 at 07:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So according to the Toronto Star Trump is up to 213 "bald faced lies, exaggerations, and deceptions" for his first 100 days in office. They've been keeping a running tally throughout his presidency. Interesting run down, with the lies and the verifiable facts posted side by side... bonus it is sortable by topic.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/04/29/donald-trump-has-said-100s-of-false-things-heres-all-of-them.html

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 5-24-2017 at 07:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Candidate Trump stood apart from the other GOP candidates and promised he wouldn't touch Social Security of Medicare and Medicaid.

President Trump's budget calls for sharp cuts to Social Security and $800 BILLION to Medicaid over 10 years.

Pretty much EVERY government program or department is getting cut: food stamps,Social Security disability insurance benefits; additional income for poor seniors, disabled adults and children (SSI); and public assistance for needy families (TANF).

The only programs seeing increases? Military spending, border security, and infrastructure. Fully 1.6 billion dollars is earmarked for Trump's border wall.

This is nothing but a huge tax cut on the wealthy at the expense of the most vulnerable in our society: the poor, children, and the elderly.

Ironically, this hurts Trump supporters the hardest:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/24/news/economy/donald-trump-voters-budget-cuts/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/23/politics/trump-budget-cuts-programs/

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 6-5-2017 at 04:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After months of denying that the restriction on travel from predominantly Muslim countries was a "travel ban", Trump just doubled down calling it a "Travel Ban" and complaining about having to be politically correct.

This administration can't get shit right at all.

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-30-2017 at 10:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Trump's pace seems to have increased since his first one hundred days in office; The Toronto Star now has his record at 876 false claims in 311 days on the job, or 2.8 false claims per day.

They note that they are using the term "false claims" in lieu of "lies" as they cannot prove that he is wilfully lying, and may just be mistaken or ignorant. The below includes a sortable list by topic for each of the 876 false claims, with a source for each and a notation as to how many times he has repeated that particular bottom garment combusting statement.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/analysis/2017/11/28/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-30-2017 at 03:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yesterday, he suggested that Joe Scarborough murdered his intern several years ago.

Think about that. A sitting American president publicly accused a journalist of MURDER. And it hardly made a blip on the news cycle.

If this was Reagan, HW Bush, Clinton, W, or Obama, that would have been the news story of the year perhaps. Today? Eh, NBD.

That frightens me because it normalizes outrageous behavior like this from our leaders who should be better than that.

Instead we have a walking Facebook meme as our president.

-- The Rick

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 12-1-2017 at 12:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's astonishing to me how his behaviour and statements are just accepted as "whatever" because it's reached the point of fading to noise. Couple that with him, and his supporters telling the big lie of "fake news" over and over again that they've come to believe it, and back it up with every tiny stumble, or retraction by the press. Trump is probably the worst of this mentality, but with their being so many competing voices out in the social medial wilderness (although is it fair to call it the wilderness when we are firmly entrenched in it?) he's just emblematic of our current everyone has a bias, angle, slant, stake, secret motive and voice in spreading information; be it news, or stuff made to look like news that you begin to question reality.

It's like an article I read years ago about how many in China were raised with this idea that Tiananmen Square was just a few mentally ill people who caused a commotion, and it wasn't until they emigrated to the West and saw western history books that this whole other history unveiled itself to them.

I feel like I'm caught somewhere between waiting for history to be written by the victors of this era, and wondering that if reality is for the most part just what everyone accepts as truth.. be it a flat earth, evolution, creationism, Trump, or whatever else, what do we do when the divisions between what I believe and what some Fox news fan believes are so great... I don't doubt my reality that Trump is spewing hate and nonsense, but I have to admit to myself that at the same time neither does the guy locked up for thinking he's Napoleon.

This story made a lot of news recently; although it sounds like the fundamental point or question of the piece was overlooked and garnered a lot of criticism for seemingly being soft on, or normalizing white supremacy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/ohio-hovater-white-nationalist.html?_r=0

I think, and it sounds like that what the writer was trying to say based on an interview I read, was that we need to look closer at how "normal" and prevalent these seemingly once upon a time fringe views have become... that hatred and bigotry don't always goose step 24/7... because yeah their beliefs are "out there", but for many espousing about Jewish banking conspiracies, Muslims cheering 9/11, or how building a wall will save us all aren't extreme views, they're as normal as doing groceries or going to church on a Sunday morning... you can be the boy, or girl next door, and still be a Nazi/Racist, President of the United States, or both.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10520
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Mordor of the soul

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 12-1-2017 at 01:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The dipshits yelling "fake" at everything have pretty much made the 9/11 Truthers of yore look reasonable and sensible in comparison.

"Let's go give these Canuckleheads a good ol red-white-and-blue fist-fucking!" - Janerd75

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 12-1-2017 at 03:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
Yesterday, he suggested that Joe Scarborough murdered his intern several years ago.

Think about that. A sitting American president publicly accused a journalist of MURDER. And it hardly made a blip on the news cycle.

If this was Reagan, HW Bush, Clinton, W, or Obama, that would have been the news story of the year perhaps. Today? Eh, NBD.

That frightens me because it normalizes outrageous behavior like this from our leaders who should be better than that.

Lets be perfectly honest, is that even break the top 10 of crazy things Trump has said since inauguration? or July?

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 12-1-2017 at 04:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OOMike
quote:

Agreed. That's my point.
Lets be perfectly honest, is that even break the top 10 of crazy things Trump has said since inauguration? or July?

-- The Rick

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 12-26-2017 at 11:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Another broken promise of his, his promise to repeal the ELD mandate that Obama put into place. This one is gonna be interesting to see play out, seeing how this has a major impact on the trucking industry AKA a good chunk of Trump's base. This one also has a personal effect on me since my dad was a trucker for close to 30 years.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 1-28-2018 at 05:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If anybody wants a good feeling of catharsis, just check out the #AmnestyDon hashtag on Twitter. His supporters are calling for his head right now.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-29-2018 at 03:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anglefan85
If anybody wants a good feeling of catharsis, just check out the #AmnestyDon hashtag on Twitter. His supporters are calling for his head right now.

Yes. And he is waffling on the Paris Accords too. He said he would "love" to stay in treaty now.

-- The Rick

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 1-29-2018 at 08:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Yes. And he is waffling on the Paris Accords too. He said he would "love" to stay in treaty now.

Hadn't heard about that. When did that happen?

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-29-2018 at 08:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/28/donald-trump-says-us-could-re-enter-paris-climate-deal-itv-interview

-- The Rick

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8842
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 1-29-2018 at 08:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There are PLENTY of things Trump says and does that can and should make anyone upset. PLENTY.

That being said, did you even read the article you posted?

quote:

“The Paris accord, for us, would have been a disaster,” he told Britain’s ITV channel in an interviewed to be aired late on Sunday in the UK.

“If they made a good deal … there’s always a chance we’d get back,” Trump added, describing the current agreement as “terrible” and “unfair” to the US.

Dude says he'd be open to a different deal.

This feels like just grasping and bitching for the sake of bitching. Hasn't stopped you before, so it's not like this is new or anything.

But really? Again - there's plenty to get upset about. You should't need to stretch things like you've done here. This is a perfect example of the kind of shit that fuels the 'fake news' crowd. Congrats on that.

Don't Mess With Texas

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-29-2018 at 09:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't see how anything I wrote was inaccurate.

Trump pulled out of the Paris Accords.

Now he is saying, "Would I go back in? Yeah, I’d go back in. I like, as you know, I like Emmanuel [Macron]. I would love to."

What part of that is fake news?

-- The Rick

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8842
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 1-29-2018 at 09:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
He's saying he'd go back in under different terms, which were the same reason for pulling out in the first place.

You're making like he's breaking a promise / lying or on the edge of it by saying he just wants back in. Skipping the context he said it under...which is kinda relevant to what you're saying he's doing. But hey, if it makes the point you want it to make, context shmontext.

Don't Mess With Texas

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

posted on 1-29-2018 at 10:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortunately Tex is right, lets save the outrage at Trump for things that actually deserve it: Mexico paying for the wall, Golfing every weekend, etc.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4987
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-30-2018 at 12:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think that's hairsplitting.

This is a man who has stated unequivocally that climate change is fake (Chinese hoax), yet is now signaling that he is OK with an environmental treaty that he only recently pulled out of.

-- The Rick

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8842
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 1-30-2018 at 01:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
He said he'd consider going back under different terms, which were the same reason he pulled out.

Take off your anti-Trump glasses for just a second to see that your anti-Trump glasses are in fact giving you a biased perspective on this one.

Or just say you're going to bitch about everything Trump does no matter what and chalk it up to lalalalalafuckTrump I can't hear you.

Trump hasn't said or done anything inconsistent on this one. Yet.

Don't Mess With Texas

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

posted on 1-30-2018 at 05:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Trump said: “There is a cooling, and there’s a heating. I mean look, it used to not be climate change, it used to be global warming. That wasn’t working too well because it was getting too cold all over the place. The ice caps were going to melt, they were going to be gone by now, but now they’re setting records. They’re at a record level.”

This is the part of the article that should have triggered your condemnation.

BTW the ice caps are setting records, smallest on record.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 1-31-2018 at 01:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Holy sheeeet. This is nuts.

The insanity is moving to fast to keep up with. It's approaching Ludicrous Speed!

BBMN has attached this image:
Image could not be shown

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 1-31-2018 at 07:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And just to twist the knife even further and deeper, Trump broke his No Amnesty promise last night during the State of the Union, on national television. There's no way for his supporters to spin this as a positive, and they're showing it by their meltdown.

<<  4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top