The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PPV DISCUSSION: (Now Certified) OOfficial Survivor Series 2016 Thread
Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 11-20-2016 at 06:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PPV DISCUSSION: (re-)OOfficial Survivor Series 2016Thread

PPV starts in 5-6 hours and no thread? Shame on you all...

Unless I've missed it/ Rick is posting a well rounded preview as we speak...

I'm just going with my picks:

Lesnar bloodies Goldberg, Lesnar wins. Shane interferes for no reason post match, tries to recruit Goldberg.
Team Raw Men (Survivors: Rollins and Reigns, pinning AJ last, after some
Silly unexplainable interference from The Club)
Team SD Women (Survivors: Becky and Carmella, to start something off between them)
Team SD Tag Teams (not sure who survives, but Gable/Jordan better make it)
Miz
Kalisto

It's not announced, but this card needs a dark opener/ pre show match, so Corbin vs Ziggler. Ziggler wins when Corbin walks out.

Cards like this really make me hate the time difference: this is on midnight till 4 in the U.K., and I get up for work on a normal day at 6... so the choices are wait till Monday night, or really mess up my sleep pattern one way or another. First world problems eh...

[Edited on 11-20-2016 by Gobshite]

[Edited on 11-20-2016 by OORick]

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4105
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-20-2016 at 07:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
SD loses 2 out of 3 SS matches but gets the CW division and keeps the IC Title.

With so many bodies in the tag team SS match, I wonder who is going to be the big badass elminator(s) who eliminates multiple people in quick succession to clear up the ring. I hope it's AA.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8316
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 11-20-2016 at 07:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It'll be Reigns. I fully expect the throat-shoving of Reigns to resume again tonight.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3202
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-20-2016 at 08:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
- Braun is gonna have a big night. 3 eliminations is very likely. He'll probably get counted out though.

- When was the last PPV with zero World Championships contested?

- The Undertaker is coming out of this with a feud. Thinking Ambrose and Styles do something to start a 3 way thing with him.

- Charlotte doesn't lose on PPV. I think that means Raw wins the woman's match.

- I think Ambrose is the sole survivor beating Reigns and Rollins. I'll take a stab at how
It'll go ...

Braun eliminates Bray.
Braun eliminates Orton.
AJ walks out on his team setting up an Undertaker feud.
Shane and Braun get a double count out.
Jericho and Owens miscommunicate setting up a feud as Ambrose eliminates them both.
Ambrose completes the 4 on 1 comeback.

- I don't think there will be a definitive winner in the tag match. One of these times when NXT is in the same city they will invade a major PPV. I think your "winner" is The Revival

- IC Title to Raw because SDL doesn't have 3 hours..

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4403
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-20-2016 at 08:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We can definitely just certify this as the OOfficial Thread. My apologies for not being on top of it sooner.

I can't see any valid reason for Goldberg to beat Lesnar, unless there is some sort of chicanery (it would almost have to be Shane, right?) involved. I'm just hoping they nail down an entertaining Sports Entertainment Spectacle that finally rinses the taste of WrestleMania 20 out of our mouths.

I think this past week's Ominous Threat from the Undertaker makes a Team RAW win a virtual lock. Why have him swear vengeance on anyone who causes Team SD to lose, unless he's actually gonna have to make good on the threat?

My vision is this: 20-25 solid minutes where everybody gets a chance to do SOMEthing that plays to their strength, but then, it's down to Rollins & Reigns vs. Ambrose & Styles. Ambrose and Styles just keep bickering and bickering, and it reaches a point where Styles realizes "Oooops, I'm in the ring against the ENTIRE Shield." And he just says "Screw it," and walks out on the match.

Ambrose fights the good fight (Ellsworth can even try to help), but he can't beat the 2-on-1. Team RAW wins, and the Undertaker blames AJ Styles for it. And just like that, you get the Styles vs. Taker WWE Title Match for the 70,000 seat AlamoDome, at the Royal Rumble.

Only way Team SD wins is if the Taker thing was just a red herring to keep us from thinking of John Cena making a "surprise" appearance to save the day at the last second (but with them already doing the "injured team member" angle once to get rid of Corbin, I'm no longer as gung ho about them doing it again for Cena)...

Obviously, for maximum drama, RAW and SD have to split the preceeding two elimination matches, so that the men are the rubber match. I could see that split going either way, with RAW's two squads both having the appearance of more top level talent, but also, way more drama and in-fighting, as compared to SD's teams.

SD's tag teams seemed especially cohesive this week, with the Usos even busting out some of their old babyface riffs to join in the fun. So let's say SD wins the tag, but somebody other than Slater & Rhyho are the survivors, setting up new #1 contenders, with SD's TLC PPV just a few weeks away.

RAW's women get a win, if for no other reason than to keep Charlotte's PPV streak alive. Or maybe Team RAW wins, but only after Charlotte is eliminated, setting up kinds of "The Captain Takes Credit For the Win" stuff tomorrow on RAW. Also "Coach Nattie" is probably good for at least one serious comic relief backfire elimination.

It seems like it'd be unfair for RAW to have both the US and IC Titles, but the way things have played out, I believe I will still pick Sami Zayn to score the win tonight. It'd just feel wrong for Miz to be the valiant hero who saved the IC Title for SD, instead of the guy who schmucked it all up...

And here's the thing: even though Zayn is on RAW, we'd have a situation where BOTH Miz AND Ziggler are still owed obligatory rematches. In other words: Zayn wins tonight, but there are still many routes for the IC belt to end up back on SD. My personal favorite idea: Zayn vs. Ziggler vs. Miz Ladder Match at TLC. Ziggler wins, and HIM being a hero works much better.

Of course, they could still change things up tonight, and just add Ziggler into the match to get his contractual rematch out of the way. As I said back on Tuesday, if that happens, SteFoley would almost certainly say "NO FAIR, that's 2-on-1 in favor of SD!" In which case, Rusev is right there, with nothing else to do tonight..... Fatal Fourway, anyone?

Logistically, the debut of "205 Live" on Tuesdays at 10pm means the Cruisers switching to SD makes all the sense in the world. It's almost so obvious that I am tempted to pick Kendrick to retain... I mean, RAW is still 3 hours and benefits more from having guys capable of putting on awesome 15+ minute matches every week, right? And it's not like there's a huge cost associated with flying the crew in for 2 nights, instead of 1, right? And they've set up Rich Swann with two wins over Kendrick, so those two have a ready-made feud with Kalisto coming in and mucking it all up, right?

Yeah..... so..... it's stupid double secret reverse psychology on my part, but I pick Kendrick to retain, allowing RAW to claim a really big night (2-to-1 in the elimination matches, keep CW Title, add IC Title), before their hubris proves to be their undoing in the bigger picture (maybe Shane/Bryan poach a top RAW star? how about Shane getting one up on Lesnar somehow, and then says "Hey, if you want to do something about it, you gotta jump to SD," and Heyman makes it happen)...

I'd be just fine with RAW throwing out a bonus Cruiserweight Match for the preshow, and SD offering up Kane vs. Luke Harper, or something like that. Of course, all that depends on Ziggler (and maybe Rusev) being added to the main card. Who knows? And really, who even does more than just put the preshow on in the background and pay half-attention to it, at this point, anyway? With the PPV, proper, being 4+ hours, that 5th hour is even more optional, if you ask me...

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MayhemNX
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1771
Registered 11-18-2006
Location Web City

Mood: Bitey

posted on 11-20-2016 at 10:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not too many predictions that I have for tonight, not that I ever do. But one idea I did have was with Bray and Braun being on separate teams, at some point they're tagged in when the others left are exhausted or just not fully with it, then attacking both teams, perhaps with Harper and Rowan's help. Leaving with something like "Together or apart, we're always family.."

Quantum Fetish Mechanics: The act of thinking up a new type of fetish causes that fetish to exist. Someone probably has a website dedicated to it. Schrodinger's cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by peanut butter and elbows.

Nobledictator1278
Fella

Posts 476
Registered 4-9-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-20-2016 at 10:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think UT costs Goldberg over Brock because if he can't be Brock neither can anyone else. Setting up WM UT vs Goldberg
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: safety danse

posted on 11-20-2016 at 10:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Men - RAW wins, as much to some kind of devious fuckery from AJ as from what the RAW guys do
Tag - RAW wins, clearly superior teams on all levels
Women - SD wins because they have the better team even if RAW has the two biggest stars in Sasha and Charlotte (Bayley's generally OK, but Nia & Alicia are basically useless)
Cruisers - Kalisto and SD gets the division (that no one gives a shit about)
Miz vs Zayn - Sami, after angry stabbed-in-the-back interference by Dolph against Miz
Goldberg vs Brekkk - Goldberg, just to go against the grain, and because his time with WWE is limited; be kind of interesting to have "the man Brock Lesnar couldn't beat" even if the first fight between the two of them is something the entire industry wants to forget ever happened.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3202
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-20-2016 at 11:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MayhemNX
Not too many predictions that I have for tonight, not that I ever do. But one idea I did have was with Bray and Braun being on separate teams, at some point they're tagged in when the others left are exhausted or just not fully with it, then attacking both teams, perhaps with Harper and Rowan's help. Leaving with something like "Together or apart, we're always family.."

This is totally in play.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4563
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-20-2016 at 11:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just can't see that... Undertaker isn't going to lose to Goldberg in Texas, at Wrestlemania, and Goldberg isn't going to drop two in a row.

I think they kind of have to give a definite winner... Goldberg took the last one, and the WWE needs to protect Brock... having a guy come off the bench after 12 years who while fondly remembered in the moment, isn't a guy you are going to wring more than another match or two out of.

I do think the match will be a bit better than expected; the two of them have enough pride that they would likely want to expunge memories of WM XX out of the collective consciousness.. it will probably be heavily booked to cover for any Goldberg limitations (and honestly, Brock limitations as well... kind of sick of suplex city)... I think the rumoured Brock wins, but Goldberg is the one standing tall at the end is as good of finish as any. Flip side is Goldberg wins, but Brock makes his presence felt in some other way later in the night.

As for the rest... I'm a bit out of the loop. Tonight will probably feature some work going towards the Royal Rumble and some biggish match there. Steph' is a heel, so I'd be inclined to say they win as that generally makes for better storytelling... but I think you give this one to SD so that they seem as capable and important as Raw... They've done a better job of making SD look to be Raw's equal now, but I think there's still a lot of years worth of "B" show dirt that was slung on them, that a win at something like this wouldn't be a bad thing.

diablo_dor
Showstopper

Posts 546
Registered 1-11-2010

Mood: confuffled

posted on 11-20-2016 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kane pinned Luke Harper.

I wish I didnít have to type that 40 odd days from 2017.....

Clear eyes full heart can't lose

Win if you can lose if you must, but always cheat!

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4563
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-21-2016 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Charlotte is in terrific shape, but something about her outfit that makes her look like she's muffin topping it...

Nice to see the ladies get the opening match; some of the entrances (Naomi) were pretty neat.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 11-21-2016 at 12:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sweet double suplex by Nia!

Otherwise going forward, JeriKO. Toronto. Sold.

Otherwise2, looking forward to most matches except Goldberg vs. The Aryan Ideal. Not Goldy's biggest fan, but ever since his first outstanding promo back I've been hoping for an Iron Sheik-esque fever dream humbling of Boring Lazy by Goldbrick. Because I's tired of Blechh, boss. I even find Paul Heyman, yes that Paul Heyman, promos to be getting more and more tedious if not for the Suplex City blahblahlah, then certainly for the waste of Heyman and Lesnar doing the same song and dance routine for the past two years.

Get nuts and have James Ellsworth get a fun shmozzy fluke win over him or, hey, I know have BARF do the deed for some otha brotha in need. Be a proper pro wrestler or get off the fucking pitch, mate.

#FuckBrock

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-21-2016 at 12:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Then again I thought Hilary Clinton was going to win too. What happened to Nikki? One of the twins deflate at a most inconvenient time?

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2016 at 12:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Then again I thought Hilary Clinton was going to win too. What happened to Nikki? One of the twins deflate at a most inconvenient time?

Out of the match from a 'neck injury' due to an unknown assailant, a.k.a. John dong twist neck wrong.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4403
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-21-2016 at 12:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know if y'all are thinking too hard, or not hard enough.

Isn't the likeliest scenario that they did this so SD could initially point the fingers at Team RAW, only to have a "shocking reveal" when it turns out Nattie attacked Nikki to get onto the team.

And then, Nattie also lost a fall, so really, everything's her fault, and RAW proved nothing with that win.

Good match, regardless.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7897
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There are a lot of good ways for a bad guy to cheat to win...that was not one of them.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't think that woman believes in fair play.

Nobledictator1278
Fella

Posts 476
Registered 4-9-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well I liked it....its so slimy. I love Miz doing Daniels moves, clearly were getting Miz vs Daniel Bryan at WM.

[Edited on 11-21-2016 by Nobledictator1278]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pour les haineux...

Nobledictator1278
Fella

Posts 476
Registered 4-9-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Its pretty cool that WWE has 10 legit tag teams to even do this match. Not to mention they have more that aren't even involved or are in NXT. WWE has come a long way in last couple years with their tag team scene.
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And ....New Day Walks.

That was kind of random.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3202
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Evil Usos are 100,000 times more entertaining than the good guy Usos.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The 'order of eliminations' was a bit weird there, or something? I didn't figure we'd end up with THOSE two teams at the end.

"At this point Brock is so bulletproof, they could fucking crucify him and he would kick out before the third day." -- ulsterphil

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1668
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-21-2016 at 01:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Count Zero
The 'order of eliminations' was a bit weird there, or something? I didn't figure we'd end up with THOSE two teams at the end.

As those are the two teams most likely to be No. 1 contenders on their respective brands, there's a certain logic to it. Though I'll agree it was unexpected.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top