The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lucha Underground Season 3
stedanko
rOOkie

Posts 26
Registered 11-24-2014

Mood:

posted on 7-5-2017 at 10:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slade
Does anyone know if he got injured in a match outside of the Temple around the time they were filming season three?

Yep, he broke his jaw at one of the tapings early on in season 3. It's why he's been largely absent from matches so far. I think they've mixed in some stuff recorded later on and moved it up earlier in the tv season to try and bridge the gap as much as possible.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

Mood: Oolitic

posted on 7-13-2017 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A little weird at the end of the show this week, with the sort of light-hearted crowd chanting not quite matching up to the more serious tone they were trying to set with Marty and Fenix.

Melissa's just so damn cute, though.

I liked the back stage interaction between Fenix and Aero Star for some reason. Casual time travel ribs amongst friends and all.

Taya getting massacred was the right thing to do, I guess, but they're really going to have to work to keep her a heel. The crowd likes her too much.

London's match against MM was....an interesting clash of styles. I liked the beginning and end.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 8-10-2017 at 07:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Spoilers, episode 30: ITS HER MOM!!!!!!

Didn't see that coming, but it makes perfect sense.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 8-18-2017 at 03:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ep 31: Hell of an ending brawl.
Had a very ECW feel to it, while being 100% LU at the same time.
Dario's reactions were perfect.

Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Dusseldorf, Germany

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 8-30-2017 at 06:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've been way behind on Lucha Underground all summer. I feel about six weeks behind, then watched about one a day for a week before Takeover and Summerslam happened, at which point I stopped again. Right now, I've just finished watching the Cueto Cup quarterfinals and the two weeks of matches where Rey Mysterio faced PJ Black and then Johnny Mundo took on El Dragon Azteca Jr. I'm glad Mundo won clean.

Some observations from the last 5 or 6 episodes:

- PJ Black just had the two best matches that I've ever seen him work, versus Prince Puma and Rey Mysterio Jr. I've never thought he was a bad wrestler, but I never saw him have a match that I thought was a step above being generally good. These two were wonderful, and I don't think his opponents deserve all the credit. I think he really stepped it up.

- Dante Fox is really, really, really good. Like, it is insane how good he is. He's so good! Dante Fox vs. Son of Havoc and Dante Fox vs. Prince Puma were among my favourite matches of the Cueto Cup.

- The other matche that stands out to me as having been awesome as fuck was Jeremiah Crane vs. Killshot.

- Drago is great. I think this story where he's being controlled by Kobra Moon has potential, but the two other guys aren't that good and I now dread any time that Kobra Moon and one of the other reptile tribe luchadores is on screen.

- Famous B, Brenda and Texano is something that I want to see more of.

- I also want to see more of the Rabbit Tribe looking up to Mascarita Sagrada as their god. I loved it when he gave them a lucky rabbit's foot.

- I'm digging Prince Puma's slow turn to the dark side.

- I'm really looking forward to Pentagon DARK vs. Mil Muertes and Fénix vs. Prince Puma. Those are some kick ass semi-final matchups.

"Love is making out with someone after you've blown a load on his/her face." - Dan Savage

Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 9-1-2017 at 10:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have finished watching the semi-finals of the Cueto Cup. I'm disappointed that both matches, which I was really excited to see, weren't clean. I get wanting to protect Fénix and especially Mil Muertes, but neither guy would be harmed from losing clean. In fact, with Pentagon DARK and Mil Muertes, they could have done the exact same ending sequence with Catrina getting knocked out cold as explanation enough for why Mil Muertes was powerless to kick out at the end. Anyhow, it has felt like there has been way more interference during the Cueto Cup than usual. It is starting to feel excessive.

On the bright side, the show ending brawl with half the locker room was extremely fun. I enjoyed that quite a lot. It did everything it had to do to maintain my excitement for Mundo vs. Mysterio and Puma vs. Pentagon, which I'll watch over the weekend.

I also like that Mil Muertes vs. Cage is coming down the line soon. I would imagine that Ultima Lucha Tres isn't far off, and so I think this is a match that will probably be featured on that card. I anticipate the build up to that event will beginning immediately following the conclusion of the Cueto Cup. I'll know soon enough, as I'll be watching that one in the next few days, too. I should be caught up by next week's show.

"Love is making out with someone after you've blown a load on his/her face." - Dan Savage

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 9-9-2017 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The five oh street fight this week was more fun than it had any right to be.

RIP Joey's nuts.

Good to see Matantha back as well.

And good to see the crowd still shitting all over luchasaurus. He's terrible.

PB-13
Showstopper

Posts 892
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 9-9-2017 at 06:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

-PB
RIP My Friend Mark, 1991-2016

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
First 9
The Rowdy One

Posts 2833
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 9-11-2017 at 02:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
El Jefe is fucking incredible.
Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 9-11-2017 at 10:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dario Cueto is GOD!

Also, I loved the five-0 Street Fight. Seeing Agent Reyes win was very satisfying. Seeing Joey Ryan's crotch burned and electrocuted was also very satisfying.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 9-15-2017 at 12:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Episode 35...

The chair throw into airborne Rey was bru-tal.

I was convinced one of the Believers in a mask was going to be revealed to be Dominic and he would run in to save his dad at the end.

Shows you what I know.

It will be interesting to see how Ms Santos does in her first match next week. I hope it's good.

The backstage gauntlet fight was...interesting. If a bit continuity breaking since Dario didn't have it later.

Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 9-19-2017 at 01:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There was no problem with continuity. Dario Cueto picked up the gauntlet unseen. Presumably, he stashed it away somewhere safe. What his plans are for it? Who knows! However, it makes more sense that he didn't go out to the ring with it, otherwise he would have made himself the target of whichever luchador walked away from that brawl. Dario Cueto isn't stupid.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 9-22-2017 at 04:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Melissa Santos' Vampyra-like entrance made me feel strange, but also good.
lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 9-28-2017 at 08:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ultima Lucha 3.1

Good holy jebus the 3 falls Killshot/Dante Fox match was brutal.

I mean, on the one hand first blood matches never make sense because logically all they should be doing is trying to scratch each other the whole time. But damn.

If you like bloody garbage matches with more broken glass than is easy to comprehend, this is your show.

Il Palazzo
Showstopper

Posts 618
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 9-30-2017 at 04:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I quite enjoyed that myself. Another nice spot to me was what I guess was a C4 off the ropes maybe halfway through the match? Where they both jumped to the top rope on either side of the corner and pulled it off. Kind of a cool thing overall, but perhaps more because one of them almost slipped off right before pulling it off. That looked like it could've gone crazy wrong. And yet, EXCITEMENT. Now if the rest of the season can hold up to that level, I'll be more than happy.

You did it, Nibbles. Now chew through my ball sack.

Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 10-3-2017 at 09:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought the hip toss that Famous B took from half way up the stairs to the concrete floor was hardcore, but then the Hell of War match happened and really put that to shame several times over.

I am happy that Famous B won the match and will be Texano's manager if a new season of Lucha Underground comes to pass.

As for the Hell of War match, I enjoyed most of it. I don't like seeing guys go through plates of glass and get powerbombed into barbed wire. Killshot and Dante Fox really took it to the limit. Props to them for being willing to do things that I would never be willing to do. Apart from a few uncomfortable moments for me, I liked the story they told, and I felt the match came to a satisfying conclusion.

If Fox ever finds his way into WWE, I think he has what it takes to go straight to the top.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 10-3-2017 at 07:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I am happy that Famous B won the match and will be Texano's manager if a new season of Lucha Underground comes to pass.

He's going to have to change his name to Tayhawno. It'll be brilliant.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
I quite enjoyed that myself. Another nice spot to me was what I guess was a C4 off the ropes maybe halfway through the match? Where they both jumped to the top rope on either side of the corner and pulled it off. Kind of a cool thing overall, but perhaps more because one of them almost slipped off right before pulling it off. That looked like it could've gone crazy wrong.

Yeah, I think Dante ended up doing it one footed. Which is f-ing nuts.

[Edited on 10-3-2017 by lz4005]

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 10-5-2017 at 05:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
UL3.2

The Fenix/Moth match. Wow.

It got surprisingly...emotional at the end.
Like, I understood the guy they cut to in the audience who was crying.
WTF, man? What has this show done to me?

Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 10-10-2017 at 12:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, I was emotionally invested in the outcome of that match. That was superbly written!

Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 10-18-2017 at 06:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I really enjoyed that ladder match between Pentagon DARK and Son of Havoc. I would have been happy with either one of them winning the Gift of the Gods. I think Pentagon DARK is the guy that you need to push to the moon, so if you are hoping for a fourth season to happen, putting the strap on him was the right call.

Tonight's finale is 2 hours. With only three matches on the show, I can only assume this means that a larger than usual portion of the show will involve things that cannot be resolved in the ring. I also think it means that Johnny Mundo and Prince Puma are going to have a match that lasts about an hour. And I can't help wonder whether Rey Mysterio Jr. reemerges from wherever the Cuetos took him. It is hard to imagine that we saw the last of him on the 100th episode of Lucha Underground.

I'm pumped for this show. I hope it won't be the last one.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 10-18-2017 at 01:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm pumped for this show. I hope it won't be the last one.

Rumor is they've gotten financing for season 4 but it is significantly less than what they had for season 3.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1553
Registered 11-11-2003

posted on 10-19-2017 at 09:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Episode 40, Season Finale, Ultima Lucha 3.3

That was satisfying.

The three way match was bloody and great.

The cage match was interesting, if nothing else.

Great match between Puma and Mundo all the way around. Including the ref spot.

The match between Puma and Pentagon would have been good if I hadn't been spoiled as to the outcome months ago.

Great to see King Cuerno promised back for season 4, as well as Anjelico.

And to see that stupid fucking snake dude get killed. If only they took out Luchasaurus at the same time. They were awful.

And we finally saw Skeletor. For whatever that's worth. Could he be the same evil boss of bosses who wants the powerglove?

We'll have to wait and see, true believers.

RIP El Jefe (maybe).

Il Palazzo
Showstopper

Posts 618
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 10-19-2017 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was also pleased with things. That three-way match was fuuuuuuun. But then, those guys are all really great the majority of the time, so I expected about as much.

You know, I haven't had too many issues with the Snake Tribe guys. They do what they do well enough as far as I could ever tell. And it was interesting that they took out the one guy and not the other/both. Also, yet another body to add to LU's slowly rising body count. While the weirdness of it all could definitely be off-putting to some for sure, there's something very amusing to me about a wrestling program that periodically has people "die." I think I still go with Lorenzo Lamas getting his head exploded as the pinnacle of goofy deaths to date, just because it was Lorenzo Lamas.

The one thing I was let down by? Angelico pops up again, but we don't get a crazy leap from somewhere. I'd almost thought he might get involved again after chasing off whoever by appearing up in the rafters or somewhere else and taking a shot at Mundo.

Now to just sit back and hope we get another season and that nothing gets mauled in the process if they do indeed have a more limited budget.

You did it, Nibbles. Now chew through my ball sack.

Slade
The Great One

Posts 3980
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 11-5-2017 at 10:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree with the sentiments that the 2-hour finale to Ultima Lucha Tres was thoroughly satisfying.

All of the big surprised hit the mark for me - especially the return of King Cuerno.

Mil Muertes vs. Cage vs. Jeremiah Crane was an outstanding match and probably my favourite one of the entire event. Mind you, Prince Puma vs. Johnny Mundo was as great as ever. The cage match was fine. The overhead belly-to-belly through the cage spot was an awesome visual.

It'll be sad to see Prince Puma go, but I can't begrudge a guy for wanting to earn more money.

The ending was a great cliffhanger or series finale. I mean, if we never get another episode of this TV show, then we can chalk it up to the end of Dario Cueto. The Temple and everything in it dies with him.

And if we get another season, he best not be dead. In my view, Dario Cueto is the most indispensable character on the show. There are plenty of luchadores that I cannot imagine not returning, but I could swallow losing them a whole lot easier than I can swallow losing El Jefe!

niles81
Fella

Posts 425
Registered 1-16-2013
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 11-5-2017 at 01:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Solid outing but I was unfortunately spoiled by Twitter with the Pentagon Dark twist. It sucked a bit of the drama out of the main event for me.

That said - the Cuerno return was awesome! Did not see that coming in the slightest!

I've been hearing rumblings that season 4 is close to a deal but I've been hearing those rumblings since July. I figure it's best to take it with a grain of salt.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top