The Immortal One
Member Is OfflineMood:
| posted on 8-24-2016 at 05:12 PM||
|Evolution of Punk|
So, there is a documentary style show on FS1 detailing CM Punk's start in MMA to his fight against Gall at UFC 203. He isn't an active
wrestler so I don't think this fits on main board. Either way, I figured it might be of some interest some of you.
I watched the first episode. Here are my take aways:
* Punk said that if MMA was as popular in the 1980's as wrestling was his life would have taken a different turn
* They showed Punk's early training. He looked shitty. I'm sure they edited that to make him look bad to show his progression, but he was
getting rocked pretty hard and was getting really frustrated.
* AJ Lee played pretty prominently. She also looked damned good.
* Punk talked a bit about his difficult upbringing and his introduction to Straight Edge.
* The show concluded with Punk's first sparring session after two months of training. He lost the first round on points and tapped out from a
reverse naked choke in the second round. He tapped in the third round to a cross armbar.
"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"