The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Poll: Disgust vs greed
<$1 3 (0%) -»
$1 2 (0%) -»
$5 3 (0%) -»
$10 1 (0%) -»
$20 1 (0%) -»
>$20 0 (0%) -»
No amount 0 (0%) -»
mabey 1 (0%) -»
Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Disgust vs greed
OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 5-18-2016 at 05:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Disgust vs greed

After what happened at work I have a question for the group. What is the smallest amount of money you will pick up off of a public bathroom floor?

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: safety danse

posted on 5-18-2016 at 05:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
$5, with both the bill and hands being thoroughly washed afterwards, possibly even with kerosene if required. But that's only if it's on the floor. If it's stuck in something brown then, even if it's $1000 bill, it's staying where it is.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 5-18-2016 at 06:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did you fish nickels out of the urinal again and need some sort of validation that that was ok?

EDIT: I voted $5 as well. I'd probably leave it in my jeans pocket and put it through the wash, though.

[Edited on 5-18-2016 by williamssl]

Don't Mess With Texas

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 5-18-2016 at 06:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I voted for $20.

The story at work is that a co-worker came to my desk to tell me that he saw a $5 on the floor in the men's room. He left it behind, and I stayed at my desk until nature called 20 minutes later at which point the bill was gone.

On a related question is do you pick up your change if it falls out of your pocket while on the shitter?

ETA: Hard to believe I'm Jewish...

[Edited on 5-18-2016 by OOMike]

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 5-18-2016 at 06:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I never carry change around with me. I only and very rarely have it if I do a cash transaction that produces change, but I'm 95% cards and other e-payment vehicles.

I think we have a dollar in change all over our garage floor that's been sitting there for months.

Don't Mess With Texas

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 5-18-2016 at 08:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would amend the original vs. question to Disgust vs. Greed vs. Opportunism because hey, there ain't no free lunches in this world. If a little scrubbing action can earn you a buck? Sure, why not. I mean it would have to be contextualized, of course. Is the bill or coin stuck to a corn-filled barker or lounging in a pool of piss? Or is it just laying on the oddly damp-for-no-particular-reason floor? Meh, a dollar's a dollar. Provided I don't have any major cuts on my hands, just take it over to the sink and warsh the sumbitch off. Coins are inherently antibacterial overall, but certainly not if they're the tortilla chip to a dook salsa. Probably just leave those for the bums.

My life has literally been shit-covered at times so none of that stuff really bothers me. When I was in high school I distinctly remember having a hard time scooping some cat litter that had grafted itself to the side of the shitter box so I powered down and put some tension to the scoop and then promptly arced a turd and solid wad of pissclump right into my mouth. I worked at a state park one summer during college and one of my jobs was cleaning out the restrooms. On one occasion I found three distinct sets of turd formations encircling one toilet bowl with one of the piles actually on the seat as though the other two were imploring it not to jump in as it had so much to live for like its friends sitting there on the concrete. On another occasion, I walked into the ladies room and someone had palmed their own natural brown crayon and proceeded to scribble profanities all over a 10 x 10 white concrete wall. Currently, I have to help change my Old Man's diapers and frequently help clean areas he can't get to when shit goes bad figuratively and literally.

Agayn, just make sure you don't have any cuts on your hands and make fucking bank.

This is the greatest poll I've ever seen since I've been coming here. Thank you, Mike. Thank you.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12740
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 5-18-2016 at 09:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess that depends on how public the bathroom is. Like, my office bathroom, I'd pick up a quarter - but that's because I know when that bathroom gets mopped every day. The bathroom at Nordstrom? I'd take a fiver from the floor. Their bathrooms are usually pretty damn good. The bathroom down at Pike Place Market? It's going to have to be a least $20 for me to even bend down for anything in that smelly place.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2516
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 5-18-2016 at 10:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bout tree fiddy.
merc
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1514
Registered 2-23-2006
Location New England

Mood: GO PATS!!!

posted on 5-19-2016 at 03:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'll pick up a heads up penny anywhere. Capitalistic bastard that I am.

"I wish sarcasm was available as a font." John Stuart Mill

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8316
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 5-19-2016 at 06:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
I worked at a state park one summer during college and one of my jobs was cleaning out the restrooms.

Jesus... on a list of things I would never, ever want to clean, public park restroom would be in the top ten. I'll never understand why people go to public bathrooms, and think it's just peachy to spray piss and shit everywhere, as if their urethras and buttholes are like this. A park toilet seems like it would be especially wretched, though.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 5-19-2016 at 06:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nothing good ever happens in parks. Not sure why.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 5-19-2016 at 06:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
quote:
I worked at a state park one summer during college and one of my jobs was cleaning out the restrooms.

Jesus... on a list of things I would never, ever want to clean, public park restroom would be in the top ten. I'll never understand why people go to public bathrooms, and think it's just peachy to spray piss and shit everywhere, as if their urethras and buttholes are like this. A park toilet seems like it would be especially wretched, though.

Ahh, the Summer of '96. Poe Springs State Park. Lovely place, really. Rural. On a river. Quite charming. No real incidents of anyone wilding or trashing the place...except for the goddamn bathrooms. They were close to the river and kind of a halfway point for canoe/kayak launches on the way to the private park a few miles away. There was no real policing it due to the small staff and no real telling of who went where. On the "lighter" side, some people would take these neat little poops right next to the fucking toilet like those balanced rock formations you see on nature hikes next to streams and rivers. As in, they'd have to squat down while at least holding the side of the bowl for balance. And no paper wadded up so I assumed they either didn't wipe their arse or somehow assumed the toilet was only for paper. I ain't never seen no Pakis come in the park so perhaps it was some kind of redneck etiquette I was unaccustomed to. Regardless, on the "darker" side...

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 5-19-2016 at 07:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I assume this is the same reason why school janitors are one of the job-holders most likely to annihilate their family one day, set the house on fire, and then commit suicide.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8316
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 5-19-2016 at 07:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
On the "lighter" side, some people would take these neat little poops right next to the fucking toilet like those balanced rock formations you see on nature hikes next to streams and rivers.

There's something vaguely Blair Witchy about that. Some supernatural entity was leaving poop cairns in the bathroom.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

blazeofglory
And I am AWESOME

Posts 157
Registered 4-30-2008

Mood: Legendary

posted on 5-19-2016 at 02:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I went with mabey as it is a decision based on multiple factors:

1. The facility - never touch anything on the bathroom floor at the county fair or at "the Walmarts" as some folks like to call it

2. The denomination - I'm happy to get the kind of money that jingles, but I'd rather get the kind that folds.

3. The proximity to nastiness - in our yearly safety meetings related to infectious diseases and such, we have a rule... "If it's wet and it's not yours, don't touch it." The willingness to bend this rule is of course in direct proportion to the denomination.

4. The likelihood that its someone playing a joke and I'm going to find out that I was being recorded picking up that Hamilton out of the puddle of piss on the floor only to later discover it was actually a fake.

I haven't seen anywhere near the kind of disgusting stuff that Janerd is talking about, but I work at a college, so I've seen my share. One would think that once one gets to be an "adult" that people could control their bodily functions and associated parts better than the average 2 year old, but apparently no, no they can't.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 5-19-2016 at 03:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Nothing good ever happens in parks. Not sure why.

Not even British car parks?

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 5-19-2016 at 03:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Judging by the look of the chavs and footie hooligans the Brits are cursed with I imagine that some of their public terlits have more than a few stories to tell. There was a Hellblazer comic issue where John and Chaz went to a futbol game. They went to the men's for a leak at the half. Someone told Chaz to wash his hands when he was done and he came back with something like "no way, my dick is cleaner than anything else in here, including the soap". Human males are horrible creatures, and they do weird things in places where they congregate without supervision.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3088
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 5-19-2016 at 06:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've been to the bathroom in Heathrow. It was not the best introduction to England.

$5.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top