The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Extreme SJW's
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 5-12-2016 at 04:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Extreme SJW's

Rerouting from this thread:

http://oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=30929&page=3

Because Janerd wants you to enjoy your hate responsibly. I think there was another thread like this or elements of it wrapped up in another, but this yowling, entitled, deranged shit seems to be hitting critical mass hard enough to warrant its own thread now.

This certainly isn't a woman bashing thread. On the contrary, I think creatures like the ones below and their absurd behavior actually harm women far more than they help as they reinforce the image melange of ladies as irrational, shrill, puritanical, hysterical, no-nonsense shrews who should be tuned out and ignored. Because these creatures should be, not the gals that have run into actual hardships in relationships or the workplace.

Here, I transcribed the above "lesson" for easier picking, much like her on the carcasses of rats behind the dumpsters at Sonic she feeds from, because evil capitalism demands she pay for her meals, something something fatphobia.

1. Awareness of sizeism and how it operates as a system of oppression and its intersections with capitalism, white supremacy. and patriarchy. I.e. thinness as a beauty standard is actually about the hatred of fatness.

2. Fatness has little to nothing to do with health.

3. Health is NOT a moral obligation, nor is it entirely within our control.

4. Address fatphobia in our spaces, especially in food justice/sustainable food movements.

5. Work to combat sizeism and prioritize Fat Liberation as a part of radical movements

Please, allow me:

1. There are tons of places throughout the non-western world that don't practice eeeeeeeeeeevil capitalism, with nary an alabaster skinned honkaloid around, but certainly do have a patriarchal system in place that heinously oppresses women. Trigglypuff should probably sell her wares there and see how far up the chain of command she gets before the local Imam stops laughing and sets the peaceful rock tossing brigade upon her. And remember kids, all that work you do in the gym to improve your overall heath and wellbeing, to strengthen your bones and muscles, to look better in a mirror and/or for your genital dance parties with your friends, neighbors, and family members is solely about the hatred of fatty fatty two by fours. Uh huh.

2. I have no idea how to even make a joke aboot that one. Seriously, I'll leave it up to you guys. Nope, wait, ahh inspirado...

- Heavy smoking has little to nothing to do with lung cancer.
- Heavy drinking has little to nothing to do with liver disease.
- Gay sex has little to nothing to do with dudes putting their dingdongs in other dudes mouths or buttholes.
- Lesbo sex has little to nothing to do with chicks slapping clams and doing the mucous mambo.

3. My lazy fat fuck cousin in Wisconsin should be happy to hear that as she and her hydrocephalic idiot son drain the last of my uncle's savings he worked hard to accumulate his whole life as she continues to sit idly in his home rent free and weighing in at around 350+ complaining that she's too "stressed" and "anxious" to find a job. But not too stressed to demand money from him to go make a couple of Culvers runs per day. Your own health, to the best of your abilities (and necessarily excluding children, elderly, which my uncle is, and those poor souls that can't take care of themselves) is most certainly a goddamn moral obligation you unctuous remora. Life requires effort, toots, so get movin'.

4. Shiiiit, gonna need the inspirado on this one agayn. Is she asking for Micky D's to be personally rammed down her gullet like a Union soldier frantically re-loading a musket at Gettysburg or have it pre-chewed and hocked into her gaping, insatiable maw by some beta male White Knight because having to move around is considered Hutt-phobic or antifatologist or whatever delusion du jour people are supposed to take seriously now? Or that she needs garage doors installed everywhere instead of standard 32" wide doors in houses because the sexist contractor's plans didn't account for marine mammals Kool-Aid-manning themselves through the fucking house walls to get to the Shangri La that is the fridge containing only multiple liters of pop and Costco sized boxes of Bagel Bites?

5. I'm assuming this one means retrofitting KC-135's as passenger jets so her and a couple of friends can fly safely judgment-free and snugly to the nearest Golden Corral? CORRAL, CORAL!!! Maybe throw in some burpees when you're combating sizeism to liberate the fucking fat off your otherwise useless person and possibly cut the problem off at its source, eh? Radical concept I know, honey.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff. *whew* Just...just gimmie aboot 15 minutes to recuperate and I'll be able to go another round. In the meantime...

And before anyone freaks, no I of course don't hate fat chicks. Hell, the nicest gal I ever took on a trip to Poundtown weighed more than I did at around 200lbs. (That's, like, 47.8392 Crumpets in non-Freedom Units for all you wankours) Yeah, it was like moving a heavy couch without a buddy's help, but once that thing was set, I proceeded to fuck said couch and it was quite delighful. And it wasn't like one of those cheap pleather couches either. It was more like the nice cool and slippery leather ones you can wipe jizz easily off of after the sin session's complete. See, that story right there is proof I care.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4563
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 5-13-2016 at 01:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Speaking as a big guy my take on it is thus: Most fat people need to get over it.

In saying that, there are some nice to haves that would be appreciated... a bit more diversity in clothing for the big folks, as some of what we get to choose from is only a step or two about the tarp level of style. Hell, even if I was in tip top shape I'm about 60 inches in the shoulders, so buying clothes is a pain... throw in a long torso and fat gut, and well there's not a whole lot out there. Fatties tired of wearing a burlap sack everyday... Kidding, I can still pull off a fashionable look, but it tends to cost me a heck of a lot more. Now I will say this, I think the clothing thing for big guys is a bit more of a problem here in Canada, as when I head down to Buffalo from time to time I tend to fare a lot better in the selection and price department.

If I'm also going to have my way when it comes to the whole fat thing, it'd be that we are capable of being more than just comedic side kick in movies... yeah maybe no one is aching for Kevin James as your romantic or action movie lead, but some of us biggun's are lithe on our feet, and can move better than at a wheezing sloth like pace... I know Hollywood likes it's ultra hot cut dudes, but there's enough movies thrown out there that a bit of diversity wouldn't hurt... hell, it might even add a bit of realism if the next movie to feature some altruistic government employee uncovering an international conspiracy only to be targeted by a shadowy secret agency was a portly desk clerk instead of Chris Hemsworth.... also, fatty wants to get the girl!

An extra inch or two in some seating, be it movie theatres, hockey arena's, or airplanes wouldn't be the end of the world either.... here's betting even thin people wouldn't mind that.

So there are some legit complaints out there.... maybe not so much with the cries of fat shaming thing every time someone makes an off hand remark, but more with the reality that there are a lot of big people out there, and if we're getting ads from Swiffer targeting one armed men in bi-racial families, or Chef Boyardee marketing to gay dads (silly Chef, gay's don't eat canned pasta), maybe some positive media for big dudes is a bit over due.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 5-13-2016 at 03:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To clarify some of the jerkass things I wrote above while I was on a bath salt bender, I'm more concerned aboot SJW's co-opting legitimate issues (be it rape, fatness, police brutality, not knowing what genitalia go in which bathroom, etc.) certain people may or may not have and transforming them into a singular shrieking P.C. ideology of perpetual victimhood that is utterly sacrosanct and never ever to be questioned for any reason whatsoever. Wanna know why Trumpstain is so popular across such a broad spectrum of people? There's your tragic goddamned answer. Or at least one of the main ones, but I digress.

And to further clarify, I notice a lot of this shit is dreamt up by chicks that wouldn't know a STEM class unless it stood for Stalking Terrorizing and Eviscerating Men and the credits counted towards a Womyn's Studies degree, which as we all know is a prerequisite for learning how to turn a wrench and being eminently employable across a broad range of jobs. And what the shit is a Women's Studies degree anywho? I figure they could just squat over a mirror for 30 straight days or so and that should cover at least 50% of their grade, but I digress agayn.

Weird, it's almost as though men and women evolved to be fundamentally different. Two halves becoming an important part of a whole (or a-hole, whatevs) when they so choose. I'm waiting with baited breath for a #FatGuysMatter campaign but that seems highly unlikely anytime soon. Because men are pigs, don'tcha know? #smashthepatriarchythatbuiltallthiscoolshit

Lol, Janners, go fuck yourself you oversimplifying misogynistic MGTOW patriarchal shitlord H8erboi. Wait, what?

http://www.oafnation.com/hitter-feed/2015/8/21/women-in-combat-units-is-still-a-bad-idea

Man, I'm good at this because I'm sensitive to the needs of The People™. I think I'll tackle the BLM movement next.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 5-13-2016 at 03:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75

People get awards and medals and recognition far too often for what they do instead of for what they don't do. That guy deserves a medal for NOT doing this in her face the minute she started with the shrieking and continuing with it even as she walked away...

Kudos to him.

Don't Mess With Texas

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 5-13-2016 at 04:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2516
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 5-13-2016 at 03:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
I'm more concerned aboot SJW's co-opting legitimate issues (be it rape, fatness, police brutality, not knowing what genitalia go in which bathroom...

The rape aspect kills me. The unholy trinity is rape, torture, and murder. I don't take this shit lightly. I lost my virginity to a girl that was raped not too long before she met me. Yea..... Imagine how awkward a 19 year old guy is that is just discovering sex in college. Now add in a rape survivor. Sex was either fun or it resulted in her having flashbacks and well you get the picture. And that is just the start of my sexual history. Bookend that with my current girlfriend of almost three years that was also raped. Again, there were many fucked up encounters for the first year, and only now do I find that she can totally let her guard down. I've lost track of the number of times I have held a crying and shaking woman in my arms.

Two of my best guy friends have been raped by women. I get it. Rape is a real fucked up thing. And I loathe it. Of course prison rape is still a punchline on sitcoms. And I've never seen SJWs bring up rampant rape in prisons, aka State Sponsored Rape as an issue.... I digress.

So when I see people declaring others to be sexist bigots for discussing rape, and stats, it makes my blood boil. Even worse is when the word is self is used incorrectly. No. The bad man didn't fart rape you. No. The guy that took Amy Schumer's photo in public didn't rape her with a camera.

Even worse is when rape is tossed around as a means to attack someone that in no way raped. I posted a while back about the couple that got into a street brawl in NYC in front of a bar, and how the lady was upset that the bouncers didn't step in to break up brawl despite it having zero to do with them or their employer's bar. The lady took to social media and it went from "bouncers didn't help my side out" to "manager didn't get ice for my booboo" to "HEY EVERYONE! IF YOU GO TO THIS BAR YOU WILL BE RAPED!!!!!"

Utterly the most insane and disgusting shit I've seen happen with the word rape by SJWs. And what did her thousands of followers do? Denounce her idiocy? Na.... They jumped in too. They all took to Yelp and left reviews like "OMG MY FRIEND WAS RAPED HERE AND NOBODY DID NUTHIN TO STOP THE RAPING." Then they began calling the bar and threatening the staff.... the staff that had nothing to do with the brawl in any capacity. Staff that was not even there that night. Staff that is mostly female. Yep, they began calling and threatening female bartenders. BECAUSE RAPE.

And If I dare say anything about the insanity of this all online on one of the tumblrs that I run, they would try to dox me. Because.....? Patriarchy?

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 6-4-2016 at 02:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know this isn't SJW and more PC -shit, but (to me) it falls into the same overall category of people going overboard in their uppity-ness, typically associated with "extreme enlightenment".....

Linky

The fact: most of the great historical poets were white males. That Shakespeare guy. T.S. Eliot. Geoffrey Chaucer. You know -folks that are pretty much known and acknowledged by everybody, including those like me who hate poetry and verse....

How it becomes an issue: 2 required English major classes at Yale focus on poetry and their syllabus consists exclusively of these English white males

Why that's bad: see the 3 bold words above? That's why.

Here in Seattle, the dean of Seattle University was just forced out after 3 weeks of protests by students over their liberal arts education featuring "too many dead white dudes". You know...like Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates.

Look - I get the broadening view of Western Civ. Most colleges over the past decade or two have been making modifications to their curriculum to make what's studied and the literature included be less "west-centric". I firmly believe this is the right thing to do. However....you also can't swing so far as to force-remove what is essentially canon (as the first article says) in favor of satisfying a diversity check-box - diversifying for the sake of diversity.

Anyhow - off the soapbox - just saw both of these today and got frustrated at how students in "higher ed" are channeling themselves vs. taking advantage of everything that these universities have to offer for the short 4-5 years they are going to be there and at the pricetag they're paying.

Don't Mess With Texas

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003
Location Saratoga Springs, NY

Mood:

posted on 6-4-2016 at 03:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The thing that I find most shocking is the willingness to believe a lie over the truth just because the lie makes them feel better about themselves. Maybe we all do it to some degree, but the fringe left (and right, tbh) take it to a whole new level. I'm going to rant here more for myself than anyone else, heh. But it'll be slightly on topic.

I had a friend post up on Facebook the other day a meme about Hillary Clinton saying she was going to ban the NRA, and a quote from George Washington saying that banning guns or something would destroy the country. Both quotes are entirely made up. I pointed this out and left links to credible sites that debunked each. Oh, he's a Bernie Believer. So yeah, all the voting has been rigged according to him, to keep the savior out of power.

The response was nothing but anger and accusation that the sites were just propaganda (they were Scopes and politifact) and run by trolls out of a basement. And then I was told that I was focusing too much on the truth of the words and not the feeling behind them and being a douche in doing so. For what it's worth, my friend is a believer in all the usual conspiracy theories. Well, maybe not chemtrails or fake moon landings, but 9/11 and vaccines causing autism and the great UN NWO world government evidently secretly running it all. So yeah.

Anyhow, I replied that a lie isn't going to create positive change. And that there's plenty of stuff about Hillary Clinton that is true that can easily be used without having to resort to fabrications. I said that to believe a lie just because it makes you feel better is a terrible way to go about things that are important.

The fucked up thing? Both him and all of my other left-leaning friends have pretty much said that they've never voted in their lives, and see it as a badge of honor. And yet most of them still pump out a continuous stream of all of this white privilege stuff, use all the popular new stupid terms like cis and whatever, and want a $15 minimum wage to "punish the rich." Now, since the local fast food places are automating, removing most of their staff, now they want laws on the books forbidding automation, forcing companies to hire people at $15 instead. They want 'teach men not to rape' classes in school, and to change the curriculum to have an equal ratio of all minorities being represented.

All are gluten-free (because evidently all of them are "sensitive to gluten" even though that's been debunked as well), and they think all GMOs and pesticides should be banned, and that all people should be forced to farm to grow their own food. Also, free college for all, legalized drugs for all, free health care for all, free unemployment forever for all.

They constantly talk about getting together to make "real change", call each other 'brother and sister', and claim that everyone should "FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!"

But you know what? I've offered to donate time and money to organize for "real change" and get no answer back from any of them. Whenever science shows what they want to believe is true to be wrong, it's always "big Aggro or Big Pharma paying off people to skew data" or I'm just a sheep. Or "You always have to be right. Does it feel good to be right instead of being decent?" they talk of the horrible conditions of slaughterhouses, but all wear leather shoes. They talk about how they never watch tv or how Globalization is horrible, but couldn't live without their iPhones made affordable by Globalization, and all still seem to own a 40 inch or larger tv as well.

All are white, most were born and raised in upper-middle class, small town environments. And none of them see the fucking hypocrisy in everything they say and do.

Yeah, I don't talk to a certain element of my friends that much anymore.

Anyhow, thanks for anyone that read my whine session about my friends. But my main annoyance is the belief that we shouldn't be seeking what is "true" but rather what is "morally decent" when we live our lives. Because an uncomfortable truth makes them recoil visibly, and so instead they talk for hours about the same debunked lies in regards to gender wage gaps and how a women president would achieve world peace or something.

To me, that's the most dangerous aspect of the SJW movement. The belief that a comfortable lie is somehow better for society than the truth. And that those that seek the uncomfortable truth should be punished for it, and punished more if they actually try to use it in a debate against them. It's a scary fucking society when typing more than a paragraph gets you attacked, when showing basic critical thinking gets you attacked, and when reporting what really happened gets you ostracized all in the hope that a shared lie will somehow make everything perfect.

[Edited on 6-4-2016 by Quentil]

merc
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1514
Registered 2-23-2006
Location New England

Mood: GO PATS!!!

posted on 6-4-2016 at 03:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tex,

Fundamental flaw in your thinking. "Dead white dudes" then you name some Greeks.

In typical merc curiosity I checked out the Greek bonafides on being white...HOLD THE PHONE...don't assume typical merc sarcasm accompanies...

(And specific to DP, sarcasm I am often guilty of , but I deny snarkyness you Bronco loving, basamic douche... Er, submissive to autocorrect gentleman... I save my vile dismissive nature for only one asswipe on these boards. You sir, I have respect for your well thought out and reason posts. And if OO had a serious as fuck emoji it would be here.)

But I have digressed! Dead white dudes = dead Greek dudes. True or false?

I offer up some Euro thought on the matter:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/history/398565-greeks-considered-white-people-4.html

Then I turn to the great State of Kentucky for too fucking deep for me analysis:

http://www.unz.com/article/what-race-were-the-greeks-and-romans/

And when all is said and done, what flippin bigot is saying that Aristotle and Socrates (or insert your favorite dead assumed white dude before pictures could document skin tone) must have been white. I denounce any of those Assclowns as imposing their bias on my favorite multicultural heroes of years long ago. Based on what I just read, it is unlikely someone can prove that those great minds were, in fact held in a white body.

The shame is on the spineless administrators unwilling to carry new thought into battle. That doomed King George's army, the Third Reich and perhaps the US of A in its war on terror.

I'll leave it to Jan and Co. to GIF or meme the shit out of the concept. There is (surprisingly more) beer to be drunk!

"I wish sarcasm was available as a font." John Stuart Mill

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: safety danse

posted on 6-4-2016 at 03:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quentil...lots of good points....

The only mistake that you made was that you assumed you were in a discussion with reasonable respectful people. You weren't. You were wasting your energy and time on ideologues, and ideologues don't do reason or respect. All ideology, whether from the left or the right, is about defeating an enemy through mockery of their viewpoints and demonization of them as individuals. I see no difference at all between the conspiracy kooks or Black Live Matter. It's not a matter of making society better or the government more accountable. It's about using insult and intimidation to shut down dissent. And shutting down dissent is something only an ideologue would regard as the correct thing to do.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 6-4-2016 at 05:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Paddlefoot, that there was a ridiculously good post that summed up a lot of vague feelings into a better-defined understanding. I might even Facebook it. Because I'm a tard like that sometimes.

I think the difficulty I have in accepting this is because these people have been my friends for decades at this point. Somewhere in the 1990s when I met them at various workplaces or in school or whatever, our basic leanings were all of a similar modestly liberal viewpoint in most things. As the years went by, I drifted towards the right on economic stuff while retaining about the same liberal views on most of the social stuff. But they all gradually kept heading left on everything.

It's easy to write off the opinion of a stranger. It's harder to reconcile the differences with a long-term friend. At least that seems to be true in my case. And thus, it frustrates the shit out of me, heh.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 6-4-2016 at 06:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Building on merc's line of thinking......

Shakespeare sure dressed in some funny clothes. A position could be thrown out that he might have been one or more of the letters in LBGQT, thus making him more than or not just an English white male and those classes suddenly of immediate times relevance and professors sending their now-placated students on hunts for prose and stanzas about bathroom choice.

And then cries would begin for Shakespeare to be the face on one of our currency denominations...

Don't Mess With Texas

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 6-4-2016 at 08:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by merc

I'll leave it to Jan and Co. to GIF or meme the shit out of the concept.

There is only so much ESS JAY DUB! ESS JAY DUB! ESS JAY DUB! a man can take before the malevolent cynicism settles deep into the bones like a full body toothache and the mind begins to warp under the strain of exposure to extremely irrational behavior from professional moronbabies with synaptic functions in the low watt output range of an elementary school science project potato battery shoddily constructed by the one Downs kid in class. (Eat shit, commas) As to this next generation of everyone-gets-a-trophy, feral, entitled, shrieking, hysterical, profoundly unreasonable and purely emotionally driven bubble-wrapped society-as-a-fainting-couch-existence special snowflake feminists*, White Knight Beta Twinks™ and PC Bros throttling up and coming online, there's really only one gif that comes to mind:

And now here it is, your moment of hoping for an EPM attack/Christ All S'mighty/asteroid strike/nuclear holocaust/Liveleak worthy goresplosion accident Zen...

Feel free to grab whichever reaction gif to the above video suits your needs best.

Annnnnnd, last but not least, lemmie go ahead and NSFW this one right here. Just click the goddamned thing. You know you want to. You are all very welcome and I am so very, very sorry.

*Not a feminist like Camille Paglia, though. She's fucking awesome. You know the types I'm talking about, goddamnit, so save your, "When did you stop beating your wife?" knee-jerk retorts and sophistry. You know who you are.

ETA: Breaking News!!! This just in...

[Edited on 6-4-2016 by janerd75]

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 6-4-2016 at 05:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I had this one pop up on my YouTube suggestions today. I've seen some of the clips in the past, but it's still a fun watch. If it's been shared here before already, then apologies and all that.

[Edited on 6-4-2016 by Quentil]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 6-5-2016 at 08:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Officer Brutally Retaliates Against Peaceful Balloon-Wielding Protester!

Are they not properly training these cops anymore? Totally missed the opportunity for the follow through...

...but I didn't. TIL shrieking is a sexual lubricant.

ETA: Amended with moar video. Sadly, I got got. No shrieking. All that chafing for nothing.

https://youtu.be/jIUSoj4G-1k?t=25m30s

[Edited on 6-5-2016 by janerd75]

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 814
Registered 5-13-2003

Mood:

posted on 6-12-2016 at 03:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Man, I love Buckley.

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 6-17-2016 at 11:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have a hunch I lean much further to the left than most of you posting in this thread (for example, I sorta hate the term "SJW" as a pejorative. Why is social justice bad?) but I also absolutely agree that these neo-liberal "safe space" "everything hurts my feelings" "everything I dislike is cultural appropriation" "my agency" "there's nothing I can't turn into gender/racial/sexual identity politics" idiots are incredibly bad for the discourse.

I consider myself a feminist, in the sense that women should be able to walk down the street without being catcalled, make equal wages to their male counterparts, etc. You know, the idea of generally treating them with basic human decency that is somehow still so alien to some on the right that it's considered a movement. Treat women like you want other men to treat your mom, and everything is cool, ya know? I absolutely detest the "Not All Men" GamerGate "she was asking for it, leaving the house dressed like that" MRA twats.

But I'm also realizing they have a female counterpart. My gay co-worker informed me that they're called TERFs, which means "Trans Exclusive Radicalized Feminists". They're essentially the ones you see online shouting things like "gender norms are a social construct" or "sex positivity is a patriarchal construct to commodify women" or "glancing at me at a red light is sexual assault if it makes me feel uncomfortable". And they've adapted the GamerGater tactic of luring men in for arguments, giving out of hand dismissals based on gender, and then crying harassment if an attempt at civil discussion persists or loudly gloating "see, men ARE evil scum?" if they successfully bait you into name-calling. I had a row with about a dozen of them on Twitter recently after I tweeted support for trans women to be able to use whatever goddamn bathroom they'd like and every single one of them accused me of being a woman abuser who wants to see them get raped in a public bathroom (they consider trans women to be men, which pisses off more moderate feminists to no end, as they see trans women as women, which is kinda weird when you think about it but we aren't dealing with the most rational people). I also had a run-in with one of them today (it's a longer story that involves a truly cuntastic take on the little boy that was killed by an alligator at Disney World) that she turned really nasty really quickly. For the most part I try to keep my head down and keep quiet around them because speaking out only fuels their "men are trying to oppress us" narrative, but it gets really frustrating feeling like I can never express my opinion just because I have a dick when I'm a socially progressive father of two beautiful daughters doing everything I can to be a good ally to women.

I'm not sure if this rant has a real point other than I saw a safe space (haw) to vent.

[Edited on 6-17-2016 by Chris Is Good517]

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

chretienbabacool
The Great One

Posts 3444
Registered 3-5-2003
Location Columbia, MO

Mood: Go Cubs!

posted on 6-18-2016 at 12:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The white, christian male is certainly becoming one of the biggest social justice warriors out there:

Poor white, christian males. So oppressed and abused!

Go Cubs!

And just imagine if, instead of the Palins, the Obama family had a pregnant, underage daughter on display at their convention, flanked by her black boyfriend who "intends" to marry her. Who among conservatives would have resisted the temptation to speak of "the dysfunction in the black community"?

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 6-18-2016 at 01:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

chretienbabacool
The Great One

Posts 3444
Registered 3-5-2003
Location Columbia, MO

posted on 6-18-2016 at 01:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wait it's only ok to call out liberal SJWs?

Go Cubs!

And just imagine if, instead of the Palins, the Obama family had a pregnant, underage daughter on display at their convention, flanked by her black boyfriend who "intends" to marry her. Who among conservatives would have resisted the temptation to speak of "the dysfunction in the black community"?

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 6-18-2016 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's roughly 50 minutes of videos with a snarky "Poor white, christian males. So oppressed and abused!" tagline. Could you maybe hum me a few bars in your own words without checking into I'mRightAndYou'reWrong.com so I know what you're getting at?

And no, everyone is fair game for getting called out.

chretienbabacool
The Great One

Posts 3444
Registered 3-5-2003
Location Columbia, MO

posted on 6-18-2016 at 03:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes because clearly what you specialize in are non-snarky taglines and something other than idiotic gifs. I'd check quite a few of your own posts in this thread to see if they pass that metric as even your posts with words don't actually say anything.

It's pretty clear though what I posted are social justice warriors whining about oppression of males, whites and christians in the same vein as the people you posted about are whining about oppression of non-whites, non-christians and non-males. It's just that the anti-SJW circle jerk crowd seems to only want to apply that pejorative to the liberal side.

Go Cubs!

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 6-18-2016 at 03:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chretienbabacool
Yes because clearly what you specialize in are non-snarky taglines and something other than idiotic gifs. I'd check quite a few of your own posts in this thread to see if they pass that metric as even your posts with words don't actually say anything.

It's pretty clear though what I posted are social justice warriors whining about oppression of males, whites and christians in the same vein as the people you posted about are whining about oppression of non-whites, non-christians and non-males. It's just that the anti-SJW circle jerk crowd seems to only want to apply that pejorative to the liberal side.

What you say is true and fair, but I think you can at least offer the same to me not only as the originator of this thread but I did indeed string a few words together now and agayn throughout. And agayn, to be fair, if a picture is worth a thousand words, a moving one must be worth eleventy billion. I try to contextualize them all so as to provide some coherent narrative. Probably not worthy of your eyes or attention, but that's why mouses (or is it meeces, I can never figure that one out) have scroll bars. But I digress.

It is, in fact, not "pretty clear" what you posted as, agayn, it was 50 minutes of video and a scant few words from you. While I'm not necessarily a fan of the whole MGTOW thing, I can certainly see why the pendulum has swung that way in favor of something ultimately so point missing as "Men's Rights". If you like, we can discuss such topics such as the disproportionate amount of men in prison compared to women, how they fare in a court of law in child custody/support/alimony cases, as well as where the courts side in domestic violence cases.

As the topic of the thread is Extreme SJW's, I will further clarify that down to focusing on the militant, irrational Tumblr brigades that generally revolve around the concept of Third Wave Intersectional Feminism aficionados. Here's some primer videos so we're all on the same page. Only around 18 or so minutes! Easy peasey Janerdeasy! I am truly a benevolent TrOOll King. All praise unto me!

Unfortunately, this one won't embed. I apologize in advance due to the rabid conservatism of the presenter.

https://youtu.be/yzc8glS2r_o

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: safety danse

posted on 6-18-2016 at 04:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Early 2000's vintage but still cogent. That there's people who think a professor should be fired, not for sexual misconduct or corruption on grading but for not validating student's feelings, shows how bad the rot has spread.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 6-19-2016 at 12:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope the irritation I voiced with the "I'm so oppressed" Christian heterosexual white males was noted, because again, fuck those guys too. Fuck them more, honestly. Being told I want to see women get raped because I don't care where trans women take a piss is obnoxious, but that mindset largely exists because self-victimizing white dudes are misogynist pigs who have spent the last two years doxing, harassing, and threatening a woman video game journalist because she had the audacity to sleep with a person she wanted to sleep with, and because people like Brock Turner and his asshole supporters exist.

So there's no need to try to turn this into the Oppression Olympics. There's an embarrassing amount of shitheads on both sides.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top