The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebooks
merc
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1514
Registered 2-23-2006
Location New England

Mood: GO PATS!!!

posted on 4-3-2016 at 11:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ebooks

I may just be late to the party...in fact I know I am. I never used my IBook app, until the Wells Report popped up as an webpage that could download to iBooks. Today, I stumbled across a link to Gary Hart's book, supposedly one of the must read wrestling books. From there I found several,

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewforum.php?f=1285&sid=f3d2f1b8436bb5daf5d9573e1c0cefcd&start=800

You just have to navigate thru the pop ups. I also had to download a ZIP/RAR app. It's an interesting concept, ads paying for the Ebook. Who knew!

"I wish sarcasm was available as a font." John Stuart Mill

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 4-8-2016 at 07:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
THANK YOU. I've been trying to track down and out of print copy, or at the very least a complete PDF of that damn book off and on for the past couple of years. Looks like I'll finally get a chance to read it.

And just because I'd feel bad leaving without sharing; If you're just dabbling your toes in the eBook waters I'd suggest checking out Scribd.com which is kind of like a Netflix for books. They offer a 14 day free trial to check everything out. A friend of mine got me a year long subscription for my birthday last year and I've been loving it. And the best part of it is even if you don't enjoy ACTUALLY reading they offer the audio versions of most of the books available as well which more than justifies a subscription.

Oney Lorcan Guy

merc
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1514
Registered 2-23-2006
Location New England

Mood: GO PATS!!!

posted on 4-12-2016 at 11:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm still working thru that site, I've found autobio's on Sunny, Bret Hart & the WWE expose that was done a couple years ago. A lot of reading...

ETA: Shawn Michaels, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, NWA (Hornbaker) and Missy Hyatt books also there.

Some (Funk/Rhodes) were simple downloads, others you have to figure out the click cadence...worth the work so far.

[Edited on 6-7-2016 by merc]

"I wish sarcasm was available as a font." John Stuart Mill

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top