The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2016 bOOardies: memory jogger thread
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: safety danse

posted on 5-11-2016 at 03:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
Because.....

Just to further the insanity because it's too insane not to share. Now in anime autotune!

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 5-11-2016 at 03:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wanted to make this pic my avatar, but the size-ists on this OOpressive site would try to av-shame me into changing it. We have so far to go as a culture. #FatAvsMatter

Bonus Trigglypuff Dating Profile. No offense, but I'd give ol' Tater Tot a go before I'd even consider Lucille-ing her back into the shallows. Fun Fact: If you think the "shallows" comment is a bit out of line, check out #1 on her list of "Six things I could never do without". Say it, don't spray it, hon, help is on the way.

That's some fine misogynizing right there. Ahhhhh, privilege. Now on to Liveleak to see what the Dark Ones are up to....

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 5-11-2016 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The less funny part is that there's something seriously wrong going inside that head, and it ain't just the dumb-fuck college politics or being overweight. It's like an Aspie or high-functioning autism thing. Wouldn't be surprised at all if she tried to harm herself because personalities like that do bad things when they frustrated after being told 'no' or to fuck off. The internet shaming could be an actual real trigger that sets her off in a tragic direction.

Maybe she just needs love. Hook her up with good ol' AIDS Skrillex here. The could have beautiful children together.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 5-11-2016 at 03:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
Because.....

Oh.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2516
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 5-11-2016 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
2. Fatness has little to do with health.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 5-11-2016 at 11:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought that said "wealth" and was like WTF....I've never heard a pro or con position on that to merit it being a key takeaway for any workshop or the like that anybody of any orientation to be making.

But health. Yeah....that's one where 9 out of 10 doctors would agree that fatness has a lot to do with health, and the 10th is on the board of directors at Haribo or Mars Inc or McDonalds. Or all of them.

Don't Mess With Texas

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 5-12-2016 at 06:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did I just read, Haribo?

Haribo Sugar-Free Gummy Bear Review

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 5-12-2016 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
http://oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=31073&page=21

For some reason this tickled me and gives me a good case of the shiggles. It also worried me a tad because I read the comment first and then the quote. Drama, sadness, then laughter all in one post makes for a fine POTY candidate.

quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
Ric Flair is in even worse shape than any of us thought:

quote:
In an interview with MLive.com, Ric Flair spoke about his favorite current WWE star and more. Here are highlights:

On his favorite WWE stars: “Roman Reigns for sure. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose. I’m also a big fan of Dolph Ziggler. I’d really love to work with Roman Reigns, though.”

Jesus. I know we've had our concerns in recent years about his age and mental state, but I don't think any of us realized he was this far gone.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 5-16-2016 at 06:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterphil
quote:
Originally posted by merc
quote:
Originally posted by CM Crunk
Paige and ADR has now supplanted AJ Lee and Cesaro as being the sex tape that--no, I'd still rather watch the latter two fuck. Nevermind.

Didnt see you for a baldy lover...

Look how quick Cesaro strips for the ring, that is a man who is prepared to fuck. Del Rio loses points for bringing a towel, dude probably gets moister than a nuru massuer.

Phil just got nominated for ... for something. Gaht-dayum.

"At this point Brock is so bulletproof, they could fucking crucify him and he would kick out before the third day." -- ulsterphil

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 6-8-2016 at 05:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Another POTY candidate emerges. Some fine curmudgeonliness by merc who indeed merc'd that segment with aplomb. I like it! Another!

http://www.oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=31163&page=2

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Count Zero
Perhaps we could start a thread devoted to the discussion and resolution of the matter?
BROCKTOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN

IMPOSSIBLE! No one starts threads anymore, just post in the rumor thread.

quote:
Honestly I don't get the hate for the opening segment...

Either way I think it worked, and anyone saying that this is the worst opener in recent memory needs to go back and revisit the Shane, Steph and New Day opening the show LAST WEEK with their "Brand Split and What Iz Draft" telethon that accomplished nothing.

I be the hater... here's why.

The show opens with five guys on ladders. Now, these guys have had assorted reasons to want to kick each others asses over the last few weeks. However, they sit peacefully atop their respective precarious perches.

Let's take Zayn & Owens. How does it make sense that either of them would politely climb up a latter trusting the other wouldn't launch him into the other ladders, you know kinda like what happened several minutes later?

Sticking with Owens and how he has played his character. Why would he even participate in randomly walking in and climbing a ladder to talk?

Jericho's been the asshole star this go round. He has set himself above the rest of this group (in his own mind "best there is at..."). He would participate in this little orgy why?

Cesaro sadly has not developed a personality outside of his (getting redundant) ring work. With everyone else already in fight gear, why is he wearing the tear away suit still? Is he both stupid and bland?

Del Rio? OK he's being turned into a lemming who will follow anything. So why not climb a ladder and see what happens. Great destruction of someone capable of so much more. So my hating here goes more to how the talent is being wasted, as a character I am clueless to what is driving him. Credit WWE Writer Monkeys for that malaise.

Zayn..I don't get his character...unless he is playing the dude with no memory. Otherwise how the hell do you climb a ladder with a guy who has pearl harbored you multiple times in the last several weeks right beside you?

So... hate is plentiful before Ambrose starts the walk down. But let's see this thru...

The lunatic fringe walks down aisle. The ONLY move for his character is to lay out the five ladders. Period. How'd that work out?

Anything after these fails is irrelevant. The set up has fucked the majority of the players in the ring. It fails at every turn of kayfabe logic. It sucks the character out of the characters.

I will bow at the alter of anyone who draws up a logical reason for five combatants to peacefully set up six ladders in a ring and climb them; whilst awaiting a "lunatic" to wander down to "chat".

It was stupid...stupid...stupid. and I hate stupid. I never got to word one and had written the segment off as stupid. The set up was so stupid that Einstein, Jobs and Belichik couldn't save it. I got one word for it and I gonnna SPELL IT OUT for you!
S
T
O
O
P
I
D

STOOOOOOOOOPIIIIIIIID

I'd suggest starting a thread to talk about stupid, but threads are so 2014.

I hope that helps with understanding the hate.

ETA: Crunkers bringin' the subtle heat in this POTY candidate:

http://www.oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=31073&page=34

quote:
Geez. Add Gawker to the list along with WCW of companies destroyed by a "Poke of Doom" involving Hogan.

[Edited on 6-11-2016 by janerd75]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-14-2016 at 03:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Matte's new av is a delight to the senses. Which is all 27 of them that Matt Hardy currently possesses.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11678
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 7-15-2016 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Matte's new av is a delight to the senses. Which is all 27 of them that Matt Hardy currently possesses.

I should've stuck with the gimmick and made it 300px wide so the board tables would become BROKEN.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-20-2016 at 07:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Moar Crunker av madness.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-21-2016 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Crunkers agayn with the Summer Heat, BAYBAY!*

http://www.oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=31210&page=2

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Count Zero
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
quote:
ONE MAN BRAND BABAY!!!!!

Post of the Year nominee. I legitimately laughed out loud.
Totally seconded. In fact, that was such a spot-on Heath Slater imitation that I think Crunk ought to form the Social OOutcasts? Can Janerd be Bo Dallas?

Not a bad ideer there Count. Janerd is a font of quixotic positivity and Gape Vigoda pictures. Is this your roundabout way of campaigning for the Axel spot?

Speaking of Bo, I won't be happy unless they paired him up with Tamina and Nia Jax to be an SJW themed mini-stable. Just slap a fedora on Bo and list their tumblr accounts under their names instead of their Twitter handles.

Hmm, Gape Vigoda, you say. Dear God please don't click on that.

*But it's BAYBAY, holmes, not BABAY.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11678
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 7-21-2016 at 02:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Since "Bullshittiest Post of the Year" has been said to be a thing this year, I'm just trying to make sure there's a decent amount of nominations.

quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
quote:
Originally posted by royberto
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
I wonder what Becky Lynch is going to do with no belt to chase.

What she always does; gets jobbed into oblivion because Vince gets off on it. She was put with all the no talent hacks. She needs to get back to NXT to sae what's left of her career from being destroyed by Vince and Bucky. Or ask for her release. There is no excuse for how much she has been shit on by Vince.

Making the most money in her life + being the 3rd pushed woman + performing in front of 100,000 fans at WrestleMania = Needs to ask for release because Vince is shitting on her.

Wow. That was an exceptionally stupid post. Well played. Next time just type Ahmed Johnson 15 times and it will go over better.

EDIT: Gotta add on to this one after seeing this...
quote:
Originally posted by Slade
quote:
Originally posted by royberto
You forgot to add:

Jobbed out in almost every single match she has had.
Jobbed CLEAN to DANA BROOKE!
Being Jobbed out to FREAKING NATALYA.
LEFT to rot on Smackdown with all the untalented women and not title to go after.

The only thing "exceptionally stupid here" is your blind defense of WWE. One charity booking at Wrestlemania doesn't erase jobbing her out every single week. Most over babyface they had and now she is nothing more than a joke.

Except it is not true that Becky Lynch is being jobbed out every week.

In the last two months, Becky Lynch has a win-loss-draw record of 22-4-2 (in both singles and tag team competition). That's a .785 win percentage. Her only losses during this stretch have been in a tag team match at Money in the Bank, a pair of losses to Charlotte on June 29 and July 1 and a loss to Asuka in Tokyo on July 2.

Yes, she has jobbed to Dana Brooke, back in early May, but she's since won her last two singles matches versus her, both of which were televised (June 7 Smackdown - win by submission; and June 21 Smackdown - win by DQ).

She might soon put Natalya over, but just this past weekend, Natalya put her over by tapping out to her on consecutive nights at house shows on Friday and Saturday (this one at MSG, no less).

Royberto, pretty much every one of your complaints is without reason. Becky Lynch is not getting crapped on. In fact, she has a much better win-loss record since getting called up from NXT than she did in NXT. In WWE, her record is 98-53-8 (.616 win%). In NXT, her record was 45-55-1 (.445 win%). The number don't lie, nor does a look into her recent match results. Quite simply, the evidence doesn't support your assertion that she's getting crapped on.

Sources: IWD pages for Becky Lynch Match Listing and Becky Lynch Win-Loss Record

[Edited on 7-21-2016 by Matte]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-21-2016 at 02:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
http://www.oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=31219&page=4

Dearest Matte,

Don't forget your references. Otherwise, I see your batshit and raise you some insanity...

http://www.oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=29602&page=2

quote:
Originally posted by Kareem Ofweet
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
quote:
Originally posted by Kareem Ofweet
He couldn't even make it in the CFL. So sad. Maybe Arena Football wants the circus to come to their town next. Turns out being a one-trick pony in college might have its limitations in the pros.

And again, I could give 2 shits about his sexuality. It's the fact the media made a hero out of him, dropped what little objectivity they had left and openly rooted for him when they knew he wasn't good enough to make it in the pros.

I'd say check out this great article about Sam, but it's a) written by a women b) at ESPN W and c) you lack basic comprehension skills.

Sam did play a game in the CFL, and by all accounts the Alouettes were not looking to part with him.

And really, if you still don't get why the media made a big deal out of Sam, or why David Denson is making news despite having less odds than Sam...there's really nothing more to say.

Almost a year later, and still no sign of the overhyped circus coming to a town near you. Maybe talent (or a lack thereof) has something to do with it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------

ETA: The many Post of the Year levels this shit from lz4005 works on.

http://www.oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=31219&page=6

quote:
Originally posted by lz4005
quote:
Originally posted by QuentilBecky will have her Death Star trench run moment eventually.

Why does that make me think of a sex tape of her going up on Nia Jax?

And why do I have a really confused boner right now?

ETA2: Also, absolutely nominating royberto for Poster of the Year (examples of his work are in the thread listed above). Whatever you think of him, he keeps it scrappy, surly, obstinate, fun, and loves him some Becky Lynch.

[Edited on 7-21-2016 by janerd75]

merc
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1514
Registered 2-23-2006
Location New England

Mood: GO PATS!!!

posted on 7-22-2016 at 12:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
It's early, but looks like Roberto has a grip on breakthrough or newbie poster. When almost all of OO aligns against a new guy, the new guy won.

Janny,
You seconding my nomination?

By the way someone educate me on the #dicksout thing. I know it was a farcical support of a dead gorilla, but is it, in OO Universe, good to have your name added to it or bad?

Shit was a lot easier when we used smoke signals. There is no smoke signal for #

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-22-2016 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
It's early, but looks like Roberto has a grip on breakthrough or newbie poster. When almost all of OO aligns against a new guy, the new guy won.

Janny,
You seconding my nomination?

By the way someone educate me on the #dicksout thing. I know it was a farcical support of a dead gorilla, but is it, in OO Universe, good to have your name added to it or bad?

Shit was a lot easier when we used smoke signals. There is no smoke signal for #

Shit yeah, I'm seconding. Shitstirring's a delicate art and the board needs #heels so roy's m'boy. Even though I don't think he's a heel. Just dedicated to The Cause, which is pro wrasslin'.

I just found out aboot the #dicksoutforharambe thing just the other day when Paddy O'Foot mentioned it. Since it's cloaked in farce I would assume it being applied to any OOster could be a highly contextual rib, ala CCharger's legendary use of the word obtuse. I suppose writing #dicksoutfor_______ could be taken to mean support for a pOOster who, like Harambe, initially and seemingly behaved savagely towards another, yet upon further review likely had noble intent though was shot down in the process of making a point. Or, more simply, it's kinda funny to write #dicksoutfor______ in support of whOOmever and let it be left up to interpretation.

Also, I literally have no idea what the fuck a hashtag is. It's a goddamn pound sign on a telephone that somehow got reinterpreted to mean something something twitter word identification? Seriously, I don't have a clue. I've clicked on them before on twitter or FB and it usually takes me to another page with similar words with a pound sign in front of them. As a professional shitpOOster all I know to do with the format is put them in front of some dickheaded word or phrase I want to make a bad joke out of. Thankfully, I'm too old to know what it means or why I should care.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8969
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 7-22-2016 at 07:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The online / social media use of hashtags is stupid and whether accurate or not I attribute their existence to Twatter which results in my "fuck Twitter and all the Twatters" sentiment.

They do apparently have magic powers such that if there is a cause or injustice in the world, if enough people hashtag it, said cause is addressed and injustice remedied. See: #Kony2012, #bringbackourgirls, #blacklivesmatter

This is also where a lot of SJWs miss the mark. Instead of calling people out on their _______ privilege and micro aggressions,they instead need to be hashtagging and getting more people to hashtag with them, because once they reach that magic number and they're trending worldwide, the problem is solved

Don't Mess With Texas

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11678
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 7-22-2016 at 07:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Also, I literally have no idea what the fuck a hashtag is. It's a goddamn pound sign on a telephone that somehow got reinterpreted to mean something something twitter word identification? Seriously, I don't have a clue. I've clicked on them before on twitter or FB and it usually takes me to another page with similar words with a pound sign in front of them. As a professional shitpOOster all I know to do with the format is put them in front of some dickheaded word or phrase I want to make a bad joke out of. Thankfully, I'm too old to know what it means or why I should care.

I'm sure you don't care to know what hashtags are for, because I know and still don't care, but they're basically a form of linking topics of conversation on a platform. Take Twitter: search for #WalkingDead during an episode and you'll be taken to a page filled with people talking about the show, usually live-Tweet style. It's a fast and easy way to see what other people think about any one subject. It works better on Facebook because there's no character limit, so you can actually find interesting and detailed reports on things rather than one-liners, though it's more prevalent on Twitter. The pound sign itself just turns the connected word/phrase into a clickable link to enable the process.

Also, I'll nominate royberto for Jackass of the Year (which some winners of have treated as a good thing in the past despite its intent), but I'm not going to give him a Poster of the Year vote when we have a decent amount of level-minded, understanding, high-caliber posters still participating in discussions who deserve it ten times more. I know it's just a silly message board thing, and I know the nomination itself is probably more of a joke than anything, but I feel like once we start voting agitators/trolls/shit-posters into rewarded positions, it kind of cheapens the whole bOOardie deal and sends the message that we encourage dimwitted behavior.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-22-2016 at 07:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info Matte. I suppose coming up old skool with the dewey decimal system and library card catalogs back in the day I transferred that technique over to my Google searches and added a few extra steps to any given search process, so that's probably why I bypassed and/or was oblivious to the whole instagroup twitter info thing. Then again, I'm the kind of dickhead that reads the directions for everything before I do anything so the extra steps don't bother me much. And I like Google surfing for info anyway. Different strokes, I suppose.

And correct agayn on the 'sanctity' of Poster of The Year. I dunno if I'd go so far as to nominate roy for Jackass as I don't think he's doing it intentionally, unlike that other gifposting jerkface annoyance that occasionally wanders off his meds from time to time. I'll have to check his sign-up date, but even if he's not within the parameters but close enough maybe 'Breakthough Poster of the Year'? Then agayn, the years barely half over so we'll see what happens between now and December.

merc
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1514
Registered 2-23-2006
Location New England

Mood: GO PATS!!!

posted on 7-22-2016 at 08:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd like to thank Matte for his consideration of me as poster of....what... Well thought out...erh

Ya can't make a pound sign with smoke signals either Janny...

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 7-22-2016 at 09:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
YOU HAVE A VAGINA

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10853
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 7-22-2016 at 09:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
#DicksOutForTaterTot ? (sorry, just being a fucker as usual)

In terms of Roy I'm not sure what award he'll deserve at the end of the year because between the Becky Lynch stuff and the determination to pick a fight over the Lesnar punishment it's like he's gone full-blown Parvini or something. Not as arrogant as Parvini because no one else could be. Same kind of doubling-down though combined with a dose of "you're wrong, gawdammit, now admit you're wrong or I'm gonna get really fucking angry". Not sure if that's grounds for winning Jerky Of The Year or Feud Of The Year or whatever but it ought to be worth something

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 7-25-2016 at 03:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Janerd bringing the steady heat once agayn

quote:
Finally, goddamnit! WEL-COME BACK! WEL-COME BACK! WEL-COME BACK!

Guess who's back, back again
Go get Dom, it's Cunt Dunkleman.*

#DicksOutForDomsShreddedBooty-O

*Fuckin' work with me, it's close enough.

Oney Lorcan Guy

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top