The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (December 14, 2015)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4403
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-14-2015 at 10:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (December 14, 2015)

Tonight on RAW: it's 7 weeks until the next PPV, so there's no real rush in terms of re-racking storylines.... plus, next Monday is the Slammys, and then it's WWE's standard "phone it in" pre-taped holiday week show, so you can probably next expect a sense of urgency on the first RAW of the New Year...

That said, Roman Reigns seemed to turn a corner last night, and while his new course leaves him on the outside-looking-in in terms of the WWE Title Picture, it does mean he has a WrestleMania Date with Triple H... and if I were WWE, I wouldn't try to milk it too hard, because the majority of fans are probably willing to go down this road as Reigns tries to find something that works for him.... but if you overplay your hand, and expect some kind of genuine grassroots love for Reigns (i.e. a whole "you're fired" and expecting fans to give a shit the same way they did with Bryan), it ain't gonna happen... we'll see how that goes starting tonight, I'm sure.... fingers crossed for the more straightforward/play-to-Reigns'-strengths/not-over-doing-it route...

The other major loose end from last night's main event: where were Ambrose, the Usos, and Barrett? As I stated in my recap, there's really only two options.... (1) WWE doesn't expect anyone to notice, and hoped that all the bells and whistles in the post-match would distract us, or (2) they have a reveal tonight where the League of Nation took out Reigns' "family" and then Barrett stayed behind to stand guard... I think you can all figure out which option I consider to be acceptable, and which I consider to be rather lazy....

Either way, the bigger League of Nations vs. Reigns' Posse story arc is gonna figure prominently tonight, and in all storylines leading up to the Rumble.... simply put, it'll be 10 or 12 of your top guys, probably with 2 or 3 marquee stand-alone feuds and the ability to put the other 4-6 guys into the Rumble Match itself as top line possible winners... I'm still pulling for Owens to get in on this, as WWE is hyping that he's demanded his IC Rematch happen tonight on RAW...

It would be a great reveal if Owens got help from the LoN to regain the IC Title tonight... just like that, you could have two super-factions in the making: Triple H, Sheamus, Owens, del Rio, Rusev, Barrett.... and Reigns, Ambrose, returning Cena, Ryback (or, if all the stars -- and vertebrae -- align, Ryback can be replaced by Daniel Bryan), and the Usos... I could fantasy book the SHIT out of those 12 guys in all their various combinations and iterations...

As noted, Owens gets his IC rematch, and he gets it tonight.... but all other titles were successfully defended, which means potential resets on all of them... that said, we can probably guess the short-term challengers for each...

Once Cena comes back, he's in line for the ADR's US Title.... the New Day won a 3-way last night, and the Usos seem like candidates to jump to the LoN storyline; but Sin Cara got illegally tromboned, which means we could/should get a straight-up New Day vs. Dragons feud.... and same thing with Charlotte cheating to beat Paige; if Paige used video replay to get a rematch last month, why not do it again? More important than the belt, though, is GETTING SOME NARRATIVE TRACTION FOR THE WOMEN.... as it stands, you've got Becky as the clear cut winner of "coolest and most innately likeable," and then some heels who get some cheers (especially Sasha) and some faces who act kinda bitchy...

Not sure what's next for the Wyatts... you might be able to build on last week's factional warfare, but that'd be a stretch to consider the Dudleys/Dreamer/Rhyno in the same leauge with the other three groups... for tonight and tonight only, it might play, because RAW is in Philly and the ECW guys will beover huge.... but after that, it does seem like there needs to be a tangible "step up" by the Wyatts to build on last night's win... [it should be noted that Dreamer and Rhyno are on booking sheets through the Rumble, but you can use that as a house show draw, and feature the Wyatts doing bigger and better stuff on TV]

The rest: WWE seemed to blow off the Ziggler/Breeze feud last Thursday on SD, with Ziggler getting the win.... but if it happens on SD, does it really count?.... Sounds like Darren Young's innocent-seeming stinger has turned into a serious injury situation, which would explain why Titus has been screwing with Stardust in a singles fashion... Stardust does still have the Ascension, though, so a marriage of conveniece between Titus and Goldust (and a third) might be necessary... Miz's recruiting angle shall also continue, with Neville and possibly expanding to include others...

That is all. End communication.

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 12:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
Sounds like Darren Young's innocent-seeming stinger has turned into a serious injury situation, which would explain why Titus has been screwing with Stardust in a singles fashion... Stardust does still have the Ascension, though, so a marriage of conveniece between Titus and Goldust (and a third) might be necessary...

We've spent a lot of time on everything else, so why not on the lowest WWE storyline...

Here's the thing - we're running out of time to make something of Titus O'Neil. He's got a good look, can talk a bit, and seems to be able to get the crowd behind him when he matters. He still needs a little refining on the "humor" because a lot of it is just annoying followed by a shit-eating grin, and he still looks a bit awkward in the ring because his arms and legs might be too long (I admits this is the weirdest criticism ever).

But he's, what, 38 years old? You have maybe 5 years of his prime left to work with if somehow he pops. So if Darren Young is out for a significant amount of time, give him these 7 weeks in between things actually mattering and build him up with a serious feud to see if he will ever work.

I'd be interested to see what a Titus-ADR feud would looks like, but at this point, the last thing ADR needs is to beaten up by a guy barely above a jobber.

Maybe let him get into a short-term feud with Bray Wyatt. He looked good as the remaining teammate in an eliminated tag vs. the Wyatts on a Smackdown a few weeks back. It's not like the Wyatts have anything obvious to do and it won't hurt Rowan and Harper to lose on the way to building Titus up to an eventual loss to Bray, especially with Royal Rumble overcasting everything anyway.

And when you blow it off, at least it makes for an interesting entrance in the Rumble when Titus enters and you know he can do some damage trying to get revenge on Bray.

That was way too much fake booking. Anyway, just something completely different to think about.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7678
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 12:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm sure we won't know much about the card for the Royal Rumble until we hit 2016, but I wonder if we get any hint tonight as to where things are going. If Reigns/Triple H is gonna happen at WrestleMania, than that takes Reigns out of the running for winning the Rumble match. And if we get Lesnar/Sheamus at the Rumble, than that takes Lesnar out of the running too. Of course, they could do Reigns/Sheamus II and have Brock win the Rumble match (though kayfabe-wise, I don't really know how Reigns gets a WWE title rematch after destroying the boss).

Or I guess Cena is always an option, but for as great as he's been this past year, I really have no desire to see him win a third Royal Rumble.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11678
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 12-15-2015 at 12:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
Or I guess Cena is always an option, but for as great as he's been this past year, I really have no desire to see him win a third Royal Rumble.

Seems plausible, given the poster from the WWE Network page.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

Ortonmustdie
Fella

Posts 364
Registered 6-30-2008

Mood: Plotting

posted on 12-15-2015 at 12:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any truth to the rumors of HHH being injured by that no-selling Spanish Announce Table?
S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 12:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It would be ironic if he got hurt by the CM Punk Memorial Never Breaking Table.
First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4104
Registered 1-22-2013
Member Is Online

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Uhmm, shouldn't the announcers be concerned that an unhinged Reigns is going to share a ring with Steph?

And why the hell is Reigns has his ''aww shucks'' face again?

Goddamnit, sell the fucking moment you morons!

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Reigns needs to spear Steph's phat ass outta that dress.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Start of the show sets the tone...yyyyyup.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
Nobledictator1278
Fella

Posts 476
Registered 4-9-2013

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Man Dolph is so far from relativity right now.
S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not terribly convincing...though I think we all know in 2015 Steph isn't getting speared.

But Vince McMahon...

Crowd is behind him. They better have something better than that in the main event to seal the deal.

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Reason For The Ratings is on his way~!

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One thing they have to come up with in the next year - if you're going to keep putting Steph out there as their queen bitch of sorts character, there has to be *some* way for faces to get revenge on her. If there's going to be no violence towards her these days (and there shouldn't really be), it's been way too many times a face has been killed by just submitting to her verbal and physical attacks.
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Get the hell out of my ring".

That was worth the price of admission, at least. And now R-Truth knows what's up.

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, so it's going to be one of THOSE shows.

Answer to the ratings slump: Less pesky rasslin, more McMahons.

Again.

-PB

Nobledictator1278
Fella

Posts 476
Registered 4-9-2013

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 01:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess Vince didn't hear Roman say he didn't care if he was fired. Be great if he just quit and vince is out there like .......

Also they need to just once take a superstar and fire him ...and have him be fired for a extended piece of time.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Annnnd Roman's talking about testicles again.

Oney Lorcan Guy

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Vince better be getting speared at the end of this. Otherwise you just slapped and kicked in the balls and killed all of Reigns' heat.

Also...way to sell the beatings from last night...Super Everyone

Ortonmustdie
Fella

Posts 364
Registered 6-30-2008

Mood: Plotting

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, there ya go.... Roman Reigns - WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by S Kid J E T S 48
One thing they have to come up with in the next year - if you're going to keep putting Steph out there as their queen bitch of sorts character, there has to be *some* way for faces to get revenge on her. If there's going to be no violence towards her these days (and there shouldn't really be), it's been way too many times a face has been killed by just submitting to her verbal and physical attacks.

Wrong and wronger.

Fuck it. I, for one, am all in on Stone Cold Rocky Reigns. Fuck. It.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rocky Reigns is going to be an awful flavor when WWE announces their new Ben & Jerrys sponsorship.

ETA:

Why did they bring up Tyler Breeze again?

[Edited on 12-15-2015 by S Kid J E T S 48]

Nobledictator1278
Fella

Posts 476
Registered 4-9-2013

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Same reason they brought up Bo Dallas
CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Why did they bring up Tyler Breeze again?

Just ran out to Walgreens and walked back in the door to see Breeze doing the job, and I'm just as puzzled as you are. I don't know where this Neville/Miz thing is going, but I do know that Breeze would make for a better apprentice to The Miz. I mean, come on, the name is right there: "Pretty Awesome."

ETA: I mentioned a while back in the NXT thread that I was worried that Breeze was going to turn into the Tommy Dreamer of NXT. Little did I know he'd end up becoming the Tommy Dreamer of WWE.

[Edited on 12/15/2015 by CM Crunk]

Oney Lorcan Guy

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CM Crunk

Just ran out to Walgreens and walked back in the door to see Breeze doing the job, and I'm just as puzzled as you are. I don't know where this Neville/Miz thing is going, but I do know that Breeze would make for a better apprentice to The Miz. I mean, come on, the name is right there: "Pretty Awesome."

Pretty Wonderful approves

[Edited on 12-15-2015 by S Kid J E T S 48]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-15-2015 at 02:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Rocky Reigns is going to be an awful flavor when WWE announces their new Ben & Jerrys sponsorship.

I believe it already exists.*

Also, I love Miz and I want him to be Top Dog agayn. He's good on the stick and Maryse is good on his and I can smell it through my teevee screen.

*Making Janerd posts Dev friendly since 12/14/15.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top