The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Early Royal Rumble 2016 winner predictions
benny566
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 17
Registered 1-27-2014
Location london

Mood:

posted on 12-4-2015 at 02:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Early Royal Rumble 2016 winner predictions

So I was wondering how everyone is feeling with the Rumble so near. I have been thinking who is the most likely guy to win the royal rumble next year. Heres mine.

Brock Lensar: Odds on favorite for me. I believe Roman Reigns wins the title at the rumble and I am sure that the plan is to have him beat Lensar at Wrestlemaina.

Dean Ambrose: Another contender. They might finally want to pull the trigger on a ambrose/reigns breakdown and what better way for it to start then Ambrose winning the Rumble. Plus the pop of the crowd if this happened would be awesome to see.

John Cena: Just so they could have Reigns beat him at wrestlemania and to have the touch finally passed.

Kevin owens: Another interesting choice. It would make a great match at wrestlemania.

Triple H: At some point the game will take matters into his own hands and what better time than at wrestlemania. Again Reigns wins

Daniel Bryan: Everyone would love to see this. And you could turn Roman Reigns into a deadly heel.

The Rock: This would be great to see. The cousins go to war at Wrestlemania and the rock passes the touch to roman.

What do you guys think?

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3498
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 12-4-2015 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Roman Reigns wins the title at Rumble AND wins the rumble itself. That'll get him over!!

In all seriousness- I'd take a massive gamble and have Finn Balor win it, taking the title off Sheamus at Mania. Reigns / HHH, Owens / Lesnar, Cena / Taker all at Mania too.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7382
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-4-2015 at 03:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's either going to be Reigns or a returning John Cena. Brock is a distant third but I'd bank on either of those as the winner. In fact, I'd suspect they're letting Cena take this long of a break simply so they can have him return at the Rumble as a surprise and hope that would help the winner not get booed this time.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

The Grindfather
And I am AWESOME

Posts 123
Registered 4-9-2013
Location Memphis, Tennessee

Mood:

posted on 12-4-2015 at 03:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If HHH v. Reigns is the plan for Mania, doesn't that mean HHH has to win? I suppose they could have a grudge match without the title but if it's Cena v. Taker at Mania, Cena won't have the title & Reigns coming in as champ is really the only other person that makes sense in WWE-land. WWE is also in danger of damaging the Royal Rumble brand if for the 3rd year in a row they have a winner get completely shit on by the audience. So unless it's a Bryan/Ambrose/Balor type surprise winner, why not just go with a heel winning it so the cascade of boos at least makes sense.

Reigns winning the championship from Sheamus in the match before the Rumble by overcoming interference from the Authority/League of Nations, only to lead to HHH himself entering the Rumble at #30 and winning, sounds like an okay plan to me & would make for a pretty compelling last hour & half of the Rumble PPV.

Love Gobshite's idea of Balor coming in & winning to set up a match with Sheamus at Mania for the title. That would allow Sheamus to be at his heel-best which is when is an total dick & a bully to smaller guys & would give Balor the absolute best main roster debut/storyline as they could possibly give him. Plus, it would mean we'd get to see that entrance at (likely) the biggest Wrestlemania of all time, attendance/atmosphere wise.

[Edited on 12-4-2015 by The Grindfather]

Somebody gonna get their ass kicked, somebody gonna get their wig split

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8289
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 12-4-2015 at 08:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Grindfather
why not just go with a heel winning it so the cascade of boos at least makes sense.

Having a heel win this year would be the best bet, for the reason you just stated. May as well embrace the boos.

I really don't see Sheamus walking into Mania as the champion. Whether he loses it to Roman or Brock or whomever before that remains to be seen.

If Roman doesn't win the championship before or at the Rumble, then he is winning the Rumble match. 100% guaranteed.

If Roman is champ, that leaves the Rumble winner as more of a question mark. Brock is the easiest answer, so they can book Brock vs. Roman II and have Roman vanquish the Beast. They could go Cena and have Roman win in a torch passing moment. Or HHH as previous mentioned so Roman can best the Authority.

If Wrestlemania really is Undertaker's final match, then it's very likely going to close the show. That gives them a little more flexibility with the WWE Championship match as far as Roman goes... since they won't have to worry about their biggest event of the year ending with 100,000 people booing.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 944
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 12-4-2015 at 09:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
HHH will win the Rumble after Sheamus and Co. lose to Reigns.

If HHH wants to run it to nuclear levels he'll enter the whole league of nations into the Rumble as plan B - and not announce #30 - they'll all get eliminated. Have Ambrose standing there at the end and when #30 comes up - Ride of the Valkyries, Daniel Bryan comes out, massive "Yes" chants - then HHH sledgehammers him, grabs a mic, says "no", and then proceeds to decimate Ambrose with the sledgehammer and the LoN. Toss Ambrose over the rope and there's your main event.

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4623
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 12-5-2015 at 02:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I want WWE to hire Wickedfrost to write this. It's brilliant.

I see Brock Lesnar and Triple H as the most likely winners.

Supposing that there is truth to the rumours that we're getting Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Owens and John Cena vs. The Undertaker, we're left with few good options for who should face Roman Reigns in a WWE World Heavyweight Title match. The only fresh matchup I can think of is Reigns vs. Triple H.

Reigns vs. Ambrose would be alright, too, although it just happened at Survivor Series. However, I think you could run it again and make it work as there will have been 4 months between matches and the first one wasn't set up by way of a feud. If you actually create a reason for them to enter into a feud, it would add a fresh dynamic to the match.

Reigns vs. Sheamus is going to happen at TLC and I could see it happening again at Royal Rumble because every major feud spans 2-3 PPVs in 2015 (see: Cena vs. Rusev, Cena vs. Owens, Rollins vs. Orton, Lesnar vs. The Undertaker, Wyatt vs. Reigns). Therefore, I would assume that we won't have that happen at Wrestlemania (and Reigns does not win the Royal Rumble match). With that in mind, Sheamus could retain the title at TLC and lose it to him at the Rumble. Then, Triple H becomes the surprise thirtieth entrant in the match and wins.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7557
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-5-2015 at 04:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's kinda impossible to pick the Rumble winner until we know who's going to be in the WWE title match at the PPV, but I agree that Reigns and Lesnar are the front-runners. So basically, whichever one of those two is not facing Sheamus for the title at the Royal Rumble will probably be the winner. The only other possibility I can think of is if the WWE wants to make amends for the last two years and have Daniel Bryan come out unannounced and win (kind of like how Cena did at the 2008 Rumble), but that's probably way too "Internet fanboy wankerish" to happen.

And I'll just add that due to the recent rash of injuries, I like that the Road to WrestleMania is fairly uncertain at this point. I mean, we could get Lesnar/Reigns II...but we could just as easily get Triple H/Reigns or even Sheamus carrying the belt all the way to Mania and facing Lesnar. Outside of the Taker/Cena rumor, there's really nothing that has been confirmed as a certified lock by the gossip sites at this point.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4557
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 12-6-2015 at 09:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Little soon to pick with any real conviction; but I also kind of expect that they'll either go with a heel to support the boo's, or they'll go with a safe pick as 2 straight years of getting that kind of egg on your face can't feel good...

So in saying that I really don't think they'll run with Reigns as the winner again this year... Project Reigns is coming along nicely, and for as stubborn and FU fans we'll do it my way as Vince is, sticking Reigns out there like that is probably going to get a good size backlash no matter what.

Brock or Cena feels pretty likely.

Giving Sheamus as stable behind him seems like something that should give some legs as champ... can't see him losing at TLC, and even the Rumble feels a bit soon, and if he's going to keep it at the Rumble he might as well ride it into Wrestlemania (I kind of like Reigns taking on HHH... it's high profile, but safe for him). Both Cena and Brock fit the bill for big name faces who could carry the main event... Taker could also fit the big as a final send off.

Honestly this feels like kind of a funny WM... maybe it's because of how far out we are, but yeah... there's a lot of moving pieces that could be rotated in and out between now and Mania that would completely change the card, but none of them really feel like must see, or biggest WM ever... lot's of solid and some new potential match ups, but missing the sizzle. Were I the WWE I'd probably start committing to some match ups early and putting some heat on the various feud's; keep the guys away from one another in match ups, but dig down deep and give it their best effort in the story telling department.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7557
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-6-2015 at 09:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
Giving Sheamus as stable behind him seems like something that should give some legs as champ... can't see him losing at TLC, and even the Rumble feels a bit soon, and if he's going to keep it at the Rumble he might as well ride it into Wrestlemania (I kind of like Reigns taking on HHH... it's high profile, but safe for him). Both Cena and Brock fit the bill for big name faces who could carry the main event... Taker could also fit the big as a final send off.

Honestly this feels like kind of a funny WM... maybe it's because of how far out we are, but yeah... there's a lot of moving pieces that could be rotated in and out between now and Mania that would completely change the card, but none of them really feel like must see, or biggest WM ever... lot's of solid and some new potential match ups, but missing the sizzle. Were I the WWE I'd probably start committing to some match ups early and putting some heat on the various feud's; keep the guys away from one another in match ups, but dig down deep and give it their best effort in the story telling department.

Yeah, given that Sheamus just won the belt and has a new stable with three other fairly big-name guys, it wouldn't shock me to see him go all the way to Mania as champion. And Taker could be an interesting name to face Sheamus for the belt there...those two have never feuded before (I don't know if they've even wrestled each other before) and it could be the last big hurrah for Taker, main-eventing WrestleMania in Texas for the WWE title.

And random sidenote: if you don't count Roman Reigns' five-minute title reign and consider that Brock Lesnar was a heel the entire time he held the WWE title (despite getting cheered over Roman), we haven't had a face WWE world champion in 16 months, since Cena lost it to Lesnar at SummerSlam 2014.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 12-7-2015 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm having a hard time coming up with a rational winner for the upcoming Rumble. But that has equal parts to do with the fact that my concept of "rational" and the WWE's is vastly different, and that the roster is in such a state of upheaval right now because of injuries and shoddy booking. Nobody really has the momentum you'd expect of somebody to walk into The Rumble as an odds on favorite.

Forgive me, but I wanted to post something similar to this last year while we were all warming our hands by the dumpster fire that was Roman Reigns' Road To Wrestlemania. I figure this is probably just as good a place as any to share it...

For it's place in the hierarchy of WWE's BIG SHOWS (no, not that guy) the winner of The Royal Rumble hasn't exactly meant a whole lot over the past 10 years or so. It's still normally one of the most fun shows of the year, but is only remarkable for random entrants and surprise returns than it is for actually impacting the main event picture of Wrestlemania. Even taking that into consideration, a lot of recent Rumbles have been incredibly flat.

Take a look at the winners of the past 10 Royal Rumbles and the trajectories they took on their respective Roads To Wrestlemania...

2006: Rey Mysterio went on to win the WHC in a Triple Threat against Kurt Angle and Randy Orton that lasted less than 10 minutes. Got leapfrogged by Triple H who lost that years Rumble but won a tournament to face John Cena in the main event of WM22.

2007: Undertaker went on to defeat Batista for the WHC smack dab in the middle of WM23. What's interesting about this one is that the man that Taker eliminated to win The Rumble, Shawn Michaels, actually went on to Mania against John Cena. Ostensibly, the real main event of WM23 was "The Battle Of The Billionaires."

2008: John Cena made a surprising return (and to an even more surprising NYC reaction) and went on lose both the crowds goodwill and his Triple Threat match for the WWEC against Triple H (the man he eliminated to win The Rumble) and Randy Orton. Undertaker and Edge main evented WM24.

2009: Randy Orton went on to main event WM25 in a losing effort against Triple H for the WWEC. This marked the first time since 2005 that the winner of The Rumble had main evented a Wrestlemania.

2010: Edge made a surprise return and went on to lose to Chris Jericho for the WHC in the lowest billed of 3 main events. The man he eliminated to win The Rumble, John Cena, went on to regain the WWEC against Batista, while Undertaker and Shawn Michaels headlined WM26 in a little match that had something to do with a streak and a career or something.

2011: Alberto Del Rio won the biggest Rumble ever to go on to lose to Edge for the WHC in the opening match of WM27 which is only notable after the fact because it ended up being Edge's last match. The night was capped off by Undertaker/Triple H (for totally like the first time ever), a match involving Snooki, and Miz/John Cena in the main event.

2012: Sheamus infamously went on to defeat Daniel Bryan for the WHC in 18 seconds in, once again, the opening match of WM28 (which set the stage for Bryan's ascension to sainthood.) The man Sheamus eliminated to win the Rumble, Chris Jericho, went on to battle CM Punk in a losing effort for the WWEC in the sub-main event. John Cena and The Rock went on last in a non-title match.

2013: John Cena defeated The Rock for the WWEC in the main event of WM29. This marked the first time since 2005 where a Royal Rumble winner went on to both main event AND win their world title match at a Wrestlemania.

2014: Batista won The Rumble, but uproarious disapproval from the fans led to Daniel Bryan being inserted into, and winning, the main event of WM30 for the now unified WHC.

2015: Roman Reigns went on to face Brock Lesnar in a losing effort for the WHC in the main event of WM31. Once again, because of uproarious disapproval from the fans: Stuff happened.

At this point, the pessimist in me wonders why we even bother getting worked up over the potential winners of the Rumble. It really hasn't meant anything for quite a while as far as the big picture is concerned. Granted, that has a lot to do with the dual World Titles that were created because of the brand split and the winner of The Rumble being plugged into the B-match while the bookers focused on the often more important Spinner Title. Since the unification we've only had one title that everyone is going after, and the two Rumble winners since have been so clearly telegraphed and uninspired that the fans have revolted.

The big question is whether or not next year--holy shit, NEXT MONTH(!)--they decide to try and do something that is surprising and welcomed by the fans. With things being as they are currently, I can't even hazard a guess as to what that "something" might be. They've definitely got themselves painted into a corner here.

Disregarding everything except the response from fans, I'm going to go with Dean Ambrose OR Kevin Owens. Those two are the most consistently over guys they have on their roster, they connect with the fans and really at this point what do they have to lose by elevating either guy?

[Edited on 12/7/2015 by CM Crunk]

Oney Lorcan Guy

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7557
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2015 at 02:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CM Crunk
2008: John Cena made a surprising return (and to an even more surprising NYC reaction) and went on to defeat Randy Orton and Triple H for the WWEC.

Just to nitpick, Orton won the match at WrestleMania XXIV over Cena and Triple H (which I remember being a pretty big surprise at the time, since everyone figured that either Cena or Triple H were going to walk out with the belt).

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 12-7-2015 at 02:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon

Just to nitpick, Orton won the match at WrestleMania XXIV over Cena and Triple H (which I remember being a pretty big surprise at the time, since everyone figured that either Cena or Triple H were going to walk out with the belt).

Fixed.

I thought I'd weeded out any especially glaring typos before posting, but I guess that's what I get for rushing through a post with several other irons in the fire at the same time. Regardless, my point still stands: winning The Royal Rumble means much more in theory than it actually has in practice. And that says a lot more about WWE's ability to market than it does their ability to book.

[Edited on 12/7/2015 by CM Crunk]

Oney Lorcan Guy

TonyTH
Showstopper

Posts 611
Registered 10-3-2007

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2015 at 05:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I really can't see anything but "Roman Reigns to boos". He might Rematch Sheamus at the RR, AND have to win the RR match to get another shot. Making him a big underdog to get him over. Except it won't. Until I see the hint of storytelling to lead me believe otherwise, I really think this is the plan.

Sad part is, I bet the League of Nations is going to develop and all of those guys are awesome. And I bet Roman still fails to develop any sort of personality. It's going to be really hard for the guy going forward. I really hope this isn't the plan, but it's all I can really see happening with how stubborn they have been about all this.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   TonyTH 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3498
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2015 at 12:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Roman Reigns is 30. Finn Balor is 34. Balor can carry the company for a few years while they make Reigns the super-over face they want him to be. The unfortunate truth for Reigns is that he's about as over as he's going to get in the next few years, and no world title win will change that. Give him a win against HHH at Mania (HHH won last year, so can take a loss this year), and an interesting year in 2016, and he might slowly become more accepted at the top.

Meanwhile, Balor might only have 4 good years in him, 6 at best until he's 40 - time to shit or get off the pan.

I assume they're pushing the crap out of Charlotte for similar reasons - the Flair thing helps, but she's 6 years older than the far Superior Sasha Banks, so they have to make the most of her while they can, knowing Sasha will still be around in 2+ years time. Reigns has time on his side, hopefully WWE give him time to breathe and mature before they cause the fans to burn out on him.

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4623
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 12-7-2015 at 03:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In what universe is Finn Balor ready to carry WWE on his back for a few years? I know that he's really over with the NXT crowd, but so is everyone else not named Eva Marie. Yes, he puts on good matches, and yes, he has a ring entrance that a lot of people love, but those two things alone aren't enough to qualify you for the top spot in the company. Unless you're a good talker, the path to the top for someone with lots of wrestling talent but poor mic skills is a long one.

Balor hasn't cracked the main roster and the track record of recent NXT champions moving to the main roster to make an immediate impact does not suggest that Balor is in position to be the top guy in WWE. Unless you think that Balor is every bit the well-rounded as Kevin Owens, he doesn't stand a choice. I think it is more likely that he follows a similar trajectory as Neville upon his WWE main roster debut. That isn't a bad thing. Neville still has plenty of time to move up the ranks, but he isn't very high on the card and I can't see Balor getting his hands on a brass ring anytime soon.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 12-7-2015 at 06:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Billy Kidman.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1784
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 12-7-2015 at 09:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If healthy, Daniel Bryan

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2448
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 12-7-2015 at 09:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Lloyd Wright
If healthy, Daniel Bryan

This would be ideal, of course, not only because of Bryan being so over and beloved, but because the story is so easy. The eighteen second match from a few years ago arguably started the birth of Daniel Bryan as we know him. Sheamus can easily play that clip and be mocking, arrogant while the League of Nations beats Bryan down. Bryan could easily lead a team in a four-on-four match at whatever PPV is between Rumble and Mania against the League of Nations.

I dunno, I just like fantasy booking. But realistically, given his recent injury history, no matter how healthy DB is, there's no way WWE puts their eggs right back into his basket. I suspect that's part of why they're hesitant to clear him - the minute DB shows up, the crowd's going to want him to main event and will potentially boo anyone who isn't him, especially if he shows up at or pre-Rumble..

[Edited on 12-7-2015 by GodEatGod]

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3064
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 12-7-2015 at 09:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod

I dunno, I just like fantasy booking. But realistically, given his recent injury history, no matter how healthy DB is, there's no way WWE puts their eggs right back into his basket. I suspect that's part of why they're hesitant to clear him - the minute DB shows up, the crowd's going to want him to main event and will potentially boo anyone who isn't him, especially if he shows up...]

I have to agree. Bryan in WWE land is cursed with being too over. They learned from batista that you can't plan with him in the mix, and if he's iffy, then they don't have the goods to plan around him.

Aside from Lesnar, all of the choices seem boring. I'm hoping for a left field winner like Wyatt, but my gut tells me Cena

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-8-2015 at 01:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If the top 3 matches are Cena-Taker, Reigns-HHH, and Brock-Rock/Batista (I'm gonna pretend they can pull off getting one of them), then you're left with what to do with Sheamus.

I think there's 3 options (because you don't make stable of legit guys if it's not going to be going on for a while)

1. Daniel Bryan - he makes the most sense to fit in here. Most obvious is his comeback should be a big deal. Second is obviously the perfect "face going up against an unstoppable force with the ultimate of ultimate faces".

Third, and this is the most underrated part, this would only be the 4th biggest match.

Under WWE idea, you're maximizing the use of Daniel Bryan both depth-wise and way enough for fans to be satisfied. You're also only keeping him in the 4th match, so it's protection in case he gets hurt again. You can much easier plug in someone else into the 4th biggest match than the main event. So an Ambrose or someone at that level could fit the hole. Not to mention, Sheamus will get a ton of heat for "being the one" who ends Daniel Bryan's career.

2. Finn Balor - What's been seen in many posts already - WWE needs main eventers, desperately needs help with their "star machine" and has as close to a sure thing sitting in NXT. Demon entrance and a win at Royal Rumble and immediately winning the title at WM is pretty much the way to prevent WWE from ever being able to lose him in the mix. Damned be his age, or really anyone else. It's silly in 2015 to think 40 is some mystical end to these guys' primes physically or gimmickly, but frankly it's just important for WWE to make people look like big fucking deals when they arrive. This is the best way to do so....and...again...it's the 3rd or 4th biggest match on the card, so it's far less of a risk.

3. Kevin Owens - Seems a little like an odd move, I know. Ideally, if one of the top-2 ideas can happen, you can actually create an incredibly strong top-FIVE matches by having Sami Zayn debut and take on Owens at Mania to finally get his NXT revenge.

But Owens is over...and just as much a key...is Canadian.

Inevitably he's going to run into The League Of Nations and they're going to want him to be in proximity of it. You can keep it as tenuous as you need to, but the second he wins the Royal Rumble, it sets up an adjacent-type Evolution moment where Owens decides he won't just lay down for the League and he's going to take the match at Mania, becoming a huge face.

Yeah, it kills one of your better heels, but with 4 guys in the League they can build, New Day, and guys like Dean Ambrose and Ryback you can turn...there will always be enough to put on that side. Building a big face is hard. Might as well do it while they're hot.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12660
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-8-2015 at 01:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I never even thought of turning Kevin Owens face, but the way you just laid it out, I think that could really work.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6031
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: WHY IS ANYTHING

posted on 12-8-2015 at 02:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by S Kid J E T S 48
3. Kevin Owens - Seems a little like an odd move, I know. Ideally, if one of the top-2 ideas can happen, you can actually create an incredibly strong top-FIVE matches by having Sami Zayn debut and take on Owens at Mania to finally get his NXT revenge.

But Owens is over...and just as much a key...is Canadian.

Inevitably he's going to run into The League Of Nations and they're going to want him to be in proximity of it. You can keep it as tenuous as you need to, but the second he wins the Royal Rumble, it sets up an adjacent-type Evolution moment where Owens decides he won't just lay down for the League and he's going to take the match at Mania, becoming a huge face.

Yeah, it kills one of your better heels, but with 4 guys in the League they can build, New Day, and guys like Dean Ambrose and Ryback you can turn...there will always be enough to put on that side. Building a big face is hard. Might as well do it while they're hot.

I love the shit outta this idea, with one exception/addition. He wouldn't necessarily become a huge face and kill one of their better heels as much as he would become the next CM Punk. Owens is the only guy in his position on the roster, unless they have something in mind with Ambrose, that could possibly walk that shit-talking heelface faceheel line like ol' Feisty Phil did. He's got the attitude, mouthwords and wrasslin' abilities par excellence to fight with the LoN, Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatts, all at the same time.

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Ortonmustdie
Fella

Posts 364
Registered 6-30-2008

Mood: Plotting

posted on 12-8-2015 at 03:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Drew Carey.

that's okay, I know the way out....

[Edited on 12-8-2015 by Ortonmustdie]

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 12-8-2015 at 04:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ortonmustdie
Drew Carey.

that's okay, I know the way out....

[Edited on 12-8-2015 by Ortonmustdie]

Thankfully, so did Drew.

[insert the HI-larious .gif or embedded video of him eliminating himself from The Rumble I would have included if I weren't typing this from my phone]

Oney Lorcan Guy

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top