The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  30    31    32    33  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OO Universe's homage to the next President of the USoA
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 11741
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: Authoritized

posted on 5-19-2017 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
In a choice between resignation or going to jail, I'm sure Trump would resign. I'm sure he would even try to spin it as a "victory" rather than failure.

"I have done more in my 120 days of presidency than any president has in 4 or even 8 years! I have accomplished so much, and believe me, my accomplishments were the best, I have accomplished so much that there is nothing more for me to accomplish, so I will move on."

Or some bullshit like that.

[Edited on 5-19-2017 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3442
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Obtuse

posted on 5-19-2017 at 11:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Together, they have been on top of all the latest breaking news: Comey's firing, grand jury indictments, the FBI raid in Annapolis.

They seem to think that the FBI is building a RICO case against the GOP including the highest ranking members of the federal government. They claim that the GOP was accepting and laundering money - Russian money - in off shore accounts and that money was being used as "bribes" to do the bidding of Russian intelligence. According to them, Trump, Pence, Bannon, Preibus, McConnell, Sessions and Ryan are all on tapes discussing this and will be arrested and charged very soon.

Obviously, take all of this with a grain of salt. The idea of seven of our most powerful politicians doing the perp walk along Pennsylvania Avenue is the almost too much to believe, but they seem to know what they are talking about.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russia-probe-reaches-current-white-house-official-people-familiar-with-the-case-say/2017/05/19/ 7685adba-3c99-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?tid=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.2af5897432f5#comments

Well, I'll be damned..,

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."
--- Stephen Miller, Trump senior White House advisor, Feb. 12, 2017

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1122
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 5-20-2017 at 03:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
In a choice between resignation or going to jail, I'm sure Trump would resign. I'm sure he would even try to spin it as a "victory" rather than failure.

Yeah, but is Trump ever going to think those are the only choices? I can't envision a scenario in which someone tells him "You should resign now, or you're going to be removed from office and charged" and he doesn't reply, "Only if they find me guilty, which they won't, because I'm totally innocent! Fake news! Sad!"

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3442
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Obtuse

posted on 5-22-2017 at 02:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
About 90% of the high-level jobs in Trump's administration are still unfilled.

In the Justice Dept., the heads of the anti-trust, civil rights, criminal, and civil divisions are yet to be nominated, let alone confirmed. At Homeland Security, there are no chiefs for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and TSA. In the Education Dept., which has 4,400 employees, the only confirmed officer is Secretary Betsy DeVos. The same is true for the State Dept. and all the others.

500 of the 557 positions requiring Senate confirmation are empty.

I guess that is what Steve Bannon meant when he said he wanted the "deconstruction of the administrative state".

[Edited on 5-22-2017 by CCharger]

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."
--- Stephen Miller, Trump senior White House advisor, Feb. 12, 2017

Quentil
Showstopper

Posts 702
Registered 5-13-2003
Location Saratoga Springs, NY

Mood:

posted on 5-27-2017 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is hilarious, and so terrible at the same time. Seriously, The president's son-in-law is caught trying to set up secret communications that the US intelligence can't monitor? How is this not treason? And how could Trump not have known of this? I mean, seriously?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/politics/kushner-talked-to-russian-envoy-about-creating-secret-channel-with-kremlin.html

[Edited on 5-27-2017 by Quentil]

<<  30    31    32    33  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top