The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OO Universe's homage to the next President of the USoA
merc
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1514
Registered 2-23-2006
Location New England

Mood: GO PATS!!!

posted on 2-12-2016 at 03:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I read all 22 pages. Thank you for providing them.

Your presentation distorts what's included with what appears to be either fiction or sarcasm by you.

There are zero emails to/from Christie.
There is nothing attributable to Christie.

The only reference that could possibly be tied to him occurred on 9/13 @ 6:46am when it indicated "he asked about the test. He asked why he wasn't told." The emails are so redacted, that I'm not sure that is about Christie, it could be about some other exec.

For those that want a concise report here is the NY times (not exactly a conservative think tank) flowchart/ report, last updated May 14, 2015:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/08/nyregion/chris-christie-and-bridgegate-guide.html?ref=Liveblog.

I'll simply point out that after 16 months a Democrat, US Attorney, Paul Fishman ended the investigation with no allegation, charge or hint of guilt by Christie. Nothing has happened in the ensuing months.

In the end, all that means is there was not enough evidence to indict. US attorneys thru Grand Juries are frequently sited as being able to indict a ham sandwich if they want to.

My conclusion is there is no link or smoking gun no matter how hard people want to believe otherwise.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 2-12-2016 at 03:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by merc

Your presentation distorts what's included with what appears to be either fiction or sarcasm by you.

It's not my presentation. I summarized NBC New York's timeline (into a couple points.) Again, not my work. Journalists' work.

It appears to be the same timeline here:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/christie_bridge_scandal_a_timeline_of_events_1.html

And here:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/02/04/nyregion/Timeline-George-Washington-Bridge-Scandal.html?_r=0#/#time302_8379

"Jan. 8, 2014: The emails between Kelly and Wildstein are obtained by NBC 4 New York and other media outlets. The messages contradict for the first time publicly Christie's assertion that his administration was not involved."

And here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-05-01/a-timeline-of-christie-proclaiming-innocence-in-bridgegate-for-16-months

Somebody here is full of shit, and it looks like Christie or his appointees. Well it doesn't even look like it. It is true. Christie had denied any involvement of his people, which is blatantly false.

quote:
The only reference that could possibly be tied to him occurred on 9/13 @ 6:46am when it indicated "he asked about the test. He asked why he wasn't told." The emails are so redacted, that I'm not sure that is about Christie, it could be about some other exec.

It appears you're not getting what I'm saying.

quote:
For those that want a concise report here is the NY times (not exactly a conservative think tank) flowchart/ report, last updated May 14, 2015:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/04/08/nyregion/chris-christie-and-bridgegate-guide.html?ref=Liveblog. .

Yea. I did eeny meeny miny moe when I went with the timeline I initially posted instead of this one. You read it, right? Again....

"Jan. 8, 2014: The emails between Kelly and Wildstein are obtained by NBC 4 New York and other media outlets. The messages contradict for the first time publicly Christie's assertion that his administration was not involved."

quote:
I'll simply point out that after 16 months a Democrat, US Attorney, Paul Fishman ended the investigation with no allegation, charge or hint of guilt by Christie. Nothing has happened in the ensuing months.

In the end, all that means is there was not enough evidence to indict. US attorneys thru Grand Juries are frequently sited as being able to indict a ham sandwich if they want to.

My conclusion is there is no link or smoking gun no matter how hard people want to believe otherwise.

Again, I feel there is a real disconnect between us. I never said there was a smoking gun or that Christie had been proven guilty. Hence I mentioned Occam's Razor. You know what that is?

If you can look at all this and say "Gee, he seems swell!" than more power to you I guess. I would implore one to use a little bit of critical thinking. And then hopefully say, "Wow. Either Chris sat down and told these pieces of shit to do this in person, or they did on their own. At any rate, either he's a piece of shit, or the people he surrounds himself are pieces of shit. Probably not the type of person we would want leading the most powerful nation on Earth.... how about the whole lot of 'em stay in Jersey...."

p.s.

"Feb. 1: Christie is booed at Super Bowl event with other dignitaries."

LOL. This happens when you or your people fuck over every motorist in sight.

edit;

And for the record, I have no personal feelings for the man. I recall thinking he was one of the more stand up guys on the Right when he worked hand in hand with Obama to help speed up the storm recovery in NJ. Aside from that I have no real opinion of the man. Well that is until this unfolded.

You can defend him all you want, but you're the one with the dog in this race, so you're the one most likely to have your judgement clouded. If you can honestly look at him lying about his people having a hand in this, and his boy pleading the 5th, and feel in your heart that he's 100% clean, then congratulations on your unwavering belief in a some guy you want to get drunk with. I'd like to get hammered with Bill Burr, but I don't think I want him running the country.

[Edited on 2-12-2016 by BBMN]

"Put the chicken wings down n come to Jihad bro."

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10543
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Mordor of the soul

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 2-12-2016 at 07:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kind of the odd thing about Christie was that he was kind of a neo-Nixon on a state level. There was a lot of potential with him, possibly even some deep intelligence that could have made a major positive difference for New Jersey, but his inability to control his urges to be an overwhelming & petty bully pretty much entirely nuked any good he would have been able to to do.

"Let's go give these Canuckleheads a good ol red-white-and-blue fist-fucking!" - Janerd75

janerd75
The Man

Posts 5933
Registered 1-28-2013
Location THE WORST IN THE WOOOOORLD

Mood: Climate Taint

posted on 2-12-2016 at 10:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, but just try to enjoy this for what it is rather than where it came from.

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

merc
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1514
Registered 2-23-2006
Location New England

Mood: GO PATS!!!

posted on 2-12-2016 at 11:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
IPAD 2 and editing quotes = too much work.

Please accept these thoughts as responses where they belong.

As I recalled Occum, is is a simplistic theory that basically says, " the solution with the fewest assumptions should be chosen." You link data with an assumption, I don't. 1>0. I WIN!!!!

{I did go back to check my memory, I found this nasty tidbit "In the scientific method, Occam's razor is not considered an irrefutable principle of logic " so I rescind my win even though it was your game. }

My lack of faith in Superbowl crowd's intellect was greatly diminished when they boo'd the greatest quarterback of all time this year. A stadium full of more compelling dullards had never been seen that far west of the Mississippi.
If the assumption on Super Bowl crowds is the proximity to NY is the boo driver, then I would simply point to the fact that the same people cheer the NY Yankees and we really don't want to opine on their intellectual capabilities.

I would rather have a beer with Christie, but he did not make it as "my dog". Who am I kidding, there is no such thing as "a beer" and for me to present that as proof is just stupid. BTW, I'd rather have several beers with those on these forums than any politician {except Vanja Hadzovic}.

In all seriousness, I'm always inclined not to convict someone unless the DNA is conclusive...{no blue dress pun intended however it does fit nicely}. In this case here I would agree the circumstantial evidence is enough for a civil court, but fails in criminal court.

As to his fitness to become president based off of all of this...meh. Did you look at the 13 minutes of Hillary lying? Watch Rubio or Cruz change positions on Illegals, then deny doing so when confronted on live TV? Hear anything Bernie or Donald are saying? My God man! The only politician on a national level held accountable for lying since I was born is Richard M. Nixon...although there was a republican speaker of the house who stepped down a decade or two ago...so maybe two.

Pad, I also agree his may have been a politician wasted; although time heals all wounds and he is fairly young.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10543
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 2-12-2016 at 11:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, but just try to enjoy this for what it is rather than where it came from.

Tried to, but he's just too huge a menace to basic decency to ignore. Good use of pop culture regardless, which something 99.9999% of Republicans just can't do. Satire? What's that? Better stick to Bill Clinton blowjob jokes for the drones from Sector 7G.

And back to the usual toolbaggery:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/45596_Ted_Cruz_Lies_Again-_Supreme_Court_Might_Strike_Down_the_2nd_Amendment_if_Democrats_Win

Truly the Kobayashi Maru scenario of an election. There is no winning formula because no matter which one of these pieces of shit wins everyone else on the outside of the machine looking in loses.

"Let's go give these Canuckleheads a good ol red-white-and-blue fist-fucking!" - Janerd75

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7335
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 2-13-2016 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So if Donald Trump wins, does that mean we're not getting Machete Kills in Space since the main villain role would be too much like the president?

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1937
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 2-14-2016 at 09:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Surprised no one's popped in to mention Scalia yet.

The fuck that is this election season is about to get 200% more clustered.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10543
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 2-14-2016 at 10:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Scalia's death will turn the election from the burning garbage fire it's already been into a complete Category 5 shitticane, with poo being flung everywhere. That eruption at the day-care toddler fight they tried to past off as a debate last night in SC, where the audience booed the moderator for asking the candidates to stick to facts, was just the opening salvo. It can only get worse from now on in. I heard that Obama's already got a serious list of moderates and centrist judges with impeccable legal credentials to present but apparently Ted Cruz and Mitch McConnell have already decided on *Martin Shkreli as Scalia's replacement, and they're going filibuster/hold their breath until they pass out if he isn't confirmed.

* just kidding, their short list of candidates is Michele Bachmann, Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Angle, Sarah Palin, and Ann Coulter. who said that these guys weren't feminists at heart?

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 981
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 2-15-2016 at 01:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It has occurred to me that the Republicans will have not selected their candidate for the Presidency when their convention starts in Cleveland in July. Right now, there are five guys that I think still have a very good chance of getting the nominee (Trump, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz and Bush). No one will want to drop out because they think Trump will eventually melt down. In the meantime, Trump will continue to pull in 25-40% of the vote and the rest will get split up so no one will get a majority. Chaos will ensue at the convention.

Meanwhile, I expect that the Senate will refuse to act on any Obama nominee for the Supreme Court. How this affects the election, well, my take is that everything will get even more polarized, but it is entirely possible that we'll end up with both a Democratic president and a Democratic Senate from this and then you'll end up with a flaming liberal 37-year-old justice.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 5933
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 2-15-2016 at 08:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bipartisanshit!

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1597
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 2-15-2016 at 01:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bopol
It has occurred to me that the Republicans will have not selected their candidate for the Presidency when their convention starts in Cleveland in July. Right now, there are five guys that I think still have a very good chance of getting the nominee (Trump, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz and Bush). No one will want to drop out because they think Trump will eventually melt down. In the meantime, Trump will continue to pull in 25-40% of the vote and the rest will get split up so no one will get a majority. Chaos will ensue at the convention.

No one will want to drop out, but a lot of them won't have the cash to make it all the way to July. Donald Trump, unless he has an enormous meltdown, won't have any trouble making it that far, and Jeb Bush can basically afford to stay in the race as long as he wants. But John Kasich can't afford to stay in it that long unless all the not-Trump money coalesces behind him soon. I wonder about Marco Rubio, too, if he can't recover from his Milli Vanilli moment at the pre-New Hampshire debate.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 2-15-2016 at 03:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by merc
"In the scientific method, Occam's razor is not considered an irrefutable principle of logic "

Again, I've never said he's been proven guilty. And again, this is where our disconnect seems to be stemming from... To you, it appears that there are essentially two options - Chris is totally 100% clean in this, or Chris is 100% guilty. I am saying there is a third option - He hasn't been proven guilty, but that in no fucking way means he might not have had a hand in the bridge closing. There's quite a bit of doubt to the notion that his appointees just up and decided to do this on their own, coupled with the fact that one refuses to go into why this happened. So there's a reason, and he's refusing to to spell it out. If this doesn't give one pause as to the idea that the reason might be "my boss told me to" than I am at a loss.

And again, even if one can show that Christie was 100% not involved, you still end up with the very true and non-deniable fact that he put these fucks in power. They're his men. If his judgement is so bad that the end result is his people fucking over thousands of motorists for petty reasons, do you honestly want him in the White House? Seriously? Him and his people can't even manage to not fuck up a bridge? A fucking bridge. Jesus. Now let's extrapolate that out to the federal level.

quote:
As to his fitness to become president based off of all of this...meh. Did you look at the 13 minutes of Hillary lying? Watch Rubio or Cruz change positions on Illegals, then deny doing so when confronted on live TV? Hear anything Bernie or Donald are saying? My God man! The only politician on a national level held accountable for lying since I was born is Richard M. Nixon...although there was a republican speaker of the house who stepped down a decade or two ago...so maybe two.

I honestly don't care about any of those people in the context of judging Christie's character or judgement.

[Edited on 2-15-2016 by BBMN]

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 2-15-2016 at 03:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Debate Crowd Boos Facts

I can't even make fun of this. The crowd literally boos facts.

I've never heard of anything like this outside of dystopian novels.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3943
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 2-15-2016 at 06:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I almost want to get HBO just so I can watch his show... Jump to around 10:30 for the best part.

Edit to embed

[Edited on 2-15-2016 by OOMike]

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 981
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 2-15-2016 at 09:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G. Jonah Jameson
quote:

No one will want to drop out, but a lot of them won't have the cash to make it all the way to July. Donald Trump, unless he has an enormous meltdown, won't have any trouble making it that far, and Jeb Bush can basically afford to stay in the race as long as he wants. But John Kasich can't afford to stay in it that long unless all the not-Trump money coalesces behind him soon. I wonder about Marco Rubio, too, if he can't recover from his Milli Vanilli moment at the pre-New Hampshire debate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kasich can find a sugar daddy to take care of him in the hope of having the appropriate influence of a president. Ditto: Rubio & Cruz. Bush and Trump are loaded. No one's going anywhere unless Kasich or Rubio start bombing.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2507
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

janerd75
The Man

Posts 5933
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 2-19-2016 at 11:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
'Murcanada 2016!!!

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3235
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Can't Even

posted on 2-20-2016 at 07:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OOMike
I almost want to get HBO just so I can watch his show... Jump to around 10:30 for the best part.

[John Oliver Was Here]

[Edited on 2-15-2016 by OOMike]
I can say with complete honesty, his show is the ONLY thing I watch on HBO, and I think it's entirely worth every penny. He is my personal hero.

And I encourage you all to Vote For Canada. We'll at least apologize when we fuck up some foreign leader's name, or bang some intern, or get caught smoking weed pre-legalization.

[Edited on 2-20-2016 by Count Zero]

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1937
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 2-21-2016 at 08:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Interesting little nugget about a week ago that I wonder if it isn't some kind of foreshadowing...

Remember when Donald Trump finally signed that RNC pledge to support whoever the nominee might be and not run as a third-party candidate? Remember how they all breathed a sigh of relief?

Well, he released a statement a little while back, mostly the usual Trump stuff about suing Cruz, accusing him of dirty tactics, dipping back into the birther pool, etc. It's a lot of illogical shit (if you really think that he's ineligible to run [he is], just challenge it), but here was the more interesting passage to me:
quote:
One of the ways I can fight back is to bring a lawsuit against him relative to the fact that he was born in Canada and therefore cannot be President. If he doesn’t take down his false ads and retract his lies, I will do so immediately. Additionally, the RNC should intervene and if they don’t they are in default of their pledge to me.
So Trump is going out of his way to note that the *RNC* is breaking a pledge to *him*.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I could definitely see this as the seeds being planted for if Cruz wins (or it goes to a brokered convention and the party takes someone other than Trump), Trump to give them the finger, say "you didn't honor your pledge, why should I honor mine?", run as an independent and hand the election to the Democrats.

[Edited on 2-21-2016 by Cherokee Jack]

I'm Cherokee Jack!

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1597
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 2-21-2016 at 08:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't think Trump would actually run as an independent. That statement is a combination of bluffing and trying to get his supporters riled up. Still, though, for maximum insanity, imagine a world in which, not only does Trump run as an independent, but Bloomberg does, too.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10543
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 2-21-2016 at 08:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After last night Cruz looks to be dead in the water after finishing third behind dumb-bot Rubio is a bible-thump state that he was expected to finish really strong in. If Cruz doesn't runaway in Texas he's toast. Which is a good thing because he represents a strain inside conservatism that's even nuttier than Trump is. The last hope for sane Republicans is if the establishment GOP has enough stroke remaining that they can force Trump to take on John Kasich as his VP running mate. This would give Ohio to the GOP. Kasich's Tea Party-lite with a lot of dumb ideas himself, and too big a focus on austerity, but would still be able to keep the state out of Clinton's hands. It also gives some stability to the situation Gerry Ford-style because when President Trump is inevitably impeached Kasich will be there and is still semi-responsible enough to keep everything from collapsing completely.

Regardless of all that I'm now pulling for Trump because:

1) he'll sign off on Keystone XL
2) he's insane
3) I'm insane
4) looking forward to the gong show that erupts when he does something so crooked, which is inevitable because he's a filthy Manhattan realtor for fucks sake, that it looks like a combination of Watergate x IranContra x Saddam's WMD's x 2008 market meltdown x one million and it ends with him being led out of the White House in handcuffs by no later than 2019

At this stage in the cosmic depravity of this particular giggle show there's no sane option left except to just laugh and laugh and laugh, like you just saw Nyarlathotep's real visage and not one of his avatars. Or, as an extreme escape option. ......

ETA that this is what Trump's upcoming triangulation on the Rubio dumb-bot it going to look like, except even more cold-blooded and chilling. It's like he's that German sharpshooter from Inglorious Basterds just picking them off one by one by one......

[Edited on 2/21/2016 by Paddlefoot]

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 981
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 2-21-2016 at 11:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
After last night Cruz looks to be dead in the water after finishing third behind dumb-bot Rubio is a bible-thump state that he was expected to finish really strong in. If Cruz doesn't runaway in Texas he's toast. Which is a good thing because he represents a strain inside conservatism that's even nuttier than Trump is. The last hope for sane Republicans is if the establishment GOP has enough stroke remaining that they can force Trump to take on John Kasich as his VP running mate. This would give Ohio to the GOP. Kasich's Tea Party-lite with a lot of dumb ideas himself, and too big a focus on austerity, but would still be able to keep the state out of Clinton's hands. It also gives some stability to the situation Gerry Ford-style because when President Trump is inevitably impeached Kasich will be there and is still semi-responsible enough to keep everything from collapsing completely.

Regardless of all that I'm now pulling for Trump because:

1) he'll sign off on Keystone XL
2) he's insane
3) I'm insane
4) looking forward to the gong show that erupts when he does something so crooked, which is inevitable because he's a filthy Manhattan realtor for fucks sake, that it looks like a combination of Watergate x IranContra x Saddam's WMD's x 2008 market meltdown x one million and it ends with him being led out of the White House in handcuffs by no later than 2019

At this stage in the cosmic depravity of this particular giggle show there's no sane option left except to just laugh and laugh and laugh, like you just saw Nyarlathotep's real visage and not one of his avatars. Or, as an extreme escape option. ......

ETA that this is what Trump's upcoming triangulation on the Rubio dumb-bot it going to look like, except even more cold-blooded and chilling. It's like he's that German sharpshooter from Inglorious Basterds just picking them off one by one by one......

[Edited on 2/21/2016 by Paddlefoot]

You know, we're going to have to live in this world. It's not like it's a video game.

A few thoughts:
* I'm not sure that Governor Kasich is popular enough in Ohio to push the state to the Republicans as a VP candidate. He won the governorship in the 2010 Republican landslide and held it in 2014 against a very weak candidate.

* Why can't the Canadians build their own refinery for that dirty oil?

* Not buying that Cruz is dead. It was 33/22/22. I don't think anyone can rule out any of the three at this point. As you said Rubio is a bit of a bot, but he'll get 'establishment' support, but Cruz will draw well among the diehard conservatives.

This is far from over.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 2-22-2016 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope Trump doesn't win....

Obama in a lot of ways was like an olive branch to the rest of world saying see, we're not so bad... all that nasty stuff you've said about us isn't all true.

To vote Trump in would be like America saying "Ha Ha, tricked you."

As for why Canada doesn't refine it's own oil.... it's complicated, but it's a combination of being late to the game (ie something we should have jumped on a long time ago), massive start up costs versus the future of oil, and what we use versus what we export (ie it was better for the economy to play nice with big American oil business because we sold far more than we used).

Canada building up it's own refineries isn't entirely off the table, but it's something we'll either have to really get behind or let go of once and for all.

It probably doesn't matter... once Trump is elected he'll probably lay the groundwork for an invasion of Canada to steal our water... and then sue us for publicly complaining about him.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10543
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 2-22-2016 at 04:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
* Why can't the Canadians build their own refinery for that dirty oil?

Because, despite all the talk Canadians say to each other to make us feel smarter than everyone else, we're actually as big a pack of short-sighted idiots as anyone anywhere else on the rest of the planet. That and because most of the big oil companies up here are American owned anyway and don't want to build a $10 billion refinery when it's easier to build a $6 billion pipeline to Texas or Illinois instead. Hence the bottleneck and no one seeing the job potential possible in doing as much upgrading and refining on the northern side of the border.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top