The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Table for 3
Tevaltski
And I am AWESOME

Posts 170
Registered 6-27-2007
Location NOVA

Mood: Whooooo!

posted on 9-23-2015 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Table for 3

So skimming through network listings I saw this and thought it might be a nice follow up to Legends Roundtable. First episode with Piper, Mr. Wonderful and Mene Gene. Must have been taped just a few weeks before Roddy died. Couple of interesting stories about some practical jokes the guys played on each other and talking about dealing with Mr. T.

Second one with New Day was funny and really showed how their personalities are really coming out now.

But the third episode was awesome. Madusa, Ivory and Molly. I lost track of how many F bombs Ivory dropped and Molly still looks so damn cute. Madusa talked about dating guys in and outside of the business. Ivory bitching about whiny exes and saying that by the way Molly wrestled that she knew she was great in bed. Really great conversation about the perception of the title trashing was enlightening.

Definitely looking towards more of this type of programming. Always liked the roundtables and talking about history and shows like this that cover more than just Wwe sanctioned history and tell lesser known stories is real interesting to me

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4371
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 9-24-2015 at 04:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reminder about this one.

I saw the WM1 episode exactly when it came out, by virtue of good fortune. I saw the New Day one a bit after it came out, but didn't mention it right away, because I have decided to quietly stockpile New Day Awesome on the off chance that wankers start to turn against them.

But the Retro Divas one, I had no idea about.... Molly is, indeed, as delightful as ever, even though I think her impact on the show is much like her impact on the product (she didn't really do much on her own, but everybody kept saying how she made them better). Easter Egg of the show is Madusa talking about her "exes" in the business, and how they are terrible cavemen.

Madusa dated Greg Valentine for quite a while back in the day.

Now, you know the Rest Of The Story....

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 9-24-2015 at 04:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've only watched the New Day one, which was just great. I love seeing how they have genuine chemistry and camaraderie outside of their characters as well (which was already evident in their episode of Talk is Jericho). I gotta go watch the other two soon.

GREG VALENTINE?!? Ew!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Foxcalibur
Showstopper

Posts 503
Registered 12-18-2014
Location San Francisco

Mood: Paid for the drivel

posted on 9-25-2015 at 03:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, I need to check that one out. Long live all three of those ladies.

NXT: It's like WWE, but fun!

salmonjunkie

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 9-25-2015 at 04:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I watched the Diva Legends episode. That was rad. I really liked their conversation. I totally forgot that Madusa was right there when Molly Holly first started as Miss Madness.

Holy shit, Madusa has only gotten hotter with age. That she's also a monster truck driver and champion makes her ever hotter.

I would have love to has seen the whole conversation unedited. I wonder if they asked Ivory about GLOW, and such. I also love Ivory's quip about the "Diva" moniker.

Also, WWE really needs to stop trying calling her Alundra Blaze since absolutely no one calls her that.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10711
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 9-25-2015 at 04:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ivory shot up considerably on the sexy scale by revealing that she has such a goddamn filthy fucking mouth on her. Girls that swear worse than dock workers? boing!

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

Sam Is Neat
Fella

Posts 452
Registered 2-21-2013

Mood: Moody

posted on 9-26-2015 at 06:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just watched the Ome with Madusa, Ivory and Molly and...I want my 26 minutes back. It was not good and I question people that found that to be interesting.

First off, Madusa has had considerable work done to her face. She doesn't even look like Madusa/Alundra Blayze anymore. She also was making everything more dramatic and poignant than it needed to be. Part of that is a function of WWE and the need to live within that universe, but really? YOU started the Momday Night Wars? Dropping the Women's Title in the trash was the catalyst? Me thinks she may be reading too many of her own press clippings. She wasn't even the first person to jump ship.

Molly seemed uncomfortable to even be there and seems to have the personality of a duplex nail.

And Ivory, who was ALWAYS very peppy and seemed like a nice person, still comes off as such. But she somehow developed the "cool aunt syndrome," where she speaks louder and drinks more in order to stay relevant.

And the biggest offender of all was the editing of the program itself. Stories that were just getting started, were clearly clipped down, and with the WWE's massive library, how do you NOT show accompanying footage to go with the girl's stories? Who wouldn't want to see Molly's debut in WCW as Ms. Madness, doing hurrancanranas in an evening gown? Why wouldn't you show Madusa dumping the title while she talks about it? Hell, I was even interested in seeing the 8-Woman tag match footage that Ivory was referencing when Jackie laid out Lita.

It's an interesting concept, but I think it needs work. Not as much work as Madusa has gotten, mind you, but work, nonetheless.

Foxcalibur
Showstopper

Posts 503
Registered 12-18-2014
Location San Francisco

Mood: Paid for the drivel

posted on 9-26-2015 at 07:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I haven't actually watched the thing myself yet, but... why does Madusa's plastic surgery have any bearing on her conversation? I think she still looks pretty good, personally.

I'm not sure you can really fault a wrestler for making things dramatic and tooting their own horn. That's sorta... their whole deal.

While it's wrong to say the belt-trashing incident started the Monday Night War -- Ted Turner gettin' in the 'rasslin' business did that -- calling it a catalyst is fair. The war was fairly lukewarm up to that point. Barbs thrown, talent poached. Madusa tossing the title was among the first times the war became personal in a narrative sense. WCW acknowledged their rivalry with WWE and did something truly vicious to spite them.

Of course, Ric Flair's WWE debut with the Big Gold Belt was a similar moment, but less effort was made to acknowledge that WCW was an opposing entity. Indeed, WWE pretended to have class by blurring the belt.

What I'm saying is that Madusa didn't fire the first shot, but she certainly was the first major strike in the Attitude-Era "Monday Night War" most people think of.

NXT: It's like WWE, but fun!

Sam Is Neat
Fella

Posts 452
Registered 2-21-2013

Mood: Moody

posted on 9-26-2015 at 02:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foxcalibur
I haven't actually watched the thing myself yet, but... why does Madusa's plastic surgery have any bearing on her conversation? I think she still looks pretty good, personally.

I'm not sure you can really fault a wrestler for making things dramatic and tooting their own horn. That's sorta... their whole deal.

While it's wrong to say the belt-trashing incident started the Monday Night War -- Ted Turner gettin' in the 'rasslin' business did that -- calling it a catalyst is fair. The war was fairly lukewarm up to that point. Barbs thrown, talent poached. Madusa tossing the title was among the first times the war became personal in a narrative sense. WCW acknowledged their rivalry with WWE and did something truly vicious to spite them.

Of course, Ric Flair's WWE debut with the Big Gold Belt was a similar moment, but less effort was made to acknowledge that WCW was an opposing entity. Indeed, WWE pretended to have class by blurring the belt.

What I'm saying is that Madusa didn't fire the first shot, but she certainly was the first major strike in the Attitude-Era "Monday Night War" most people think of.

The comment about her plastic surgery was for those that were prattling on about how good she looks, etc. she doesn't look bad at all, but let's be honest as to why that is.

And I am aware that that is what wrestlers do with regards to tooting their own horn, and everything is a work, including this show in question, but it was completely over the top on her part and eye roll inducing whe. She talked to up.

As a side note: Madusa during her first stint in WCW was probably my favorite female character ever. Tremendous heel. And I think she suffered from being about the only talented women's wrestler on the main stage, during her prime, which sucks. So the critique isn't based on personal dislike or anything like that.

salmonjunkie

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 9-28-2015 at 05:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I saw the ad on WWE Network for the show for some upcoming episodes that haven't aired yet.

WCW Legends - Sting, Vader, and DDP
Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose (I think this one is "Brass Ring")
an upcoming NXT one
an upcoming Diva Descendants one.

ETA: I'm well aware Madusa's had some work done, but she doesn't look like a stretchy plastic doll, she looks pretty natural (minus her boobs of course). I still think she's hot, but she's also hot because she's a 51 year old monster truck driving, tattoo'd badass.

And agreed with everyone who found Ivory cool and that the editing of the show isn't the best - I think a lot of that is how short the show is. I'm sure the conversation is much longer. However, I'm glad they don't show old clips throughout the conversation. I prefer the format of this show without it.

Also, I finally saw the Roddy, Mr Wonderful, Mean Gene one. That was fun, mostly talked about ribs.

[Edited on 9-28-2015 by salmonjunkie]

jaymosley6
Fella

Posts 352
Registered 1-27-2014

Mood: "Cup of coffee

posted on 10-1-2015 at 12:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just watched the Ziggler-Bryan-Ryback episode titled "The IC Champions Club."

Overall, it was pretty funny stuff. Ryback seems like a pretty self-deprecating dude, while Bryan comes off his usual likable self.

Ziggler was Ziggler, though I think all 3 of them were eating salads. But, yeah, this show is growing on me. That Ambrose-Cesaro-Owens episode should be pretty stellar. And me at 12 is pretty pumped to see Sting, DDP and VADER sitting around eating and shooting the shit.

cardscott5
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1221
Registered 6-28-2007
Location wherever god takes me

Mood:

posted on 10-3-2015 at 03:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just got into the show tonight. The story of how the Ryback needing to impress Brock Lesnar made me pause the show because I laughed so hard. That was a good one.

The one with New Day is great too because they seem like good guys.

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3498
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 10-13-2015 at 04:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Watched the Owens/Cesaro/Ambrose one last night. The other half was disgusted by Ambroses eating technique. I hope he uses a knife when out with Renee.
The Hitcher
Fella

Posts 405
Registered 12-25-2008
Location Manchester, UK

Mood: GLORIOUS!

posted on 10-15-2015 at 01:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just got done with Sting/DDP/Vader.

Obviously a lot of WCW stories but some nice interplay between the three on past matches and even some putting over of NXT.

DDP's obviously been a lot more candid over the years so you know what to expect but Sting/Vader both come off as nice guys, especially Vader, I always forget how quiet he is compared to his in-ring schtick.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 10-18-2015 at 07:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gobshite
Watched the Owens/Cesaro/Ambrose one last night. The other half was disgusted by Ambroses eating technique. I hope he uses a knife when out with Renee.

It felt like Ambrose was trying to be in character the whole time, while Cesaro and Owens were just talking like normal guys.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 10-18-2015 at 08:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore

It felt like Ambrose was trying to be in character the whole time, while Cesaro and Owens were just talking like normal guys.

Having seen and listened to many Ambrose interviews outside of the WWE bubble I think that's just Dean being Dean.

Oney Lorcan Guy

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 10-18-2015 at 10:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm really enjoying these, but I wish they were longer... feels like they're just getting started, then it's over.
Ortonmustdie
Fella

Posts 364
Registered 6-30-2008

Mood: Plotting

posted on 10-19-2015 at 04:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hitcher
Just got done with Sting/DDP/Vader.

Obviously a lot of WCW stories but some nice interplay between the three on past matches and even some putting over of NXT.

DDP's obviously been a lot more candid over the years so you know what to expect but Sting/Vader both come off as nice guys, especially Vader, I always forget how quiet he is compared to his in-ring schtick.

Two things:

Page's lips looked kinda purple, like Roddy Piper's did in his Table vid... like his blood circulation isn't that great. I hope I'm just imagining things.

Wish I knew when it was taped, since Sting mentioned facing John Cena in the future. (wrestlemania, I'd assume.)

[Edited on 10-19-2015 by Ortonmustdie]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top