The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NFL Regular Season 2015-16
janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4224
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

Mood: Rumspringa Fraggle

posted on 10-5-2015 at 08:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
The Dolphins fired Joe Philbin.

I love getting mOOst of my breaking news here. Fun story from the London trip: Apparently Ryan Tannehill was shit talking the scout team defenders for, like, y'know, doing their job and the players on defense took exception to his apparent dickishness and sandbagged the rest of the game. Awesome. Fucking awesome.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-quarterback-ryan-tannehill-had-feud-with-dolphins-defense-20151005-story.html />

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13814560/miami-dolphins-fire-joe-philbin

To be honest, this type of low grade Raiders-esque dysfuntion has been going on for years. Usually the "fun" in a Dolphin's season isn't wondering if This Is The Year! but predicting when and how bad the implosion is going to be. I really think players either only come here for the weather and bitchez or they don't understand the siren song of weather and bitchez and eventually fall for it anyway.

There is no unified fanbase down here. Maybe in the olden Shula Super Bowel days and even up to the end of noted fat headed stiff Dan Marino's tenure, but now, absolutely not. Hard to pull together sporting wise in a major tourist/transplant region when most everybody brings their team allegiances with them. Especially the gatdang'd New Yawkers *spits* and muhfuggin cunts from Baaston *spits harder*.

Now, now everyone don't worry about me, I'll be okay. If there's one thing I can take comfort in it's this:

NJ > Florida!
Sandy > Irma!
Springsteen > Tebow
DK > Janerd

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

CCharger
The Great One

Posts 3703
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Covfefe

posted on 10-6-2015 at 03:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Listening to sports talk radio today, one of the guys that follows the Dolphins says that he has spoken to several Dolphins players and they all adamantly refute the story about the "paychecks" comment. Apparently, it was typical good-natured practice trash talk that an agent heard and decided to leak it to reporters. A game of telephone, if you wheeeeel.

The guy also said that knowing what kind of guy Tannehill is, it was "absolutely absurd" (his words) to suggest that he would say something like that.

So basically agents are just trying to stir shit up.

That being said, this is still the 2015 Miami Dolphins:

"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

"The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."
--- Stephen Miller, Trump senior White House advisor, Feb. 12, 2017

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6503
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-6-2015 at 09:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I heard a stat on ESPN (might have been on PTI?) about teams firing their coaches during the regular season, and while I don't remember the exact numbers, the results have never been good. But hey, I'm sure this will completely turn things around for the Dolphins!

And after watching last night's Seattle/Detroit game, I think Russell Wilson is the closest thing I've seen to a Tecmo Bowl football player come to life. He could probably run thirty yards backwards, close his eyes, toss the ball over his shoulder, and one of Seattle's receivers would miraculously catch it and run it in for a 57-yard touchdown.

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4224
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 10-6-2015 at 10:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Question for everybody: How are the Dolphins perceived in your region?

It's kinda hard for me to gauge being stuck down here in the Sixth Borough/North South America, but are the Dolphins seen as like a known but perpetual never-will team with only vague titties-by-association appeal due to sun n' fun n' South Beach, etc.?

As I mentioned before, this is a heavy tourist/transient/transplant region and people tend to bring their affiliations with them. Considering home games with AFC East teams (Buffalo, New England, New York) are virtually neutral site affairs given fan affiliation I wonder, based on the undefeated season of yore, Shula, Marino, et al., if they only have a type of ghetto/wigger Cowboy-esque bandwagon effect around the country, because Miami.

I'd assume people see them as no more than a Chiefs, Rams, Raiders, Chargers, Lions perpetually hopeless kinda team if they weren't near the beach. Anywho, just curious.

NJ > Florida!
Sandy > Irma!
Springsteen > Tebow
DK > Janerd

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4829
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 10-7-2015 at 03:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Question for everybody: How are the Dolphins perceived in your region?

Living in New England, it's kinda like this:

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

denverpunk
The Rowdy One

Posts 2696
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi
Member Is Online

Mood: Stoked

posted on 10-11-2015 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Fins and the Jags are in the same boat. Yeah, here in the West, they are never even mentioned. The Bucs get more press time, and they seem to have a better plan.

[Edited on 10-11-2015 by denverpunk]

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6503
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-12-2015 at 12:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Some thoughts from today's action so far:

-Considering how abysmal the NFC South was last year, I don't think anyone would have predicted that there would currently be a 5-0 team and a 4-0 team in the division at the moment.

-Speaking of the NFC South, all I needed was for the Redskins to beat the Falcons in overtime so that my Panthers could have first place in the division...and then Kirk Cousins decided to throw a pick-six. Fuck you Redskins.

-Also speaking of the NFC South, how terrible are the Saints right now?

-Josh McCown throws for 457 yards and Cleveland beats Baltimore today. Holy shit.

-It honestly wouldn't shock me at this point if New England went undefeated this year. Their offense looks absolutely unstoppable and their remaining schedule isn't that tough.

denverpunk
The Rowdy One

Posts 2696
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi
Member Is Online

posted on 10-12-2015 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Matt Stafford needs to get out of Detroit before he's paralyzed. Aaron Rodgers would be the worst QB in the league with that O-line.
denverpunk
The Rowdy One

Posts 2696
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi
Member Is Online

posted on 10-12-2015 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
[Edited on 10-13-2015 by denverpunk]
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 11920
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: Authoritized

posted on 10-13-2015 at 07:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hate football today.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
GodEatGod
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1490
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 10-13-2015 at 10:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As a Bengals fan, it sucks even when we're good. Because I can't trust it. I want to trust it. I want to enjoy it, to savor actually getting wins, making big comebacks against solid teams.

But all I can hear in my head is "out in the first round, out in the first round, out in the first round". Until Marvin Lewis can get his head out of his ass and win us a god damn playoff game, I am eternally cursed to be SO WHAT. I hate it.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3700
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 10-14-2015 at 01:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
As a Bengals fan, it sucks even when we're good. Because I can't trust it. I want to trust it. I want to enjoy it, to savor actually getting wins, making big comebacks against solid teams.

But all I can hear in my head is "out in the first round, out in the first round, out in the first round". Until Marvin Lewis can get his head out of his ass and win us a god damn playoff game, I am eternally cursed to be SO WHAT. I hate it.

This should cheer you up, I can almost guarantee that they won't be out in the first round.

They will get the bye and lose in the second round.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6503
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-18-2015 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Seahawks/Panthers is officially the Rusev/Swagger of the NFL. Five games in the last four years and my Panthers are 0-5 in those games. Sigh.

Also, every time I watch the Seahawks play I don't understand how they're not 16-0 every year. A kicker who has yet to miss this season (in a year when kickers suck), a quarterback who always comes up with the big play when needed, one of the league's best running backs, and a home field that's extremely difficult to play in. I don't get it.

EDIT: Wait, we won. Disregard that last post. Oops.

[Edited on 10-18-2015 by the goon]

salmonjunkie

Posts 11920
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 10-19-2015 at 04:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
AGH! The Chargers took it to the Packers to the very last play. Goddammit, I hate football.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6503
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-19-2015 at 05:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
AGH! The Chargers took it to the Packers to the very last play. Goddammit, I hate football.

I think your problem is that you have a complete dickhead at quarterback. Even when he passes for over 500 yards, you will not win with a complete dickhead at quarterback.

denverpunk
The Rowdy One

Posts 2696
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi
Member Is Online

posted on 10-19-2015 at 06:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Denver has got to be the worst 6-0 team I've ever seen. Manning has more INTs than TDs and our running game (Kubiak's specialty) is not very good - CJ Anderson forgot how to play football, and Ronnie Hillman can't endure as a year-long starter (too small). The way this defense has created miracles in the fourth quarter is inspiring, but also extremely lucky. Defense wins Super Bowls, but this offense won't get past the first round.
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6503
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-20-2015 at 12:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by denverpunk
Denver has got to be the worst 6-0 team I've ever seen. Manning has more INTs than TDs and our running game (Kubiak's specialty) is not very good - CJ Anderson forgot how to play football, and Ronnie Hillman can't endure as a year-long starter (too small). The way this defense has created miracles in the fourth quarter is inspiring, but also extremely lucky. Defense wins Super Bowls, but this offense won't get past the first round.

Yeah, I could see this being a year where the Broncos finish like 12-4 but then get beat in their first playoff game.

quote:
Originally posted by the goon
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie

I think your problem is that you have a complete dickhead at quarterback. Even when he passes for over 500 yards, you will not win with a complete dickhead at quarterback.

Let it be known that I was completely hammered when I posted that yesterday (the result of drinking beer all day and watching an intense Panthers/Seahawks game). I don't actually have anything against the Chargers or Rivers, though I do think he kinda seems like a dick.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 7903
Registered 1-11-2004
Location Hippieville

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 10-20-2015 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Also, every time I watch the Seahawks play I don't understand how they're not 16-0 every year. A kicker who has yet to miss this season (in a year when kickers suck), a quarterback who always comes up with the big play when needed, one of the league's best running backs, and a home field that's extremely difficult to play in. I don't get it.

Answer:

Don't Mess With Texas

salmonjunkie

Posts 11920
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 10-21-2015 at 05:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Let it be known that I was completely hammered when I posted that yesterday (the result of drinking beer all day and watching an intense Panthers/Seahawks game). I don't actually have anything against the Chargers or Rivers, though I do think he kinda seems like a dick.

He's just passionate*, that's all.

what is he passionate about, you may ask? Well, obviously he's very passionate about football, his faith, and children (he's got 27 of them, with a 28th expecting - but not like Antonio Cromartie - all of them are with his wife. Also, he had his Rivers of Hope foundation that helped foster children find permanent homes)

Also, fashion:

Also:

[Edited on 10-21-2015 by salmonjunkie]

[Edited on 10-21-2015 by salmonjunkie]

denverpunk
The Rowdy One

Posts 2696
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi
Member Is Online

posted on 10-21-2015 at 05:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Yeah, I could see this being a year where the Broncos finish like 12-4 but then get beat in their first playoff game.

Dude, I'd be ecstatic to finish 12-4. We're just as likely to end up 6-10.

Re: Rivers, I'm no San Diego fan, but he does seem like a dickbag. You can't blame him for their record, though. I think he's a pretty solid QB who might do well with a change of scenery. Psst, Denver next year....hint, hint...

[Edited on 10-21-2015 by denverpunk]

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6503
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-31-2015 at 09:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After last night's Patriots/Dolphins game, I just want to reaffirm my statement from a few weeks ago about them going undefeated. Their offense is fucking unstoppable and I see maybe two games on their remaining schedule that could be potential losses. And by potential losses, I mean they probably win 21-13 instead of 42-13.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4224
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 10-31-2015 at 08:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
After last night's Patriots/Dolphins game, I just want to reaffirm my statement from a few weeks ago about them going undefeated. Their offense is fucking unstoppable and I see maybe two games on their remaining schedule that could be potential losses. And by potential losses, I mean they probably win 21-13 instead of 42-13.

You seem like a nice fellow, that's why I'm only wishing moderate-to-severe explosive diarrhea while stuck in traffic on you for making such a horrible prediction. My next wish is for anyone and anything bearing a Patriots logo to be buried under 40 feet of climate change until aliens unearth the carcasses and use their resurrapetion probes to reanimate the corpses for their Humans Whut Talk Funny Zoo. And lastly, I am considering using my old Gator school ID card to check A.A. Ron out of prison for the day so he might righteously administer justice to those snitching ball deflating bitches. Thom, you might, uh, might wanna rent the moving truck now.

Thai, since the Chargers are going to L.A., would you be interested in a low rent doppelganger beach team as a replacement? Might be able to get you one for cheap. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to suffer with this...

NJ > Florida!
Sandy > Irma!
Springsteen > Tebow
DK > Janerd

nOOb
The Man

Posts 6923
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 10-31-2015 at 09:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My only hope for this season is that the AFC and NFC champs both go undefeated so that the Superbowl has to be won by an undefeated team. Personally, I'm rooting for Panthers/Bengals or Panthers/Broncos, only so Mercury Morris and co. can crawl into whatever hole they climb out of every year to celebrate essentially the same feat the Patriots already matched. Though I also dread a Packers/Patriots "Battle of the Unbeatens" Superbowl because it feels like they'd pop up every year instead of the 72 Dolphins.

Football just isn't that interesting to me this season. It doesn't help when your team has all but made it known they're going to suck, somehow manage to show that the future may also suck with bad coaching decisions, and the most interesting thing that happens to your team is that one of the defensive tackles on your team appears on the cusp of going full Benoit and also went berserk last season as well and was inexplicably made team captain as a reward.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

janerd75
The Immortal One

Posts 4224
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 11-1-2015 at 12:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
TIL, nOOb's raycissss.

NJ > Florida!
Sandy > Irma!
Springsteen > Tebow
DK > Janerd

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 6503
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-1-2015 at 05:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
quote:

You seem like a nice fellow, that's why I'm only wishing moderate-to-severe explosive diarrhea while stuck in traffic on you for making such a horrible prediction.

I don't like it anymore than you do my friend. But I just think that Brady and Belichick are playing with a chip on their shoulder this year and will put up roughly 4,325 points on their opponents any chance they can.

quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
Personally, I'm rooting for Panthers/Bengals or Panthers/Broncos

Shit, as a Panthers fan, I'll take either of those! Though we're not good enough to get to the Super Bowl this season, but next season? Maybe, possibly, potentially? I dunno.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top