The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TNA 2015
GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 6-25-2015 at 04:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
TNA 2015

I haven't commented on TNA in a while, because, really, why fucking bother? But man this episode...it was one of the TNA-iest episodes of Impact ever. In the bad way. I say that as a person who's watched the promotion for years, who's rooted for it, who's even occasionally defended it. But, wow, what a turdpile this was.

As usual, there were some good matches. Wolves/Dirty Heels IV in Full Metal Mayhem was good, because you can't put those four guys into a crazy gimmick match and not produce something watchable. And Bram challenging old guys is still kind of amusing (and it was fun to see fucking VADER show up, even if he was in sweats and you knew he was doomed).

But they were clearly wanting this episode to be a happening, an event. Josh Matthews said that they'd BROKEN THE INTERNET when Jeff Jarrett showed up and, well, he was fucking wrong because I looked and nobody noticed 'cause I think I might be the only person left watching this fucking show.

But wow...what a wasted opportunity that Jeff Jarrett thing was. Him showing up was legitimately surprising - I'd seen a few trickles of rumors online, but, really, it seemed far-fetched and dumb. And guess what? It was still dumb.

Jeff brought Karen with him (and she cried, like, half the fucking time). He blathered on about his history, put over Global Force a bunch of times which, fine, but it's even less of a thing than TNA so him talking about it like this big deal made it seem stupid. Gratuitous Toby Keith reference, as if anyone gives a shit about Toby Keith in 2015. They're friends, y'know! Lots of "I love you" mutual blowjobbing from Karen and Jeff. A general assumption that people were privy to behind the scenes bullshit that most people don't pay any attention about. And it just went on and on and on and on.

Oh, and Matt Hardy wrestled Kurt Angle (but came out to Jeff's music!)

The sad thing in all of this is that EC3 is actually one of THE best heels in wrestling right now. He's awesome. He's playing to nobody at all and has the stupid gimmick of Josh Matthews doing the Miz/Michael Cole bit and fanboying all over him. He's really, legitimately great and all it means is that I want TNA to fold like a house of cards so he can have a second chance in NXT. It's one thing to be a big fish in a little pond, but, at this point, it's just a puddle of piss running down Dixie Carter's leg.

[Edited on 6-25-2015 by GodEatGod]

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10976
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 6-25-2015 at 04:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You should maybe change it to 'TNA 2015 Thread' like was done with the SD thread recently. Just have it as an omnibus thing that might actually reach 10 pages by the end of the year as opposed to one that dies out after four replies.

Why was Bateman released from WWE anyway? Was it a wellness violation or some kind of backstage political mess with him and Maxine in that storyline they were doing in NXT? I agree that he's killing it enough with the EC3 character that there must have been something hinky going on in the background at NXT for them to drop him like that. If he gets on with ROH or LU later on after TNA finally dies and tears it up in those places too his premature release from WWE could go down as one of the biggest wasted-talent mistakes they ever made.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

cardscott5
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1221
Registered 6-28-2007
Location wherever god takes me

Mood:

posted on 6-25-2015 at 06:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I saw this on tumblr and I think it's hilarious:

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 6-26-2015 at 11:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is it bad that even with this important move, I can't be bothered to even read a recap and see what happened? I know that Jarretts in the King of the Mountain match, and that this is his retirement match?

Whats the KOTM match for if theres no title match on the show? Is it number 1 contendership?

I hope that when jarrett was tweeting about something going to the legal team the other day, he and Toby Keith have purchased TNA - the invasion angle shoulld lead to GFW taking over TNA, and ditching the old branding completely.

Maybe this was Jarretts plan all along? Leave TNA, watch it die, then buy the contracts of some guys up for his new promotion?

Interestingly... this could leave Bullet Club appearing across three TV shows in the US. NJPW on AXS, ROH and TNA/GFW.

Have they taped a bunch of TV shows now that will air after the PPV?

And we thought WCW was bad...

TomS
Showstopper

Posts 784
Registered 7-7-2006

Mood: Moody

posted on 6-26-2015 at 12:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aries there, debuting his new finisher - The Cold Shoulder.
anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 6-28-2015 at 03:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In the past 2 days, they've lost 5 talents. Some of which they cut for financial reasons, and the others of their own volition. Austin Aries is also poised to leave after their Slammiversary show, so that could make it 6.

Gunner
Samuel Shaw
Magnus
Low Ki
James "Been there since Day 1" Storm

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 6-28-2015 at 05:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anglefan85
In the past 2 days, they've lost 5 talents. Some of which they cut for financial reasons, and the others of their own volition. Austin Aries is also poised to leave after their Slammiversary show, so that could make it 6.

Gunner
Samuel Shaw
Magnus
Low Ki
James "Been there since Day 1" Storm

James Storm has been great for ages and the idea of him being gone seems crazy. He never got the world title run he should've deserved - he only had that cup of coffee that lead to Bobby Roode turning heel. They got their grudge match, but not until after Roode lost the title and he never sniffed a title shot again. His recent heel run has been tremendous, almost in spite of the terrible booking he's been saddled with, carried largely by his charisma and performance.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7763
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2015 at 09:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't get Destination America, so haven't seen Impact in ages, but it's kind of crazy to me just how far TNA has fallen. I remember four or five years ago, there was definitely a big WWE vs TNA debate here and TNA seemed like it could have maybe, possibly been a contender to the WWE at that time. But now it's gotten to the point where I couldn't even tell you who the TNA world champion is (I think it's Angle?) and have no idea who the X-Division and tag team champions are. It wouldn't shock me if the company is no longer around a year from now.

And with the rise of NXT and the WWE seeming to be more open to hiring TNA guys at the moment, I wonder if the likes of Storm, Aries, etc could find a home there.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 6-29-2015 at 05:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You're not kidding. Since Spike dropped them, this company has gone into a major freefall. Talents have been bashing fans on Twitter who have been hating on the product (Eric Young in particular telling the fans that didn't like tonight's PPV to go fuck themselves. In another, he told people who criticize to shut their mouths, and Dixie retweeted it.)

I gave up on this company a while back, and I don't understand why some people still defend them.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 6-29-2015 at 08:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can get how it would be frustrating to feel like you are giving it your all, that you still believe in something (TNA), while a good amount of people tear at you for no other reason than social media gives us that opportunity despite often having nothing really to say.

In saying that; Young's lashing out and Dixie's comments seem to be getting more attention than what sounds to be some pretty good matches at Slammiversary... and that's a bad thing, so warranted or not, they may want to chill on this.

I am kinda curious as to why they would run with what appears to be a feud between GFW and TNA by having Jarrett win... I get how it's probably going to get GFW some attention, but I don't believe it will do much for TNA as at this point GFW is kind of a non-entity... maybe if they had've done what the WWE and ECW did years ago... where ECW guys kept showing up so that they were a thing...

I dunno... here's hoping they do well. I don't watch TNA, but stronger secondary competition to the WWE is good for everyone.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 6-29-2015 at 12:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For me, TNA began it's slow downward spiral the moment Dixie hired Hogan and Bischoff to runs things.

Until then, TNA had been an ALTERNATIVE to the lazy cartoon that was the WWE back then. TNA focused on the X Division where WWE focused on Orton, Cena and Batista's Five Moves of Doom. TNA focused on the tag team division, where Vince often forgot he had tag teams on the roster. TNA focused on hiring the best female wrestlers, where WWE hired former models and dancers.

Think about that: at one point, TNA had a superior cruiserweight, tag team and women's division to the WWE.

Shit, they even had the six-sided ring which was unique and again provided an alternative to the WWE.

Then Hogan and Co. marched in, de-emphasised the X Division, brought in a bunch of over the hill former WWE guys who got pushed over many TNA mainstays, and got rid of the six-sided ring.

Rather than being an alternative to the WWE, TNA became WWE wannabes - WWE Lite.

For me, with a few exceptions, TNA has pretty much sucked ass since then.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12827
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 6-29-2015 at 05:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
^^^^ This. So much this.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10976
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 6-29-2015 at 05:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, that was the beginning of their long, painful, and drawn-out suicide. The incident between Awesome Kong and Bubba The Cum Sponge said it all about TNA as a company and Dixie as a manager. They were more than willing to fuck over Kong and throw her under the bus in order to keep Hogan happy, all for a piece of shit like Bubba. High hopes or not, and no matter how many great matches and hope spots the performers would keep together over the following years, the arrival of Hogan & Bischoff was the first of the coffin nails being driven down.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 6-30-2015 at 01:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just remember how fired up everyone was for the first two shows under Hogan. Everyone went out and was just high energy all around, no one giving it less than their all...and then after the first show we started hearing about how Bischoff didn't like some guys, and, sure enough, those guys started to disappear in favor of Hogan guys. I remember Eric Young came out and had a match against Syxx during the second show, which may have been the best I'd seen Eric Young wrestle on any Impact previous, and they did almost nothing to follow that up. And then more guys disappeared from the shows in favor of Hogan guys, and the briefly motivated RVD.

The thing I hate most about the Hogan run is the false hope. The TNA guys stepped up huge for those first few shows, thinking they might actually start competing. Unfortunately, Hogan and Bischoff felt they could only start competing with Orlando Jordan and "not legally allowed to call him Val Venis, but essentially it's the same character".

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 6-30-2015 at 01:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
I just remember how fired up everyone was for the first two shows under Hogan. Everyone went out and was just high energy all around, no one giving it less than their all...and then after the first show we started hearing about how Bischoff didn't like some guys, and, sure enough, those guys started to disappear in favor of Hogan guys. I remember Eric Young came out and had a match against Syxx during the second show, which may have been the best I'd seen Eric Young wrestle on any Impact previous, and they did almost nothing to follow that up. And then more guys disappeared from the shows in favor of Hogan guys, and the briefly motivated RVD.

The thing I hate most about the Hogan run is the false hope. The TNA guys stepped up huge for those first few shows, thinking they might actually start competing. Unfortunately, Hogan and Bischoff felt they could only start competing with Orlando Jordan and "not legally allowed to call him Val Venis, but essentially it's the same character".

Yeah, the first couple of Hogan era shows really did generate a lot of excitement. Jeff Hardy showed up, RVD, "The Band" (Hall, Nash, Syxx). They talked big. But, yeah, it all wound down and eventually ran itself into the ground once Hogan/Bischoff turned heel and formed Immortal. Jeff Hardy's heel persona was kind of fresh and a good take on his character, but his drug problems derailed the shit out of it and, once Immortal was down to Bully Ray, Gunner and a couple of other guys, it was a joke.

TNA has a habit of getting into these momentary grooves where th ings look good. The beginning of the Aces and Eights storyline, the beginning of the Hogan era, and even the first few months after Hogan left all seemed like new beginnings. But they just...can't book. I defend TNA sometimes because there's a lot of great talent there, but it has been shown time and time and time again that they just don't know what the fuck to do with it. It's congenital, it's built into the DNA of the promotion that they -will- fuck up any decent angle. WWE does that a lot, too, but usually in a less car crash way and they right the boat faster. TNA will go on a bad streak for months at a time before they realize things aren't working.

There are good things about the product even now: EC3, Bram, Rockstar Spud when they bother to do anything with him, the Dollhouse, the Wolves/Dirty Heels stuff. Pope's actually not a bad commentator, although Josh Matthews is getting worse by the week somehow (I found him quite tolerable on Smackdown and he was a good change of pace when he first came in, but it's like he's soaking in the suck). Probably the very best thing they've done is do away with the heel authority figure - matches just happen and it's fine.

But there's no meaningful direction and a lot of nothing feuds going on. The X-Division is a joke of empty, meaningless five minute spotfests. The BDC and the Rising have been feuding for like four months and it keeps going and going, in npart because the BDC keeps having to add and subtract members. And Eric Young dominated the main event for two months as the crappiest psycho heel ever.

Rumor has it that Jarrett hasn't been on any of the tapings for the next month of TV, so who knows what's going on with that stuff. Maybe they'll do insert videos and backstage segments of him to add in, I dunno, or it'll just all get dropped for a month until they can tape again. Who knows? And, worst of all, at this point, who cares?

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 6-30-2015 at 07:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wonder if a lot of the problems GodeatGod identified are a bi-product of them now taping several weeks of TV at once.... trends can't help but be magnified because it's not a case of Matthews having a bad or off week, and then right it the next week, but now with taping several weeks if he thinks he's doing something well it will show over several weeks now.

Ditto for booking... they don't have time to gauge reactions week in and week out and then right the ship, but instead they are locked into something that may not work, and now can't fix things.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 7-2-2015 at 09:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, they did it. EC3 is now the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. The most surprising thing about that is that he went over clean - Tyrus interfered, but got tossed in the middle of the match. I don't know if it was a 'great' match, but it was a well-booked match - EC3's reaction when Angle kicked out of the One-Percenter was fantastic, bug-eyed disbelief, but EC3 also took everything Angle could dish out, from countless german suplexes, multiple Angle slams and, at the end, refusing to tap-out to the grapevine anklelock that usually signals Angle finishing you for good. He won with a reversal into a roll-up, which seems kind of flukey, but it's also clean as a sheet. Definitely set the table for a rematch, in which I suspect this time EC3 cheats to retain like a mofo, but this match did the job it needed to do and made both guys look really good.

As for the rest of the show -

Taryn retained her Knockouts title (and surprisingly pinned Kong to do it) The mysterious videos the last couple of weeks are Gail Kim coming back, which...I mean, she was barely fucking gone. She didn't need mysterious teaser vids. Just run out, Gail, Jesus. My main takeaway is that, while Taryn's great and the Dollhouse is good, it's come at the expense of some of Kong's mystique as she's increasingly losing her fearsome aura after being taken down repeatedly. Brooke's ass, however, remains spectacular.

The Wolves won the tag titles and finished off the Dirty Heels in an Ironman match and it was...honestly, pretty boring. I don't think these matches have gotten better, oddly enough, and I think it'll be good to get these guys away from each other. Of course, there are barely any tag teams left, so I'm really not sure who they'll fight instead.

Jeff Jarrett (and KAREN, of course, because you can't not have Karen there) did an interview with Tenay and...honestly, I can't remember a goddamn thing about it. I know he talked and blathered and acted like the whole world was talking about him, but honestly, no one was and I very quickly tuned the whole thing out to pay attention to my daughter eating chicken nuggets. Man, that kid likes chicken nuggets. Whatever.

The BDC defeated the Rising so the Rising must disband. This included TWO injury angles, one for Eli Drake hurting himself (and probably turning on Drew later when it turnso ut he was faking? Who knows?) and another for Low-Ki to account for the fact that he's fucking quitting TNA, which is another int he revolving door of BDC membership. And yet the BDC is the one that gets to stay together. Fascinating. The Rising may be among the most futile stables ever, having been formed specifically to combat the BDC, implored everyone to stand up, and then promptly gotten their butts whipped and disbanded in a curtain jerking match on free TV. Yikes. Drew Galloway deserves MUCH better and should be rehabilitated to be a future challenger for EC3, btu will probably waste away in the midcard feuding with Eli Drake instead.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10976
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 7-3-2015 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also, here's a Taryn gif. Or should I put it in the cooking thread under 'rump roast'?

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 7-10-2015 at 04:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And the hits, they keep on coming. Because it ended up going so well for the WWE:

From TNA's website:

quote:
Tigre Uno to Address Trump on IMPACT WRESTLING Wednesday, July 22 at 9/8c on Destination America

Business partners may be dumping Trump in the wake of his latest controversy, but “the Donald” does have one offer on the table. Luchador and TNA X-Division Champion Tigre Uno, who resides in Tijuana, Mexico, has had enough of Donald Trump and he is not going to take it! Following days of wall-to-wall media coverage on Trump’s anti-immigrant comments about Mexicans, Tigre Uno is fed up and is standing up for the heritage and people of the nation he proudly represents each week on IMPACT WRESTLING, which airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on Destination America.

This goes one of three ways

1) They do what the WWE did at one point, which is have a mock match between Uno and a Trump impersonator and have the crowd shit all over it.

2) They actually bring him in, and the crowd shits all over it. Trump is not the kinda guy that works for little money, so him showing up and getting a payday in spite of the wrestlers and production staff behind on their own pay would pretty much be taking the dumpster fire that is TNA and dropping a napalm bomb on it.

3) Trump completely no-sells this challenge and the whole thing is dropped. The crowd will still shit all over it.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 7-10-2015 at 05:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not comparable, nor the height he once was (probably), but Wrestlemania 23, which featured Donald Trump heavily, did the second highest buyrate in the history of WWE.

If TNA could actually coax Trump onto their program (which they can't), it would be an enormous success for them.

When your shows are doing bad on the #100-something-eth biggest network in the US, you pray for the big swings like this.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 7-10-2015 at 10:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This week was a big pile of nothing.

Shark Boy and Norm Fernham got World Title Shots.

Matt Hardy lost to the Dirty Heels in a handicap match.

Drew McIntyre beat the non-Storm members of the Revolution in a handicap match (after one last #STANDUP speech - I honestly never want to hear Drew say the words "Profayshunal Raysling" ever again). The Revolution bickered the whole time and are presumably done.

Bram murdered Ken Anderson with his own microphone.

Jeff Jarrett blathered more. The King of the Mountain belt he won at Slammiversary will be the Global Force title - in other words, guess what, Jeff Jarrett's made himself world champion AGAIN. He namedropped AJ and Samoa Joe and James Storm and basically anyone who had already left or was about to leave the company and said that was TNA to him. They showed a picture of Abyss, but Jarrett didn't actually say his name. Poor Abyss.

Robbie E and Jesse somehow had the match of the night with a pretty vicious brawl, with Robbie passing out to Jesse's Boston Crab (w/ chair) rather than tapping out. This is somehow one of the only good, coherent feuds in TNA and both guys are looking better for it. WTF?

Velvet Sky is being positioned as a future title contender, but is no longer shaking her ass because we're supposed to take her seriously now. Given that shaking her ass was 90 percent of her heat, I'm sure that will go well.

And EC3 got himself deliberately disqualified against Angle (w/ Dusty finish) by punching out a ref when he was put in the anklelock. The best part of this is, after the break, EC3 literally just saying "Whelp, I got out of that one!!!" with a cheesy grin. Josh Matthews being a heel only for EC3 is still really weird and jarring and nonsensical.

All of which leads to a main event in any venue around the world - Dixie Carter talking! Apparently, Bully Ray putting her through a table broke the bone in her spine where her conscience was hiding and made her a face again (no, seriously, that's pretty much the explanation). She won't let EC3 make the same mistakes she made and she's going to put someone else in charge. Which means that, after doing something right and not having an onscreen authority figure for months, we're suddenly going to get one for no reason whatsoever and it'll be a face who will torment EC3. I'm betting its Bully Ray himself, to make it REALLY a total farce ("He brought me to my senses and now he'll do the same for you, Ethan!").

I will accept Rockstar Spud in that position, however, just because that actually would make sense as a reward for all his loyalty to "Madame Dixie" and because EC3 and Spud have good chemistry together.

I don't want anyone to think that just because I wrote a lot, that any of this was significant. It wasn't. I'm just bored and felt like writing.

(Edited because I had mentally combined the Drew and Matt Hardy segments into one because I couldn't remember either of them well)

[Edited on 7-10-2015 by GodEatGod]

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4172
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 7-11-2015 at 07:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know that LU already did the ''brash outsider who doesn't really belong'' with Cage but I hope they figure out some reason to bring in EC3. That guy's too good to not be featurely prominently on a weekly basis. Maybe ROH might be interested.
GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 7-16-2015 at 11:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd like to claim I'm a genius prognosticator (I don't read spoilers), but, sadly, I think it's just that TNA's booking is stale and obvious enough that I could easily pick a couple of things before they happened.

So Bully Ray is, indeed, TNA's new Authority figure, under the very official sounding title of THE LAW. Bully makes a big deal of kissing up to the fans and the locker room, establishing himself as a babyface. He's fine in the role - Bully's a great talker and has plenty of charisma to go around, but I felt liket he show's been better without an on-screen authority and I'm not looking forward to the return of endless backstage banter segments. Hopefuly it at least means Dixie is going away again, though.

I also predicted, sadly, that Drew Galloway would be kept out of the main event scene because Eli Drake faked his injury to finish off The Rising and then promptly turned on Drew after he earned a title shot against EC3 in a battle royal. The minute Drake popped up with that crutch, you knew exactly what was going to happen. I really wish someone would book a babyface smart enough to at least see it coming someday - the heel could still end up with the upper hand in the end, but it would make him seem much cooler if everybody didn't have to play Sting, er, I mean, dumb when their friends are so obviously about to betray them.

There was a meaningless X-division four way and Tigre Uno retained. I...don't get Grado. Spud should be carrying the title still.

Taryn Terrell lost the Knockout Belt to Brooke and her bodacious booty after Gail Kim took out the Dollhouse and showed an Undertaker/Bray Wyatt ability to turn the lights on and off. Maybe it's a secret alliance with Midnight from WCW! At any rate, Gail apparently doesn't give a crap about winning the title herself and is more than content just to cost Taryn the belt, which would've meant more if she'd done it BEFORE Taryn broke Gail's longevity record, but now just makes Gail look kind of dumb. Oh, and Gail wore the AJ Styles memorial hoodie of grimdark babyfaceness. I expect she'll grow some stubble in by the next set of TV tapings.

James Storm has a partner to fight Magnus and Mickie James and she's someone Mickie's close to - I'm guessing this'll end up being Rebel, maybe, just 'cause she's not doing anything. Unless Storm has hypnotized Trish Stratus out of retirement (and all of her good sense and dignity), this will be disappointing, but Storm at least performs the hell out of it, as always.

The squabbling announcer bit is getting out of hand and starting to get more and more shrill as weeks go by, as Pope just wants to interject more and more and Josh is getting more annoyed by him. My god, I'm not sure what to make of a world where Matt Striker and Vampiro have become the gold standard of announcing, but that's where we are now in 2015.

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 7-18-2015 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
MVP's the latest to jump ship now. Starting to wonder who's even gonna be left by the time September comes around.

https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/622175566419095552

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 7-23-2015 at 09:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm not doing a full rundown of this week, it was crap.

Serena is Storm's mystery partner to fight Mickie James. Yay for Serena joining another cult and yay for Serena's GIANT bazongas.

Taryn was really good screaming her head off and being an awesome heel who's feuding with Gail Kim (which is why it makes total sense that the title is on...Brooke? Huh?)

Jeff Jarrett goes into the Hall of Fame next week and zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top