The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (March 30, 2015)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4431
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 3-30-2015 at 10:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (March 30, 2015)

Tonight on RAW: it's the night after WrestleMania, which is increasingly a special event all its own, with big surprises and an extremely vocal/active crowd...

Coming off a WM that was, itself, extremely eventful, that gives WWE lots of room to groove tonight... only a Cena/Rusev US Title Rematch seems cut-and-dry for Extreme Rules... everything else is up in the air...

That starts right at the top, with the WWE Title picture, where the title is held by Seth Rollins, but by virtue of a never-seen-before tactic, he cashed in his MitB on Roman Reigns, NOT on Brock Lesnar, and thus, Lesnar lost his title without losing the match... a mind as devious (and litigious) as Paul Heyman's may find plenty of traction for claiming that his client is still, rightfully, the WWE Champ... or at the very least, his client will be extremely pissed... might Lesnar demand immediate retribution? He is scheduled to be present at tonight, show, so....

If Lesnar doesn't, all of a sudden, you have another player in the WWE Title picture: Randy Orton... Orton beat Rollins decisively at WM, before Rollins' cash-in... and while Reigns was never in position to win last night, the mere fact that he SURVIVED Brock's guided tour of Suplex City, BITCH, means he's not exactly going away, either... but by the same token, Rollins' ties to the Authority mean he has a support system if both Orton and Reigns come at him: Big Show and/or Kane may be involved as hired goons (and with Big Show coming off the Battle Royale win, that might further complicate things if he starts to feel disrespected; who knows?)...

The IC Title picture is equally uncertain, as Wade Barrett is the ex-champion who will want a rematch... but Daniel Bryan is the current champ, and he last eliminated Dolph Ziggler, who thus has a claim of his own...

Tag Titles belong to Cesaro and Tyson Kidd, and they still owe the Usos a straight-up rematch, but Jey's shoulder injury resulted in him being written out of WM, and probably delays that match past Extreme Rules... and I think it's safe to say neither the Matadores or New Day are really clicking with the fans at this point. PTPs, maybe?

The women's division is reportedly going to get a bit more attention in the coming weeks... we've already got AJ and Paige well positioned as challengers to Nikki Bella, but Charlotte is supposedly on the cusp of getting her call-up from NXT, and you've got Nattie and Naomi with a side issue of their own, which could -- at any point -- be used to generate a quickie #1 Contender... and just like that, you've got a ton of ring-capable women concentrated at the top of the division; all five challengers I just named are superlative workers, and would be able to deliver quality matches with each other or with the Bellas...

Sandow's split from Miz is now complete, and it'll be interesting to see how he's packaged now that he's his own man again... maybe it's just me being Sandow's biggest fan, but I have high hopes that he gets the Fandango 2013 treatment from the assembled Wanker-heavy crowd, and that it latches on with the fanbase in a way that Fandango never quite did after his post-WM breakthrough moment...

After WM is also a traditional timeframe to debut new stars, and Adrian Neville and a few others are reportedly on booking sheets for the next few weeks worth of tapings... but it could just be to work dark matches so Vince and the higher-ups can scout them in front of a non-NXT audience...

Lastly, WWE is making a big deal out of the fact that Sheamus will be at RAW toninght... with the buzz being that he's coming back to work as a heel, it's worth remembering that Sheamus was written out after getting his ass kicked by Rusev and Mark Henry, and Henry is now a babyface... or if you want to aim bigger, Sheamus' last match before that write out was him losing the US Title (to Rusev), and that title is now held by Cena (and it's not like Captain Cena came to Sheamus' aid when Sheamus got attacked by Team Authority)... or maybe I'm thinking too hard, and WWE won't give a shit about continuity, and just use this as a total reboot for Sheamus...

Oughta be a fun night, capping off a surprisingly exciting and entertaining WrestleMania Weekend. See you shortly after 11pm with the main page recap, kids....

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 3-30-2015 at 10:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Since they bust out random stars for returns and/or debuts around this show, I'll throw out a name: Bubba Ray Dudley. He showed up at the Rumble, eliminated two guys (one of which was in the ladder match yesterday in R-Truth and the other being the Miz), and then just disappeared. He's a solid hand, and, of note, also a tag wrestler. Maybe you bring him back to either reunite the Dudleys for a temp opponent for Cesaro and Kidd or even just forgo D-Von and team him with Truth, since Truth played the D-Von role at the Rumble before he got tossed.

It's the first time in a while I've actually been interested to see how an episode of Raw goes.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 3-30-2015 at 11:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Interested to see how the crowd reacts to Roman Reigns tonight. He basically checked off every stupid box those who hated him had placed as checkpoints, outside of becoming a world class speaker suddenly, and most important, didn't win the belt, which was everyone's ultimate gauntlet. So after a great match like last night, I'm hoping it doesn't turn out that fans are just haters and can actually come around on a guy who does indeed deserve a chance from fans at this point.

Also agreeing with nOOb, because there does feel like a need for another heel exactly like Bubba Ray.

Though I wonder if the Sheamus turn is happening tonight, and combine that with all the fallout of Wrestlemania, and the sure debut of at least one NXT wrestler, if that's just too clogged for one month. Once Brock is gone in a month, it might be a great time for Bubba to jump in and start a feud with someone like Dean Ambrose (or Ziggler), who could use that savvy veteran to work with, especially since the heel contingent is so low right now.

[Edited on 3-30-2015 by S Kid J E T S 48]

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8325
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 3-30-2015 at 11:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by S Kid J E T S 48
Interested to see how the crowd reacts to Roman Reigns tonight. He basically checked off every stupid box those who hated him had placed as checkpoints, outside of becoming a world class speaker suddenly, and most important, didn't win the belt, which was everyone's ultimate gauntlet. So after a great match like last night, I'm hoping it doesn't turn out that fans are just haters and can actually come around on a guy who does indeed deserve a chance from fans at this point.

He didn't really accomplish anything last night to change anybody's mind. He got his ass beat, and then smiled like a goof. Apparently that's supposed to show all of us that he's a super duper tough guy, and we have to respect him, I guess?

Just because people boo him doesn't mean they're "haters"... it means they had no interest in the guy.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Anthony
Fella

Posts 497
Registered 7-10-2009

Mood: Knee-y

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know what's happened to Skids nowadays, but he's either becoming increasingly senile or increasingly the second coming of Dev.

I can almost guarantee Reigns will continue to use "I can, I will" as the new "Never give up" and be the Samoan Engine That Could. I want to come around on the guy - I really do - but I want him to build up and actually make me give a shit about him. Like, well, like Seth Rollins. Right now I'm more interested to see what Rollins is doing tonight.

Boom boom, here comes Brock to open the show.

[Edited on 3-31-2015 by Anthony]

[TheGuest] That's great, they kick Khali all over his torso and head and what does he sell? His knee.
[Dougie 2.0] Khalis kneebone is connected to his headbone
[Tommy D] Same way Welker hurt his knee.
[Sportsguy] Welker was jumped by the Nexus?
[Tommy D] yes they were so quick you couldn't even see them
[BC] you can't see me?

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
I don't know what's happened to Skids nowadays, but he's either becoming increasingly senile or increasingly the second coming of Dev.

Yup...not sharing an opinion on the state of Roman Reigns that you do makes me senile. Gotcha.

BTW, you can say a lot about Dev, but to insist he doesn't know what he's talking about is laughable.

And now I've had to publicly defend Dev, so I hate you.

ETA:

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler tonight. Can't find many better ways for Sheamus to turn heel than to blow up a match between these two.

[Edited on 3-31-2015 by S Kid J E T S 48]

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also, Dev would never defend anything WWE-related.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

aindik
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 1-22-2013
Location Philly

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Whoever thought Lesnar would have to split from Heyman if he turned face, um, yeah, not really.
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also he would never agree with me on anything ever.

[Edited on 3-31-2015 by nOOb]

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

aindik
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 1-22-2013
Location Philly

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Yup...not sharing an opinion on the state of Roman Reigns that you do makes me senile. Gotcha.

BTW, you can say a lot about Dev, but to insist he doesn't know what he's talking about is laughable.

ETA:

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler tonight. Can't find many better ways for Sheamus to turn heel than to blow up a match between these two.

I think Sheamus answers Cena's open challenge.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4180
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cena's is having an open challenge?

Dammnit I want to see him have a run with a midcard belt. Don't take that away WWE!

Also, neither Bryan or Ziggler got entrancese? I'm hoping I'm wrong but this might not be a straight up match.

[Edited on 3-31-2015 by First 9]

aindik
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 1-22-2013
Location Philly

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do the boxing style ring announcements for this match mean we're not getting a WWE title match?
S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, after seeing Barrett out there, I'm leaning towards aindik's idea. Not sure how you can pull that off unless Ziggler/Barrett fight to the back.

Though I'm not sure how effective Sheamus attacking Cena would be in turning him heel.

-----

This is awesome chant, just for having Ziggler face off with Bryan. Crowd is already fun tonight.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

I really think it's going to depend on how they run with him now... I don't think he proved his detractors wrong by any stretch, but he did take a good beating and probably bought himself some good will.

I know for me personally going back a few months my biggest criticism was that the story just wasn't compelling in light of better options being on the table, that Reigns seemed to lack polish, and that he was being forced down our throats in spite of crowd reactions that should have given the WWE pause... that he was as much a victim in all of this. Over time the WWE seemed to double down on the guy which just amplified the problems, pulled out all the stops from their 1980's play book (pulling signs, canned cheers, having other talent tell you how great he is)... Reigns then gave a bunch of interviews where at first you could chalk it up to maybe not being as polished in interviews to avoid the traps of a lot of the negative spin that followed those interviews... but those same interviews kept coming will less and less room to chalk up his self entitled rants/canned WWE logic/digs at the fans to misinterpretation. He's also a guy who they likely knew needed a big showing at the Rumble and colossally failed to show up... who did put on a good show at Fast lane... was largely just there at various TV matches...and I'm a bit split on WM... yeah he took a beating, but other than some stiff shots I don't know that he really showed us anything... (To be fair I will probably give him a bit of the benefit of the doubt here as busting out a huricarana definitely would not have fit with the tone of the match...)... He grew, at least in my eyes, to be less a victim and more a happy passenger to getting crowned heir apparent to the WWE then a motivated guy who wants to drive his own destiny (in as much as anyone can in the WWE).

I do think that people generally want to forgive, and that nothing was said by Reigns that was so detrimental that he'll be haunted by it forever... but I also think what he got was as much collateral damage that was aimed at the WWE as it was at him... I think if a bit more gracious and humbled Roman Reigns started showing up in his non-WWE interviews it would go a long way towards repairing the relationship and building on last night... which helped... but if it's an obvious 6 more months of project Roman Reigns 24/7, and that he wins the title later this month in a bid for the WWE to simply side step embarrassing themselves at WM... if he comes out talking about how he proved everyone wrong and all that kind of talk and more spoiled Roman shoot interviews then I'll gleefully continue to delight in the WWE's failures to get a guy who can't step it up when he needs to over... that I'll feel less bad when the fans take out their frustration about the WWE on his career...

On the other hand if the WWE fights their baser instincts and gratefully accept our kudos for a job well done, and they double down on finding ways to work with us instead of forcing stuff on us that will help... Ditto for Reigns... if they give us something to like about him instead of him and us EXPECTING us to like him then I'd be happy to see him do well.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The open challenge seems like an invitation for Sheamus to come back. And also to clusterfuck it with Rusev, too. I know everyone expects Sheamus to go heel, but he was supposed to do that when he came back last year. That didn't work out well and the situation was there to do it.

Also, completely out of place plug to get people who haven't signed up for OO's Fantasy Baseball league to sign up. Draft is tomorrow and we need at least one more to even things up.

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
The open challenge seems like an invitation for Sheamus to come back. And also to clusterfuck it with Rusev, too. I know everyone expects Sheamus to go heel, but he was supposed to do that when he came back last year. That didn't work out well and the situation was there to do it.

Also, completely out of place plug to get people who haven't signed up for OO's Fantasy Baseball league to sign up. Draft is tomorrow and we need at least one more to even things up.

Thank you to you...and thanks to sam for being the 12th team rather immediately.

We do have more spots available if others want to join.

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
THA FUCK IS THAT MOHAWK?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is.

Anthony
Fella

Posts 497
Registered 7-10-2009

Mood: Knee-y

quote:
quote:

ETA:

Oh I never said anything about Dev not knowing what he's talking about, nor you. The association is that your "opinions" on the current state of the product are so vehemently against the grain of nearly everyone else on OO while you simultaneously prod at everyone for having those opinions like a kid poking a wasp's nest with a stick. Basically, your reactions remind me of trolls who just say the complete opposite of what everyone else is thinking just to illicit a response.

I saw your previous comments in prior months but never said anything. The one that stands out the most is your sarcastic response to the smarks feeling that Bryan was being held down, to which you said "I sure do wish they'd stop holding Bryan down by giving him all these main event matches" despite the fact it was a SmackDown main event.

Saying "He basically checked off every stupid box those who hated him had placed as checkpoints" baffles me, and on any other medium I would simply write you off as a troll. In this case, since you're an established regular on OO, I'll take the bait. What 'boxes' exactly did Reigns manage to "check off" in the span of a whole two months? Winning the belt is not one of those 'stupid boxes', that was literally the one outcome that all those people didn't want.

Like I said, let him build up for god's sake and give him something that he can work off of. Either he sinks and becomes Diesel, or he swims and becomes a believable main event talent that people can actually get behind. NOT Cena 2.0., NOT the lamest member of the Shield, NOT a blue contact-wearing teenage heartthrob - a legit wrestler and entertainer.

That's all I have to say for now. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT HAIRCUT ON SHEAMUS??????

[TheGuest] That's great, they kick Khali all over his torso and head and what does he sell? His knee.
[Dougie 2.0] Khalis kneebone is connected to his headbone
[Tommy D] Same way Welker hurt his knee.
[Sportsguy] Welker was jumped by the Nexus?
[Tommy D] yes they were so quick you couldn't even see them
[BC] you can't see me?

aindik
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 1-22-2013
Location Philly

Mood:

Or not.
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It finally happened! Heel Sheamus is back! It's even better than Heel Miz coming back! And that actually makes the Open Challenge later interesting!

[Edited on 3-31-2015 by nOOb]

aindik
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 1-22-2013
Location Philly

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You look stupid. Clap clap clapclapclap
S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Saying "He basically checked off every stupid box those who hated him had placed as checkpoints" baffles me, and on any other medium I would simply write you off as a troll.

Senile and troll. What a run you're on here. Maybe you can read a few more than a single post over years of them to make your broad determinations about members here.

quote:

Like I said, let him build up for god's sake and give him something that he can work off of.

Guy just had two straight main events that people loved. How is that not building off something he can work off of?

quote:
Originally posted by aindik
Or not.

Dammit, you had convinced me to jump off my prediction!

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4180
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just to ruin the actual challenge.

Imagine if it was Samoa Joe.

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Just to ruin the actual challenge.

Imagine if it was Samoa Joe.

Or if Kevin Owens' injury was fake and...

-------

And our first NXTers...the Lucha Dragons...and a huge NXT chant.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 3-31-2015 at 12:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess the Lucha Dragons work just as well as anything else.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top