The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (September 22, 2014)
PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1071
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 9-23-2014 at 01:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Amazing how quickly Cena attaches himself to the latest hot act in the hopes that a few people might stop booing him.

My only guess is that Rollins has his current theme music because the Headbangers passed on it and WWE didn't want it to go to waste.

When even the commentators are wondering what the hell Would-Be-Mrs.-Cena is trying to do, that's pretty bad.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1791
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 9-23-2014 at 03:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great match between Ziggler and Miz. I think they realized what a bad decision it was to take the belt off of Ziggler to begin with at NOC.

Everything I've read, the bunny was played by Justin Gabriel and is currently being played by Sami Zayn. When they eventually do the reveal, please don't let it still be Sami Zayn.

I know what they are trying to do for Rusev, but did they have to completely destroy Mark Henry's credibility in just 48 hours? "That's what I do!" and "Hall of Pain" have become a distant memory.....sigh

It was mentioned in the previous post, but does Cena have to glom onto everything that is hot at the moment, in this case Ambrose? The life force in my body disappeared when his music hit after Ambrose sat in the middle of the ring. Glad that Ambrose told Cena to go fuck himself.

No Wyatts....really?

[Edited on 9-23-2014 by Frank Lloyd Wright]

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3265
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 9-23-2014 at 06:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a few people, so I'm responding to the original quote
Did I blink or were the Wyatts totally absent from the show?

(sarcasm begins here) Well, since they haven't done anything new in MONTHS, their act is so stale that they've been pulled for repackaging. Cuz, y'know, OBVIOUSLY this gimmick is too weird and complicated and nuanced to get over with the crowds.(end sarcasm)

Holy people. These things happen occasionally. Once is a thing, twice is a whatchamacallit, three times is a pattern. Okay, so I'm paraphrasing.

[Edited on 9-23-2014 by Count Zero]

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7413
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 9-23-2014 at 06:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For the record, I do expect the Wyatts to be back next week...as main event opponents for the tag team of John Cena and Dean Ambrose (a match they won't win, BTW).

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3075
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 9-23-2014 at 07:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Count Zero

Holy people. These things happen occasionally. Once is a thing, twice is a whatchamacallit, three times is a pattern. Okay, so I'm paraphrasing.

[Edited on 9-23-2014 by Count Zero]

You're right, because talented, over guys never get demoted without any good reason in WWE, and not being booked on a PPV (or it's attendant RAW) when you're supposedly one of the brightest new stars in the company means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Adam Rose has gotten more screen time lately.

I'm not ready to say Wyatt's being buried, but he sure as hell isn't being pushed.

Anthony
Fella

Posts 497
Registered 7-10-2009

Mood: Knee-y

posted on 9-23-2014 at 07:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PB-13
My only guess is that Rollins has his current theme music because the Headbangers passed on it and WWE didn't want it to go to waste.

Those two themes really sound the same to you?

[TheGuest] That's great, they kick Khali all over his torso and head and what does he sell? His knee.
[Dougie 2.0] Khalis kneebone is connected to his headbone
[Tommy D] Same way Welker hurt his knee.
[Sportsguy] Welker was jumped by the Nexus?
[Tommy D] yes they were so quick you couldn't even see them
[BC] you can't see me?

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4061
Registered 1-22-2013
Member Is Online

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 9-23-2014 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
He's treading water until a spot opens up or somebody with influence gives a shit about him again. It's why being capable of shaking off hack writing and bad booking has become such an integral part of being a succesful top guy. Punk, Bryan and others had to put up with pure crap that seemed designed to hurt them and being so good that they managed to survive it is the biggest reason they eventually made it.

Bray Wyatt has the chops to recover from the damage that's bee done to him but I feel that for him to catch fire again he'll have to change it up or get an extended personal feud with somebody.

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1791
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 9-23-2014 at 08:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In regards to Wyatt, who is left for him to go against on the current roster? He has gone through Kane, Bryan, Cena, Jericho and Big Show (maybe?). My thinking is that they are going to finally have him go for some gold. Ziggler is what's being rumored. Just the contrast in character and in ring style, might make it an interesting feud. To see Wyatt with a strap over his shoulder would be a nice visual. Also, let's be realistic here, Bray Wyatt is highly thought of in the organization. They know they have a special talent there and will let it go to waste.

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 9-23-2014 at 08:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On the subject of Rollins' theme music... he and Ambrose are too over to be stuck with generic guitar riffs like that. They need to contact some bands and have them redo their songs. Keep the basic music, but make it into something that stands out more.

Just like in the past when Benoit/RVD/Batista had these at first:
http://youtu.be/2-go5-VrS0c
http://youtu.be/KuoVWlW3Mi0
http://youtu.be/wbvOeMTGngw

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6146
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 9-23-2014 at 08:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Considering the location, I'm surprised the Wyatt's weren't involved. But, I'm just glad Florida/Georgia Line got pushed at the 9.99PV. Because yokels gotta yoke.

As for Bray, I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure he'll be back at full creepy strength in no time. Jeez, is this the place to come to bitch or what? It's like that fence-jumper that made it into the White House and now everybody's losing their minds. Hell, I was complaining when he got in five years ago and nobody was listening to me then.

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Iíll give AEW credit ... while they lack in womanís wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1071
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 9-24-2014 at 01:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rollins' theme sounds like something the Headbangers would use, anyway.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4558
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 9-24-2014 at 02:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueChipper
quote:
Originally posted by denverpunk
Did I blink or were the Wyatts totally absent from the show?

They weren't.

Guess they've officially fallen out of favor with management.

Not that it's entirely stopped them in the past few weeks, but there was a story going around that Luke Harper was dealing with a pretty significant eye injury which is why he and Rowan were used sparingly... I imagine the truth is closer to the WWE just doesn't have any ideas for what to do with Wyatt at the moment... Although I do think if done right giving the Wyatts a bit of a rest from TV could work with his character, but only if his return is treated like a thing, instead of him just being thrown out there on Smack down randomly, and then needed on Raw whenever HHH decides to do one of his everybody line up on stage why I talk moves that he seems to be fond of.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10737
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 9-24-2014 at 02:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All current themes pale before that of Rusev. Rusev crush! America sucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cQe4RYi0xE

[Edited on 9/24/2014 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4061
Registered 1-22-2013
Member Is Online

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 9-24-2014 at 04:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
HHH decides to do one of his everybody line up on stage why I talk moves that he seems to be fond of.

This tells me that WWE to atleast a certain level cares about Wyatt. Besides the very top guys, everyody takes part in those somewhat emasculating stand on the stage promos with the exception of Bray and his clan. More than that, he's only the heel that the Authority has used without a pointless HHH barks orders backstage promo. Orton,Kane, Cesaro and everybody else who HHH has used has to have a backstage promo where HHH orders them around but thus far Bray hasn't had to deal with that. So at the very least they are protecting the gimmick now if they could only focus on his in ring credibility we could get something going.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6146
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 9-24-2014 at 04:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
All current themes pale before that of Rusev. Rusev crush! America sucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cQe4RYi0xE

[Edited on 9/24/2014 by Paddlefoot]

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Iíll give AEW credit ... while they lack in womanís wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10737
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 9-24-2014 at 04:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That too.

*sigh*

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3075
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

posted on 9-24-2014 at 05:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Reigns needs a new theme, too. That old Shield song has got to go. Ambrose's theme is basically Crash Holly's old theme with a better intro. Rollins theme just sucks - they've done shitty, generic metal enough. Something like Drew's old theme would work for him.

[Edited on 9-24-2014 by denverpunk]

JSpec
ButtViper

Posts 9
Registered 1-31-2013

Mood:

posted on 9-24-2014 at 02:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How does Ambrose getting out of a locked and guarded room and hiding out in an oversized box at ringside not qualify as "embarrassed to be a wrestling fan" material? Good odds on no explanation whatsoever next week too, because really what would make any sense?

The bunny, however, now that's good stuff!

They should have a lost and dejected Mark Henry join the Wyatts - he's got the beard for it!

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1071
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 9-24-2014 at 04:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Per Ambrose on Main Event: There was a back door.

-PB

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3265
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-24-2014 at 04:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm not ready to say Wyatt's being buried, but he sure as hell isn't being pushed.
Weren't people here not too long ago "praising" the return of the WWE-Midcard?

What does everybody want? Everybody in the main event, every week, all the time, as the complete and total focus of EVERY STORY EVER?

I realize I'm getting a bit hyperbolic here, but I think that's what's happening on the other side of the debate. "oh noes! guys not on tv! it's DOOOM!" Maybe they all had bad shellfish from catering, or something, and we just didn't find out about it through the smarky channels, for once. Don't worry, I'll whine & gripe if/when the Wyatts get screwed over, since I've been a huge mark for Bray since day 1 AND because I have terribly-little-faith in the WWE (qv. "how i figured they'd screw up Daniel Bryan"). I just don't think THIS is "screwed over", not yet.

People were burning out on the Wyatts, saying it was "getting stale", wanting them to add new members, etc etc etc. So they take a week off tv, and everybody's panties are bunched. Which is it?

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7413
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 9-24-2014 at 08:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The problem is that once Vince gets his projects, nothing else gets done. He's got an overly elaborate plan involving the Authority, Cena, Ambrose, and possibly Brock Lesnar, and it's very clear that he knows he struck gold with the US/Russia turmoil while having a wrestler AND valet he could make pro-Russian, so those are his two things right now: Rusev and the Main Event scene. And while that's good that the two programs they're working on involve guys who could very well be main event fixtures for a long time, the drawback is that no one else benefits. The IC Title has changed hands twice over the past four days (and a new IC title feud looks to be started on Smackdown, though how long that lasts is up in the air). Bo Dallas, after starting undefeated, inexplicably lost to R-Truth, then followed that up by looking like he had a PPV ready feud with Jack Swagger, only to have that wiped out after Swagger beat him twice cleanly on Raw. It doesn't seem like WWE knows whether or not they want the US Title to be an afterthought or a part of the show. Hell, when Reigns and Rollins weren't specifically a part of the main event scene this past month, they did their PPV match on FREE TV with a clean result before Reigns got hurt. The booking is just all over the place to the point where, if they're not fighting for or around the World Title or for 'Merica, they're out in the cold.

For the record, without spoiling anything, the Wyatts aren't on Smackdown either. And they weren't on the C Show, Main Event. And, judging from how the show goes, Wyatt really isn't left with any potential programs for HiaC.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3498
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 9-24-2014 at 10:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So they can leave him off TV until HiaC, then have them magically appear inside the cell during the Ambrose / Rollins Match. That could lead to them VS Ambrose, while Cena gets Rollins and Lesnar either A) misses survivor series, or B) takes on someone not named Cena.

Hell, I'm still convincing myself they'll turn Wyatt face sometime soon. They could actually do that at the end of Rollins/Ambrose, hand them protecting the loose cannon and start a Wyatts vs Authority series. We already know from the start of the year that most combinations of the Wyatts, Ambrose and Rollins worked well together, so let's have more of that...

Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 9-25-2014 at 02:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
What does everybody want? Everybody in the main event, every week, all the time, as the complete and total focus of EVERY STORY EVER?

Now you understand the IWC. You are now ready to face The Trials.

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3075
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

posted on 9-25-2014 at 02:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
]Weren't people here not too long ago "praising" the return of the WWE-Midcard?

Yes, but that's not what this is about. This is about a guy not being on the card AT ALL.

quote:

No.

quote:
People were burning out on the Wyatts, saying it was "getting stale", wanting them to add new members, etc etc etc. So they take a week off tv, and everybody's panties are bunched. Which is it?

Why is it an either/or question? I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't recall seeing much "Hey, too much Bray" on these bOOrds. A lot of people want more of him, not less. And it's not just that he's been off TV - he hasn't been written off; they've just stopped using him. A lot of that might be because of WWE's horrible year regarding quittings and injures, but Wyatt wasn't taken out or 'written off'. He's in the middle of 'creative has nothing for you right now', without a visible plan. Not having one for a guy who most people consider to be a singular talent seems strange. Maybe it's nothing, sure, but it feels weird.

[Edited on 9-25-2014 by denverpunk]

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3265
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

posted on 9-25-2014 at 05:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Why is it an either/or question? I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't recall seeing much "Hey, too much Bray" on these bOOrds. A lot of people want more of him, not less. And it's not just that he's been off TV - he hasn't been written off; they've just stopped using him. A lot of that might be because of WWE's horrible year regarding quittings and injures, but Wyatt wasn't taken out or 'written off'. He's in the middle of 'creative has nothing for you right now', without a visible plan. Not having one for a guy who most people consider to be a singular talent seems strange. Maybe it's nothing, sure, but it feels weird.

[Edited on 9-25-2014 by denverpunk]
You've already made up your mind, it seems, and it leans towards "he's getting shafted". And that's sort of my point: It's not "omg he's fired" or "omg he's on tv everyweek". People need to stop freaking out if a guy who is crazy-popular doesn't show up on television in one given week.

I can't argue with your stance that "wwe creative has nothing for him", but that doesn't necessarily mean he's fallen into disfavor. "WWE creative has nothing" for a lot of people who are still employed on a weekly basis and on our television sets. (They're relying on "total divas" to provide the storylines for 90% of their female workers, for instance.) In fact, maybe you could view this as a "GOOD" break; maybe Bray has said "okay, stop throwing us out there against just everybody for no reason" and maybe somebody actually listened! (I seriously doubt this, but stranger things have happened, and it seems like he's got some 'say' over how the Wyatt Family is portrayed.)

Until Bray gets repackaged as Wyatt "Sparky" Plugg, I'm not going to hit the panic button. It's no good trying to figure out what's going on "in the mind of the WWE".

[Edited on 9-25-2014 by Count Zero]

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top