The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (September 22, 2014)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4338
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 9-22-2014 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (September 22, 2014)

Tonight on RAW: we turn the page and start the journey to Hell in the Cell... the obvious headliner for that show will be a Lesnar/Cena rematch, inside the Cell, presumably at the behest of John Cena (who will want the Cell to keep out interference after last night's shitty cop-out non-finish)... also, presumably, Paul Heyman will try to weasel out, since Cena got his one obligatory rematch, thus creating what will pass for "drama" before said match is eventually confirmed...

Of note: Brock, himself, will not be present at RAW, so Heyman will be handling all the talking (outside of any backstage bits Brock might have taped yesterday)...

Then, there is no doubt in my mind the #2 HitC PPV match on the depth chart will be Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins... I was sorta looking forward to milking it for a bit before Rollins was forced into another one-on-one, but with Reigns out, I just don't see a tag match that makes sense... the only real question is whether they somehow manage to turn it into a secondary Cell match, or if they'll stick to just one of those on the PPV...

As far as the HitC undercard goes, you pretty much have to grant the Usos, Ziggler, and Paige their title rematches... at the very least, I think you can save the Usos/Dusts match back till the PPV... likewise, there's no reason to pull the trigger on AJ/Paige (one on one, and free of Bellas) until HitC... but I'd be perfectly OK if they did some hijinx with the IC Title, and had Ziggler take his rematch sooner, and then rebuild the IC Title match as a 3- or 4-way at the PPV (with Sandow, at least, and possibly also Truth); there's just a lot of fun moving parts to work with, there, and it'll keep the IC Title situation fresh even as we head towards 4 months of Ziggler vs. Miz...

But past those 5 stories, pretty much everyone else is due for a reset, including some pretty big names... Randy Orton has nothing on his plate... Bray Wyatt's nemesis-free, at this point, same goes for US Champ Sheamus (no matter how much last night whet our appetites for a rematch with Cesaro)... I see nothing to be gained from doing Rusev/Henry again, so who's next for Rusev?....

Presumably, this SHOULD mean that Big Show/Henry will refocus their energies on being a tag team... if so, then you slot them against Harper/Rowan, with Bray back to his more puppet-master-y ways, only wrestling sporadically, which is a fine and dandy direction to go (and better than having him slum it by going for a secondary title, or whatever rumor it was that Meltzer was trying to float last week)... and I'm still all-in on the idea of Rusev's next Dick Move being a US Title win, so why not kill two birds with one Rusev/Sheamus feud?

Orton's a bit more problematic, but in reality, Christian not nearly as injured as Cole made him out to be last night (he's actually been cleared for a few weeks), so maybe you build on last night's little exchange, where Orton prematurely took credit for retiring Christian, and do an Orton/Christian mini-feud? After 6 straight months of losing every big match, Orton could use another "get well" program, and I think Christian would provide the right mix of credible opposition while still being essentially expendable... I wouldn't hold my breath that the matches end up as good as the ones 3 years ago, but I also don't think they'd suck...

And then you've still got all the undercard material to work with, too: we can't be too far off from the Bunny being revealed as part of the Rose vs. Slater Gator feud (Zayn and Gabriel have both played the Bunny, but neither is expected to be under the mask for the reveal; my money's still on Darren Young)... there has to be SOME kind of closure/climax to Dallas/Swagger, besides Bo just winning all the matches and hitting his catchphrase; WWE's already flushed Swagger's unexpected babyface goodwill, it seems, so do you consider having him heed Bo's advice, and dump Zeb to team with Bo?... and a bunch of the NXT guys are once again at tapings this week (as they were last week; but they weren't used as Vince wanted to focus more on building NoC), under the impression they'll get used... but how? Despite the "Next Generation" tease, I don't think it'll be a huge Radicals-style takeover/debut (I expect that tease to be a floptastic announcement regarding the 2K15 game), but I think I speak for all of us when I say any excuse to get guys like Neville/Zayn/et al on TV is a good one...

Oh, and tonight, they're in Memphis, so Jerry Lawler something something...

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7382
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 9-23-2014 at 12:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I did like how Ambrose and Cena aren't automatically friends since they both hate Rollins. Will be interested in how that plays out...next week, when the Bears don't have a MNF game. Thinking is that if I don't watch any more Raw than the first segment, it'll be good. Taking the hit for you guys.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Nikhil
And I am AWESOME

Posts 163
Registered 7-12-2011
Location USA

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 12:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And thats why we are getting Orton vs Cena for the 891st time

YNWA

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1071
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It'll be different this time! Kane and Rollins will be at ringside, so the odds will be stacked against John Cena!

Oh wait...

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7557
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WrestleMania XXXI main event: Brock Lesnar vs The Bunny.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9462
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What's up with the almost-weekly new theme of somebody getting locked in a room?

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 689
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Whoever was the bunny tonight was white, so I wonder...if they do go with Darren Young as the reveal, do they just hope people won't notice the skin color of his arms/wrists the last few weeks?

edited to add....Last night and tonight have made me realize how much of a better actor Mark Henry is than the Bella's.

[Edited on 9-23-2014 by G-Spot]

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9462
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If Darren Young is the reveal, that will be the most anti-climactic reveal since the Gobbledygooker.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6028
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: WHY IS ANYTHING

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Please Bellas. Stahp. Please...

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3064
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the excellent Ziggler/Miz match earlier. Quality stuff.
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1626
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PB-13
It'll be different this time! Kane and Rollins will be at ringside, so the odds will be stacked against John Cena!

Oh wait...

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So it's Sting in the box right? Or CM Punk? Or Austin?

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 689
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
So it's Sting in the box right? Or CM Punk? Or Austin?

They're in "Mayemfis Tayneesee" so I'm expecting Andy Kaufman's corpse.

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9462
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
all three.

And Undertaker.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3064
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 9-23-2014 at 02:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did I blink or were the Wyatts totally absent from the show?
BlueChipper
And I am AWESOME

Posts 144
Registered 4-7-2013

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 03:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by denverpunk
Did I blink or were the Wyatts totally absent from the show?

They weren't.

Guess they've officially fallen out of favor with management.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7382
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 9-23-2014 at 03:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I figure they had a Wyatt/Big Show program planned that fell through because of either a Show injury, a Show bi-monthly vacation, Vince not wanting Show to lose, or because Show had gas. Whatever reason it is that Show constantly disappears for long periods of time.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9462
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 9-23-2014 at 03:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
Whatever reason it is that Show constantly disappears for long periods of time.

Possibly also the fact that he's in his 40's (I think? I don't care enough to Google) and he's ginormous and they don't want him to die.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4017
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 9-23-2014 at 03:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So Seth Rollins is the no.2 heel after Lesnar right(HHH probably won't have his own angles till next year at the pace things are going)? That's pretty cool. Along with Ambrose getting four segments, his theme starting and ending the show, adn the strong reactions pretty much guarantees he's close to being made as possible for somebody not in the title hunt. Reigns is likely coming back with a super push so all three Shield guys look to have great futures.

I think Darren Young is a good pick for the bunny. He's not a bad speaker and good enough wrestler but can't connect with the audience so give him the over the top gimmick and keep guys who have found their footing away from that mess.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 9-23-2014 at 04:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've only caught the opening segment thus far, but I've gotta say that IF they were so inclined....I'd be okay with Ambrose and Cena forging a Riggs and Murtaugh-esque relationship.

And I say that as probably this bOOards biggest Ambrose mark, and as someone who's so over Cena I can't even bring myself to be mad at him anymore.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 9-23-2014 at 04:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
[double post]

[Edited on 9/23/2014 by CM Crunk]

whyme
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1039
Registered 2-4-2003
Location in my house

Mood: Minty Fresh

posted on 9-23-2014 at 05:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So thanks to a last minute offer from a friend, I got to attend Raw.

Hadn't been to a show in probably 4 years. Actually enjoyed most of the matches.

Miz/Ziggler was hands down the best match. Crowd was really into it.

I knew Rusev was going to win because you could see the flag above the ring waiting to be dropped.

The security guy that had the tatoo on him that was in front of the door holding Ambrose was a server at Buffalo Wild Wings. It kept driving me crazy cause I recognized him from somewhere so by the end of the night, it finally donned on me that I had seen him there a few times.

The bunny was by far my favorite part of the night. Just so random and crazy. My friend asked me how long till he was Champion.

Another highlight happened when AJ got thrown into Paige, a drunk guy in the section yelled for Paige to toss her salad. Got a chuckle from the adults in the area.

After the show went off, some moron decided to jump the barricade and charge towards Cena. He didn't get far before one of the security guys flung him to the ground. If the security guy didn't get him, the ref was about to.

One big difference I noticed between this Raw and past shows i've gone too is the amount of kids. This was by far the most vocal i've ever heard a crowd in all the different shows i've been too in Memphis and I think it has to do with the kids. It was nice seeing them act like I used to until I stumbled upon some guy called The Rick.

All in all it was a fun show.

Two Penguins sitting in a bathtub, one says pass the radio.

Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 9-23-2014 at 06:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
* Wow, Ambrose and Cena were going to have some fun and then... FF.
* Fun I-C Match to start off.  Absolutely hysterical (as usual) was Sandow when Miz applied the Figure 4 and Damien applied his own imaginary Figure 4 on an invisible opponent on the outside.  I heartily guffawed.
* Dallas/Swagger is waning.  Need to freshen it or finish it.
* TWOODNAAVE infiltrating storylines again.  I contend this match could've been just as good if not better without said contrivings.
* Ambrose/Kane was OK.  Kane seemed a little off his game tonight.
* Y'know, I'm about sick of all these guys like the Usos, Dusts, Cesaro, and Sheamus just putting on quality matches in every environment possible, regardless of their place on the card.  It gets so redundant and boring.  This is today's Opposite Comment.
* Rusev/Henry told a better story tonight, but I still didn't like it as much as I did Rusev's battles with Swagger.
* Way to discourage BunnyMania, JBL.  If that wasn't obvious reverse psychology, I don't know what is.
* Nikki Bella promos starting to make my head hurt.  Now they're arguing over the name?  Fine.  Brianna Bryan works for me.  Nice and alliterative.  Nikki can put an N on her right breast and a B on her left and we can start calling her Nice Boobs Nikki Bella.  Yippee.  I gave these girls enough of a chance to get their act together and make this compelling.  I yield.  Sorry girls.  My script for you was so much better. http://www.oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=28863&page=1#pid471278
* Y'know, as much as they've shown Ambrose locked up, I'm sure he's going to find some way out.  By the way, I think it was 4 full recaps of the opening mess.  Way to time manage, WWE.
* So The Rick says Ambrose was hiding in the cinder block box? Who thought to store it in the same room they locked Dean in in the first place? And how did they get the box out? And why didn't they notice Ambrose missing from the room? My head hurts again.

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 9-23-2014 at 07:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can't be the only one, right?

Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 9-23-2014 at 07:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cena and Punk look so different without makeup.

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top