The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Walking Dead - Season Five
CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

Mood: PrestonC76

posted on 7-25-2014 at 11:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Walking Dead - Season Five

The Walking Dead Season Five Trailer

I'm sure most of you have already seen this, but AMC released this teaser trailer for the Walking Dead at SDCC earlier today. They also confirmed that the show would be returning on October 12th, and will be 16 episodes split with 8 airing in the fall and the other 8 airing starting in February (God I hate that.)

The trailer looks great. I'm definitely getting antsy waiting for October to approach, and by the looks of things we'll be getting a kickass season premier. Looking forward to seeing those waterlogged zombies, those ones are always nice and squishy and gross. Also interested in seeing more of Gareth and the folks from Terminus. Interesting to see that the two groups look to be teaming up to get Eugene to Washington D.C., I can't imagine that it'll be a smooth partnership.

I kind of feel bad for forgetting about Beth (but then again, aside from the random singing, that's her gimmick right?) but color me intrigued by her storyline. Where the hell is she? Who has her?

And the last thing I'll add for now is just a little bit of paranoia from watching the trailer. Am I the only one who noticed that there wasn't a whole lot of Glenn? Hmmm?

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 7-27-2014 at 02:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is probably just geek paranoia, but earlier today I skimmed across a headline online saying "Walking Dead Season 5 trailer may contain a MASSIVE spoiler" so keep that in mind if you haven't already seen the trailer. It might just be speculation, but just keep that in mind if you haven't seen the trailer and are thinking about clicking the link.
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 7-27-2014 at 03:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After that, not about to click that link (and since AMC isn't on my usual viewing list anyways, I'll wind up avoiding any potential spoilers for this season via commercials). So long as they avoid the whole "Beth got taken by cannibals and will be eaten" bit, everything else should be a fun ride. Also at least I won't have to suffer through rapid character deaths since I won't be binge watching this season in a week like I did with seasons 1 through the first half of four. That was a horrible idea, even if it did catch me up.
desjr001
Showstopper

Posts 639
Registered 9-18-2004
Location Tampa Rasslin City USA

Mood: kiss my assable

posted on 9-8-2014 at 11:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Latest Trailer

Spoil-la-la-la-lahs?

Please let this be the season that last season should have been

[Edited on 9-8-2014 by desjr001]

There is no exception,
that everyone thinks they are the exception.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9035
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 9-8-2014 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Don't Mess With Texas

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10983
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 10-7-2014 at 04:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bump. Reminder that it premiers this Sunday night. Expanded trailer with more gore below.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 10-12-2014 at 09:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So we're finally here, and the shows premiering in a few more hours... You think they'll kill someone off to get our attention right off the bat? (Unintended Negan joke) I have my suspicions, and that freeze frame of Daryl and poor, poor Glenn in Paddles video isn't doing anything to ease them. I hope I'm wrong, because I don't think I'm ready for that on the show. Yet.

What I do know I'm looking forward to is more Maggie in clingy sweat and zombie-goo moistened tanktops out in the hot Georgia sun and holyshitIjustrememberedRosita...

I have no idea how to go about it, but someone should really start a Walking Dead Season 5 Deadpool thread... Just a suggestion

desjr001
Showstopper

Posts 639
Registered 9-18-2004
Location Tampa Rasslin City USA

Mood: kiss my assable

posted on 10-13-2014 at 01:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glenn is all over that trailer above.

But Bob is not.

There is no exception,
that everyone thinks they are the exception.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10983
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-13-2014 at 02:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pretty much nothing but 'holy shit!' moments from start to finish. Aim herd at compound full of assholes, lolz aplenty ensue. Plus fun with propane tanks. By every standard of sick-fuckery this show fucking owns.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 10-13-2014 at 05:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just finished up watching the show...Wow. That was a nice intense season premiere. I kinda want to get all spoilery, but I'll hold off until tomorrow and just enjoy the afterglow.
CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 10-13-2014 at 06:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Okay, fuck, I'm bad at this whole waiting until tomorrow thing, but I'm wondering if anyone else is thinking what I'm thinking; Is there any chance that that was Negan who cracked Gareth with the flashlight? I'm going to have to watch the episode, because the "Then" "Now" and "Then" segments kind of threw me off...
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1704
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 10-13-2014 at 12:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CM Crunk
Okay, fuck, I'm bad at this whole waiting until tomorrow thing, but I'm wondering if anyone else is thinking what I'm thinking; Is there any chance that that was Negan who cracked Gareth with the flashlight? I'm going to have to watch the episode, because the "Then" "Now" and "Then" segments kind of threw me off...

I doubt it. As far as I can tell, we're to believe that, after being victimized by the people they tried to help, Gareth and his folks eventually managed to turn the tables and retake Terminus. It seems unlikely that any of the invaders would have survived.

I've been hearing a lot of "Oh I wonder when Negan is going to show up" talk, but considering the ratings "The Walking Dead" gets, you probably have to figure it's going to have that spot on AMC for as long as it wants. And if that's the case, I doubt the producers are in any big hurry to trot out Negan. I mean, they just killed off the other major, compelling "Walking Dead" villain last season, and how long a span did we get between the Governor and Negan in the comics?

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2538
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 10-13-2014 at 03:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I watched it this afternoon before worked (which was a few hours after you guys got to watch)...

Man, that episode was awesome.

Anyone catch the very end, after the credits?

CLEAR!

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9035
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 10-13-2014 at 04:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On a scale of 1-10, that episode was frickin' awesome.

Don't Mess With Texas

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8325
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 10-13-2014 at 04:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There was too much happy stuff at the end... I kept waiting for something awful to happen.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12840
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-13-2014 at 06:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CM Crunk

Kirkman tweeted that the guy in the flashback definitely not Negan (me and my lady thought it might be too). While the guy did have dark hair pulled back in to a ponytail, he apparently had facial tattoos that were very difficult to see with the way they lit the shot.

So yeah, it was the guy who came out of the other holding container with the long hair and beard with the face tats.

I wish it was Negan, to be honest, and that somehow, he survived the takeover and moved on, only for us to encounter him again much later.

That said, the episode was AWESOMESAUCE

[Edited on 10-13-2014 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 825
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 10-13-2014 at 06:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
I watched it this afternoon before worked (which was a few hours after you guys got to watch)...

CLEAR!

I missed it. What happened?

CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 10-13-2014 at 06:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It makes me very happy to know that this take exists:

THAT was probably the most satisfying season premiere of the Walking Dead yet. I had the benefit of watching it commercial-free with a DVR buffer, and this episode just sailed right along. Excellent pacing the whole way through, with some legitimately creepy scenes peppered throughout. I'm pretty desensitized when it comes to horror movie violence, but I couldn't help but cringe during the scene where they were lined up at the trough. I don't think we've seen that level of human on human violence on the show before have we? It's kind of funny that they can show 3 people graphically bleeding out from having their throats slit, but heaven forbid they broadcast the clip I posted above with the bad word in it.

Speaking of the trough scene, I audibly groaned once the butcher unveiled his baseball bat. I know not everyone here reads the comics, but boy was that a sphincter-clenchening moment for those of us who do... I know I thought I knew where that scene was going and was relieved to be wrong. The way that scene constantly trolled my emotions made me think that Triple H took over as showrunner.

Anyone know what the deal was with the knowing glance shared between the first guy slaughtered and Rick? Or am I just imagining things?

Let's hear it for character progression, and the awesomeness that is Carol. If you would have told me during the first season that she was one day going to end up being the female John Rambo of the zombie apocalypse I wouldn't have believed you. But here we are now, and Carol is a badass.

I don't what it says about me, but I was right there with Rick wanting to go back and take out the rest of the Terminites (Termites?) Somehow I think the group talking him out of it will come back to bite them in the ass in a BIG way.

quote:
Originally posted by G. Jonah Jameson
I doubt it. As far as I can tell, we're to believe that, after being victimized by the people they tried to help, Gareth and his folks eventually managed to turn the tables and retake Terminus. It seems unlikely that any of the invaders would have survived.

I've been hearing a lot of "Oh I wonder when Negan is going to show up" talk, but considering the ratings "The Walking Dead" gets, you probably have to figure it's going to have that spot on AMC for as long as it wants. And if that's the case, I doubt the producers are in any big hurry to trot out Negan. I mean, they just killed off the other major, compelling "Walking Dead" villain last season, and how long a span did we get between the Governor and Negan in the comics?

Well, my theory is in the shitter. I rewatched the episode and realized that the guy who looked like Negan was one of the guys who took over Terminus, and as far as I can tell ended up being the crazy guy with the long hair and tattoos on his face who got chomped on after being let out of the train car by Rick. Same face tattoos as far as I can tell, but the flashback scene was poorly lit.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the last we'll be seeing of Gareth, at least I hope it isn't. He only took a shot to the shoulder, so I'm sure he'll be back to collect his pound of flesh before the end of the season. Hell, probably before the midseason finale. I look forward to giddily hating him some more.

quote:

CLEAR!

I almost missed it, but man am I glad I didn't. I don't know what it is about the guy, but I loves me some Morgan. I seem to remember him and Rick being on good enough terms the last time we saw him, so I hope he's trying to catch up with them for all of the right reasons. It also looked like he had a riot helmet on his back, so I'm guessing he made it to the prison... What intrigues me is the symbol that he spotted on the tree.

quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
On a scale of 1-10, that episode was frickin' awesome.

Yes, yes it was.

quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
There was too much happy stuff at the end... I kept waiting for something awful to happen.

I swear my inner Louis CK was screaming "why the FUCK would anything NICE ever happen!?" I was waiting for a sniper bullet to hollow out someones skull right there at the end. I think we can chalk this up as the groups first full-on "win" as far as, well, anything goes. They set shit straight for the time being, didn't tragically lose anyone, and are free to be on their merry way. That's a first, right? If so, I'm pretty sure we're in for a seriously fucked up season.

When everyone ended up at that tiny cabin at the end, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself at the thought of Rick saying "No more running. This is our new home." and everyone fortifying this tiny little shitbox cabin, sleeping in Dr. Seuss-esque bunkbeds and holding onto the place like it was the farm/prison.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 10-13-2014 at 06:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39
quote:

CLEAR!

I missed it. What happened?

I missed it too, I had to hurry up and switch over to SNF, which was a big mistake....

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 10-13-2014 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's not a spoiler anymore since it happened, but....

This guy was reading Rick's poop-smeared Terminus sign:

Turns out it was:

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10983
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-13-2014 at 07:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Technically we never saw the guy with the face tattoos die. All we saw was a zombie jump him and then Glenn bashed the zombie with the ball bat. So there's a possibility that the tattoo guy is still alive. Fun with speculating is that he was one of the original marauders, possibly Negan, that attacked the Termites and they kept him alive and alone in his own rail car just to enjoy watching him go insane. This kinda/sorta/maybe follows the comic somewhat where *SPOILERTZZ* Rick's been keeping Negan locked up in a cell, complete with them not cutting his hair and giving him a bucket to poop in, after they defeated his forces in the recent All-Out War storyline.

CreativeInternetAliass
The Rowdy One

Posts 2746
Registered 5-26-2010
Location north carolina

Mood: Williamaniac.

posted on 10-13-2014 at 08:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The blonde guy at the trough was the same guy from last season that Rick and Carol met when Rick was kicking her out of the prison. He had the girlfriend that had the leg tatoo. Rick gave him his watch, which was the same watch Carol picked up later before getting Darryls Crossbow.

As an added FYI, the blonde guy also plays Cobbelpot aka the Penguin on the new gotham series, so no surprise that he bought it pretty quick this go round.

Also, on talking dead they straight up said that the tattoed guy was the guy from the flashback, and that Glen was mercy killing him, not the zombie that was biting him, so he was not Neagan, and not coming back.

you're a freak of nature Dougie, laws of nature do not apply to you (BC in chat on 7/02/12 describing why women think i'm sweet)

dev are you going to give me your address or do i have to check the registered sex offender data base (Firewoman trying to set up a three way meet on 03/20/2011)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10983
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-13-2014 at 09:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bummer. I don't watch Talking Dead. I don't like the canned cheering. And I'm really not interested in what any of their guests like Kevin Smith or Sarah Silverman have to say about TWD, or anything else either. fuck the bastards i'll get 'em.......

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12840
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-13-2014 at 11:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CM Crunk
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1957
Registered 7-20-2011

posted on 10-13-2014 at 11:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top