The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Leaked Script of Most Recent RAW
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 4-16-2014 at 12:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Leaked Script of Most Recent RAW

Here's a link to a script that someone found on the floor of the locker room in Birmingham.

http://imgur.com/a/u9Xj3#0

Interesting that CM Punk is listed as "injured" with his status as "TBD". Even more interesting is that AJ Lee is also listed as "injured".

Lastly, Brock Lesnar, and the New Age Outlaws are not listed on the main roster, but are identified as "miscellaneous".

[Edited on 4-16-2014 by CCharger]

[Edited on 4-16-2014 by CCharger]

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Jumbie
Showstopper

Posts 802
Registered 9-22-2010

Mood: Hopeful

posted on 4-16-2014 at 03:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
-John Laurinitis has his name allover that thing.

-Paul Heyman really gets a lot of leeway to run his mouth.

-Seems like the final script was changed because on the actual show there was no evolution footage or mention of Evolution in the first part of the show. Good decision because the Evolution music and reunion came in as more of a swerve later. (I mean, we all knew it was coming, but at least they kept the evolution imagery fresh.)

-I much prefer the way the draft script had Stephanie hand Kane a key to unlock the mask.

-No photoshop mentioned in the John Cena segment, just a mention of sister abigail being ugly. I guess they decided to jazz it up.

-I'm surprised at how much the Wyatt script is to what he actually delivered in the ring. Especially compared to how loose Cena, Sandow, Heyman or even Titus O'Neill are scripted. I wonder if Wyatt is sitting in with the writers on this stuff?

[Edited on 4-16-2014 by Jumbie]

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 4-16-2014 at 03:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's funny - Ziggler is listed as both: not having a match on this Raw and not appearing on this Raw.

He not only wrestled, but was actually in the script as wrestling Barrett.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 4-16-2014 at 03:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't remember where, but I remember reading that Bray gets a great deal of input in his promos with the writers.

It's also interesting to compare this script which the HHH-led creative team wrote and the one below which the Stephanie-led creative team wrote.

No where near as detailed and micromanaged especially in the area of promos.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/190821-photos-the-infamous-full-12-page-wwe-raw-script

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 4-16-2014 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Think the reason this was "found on the floor" was because some of it was re-ordered/changed by Vince. What I found real interesting were the last 3 pages... the checklists. Social media integration is part of everything. Attention to detail (bordering on micromanagement) and rehearsals seem to be a bigger part than it used to be. And when it came to promos, there were "check with Vince or Paul" references if writers weren't sure about some things. If Heyman is that high up in that department, that can only be a good thing.

Also was surprised how many different segment producers there were. If they do 16 every Raw, I'd like to see those 8-10 guys get either whittled down by 50% or have more two-man collaborative teams.

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

soonertoby
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 10
Registered 11-26-2007

Mood:

posted on 4-16-2014 at 03:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Could "Paul" be referring to HHH, though?

"My only hobby is laziness, which naturally rules out all others"
~ Granni Nazzano

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 4-16-2014 at 03:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dominator
Think the reason this was "found on the floor" was because some of it was re-ordered/changed by Vince.

Keller is reporting that the IC title tournament was a last minute audible. Christian was expected to return and demand a title shot, but his medical report was not good, and they decided to push Cesaro in a tournament instead.

-- The Rick

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 4-16-2014 at 04:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonertoby

More than likely yes, as I recently read that backstage everyone is being steered towards calling HHH "Paul" as opposed to "Hunter" as he has traditionally been called. This is going part and parcel with his increased corporate role.

You know what's kind of a side fact out of the unearthing of this script is just how tightly locked down the WWE must keep these things. I know a lot of places have weird colour coding for script security on tv shows and movies, but this is a live event and for all intents and purposes the scripts are garbage once the lights dim on Raw (save for a few kernels we can pull from them)... This is however, only like the 2nd script that seems to have come to light in like what? The past ten or so years?

It just goes to show for as much as we have all of these rumours we like to talk about, and how many of them are sure things... it would appear that the WWE is still fairly good at keeping a lot of their business pretty locked down.

[Edited on 4-16-2014 by Flash]

Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 4-16-2014 at 07:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonertoby

Yeah, good point.

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

aindik
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 93
Registered 1-22-2013
Location Philly

Mood:

posted on 4-16-2014 at 07:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Removed from roster: Warrior
Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 4-16-2014 at 11:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
With regards to the social media integration etc... I think this is why JR is frequently full of praise for Michael Cole. When he first started with WWE back in 1999, he was just a play by play guy, Twitter etc didnt even exist... now he has to try and fit a bit of play by play in with plugging the PPV's, twitter, Tout(ha!), facebook, random stats, the network, the advertisers.... the other two tend to just comment on random stuff, but Cole really does a good job of steering the commentary on TV.

The wyatt script... that must e coming from Wyatt, maybe Heyman and one writer... otherwise you have to ask, if they can do that for him, why not everyone else? But then again, he was doing that sort of promo back in NXT too, which i doubt the Raw writers pay attention to...

nsuking2005
Showstopper

Posts 537
Registered 12-24-2007
Location TX

Mood:

posted on 4-16-2014 at 11:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, it's been reported that AJ is taking an indefinite leave of absence. If she's injured and/or needed to take time off, then that puts A LOT more context around the happenings around the division over the last couple of weeks.
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 4-16-2014 at 11:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nsuking2005
Well, it's been reported that AJ is taking an indefinite leave of absence. If she's injured and/or needed to take time off, then that puts A LOT more context around the happenings around the division over the last couple of weeks.

Well, clearly this is going to spark up talk about her being unhappy/ on the outs with the company especially considering her relationship with CM Punk. I have no idea if her injury/leave/absence has anything to do with Punk or not, but the rumors will start for sure.

-- The Rick

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1700
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 4-17-2014 at 02:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The reports of injury make a lot more sense to me than the rumors of AJ Lee getting de-pushed just because she's in a relationship with a guy who's on the outs with WWE. WWE overlooks the shitty actions of its wrestlers' romantic partners all the time. Take Kelly Kelly. I don't know how long she was dating Test, but it was a considerable amount of time after he got fired for like 1,000 simultaneous Wellness violations, and the company kept her around for years after that.

I think fans have had a tendency to place a lot more importance on wrestlers' dating relationships than WWE does ever since John Morrison lost his push in 2011. I never quite got that. It seemed pretty clear to me that what cost him his push was getting injured at an inconvenient time; even after years of being in that weird relationship with Melina and the stupid encounter with Trish Stratus at Wrestlemania 27, he main-evented the first post-Wrestlemania PPV. Taking his push away because he got hurt is stupid too, of course, but it's an entirely different kind of stupid.

CreativeInternetAliass
The Rowdy One

Posts 2746
Registered 5-26-2010
Location north carolina

Mood: Williamaniac.

posted on 4-17-2014 at 02:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I keep seeing a Steve O. listed on this script.....that's not the guy from jackass is it?

you're a freak of nature Dougie, laws of nature do not apply to you (BC in chat on 7/02/12 describing why women think i'm sweet)

dev are you going to give me your address or do i have to check the registered sex offender data base (Firewoman trying to set up a three way meet on 03/20/2011)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top