The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ultimate Warrior Passes Away
PyroFalkon
Fella

Posts 453
Registered 11-17-2004
Location Xenia, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 03:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ultimate Warrior Passes Away

This is unreal... he looked good over the weekend, what the hell happened?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

This was SO ridiculously sudden that I really don't have anything to say about it. I was chatting on a show about wrestling and we were talking about the Hall of Fame, and suddenly... this. As I'm writing this, it was JUST announced, so no cause or anything.

[Edited on 4-9-2014 by PyroFalkon]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PyroFalkon 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   PyroFalkon 's Yahoo
valpo2006
ButtViper

Posts 3
Registered 1-19-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 03:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RIP Ultimate Warrior

As tweeted by Triple H:

Triple H ‏@TripleH 15m
Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters

Wow at this happening within 24 hours after his appearance on Raw, 48 hours after WM and 72 hours after the HoF induction...

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, it's real. JR and WWE PR have confirmed it.

Shocking. Sad. Horrible. After all these years to be welcomed back and clear his name...with two young children. I can't believe it.

RIP Warrior. Another childhood hero gone. Wrestling never forgets to be a fickle mistress.

[Edited on 4-9-2014 by S Kid J E T S 48]

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can't believe it. It's surreal. This has to be some horrible work. Right? Right?

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4370
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just heard about this, too... doesn't seem like it's another Warrior Death Hoax, either. That only happened -- what? -- three or four times back in the 90s.

There will be time to delve into the whys and hows later. But for now (and speaking purely for myself), this looks like April 8 just struck again... Cobain, my good friend Dave, and now, apparently, the man I cheered for at WrestleMania 6. D'oh.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
derfsucks
Fella

Posts 374
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Taylor, MI

Mood: phoenetical

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unbelievably eerie, considering his Warrior-Speak promo on RAW.

Nine Pound Hammer. Kinda like my genitals.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10701
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RIP, oh crazy one and king of batshit promos.

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

superstarcomedy
rOOkie

Posts 32
Registered 1-27-2014

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I mean I was just talking about him to an old wrestling promoter here in South Texas. crazy
Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1977
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Holy shit.

I hate speculating on things like this, but yeah, the combination of the timing, his speech on Raw and the out-of-nowhere suddenness of this give me a really sick feeling in my stomach.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12673
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Damn! I wonder if he even got home to his wife and kids before he passed. RIP Warrior

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
edytwinky
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 19
Registered 1-5-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Utter shock.

- Eddy B

sam795
Fella

Posts 254
Registered 7-10-2007

Mood: Fandastic

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm wondering if either he knew he was sick or maybe just had some kind of subliminal premonition. His speech at the HoF and especially his promo last night were oddly profound and reflective. I guess we'll know more in the coming days.

Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   sam795 's Aim   sam795 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10701
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 4-9-2014 at 04:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Normal people cannot understand......

quote:
No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend-makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back, I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever!

Yowzers.

Sam Is Neat
Fella

Posts 452
Registered 2-21-2013

Mood: Moody

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
Just heard about this, too... doesn't seem like it's another Warrior Death Hoax, either. That only happened -- what? -- three or four times back in the 90s.

There will be time to delve into the whys and hows later. But for now (and speaking purely for myself), this looks like April 8 just struck again... Cobain, my good friend Dave, and now, apparently, the man I cheered for at WrestleMania 6. D'oh.

Rick

Uhm, not to be too nitpicky, but April 8 the was NOT the day Kurt Cobain died. He died on April 5th.

As for Warrior, he seemed to have an extremely hard time walking on Monday, but other than that, he seemed healthy. Makes me think something ominous too. But let's be honest, the dude was 54 and a severe steroids abuser for many years. It may be less self-inflicted and more long term damage.

Either way, it is speculation until it can be confirmed as to how. Sad news, indeed.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3264
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ho. Lee. Fuhk.

Seriously. I haven't been this "shocked" since Eddie Guerrero passed away. I was marking out for last night's promo like mad, and... Man. The first thing I thought (when I realized this wasn't a sick, terribly late April Fools thing) was exactly the same as Cherokee Jack. The timing is just too.... Goddamn, I hope it's not that.

(I'm not -really- crying, but this is so sad & random that it's the only emote that fits. Damn.)

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

There's really no consolation when it comes to a family with two young children losing their father, but it seemingly wasn't suicide.

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 703
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought he seemed winded, was limping, and near the end had a really sad look on his face. I wonder if he knew there was something wrong, health wise? Truly a sad day, but at least he got some redemption with the WWE and was able to give the fans one last hurrah.

R.I.P. Jim "Warrior" Hellwig

[Edited on 4-9-2014 by G-Spot]

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3073
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unbelievable. I have no words - so eerie and tragic.
Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1977
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, as Skid said, it's hardly any consolation, but I am a bit relieved to find out it seemingly wasn't self-inflicted.

Regardless of the how though, still an incredibly sad day for the wrestling world. If there's one thing to be happy about, it's that at least he didn't go out the bitter, angry man he'd been for the last decade-plus and got his final moment in the sun.

Thanks, Warrior.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4370
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I realize my earlier post could be misconstrued, because of the "Class of April 8" that I mentioned... I swear, I did NOT mean to suggest a cause of death by lumping the guy in with two meaningful suicides in my own past.

I just meant to point out that, for me, April 8 fucking sucks. Now, it sucks worse.

Somebody just posted the TMZ report, and I just saw that myself. If I were to be a rumor-mongering ass, and suggest a cause of death, I probably would have said something that would jibe with that report. I mean, was I the only one who saw the HoF?

Nevermind. I'll say no more on it. I just wanted to clarify that I did NOT mean what, apparently, a few of you thought I meant. It didn't even occur to me as I was typing....

Rick

PS: And yeah, I know that coroner science adjusted the date of Cobain's death, but the news broke on April 8, and that's the day me and my friends freaked out and got super-wasted and everything.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10701
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To keep it on the sunny side, Jeb just posted a Warrior promo from YouTube on his Twitter that he described as being probably identical to what happens to the brain of someone reading a book written by Ron Paul.

[Edited on 4/9/2014 by Paddlefoot]

cardscott5
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1221
Registered 6-28-2007
Location wherever god takes me

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is absolutely stunning. I was 6 in 1988 when the Warrior was on his way to superstardom. Hogan vs Warrior at WM6 is one of my favorite matches for sentimental reasons. I had a Warrior backpack, I had that Warrior costume shirt that had the painted muscles shirt, I had the figures, that iconic poster, he was one of my all time favorites. It was surreal seeing him back and now he's gone forever. I'm glad he got his moment with his WWE family before he went away. Obviously thoughts to his family. Man. This one hurts.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3073
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 4-9-2014 at 05:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You've seen an old friend for the first time in twenty years, and he looks great and you have a grand time reminiscing over a couple beers. He looks the happiest you've ever seen him. You're so glad to have this friend back in your life, and the next day, you get a call that he died overnight. Hollywood couldn't have done this more tragically. And I'm not a big proponent of predestination, but Jesus.

Warrior wasn't my favorite, but he was the favorite for a lot of fans. Rest in peace.

Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 4-9-2014 at 06:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm aware of the whole "you know not the day nor the hour" thing, but holy crap. Taking photos in the airport with fans not 12 hours before you collapse and die? The Raw speech now looks like he truly was channeling some existential spirit. Doubly eerie considering how people were talking about "part of their childhood dying" when Taker lost Sunday. Now it happens in a far more literal sense. This is at least 3 different levels of spooky and 1 universal level of sad. Glad he got to mend fences and get one last hurrah.

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

mark markham
Showstopper

Posts 990
Registered 6-24-2003

Mood: 20% cooler

posted on 4-9-2014 at 06:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Shocking and sad...I'm glad he was able to have the induction and give one last crazy promo, but you can't help but to feel terrible with the timing of this thing. R.I.P. Warrior. I wish all the best to his family especially his young children.
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top