The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Poll: Should Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak Have Been Broken?
Yes 46 (0%) -»
No 42 (0%) -»
Mabey 24 (0%) -»
Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Should Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak Have Been Broken?
S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 4-7-2014 at 02:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Should Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak Have Been Broken?

RIDICULOUSLY EASY TOPIC ALERT!

S Kid J E T S 48 has attached this image:
Image could not be shown

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10974
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 4-7-2014 at 02:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mabey. Just not to that swollen-headed douche.

[Edited on 4/7/2014 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1702
Registered 11-11-2003

Mood: Oolitic

posted on 4-7-2014 at 03:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

Thread done in one.

Anyone but Barak Lesnar.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12827
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 4-7-2014 at 07:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The fact that people question it and hate is tells me that ending the streak to Brock was the best decision for them to make. I love it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
GordusMaximus
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1223
Registered 7-26-2006
Location Chicago

Mood: Happy.

posted on 4-7-2014 at 08:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
that guy looks like fat chris rock.

I remember Chris Benoit.

Www.facebook.com/thecurtaincall

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   GordusMaximus 's Aim   GordusMaximus 's Yahoo
First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4171
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 4-7-2014 at 09:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I loved it. Completely took us by suprise, created a moment that will immortalize WM30, and Lesnar as a part-timer no matter how much time he takes between appearances will always have permanent heat.

I still haven't recovered, it was incredible.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 4-7-2014 at 12:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can't wait for Brock to announce tonight (or, realistically, later this year) that he's going back full time...to the UFC. That will make it all worth it.
bopol
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1003
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-7-2014 at 12:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My guess is that this was Taker's call. He might have felt that even wrestling one match a year was too much anymore for his body and decided in training that this would have to be it.

The only way for it to be the end was to lose and break the streak.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

mark markham
Showstopper

Posts 990
Registered 6-24-2003

Mood: 20% cooler

posted on 4-7-2014 at 02:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My opinion on Taker losing to Lesnar is that Lesnar is a legitimate bad ass and whereas he really didn't NEED to win, it didn't make Taker look bad as a character and further Brock is old enough that it didn't just look like a young dude kicking an old man's arse. That being said, I had no doubt that Taker was winning, but I was thinking to myself, he looks so bad. I really thought the "magic" of the last few years was finally over and I was wondering how he would be able to hold on for three more years to make a nice 25-0 before retiring...I'm assuming Taker felt this way himself and decided that he wanted to quit before turning into another Flair.
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 4-7-2014 at 03:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have read that Brock was UT's choice to end the Streak all along. Undertaker looked old and slow. I hope Taker calls it quits. It was a good run, but for God sakes, don't overstay your welcome like Hogan or Flair.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

salmonjunkie

Posts 12827
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 4-7-2014 at 03:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also see it this way: Maybe Taker does feel like he has one or two more Wrestlemania matches left, but he doesn't want the streak involved. If he came back next year and had a match, no one could say "oh, he'll win anyway, big deal."

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10974
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 4-7-2014 at 04:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought the streak was kind of unique and that's why I would have preferred to see it continue for at least one more year. Like I mentioned a few times before, the streak was special enough that if it had to end it should have been against Cena. Like him or hate him, Cena's been carrying the water for WWE for years and has been (along with HHH) about the most dependable and reliable upper-tier performer they've ever had. If he had ended the streak next year or the year after it actually would have meant something. For it to happen with someone with as much baggage and clutter attached to him as Lesnar has just diminishes the whole thing. With not much of a build-up to the match at all, certainly not as much as the HBK/HHH's vs Taker received the last four years, it reduced the significance of it even further.

I'm really hoping that Taker is packing it in altogether fairly soon, with none of this "one more match" crap happening at all, because Mark Callaway's just too beat up to do it anymore. If it was his decision to end it this way then fine, because he's earned the right to choose it that way. If they did it just to boost Lesnar though, then it sucks, and all they did was take something special in the streak and toss it away on someone who neither needed nor deserved to get the rub from it. No offense to anyone who suggested it here, but the talk we had sometimes at OO that Ziggler/Bray/Reigns/etc should have ended the streak would be more satisfying than for Lesnar to do it. It would have been better to see it happen for one of those guys to do it than for someone like Lesnar who's been a dick about everything ever since he came on the scene. So, once again, hopefully it was Mark Callaway's choice to do it this way, and not just some stupid booking decision to give it to Lesnar. If Lesnar went stiff on Taker and he's leaving now with another legit injury because of it, then that just says even more about the character of the guy that ended the streak anyway. Even Orton wouldn't be enough of a self-serving cunt to hurt the guy even further on his final appearance in the business.

[Edited on 4/7/2014 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

salmonjunkie

Posts 12827
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 4-7-2014 at 05:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

salmonjunkie

Posts 12827
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 4-7-2014 at 05:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
See, anyone that beat him that would've been more "satisfying" like a well liked up and comer would have had the place end in cheers. Lesnar, who is both a heel (so casual fans dislike him) and a lot of folk on the IWC don't like him (for backstage related reasons) is the right guy to make the audience go in to stunned silence like that, and get these reactions like that. I think it lends more to the emotional moment of the scene than if he lost to a guy fans liked and IWC folks would have found satisfying. I guarantee you that if the Streak ended to Wyatt or Reigns, we would never have had anything close to that awesome reaction photo from the black dude with glasses up top.

And I truly believe that I was Taker's call to lose to Brock.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 4-7-2014 at 05:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There were reports of leaving the arena in tears after that match. Not children, mind you. Grown men and women. Also heard that several people in the arena became physically ill after the match and had to be treated by EMS.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 952
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 4-7-2014 at 05:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It was the right decision and the right person to do it. With money matches on the table for the next 2 years they don't even need to involve a belt for it to mean anything. Who's going to stop Brock...

The only scenario with Cena that I would have seen working involving the streak is one where Taker was busted up like he was last night and where the end game was Cena not having the heart to put him down and letting him win to continue the streak. Cena breaking the streak makes no sense in any universe.

Brock was really the only credible option on the planet.

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

firewoman
The Rowdy One

Posts 2048
Registered 2-17-2006
Location columbus, oh

Mood: witchy

posted on 4-7-2014 at 05:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

This. Except I don't see why he couldn't retire undefeated, on top of his game (4-5 years past or whatever.)

resident sorceress and necromancer in training.

[DevSop] god your sex life scares me

MHJ: "if it is kinky, depraved, erotic, or a fetish, you will find it"

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   firewoman 's Aim   firewoman 's Yahoo
salmonjunkie

Posts 12827
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 4-7-2014 at 05:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe he didn't want to.

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 4-7-2014 at 06:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Busted Open Radio on Sirius/XM just broke that Taker was hurt bad enough that Vince McMahon actually left with him to go to the hospital, missing the main event of Wrestlemania.

Completely changes how I see that match. So much toughness to still go through with it all when he must have been completely screwed up.

Ecosystem
The Rowdy One

Posts 2979
Registered 5-18-2004

Mood:

posted on 4-7-2014 at 06:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Have to say - my friends who no longer follow wrestling all heard that Undertaker lost. Watercooler talk.

...Though one thought it was to Batista.

CheMateo
Showstopper

Posts 922
Registered 1-9-2008
Location Charming, Ca.

Mood: Ponce De Leon

posted on 4-7-2014 at 06:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I loved it! I was not looking forward to this match since I thought the streak was a forgone conclusion. It was an awesome WrestleMania moment! The fans' reaction was priceless! I mean in this day and age to actually surprise fans is quite the accomplishment. My pallies and I got to witness a holy shite moment that we will fondly remember.

I think this whole backlash toward the streak being derailed is great. People are really getting so worked up over it. Twitter has been blowing up with people swearing off the WWE. Yeah, see you tonight.

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 4-7-2014 at 07:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like that he lost to Lesnar. It means for the next few years, you have a new "streak" to break. A new gimmick match (lesnar vs), and if he DID carry on you can have Taker vs up and comers with a bit more drama as they MAY beat him...

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 4-7-2014 at 07:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
I have read that Brock was UT's choice to end the Streak all along. Undertaker looked old and slow. I hope Taker calls it quits. It was a good run, but for God sakes, don't overstay your welcome like Hogan or Flair.

1. How on Earth is this known and able to get out ["rumor"-wise] when barely anyone even knew this was happening, even as it was happening?

2. If this was known for a while, why would they have ever had the guy who was going to beat the Wrestlemania streak lose both to John Cena in his first match back AND lose to HHH at the previous WM?

CreativeInternetAliass
The Rowdy One

Posts 2746
Registered 5-26-2010
Location north carolina

Mood: Williamaniac.

posted on 4-7-2014 at 07:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It wasn't known, so much as speculated that Taker had wanted to have brock end the streak back when he was still UFC champion, but after that loss that plan went out the window and Taker just started having matches with others.

you're a freak of nature Dougie, laws of nature do not apply to you (BC in chat on 7/02/12 describing why women think i'm sweet)

dev are you going to give me your address or do i have to check the registered sex offender data base (Firewoman trying to set up a three way meet on 03/20/2011)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 4-7-2014 at 07:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Based on that 10 second walk by?

[Edited on 4-7-2014 by S Kid J E T S 48]

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top