The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PPV DISCUSSION: WWE TLC 2013
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4412
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-15-2013 at 04:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PPV DISCUSSION: WWE TLC 2013

Per usual, when I update the main page for SD, I include the link to the forums for the PPV, and then remember, "Shit, I didn't actually start the PPV thread, yet." So here, now I'm doing it.

You will carry it on, with more predictions/previews, and then -- when the time comes on Sunday night -- the real time results and various critiques. And I thank you for it.

Here's the currently as-announced card:

JOHN CENA vs. RANDY ORTON (Unification Match under TLC Rules)
DANIEL BRYAN vs. THE WYATT FAMILY (1-on-3 Handicap Match)
CM PUNK vs. THE SHIELD (1-on-3 Handicap Match)
GOLDUST/CODY RHODES vs. MYSTERISHOW vs. RYBAXEL vs. CESWAGGIO (Tag Title)
BIG E LANGSTON vs. DAMIEN SANDOW (IC Title)
AJ LEE vs. NATALYA (Women's Title)
DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. FANDANGO (Free Preshow Match)

A TLC PPV with only the one TLC Match? Boo. At the very least, the Tag Title match would RULE if it was an Elimination Tables Match, in the style of the Attitude Era.

Obviously, all eyes on the Unification Match... I still retain my doubts that this will be a true, clear-cut unification, simply because it makes no f'n sense: something that could/should be a HUGE deal (especially with Cena getting good early results on rehabbing the WHT on SD), and WWE spazzes out and pulls it randomly, out of left field, so that it only gets a 3 week build-up that satisfies NO ONE (as seen by fan response, especially during the "go home" Ascension Ceremony on Monday).

It leads on, logically, to look for that cheap "out," no matter how hard HHH has sold us on this being a for-sure, real-deal unification match where one man will hold both titles.

The other option is that WWE really responded to stagnant fall ratings/upcoming TV rights negotiations with left field stunt booking that may or may not yield the desired short term results (while almost certainly foregoing the best long term results).

I'll say this, though: neither of those two options is particularly appealing, yet somehow, the ambiguity and uncertainty is delicious. I kind of HAVE to buy the PPV, anyway, but even if I didn't, I might let this sense of "I dunno what the hell is gonna happen" get the better of me and order it, anyway.

On the upside, there are cheap "non-finishes" that the crowd would actually eat up and get people talking in a good way. This is the opposite of the series of crap finishes WWE pulled all autumn, which just antagonized the audience. But tomorrow at TLC, there are a lot of "outs" that will keep the title UNunified, but which will set the live crowd (and the intarwebs) on fire.

Mostly, I am suggesting:

(1) Anything involving Daniel Bryan (and, to a lesser extent, CM Punk) tainting the "corporate" viewing experience

But also:

(2) Any big schmozz that loops other guys into the title picture (based on the overall idea that HHH whiffed when he said -- in no uncertain terms -- that NOW is the time for unification because only Orton and Cena are "worthy), causing the match to end with a "revolt" that involves 20 or so dudes (led by Bryan/Punk/Show/Rey/obvious guys from Monday's ceremony. bit expanding to include the Shield, Goldust/Cody, and others).

My goal here is to kick the can down the road so that HHH has no choice but to vacate both titles and declare that the the First Champion of Champions will be the winner of the 2014 Royal Rumble. It goes against his "only Cena and Orton are worthy" schtick, but in this scenario, he'll be driven crazy to the point that he even enters the Rumble himself (also: said rhetoric is so, so stupid and so opposite of how fans actually feel).

Then, instead of the stale-as-shit Orton/Cena unification match (they've fought in 17 PPV matches since 2006!) that has 3 weeks of build up and nobody really likes, you get the 2014 Rumble where 30 different guys can win the title after 2 months of build. I'm not promising it'd be as good as 1993, but it'd sure as shit come close and be better than Cena/Orton.

[I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't placate the wankers by mentioning that AJ Styles -- still plausibly in possession of the TNA Title -- is a free agent as of midnight on Saturday night, and could throw a wrench into the plans of anyone who wants to unify all the world titles. If only they considered the TNA Title a "world" title, when it's split 10 years as the Nashville Title and the Orlando Title. And since NXT moved, it's not even the flagship title of Orlando. But still... the coincidental timing of AJ's free agency bears discussing.]

So I guess OO's pick is: no Unification. But if unification happens, I think all signs point to Orton winning, and then Cena chasing.

The rest....

The pair of handicap matches are curious, as WWE usually goes out of its way to NOT tell the same story twice at the same show, and yet, here we are.... I have no feel for what the end game(s) is/are here, but I think there's a good chance that the reason we're getting two similar matches is because these may meld into one big 6-on-2 (or more-on-2) story, rather than being as simple as the two 3-on-1 stories. And that could get interesting, for several reasons (including the idea that the Authority are behind the Wyatts and the Shield's attacks, and the possibility that Wyatts vs. Shield could spin off of this come April).

Can't see Goldust/Cody not retaining. Also: can't see it not being a really really fun match.

AJ over Nattie, because duh.

Langston/Sandow is really interesting.... it's two guys I really like, and it feels like a return to the days with the IC Title was fought over by guys who both seemed 12 months away from world titles... but I'm not sure how they'll mesh, or if it'll go over well. Fingers crossed.

I shouldn't need to tell you this, but just in case you missed it: Alberto del Rio suffered a concussion on Monday. The plan had been for him and Sin Cara to have a match on the PPV, and if del Rio is cleared, that'll still happen. But if he's not, they may simmer the issue in the form of a promo/angle, or just they might just throw in a whole other match (a show case for the Usos, a comedy match, there are lots of options).

I believe that is all. Your turn, kids....

Rick

[Edited on 12-15-2013 by OORick]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Anthony
Fella

Posts 497
Registered 7-10-2009

Mood: Knee-y

posted on 12-15-2013 at 05:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I really want to call this one but for some reason I literally cannot predict a single outcome. As insane as it seems, these are all toss-ups for me.

Although I will say the mark in me wants Cena to win. Not because "yay Cena" but because "yay Cena promised a rematch with Daniel Bryan." Though the odds of Bryan even getting said opportunity with no string attached AND winning are pretty damn abysmal.

I can predict, however, that Show/Mysterio will not be winning the tag titles.

That's all I got.

[TheGuest] That's great, they kick Khali all over his torso and head and what does he sell? His knee.
[Dougie 2.0] Khalis kneebone is connected to his headbone
[Tommy D] Same way Welker hurt his knee.
[Sportsguy] Welker was jumped by the Nexus?
[Tommy D] yes they were so quick you couldn't even see them
[BC] you can't see me?

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2013 at 07:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ziggler, AJ (It's not time yet), Langston.

Okay, not to the important ones.

4-way tag match: I think the time has come for the Real Americans to win the tag titles. I don't think it means the break up of the Rhodes (this is the best stretch of Cody's career and I think you have to keep him hot until the next MITB), but maybe a return to the times of Steiners/Money Inc/Quebecers where the titles move a bit between a few teams (Usos as the 3rd).

[Also, Rybaxel sounds like the illegal drug that Lucky got busted for selling]

Bryan vs. Wyatts - Most times you figure this is the interlude before Bryan vs. Bray, but I think this actually is just something to keep Bryan busy until the Royal Rumble. DB wins...which is a shame because this should have been a big rub for Bray coming off a ton of great promos...but instead will be a 3 on 1 loss.

Punk vs. Shield - A Shield breakup seems a bit too obvious...and with the Royal Rumble coming up, there's a much better situation to do it.

And this just smells like one of those times the WWE sticks one to Punk.

So I'll say Reigns spears Punk and Ambrose steals the pin, followed by Reigns knocking out Ambrose at RR finally causing the split.

Unification Match: Approximately 18 seconds after they announced the TLC match, I came on here and predicted a title switch, because I've never believed they would, nor that it is the right decision to unify the belts.

But I've also been throwing out the ridiculous idea of Sheamus replacing Orton as the "Face of the Company" for months and even with it seeming like they're just screwing with Cena, I think there have been enough hints that the Authority is moving on with a plan B, whether its being aligned with Cena (and him agreeing or not with it) or to someone else.

A common theme for the past few weeks has been Orton as HHH's "Chosen One", but also that it has been 10 years of him not living up to potential.

So why not use who everyone thought as HHH's next project from a few years ago as his "better face of the company"?

I have no idea how it gets that point, but I think somehow Sheamus walks out champion tomorrow. Maybe Punk stops the Shield from interfering and HHH's Plan B is a sudden match after the Unification...who knows. But I think even screwy finish like that won't be hated like the last few PPVs have ended.

[That or as someone in the Every Ending thread said, Cena walks out champion, The End.]

But officially starting the Road To Wrestlemania, I think after tonight we are heading towards:

Sheamus vs. Bryan Unified Title
Undertaker vs. Brock
Cena, Reigns, and Hogan vs. Orton, Ambrose, and Rollins
Punk vs. HHH

None of this will occur.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7703
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2013 at 07:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My picks:

John Cena vs Randy Orton: This is the first PPV main event the WWE has done in a long time where I have zero idea what's going to happen. I could see Cena winning. I could see Orton winning. I could see a third party coming out and winning. I could see Cena and Orton switching titles and no unification occurring at all. Looking at it logically, I'd say that the odds being stacked against Orton this past week means he's going to win. But at the same time, it seems even the WWE would realize that everyone would shit on Orton winning "the biggest WWE match in history" and seeing him get a third PPV main event victory in a row. And while there could be some screwy finish where the titles don't get unified, will the WWE once again not deliver on something they're guaranteeing? So...I dunno. I guess I'm going with Cena getting the win due to help from the Authority (though not being aware of it). But outside of say, Sting and the Undertaker lowering from the rafters and each grabbing a title, I don't think any ending will shock me.

CM Punk vs The Shield: I really like S Kid's idea of Ambrose stealing the pin after Reigns hits a spear on Punk and think that's halfway plausible. But I'll go a slightly different route: Reigns has the match won, only for Ambrose to demand he get to hit his finisher on Punk to end things, which leads to Punk rolling up Ambrose for the win (and causing the first major rift in the Shield).

Daniel Bryan vs The Wyatts: This one is tough to call, but I'm going to predict something kind of random: Bray doesn't actually participate in the match, instead watching from his rocking chair. Bryan pulls off the unlikely win against Harper and Rowan, which sets up Bryan/Bray one on one at the Rumble or the first RAW of the new year.

Big E Langston vs Damien Sandow: Even though this feud hasn't been going on for too long, I feel like this is the best IC title feud the WWE has done in ages. You've got two up and coming guys making the IC title feel fairly significant again and I almost get a "Rock/Triple H circa 1998" vibe between these two, in that we may be seeing two future main-eventers feuding over the IC belt. With that said, Sandow doesn't stand a chance this time around, so Langston wins, but I think the feud continues.

Fatal 4-Way Tag Match: I don't see the WWE pulling the plug on Team Rhodes just yet, so I'll pick them to get the win.

AJ vs Natalya: Seeing as how everyone loves Total Divas (right?), I'll say Natalya picks up the title here.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

cardscott5
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1221
Registered 6-28-2007
Location wherever god takes me

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2013 at 07:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The TLC match has a ton of scenarios, nearly of all which seem a little disappointing in a way, but god damn if it hasn't been incredibly interesting to read, talk and think about. Especially with how Raw ended with all hell breaking loose. Cena could win, Orton could win, both could win, I have no idea what will happen.

I think the tag line for this ppv could be TLC: No one knows what's going to happen, but everyone will think it sucks at 10:55.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7452
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-15-2013 at 01:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you wanted any more confusion as to whether or not the Shield splinters tonight, WWE.com has rotating advertisements for all of its matches advertised tonight (or actually just Cena/Orton and Punk/Shield). But Punk/Shield has a stipulation to it I did not see for Bryan/Wyatts: elimination handicap match. That makes it almost a given that miscommunication is going to remove one of the three from the match, and probably just as much of a given that said miscommunication causes the eliminated member to angrily distract another member to allow Punk to capitalize.

Also, after seeing the main event angle on Smackdown, I'd say it's also probably a lock that Orton gets the title after Triple H interference.

Wyatts/Bryan probably gets the non-finish, because the longer WWE drags this on, the more they think they can silence the Bryan chants in the main event, so long as they placate the fans with something else.

Langston/Sandow is most likely a Langston showcase, and Sandow probably has another year of toiling before they pull the trigger on him being a main event guy (if they do at all).

Tag match should be the Rhodes, but with how much the Real Americans are catching on, I could just as easily see them giving the titles to Mysterishow because it isn't at all what the fans want.

And I'd say I have a huge worry AJ's losing tonight, but AJ losing the title to a Total Diva is going to happen. That's who they're building up for the Diva's division, and that show will be what they use for building feuds for it. It gets to the point of taking the lesser of seven evils: if Natalya doesn't win it, it means they think what's her face the red head that everyone hates is their choice because, you know, being hated on a fake reality TV show is doing a good job at being a heel.

Also, Fandango/Ziggler will happen. Probably.

Caesar guy
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 94
Registered 1-19-2011
Location MS

Mood: happy to be alive

posted on 12-15-2013 at 02:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Could also have a bunch of ex-world champs come down and interfere since they were not a part of the ascension ceremony, feeling shorted by the non invite. Rob Van Dam, Brock Lesnar, JBL, Sheamus, Christian, Undertaker(probably not), Ric Flair, Bob Backlund, Sting???, even AJ Styles, etc...Add the guys that were there for the ceremony and HHH has no choice but to announce a non winner and use the Rumble as the deciding factor as noted before. HHH announces that anyone that was a former champion can compete in the Rumble to decide the 'best of the best'. This way you can get your surprise entries too like Rock, Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner, Iron Sheik, etc...guys that will not win but will get the crowd reaction to make it a fun event.
Sam Is Neat
Fella

Posts 452
Registered 2-21-2013

Mood: Moody

posted on 12-15-2013 at 03:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caesar guy
Could also have a bunch of ex-world champs come down and interfere since they were not a part of the ascension ceremony, feeling shorted by the non invite. Rob Van Dam, Brock Lesnar, JBL, Sheamus, Christian, Undertaker(probably not), Ric Flair, Bob Backlund, Sting???, even AJ Styles, etc...Add the guys that were there for the ceremony and HHH has no choice but to announce a non winner and use the Rumble as the deciding factor as noted before. HHH announces that anyone that was a former champion can compete in the Rumble to decide the 'best of the best'. This way you can get your surprise entries too like Rock, Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner, Iron Sheik, etc...guys that will not win but will get the crowd reaction to make it a fun event.

But...Christian WAS there...

Wanderer
rOOkie

Posts 43
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2013 at 04:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iron Sheik would not be a good idea for a surprise entrant, simply because he can't be thrown over the top rope. Isn't that why he won the gimmick battle royal a few years ago?
Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 12-15-2013 at 04:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anyone think the Rumble would be a good spot for Hogan to show up if he was going to do one last hurrah in WWE? And would he allow anyone besides, say, Cena to eliminate him?

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3088
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 12-15-2013 at 05:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cena/Orton - I've got a feeling that Cena's winning clean, and he'll be your Superman champ again. That's the easiest and least interesting way to do it, and that's what WWE likes doing the most.

Bryan vs. Wyatts - Wyatts win. Bryan losing to three guys doesn't hurt him, but if he won, it might derail Bray a little. It makes sense for Bryan to take the loss here, in terms of the booking.

Punk vs. Shield - now that the match is elimination, Punk wins. Guaranteed. Shenanigans will cause one of the Shield to eliminate the other, accidentally or not. We all assume Ambrose will cost Reigns, but it might be the opposite and Ambrose goes apeshit. Also, Rollins has been totally forgotten, and it'd be cool if he went rogue.

Langston vs. Sandow - Langston wins. I like both guys, but I'm not terribly interested in this feud for whatever reason.

Fatal 4 Way - don't have the first clue. I'd be fine with two of these teams winning, honestly. Rhodes/Goldust have been awesome champs, but I'd love to see the Real Americans get the duke, too. Show/Mysterio might get it based on their status. Rybaxel is the worst choice for obvious reasons - Usos should have taken their spot, but that'd be too many faces in the match.

AJ/Natalya - I like Nattie, but AJ's a different level of amazing. No reason for her to drop other than ccharger's favorite show.

Ziggler/Fandango - Fandango wins, because WWE hates Dolph Ziggler. Also, since Dolph's basically enhancement talent now, Fandango is one of those guys who could use the rub, and Summer Rae is hot.

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2013 at 05:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dominator
Anyone think the Rumble would be a good spot for Hogan to show up if he was going to do one last hurrah in WWE? And would he allow anyone besides, say, Cena to eliminate him?

I don't even mean this as a joke, but I don't even know if Hogan can fall straight from standing position to the mat without re-breaking his hip at this point, let alone go over the top rope.

But under the possibility of a unification Rumble ahead of us...I mean...they have to let Flair be in it, right? Can't have another WWE Title Rumble without the guy who won it in 1992, even retired and drunk as he may be?

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8319
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 12-15-2013 at 06:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'll say Natalya wins tonight, especially if there's any truth to this report.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AJ Lee reportedly has heat on her with WWE officials after she allegedly caused a scene at the Tribute to the Troops show in Washington. According to the report, AJ saw NBC personality Michelle Beadle, who was hosting, speaking with CM Punk backstage and lost it. Lee apparently delivered an "obscenity-laced tirade" at her.

As the report goes, several people in the company were embarrassed and upset that Lee was "coming off like her character in real life, and not in a good way." It is believed that she will be disciplined

There's a few other embedded tweets and stuff in the link, but that's the basic story.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 12-15-2013 at 07:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This Beadle/Punk angle has really been dragging on forever.

Was going to order this show but have to travel for work. Poop. Now I have to avoid all social media until I can get the encore.

And I'm only buying for the unification, I the hope that something unexpected happens, which means I'll be disappointed.

Also, I think it's inexcusable to have only one gimmick match at this PPV, but obviously they can't risk someone else up staging the main event.

[Edited on 12/15/2013 by theflammablemanimal]

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4412
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-15-2013 at 08:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As expected, WWE's added another (non-del-Rio) match to fill out the PPV card. It'll be a real barnburner.... wait for it... wait for it... wait... for... it...

The Dancing Fat Men vs. R-Truth/Eggsavier Woods

NOW you want to slap down your $55, don't you?

Also, Chris Jericho (the first-ever Unified Champion who has been suspiciously Not Ever Mentioned Once) has engaged Twitter Troll-y Mode, distributing tweets where he says he's on his way to Houston. Or no, he's just joking. Or wait, is he?

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Caesar guy
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 94
Registered 1-19-2011
Location MS

Mood: happy to be alive

posted on 12-15-2013 at 09:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Forgot Christian was in the mix and even worse, forgot to include Chris Jericho in my former champs line. Guess I am not the fan I used to be or am just not as interested in it as I should be. Also forgot Kevin Nash and he is from downriver Michigan like me. Sorry Aquinas High School in Southgate for that!
They could probably include some old WCW guys too to have more fun with it. Diamond Dallas Page and David Arquette come to mind.

Kill me now!

Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 12-15-2013 at 09:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theflammablemanimal
This Beadle/Punk angle has really been dragging on forever.

I'm now more interested in this Beadle/AJ angle. There's clearly some sexual tension between the two and they just need to get together and get it taken care of... and provide me with the video evidence.

Y'know, just as proof for Dr. Shelby.

What? It's the next stage after Hug It Out.

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

Jazzman
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1167
Registered 3-10-2003
Location Worldwide

Mood: About to change

posted on 12-16-2013 at 01:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anyone watching tonight? The Monday promo *ALMOST* got me to buy but I ultimately declined.
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7906
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-16-2013 at 01:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Punk wins. Not a big fan of how little the Shield actually did.

EDT: AJ wins in a good match. And no, not good for the Divas, but regular, that was a good wrestling match good.

[Edited on 12-16-2013 by bigfatgoalie]

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-16-2013 at 01:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glad they didn't do something stupid and put the belt on boring, declining Natalya.

Shield breakup is on the move. Looks like they'll be able to stretch it to RR though.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3280
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 12-16-2013 at 02:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
GOLDUSTCANRANA???? Holy crap. He's really serious about this "rehab my wrestling career-image" thing, isn't he??? Wow. He's even MORE my-favorite-wrestler-ever now.
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7703
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-16-2013 at 03:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And the Internet explodes in 3...2...1...

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

S Kid J E T S 48
The Immortal One

Posts 4117
Registered 10-12-2007
Location New York

Mood:

posted on 12-16-2013 at 03:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Remember last year when we were all excited after a great PPV heading into the new year with big wins for the Shield and Dolph Ziggler?

Opposite feeling now.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7906
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-16-2013 at 03:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bryan is a face.

Punk is a face.

Cena is a face.

Those are the 3 guys most likely to be in the Mania title match.

So Orton winning is not surprising. I'm not saying it's the best possible situation, but it's not surprising.

And the PPV was good. Outside of R-Truth and Brodus earning boring chants, and Miz and Kofi being Miz and Kofi, the matches were all good.

And Goldust is freaking awesome.

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 951
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 12-16-2013 at 03:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The TLC was alright, I guess. The ending - while I don't like it - makes sense. I just think that for such a big moment that it would be a big match. Instead that could ME any given Raw and we'd be okay with it but not overly inspired.

Orton is way too soft to work a match like that and so it was pretty flat for me. Handcuffs and the ropes was gimmicky and too clever. Matches like this don't need clever - just intensity.

Maybe I rate the match a 4/10

The tag match was better. Bryan was way better. Hell, AJ-Nattie was at least a 6.

So pretty much a fail for creating a memorable moment.

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top