The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Wolf Among Us
Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005
Location Glasgow, Scotland

Mood: Scottish

posted on 10-31-2013 at 04:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Wolf Among Us

Just played the first chapter and it's really good. Good, interesting story so far, nice range of choices, and as a fan of the comic I find they did a good job with making the characters faithful, and they cast their voice actors well. The way combat and action works makes sense, though I do feel it's been designed more with a mouse in mind that a control pad, since it'd be easier to move the cursor in those time intensive moments during fights with the former. Also, it's a little annoying how there's a timer on most of the dialogue choices, which can lead to rushing your pick. Speaking of which, I never played Telltale's Walking Dead series...is it normal to feel like you fuck up a lot? I'm just paranoid I'm not doing as well as I could, though it just be a pacing thing with how it's a 5 part series.

"WWE's like Sable's f***y: it's not been any good since 1998, and it's been fucked by Vince McMahon"-Billy Kirkwood

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8319
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 10-31-2013 at 05:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I keep meaning to pick this one up. I know nothing about the comic, but knowing it's made by Telltale is enough. And Stu-- you should really get the Walking Dead. You could probably get all five episodes cheap in a bundle... and it's really, really good.

There's not really a whole lot you can fuck up in it. It does have the same timed responses you mentioned this game having, but mostly your choices affect things like which characters like you. There are a few parts where you have to decide who to save/who to let die between two characters, but really has no bearing on the main story outcome.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005

posted on 10-31-2013 at 06:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You don't need to know anything about the comic because it's a prequel, and in fact, you'd probably get more out of the story not knowing what the future is of certain characters and not be as affected in the choices you make.

"WWE's like Sable's f***y: it's not been any good since 1998, and it's been fucked by Vince McMahon"-Billy Kirkwood

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12752
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-31-2013 at 07:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I loved the Walking Dead game and am looking forward to this one. I'm a fan of both comics, although the Walking Dead game, while set in the same universe, follows a different set of characters than in the comics (outside of a few fun cameos).

And yes, it is normal to feel like you're fucking up in dialogue choices in Walking Dead (and there's also a timer in the Walking Dead game for those), but for the most part, you're not fucking up unless you die. Some of the choices you make don't come to fruition until much later, but it doesn't prevent you from finishing the game. Mostly it changes how characters react to you.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7452
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-25-2013 at 08:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I, too, loved the Walking Dead games (even though I'm one of the six people on the planet who has yet to watch the show). So when they said this was made by the same people, despite me not knowing anything about the source material, I was interested in picking it up.

I was also a big fan of X-Box Live Gold providing me with the first episode of Walking Dead for free to get me sucked in towards the end of last year, so I took a gamble and figured they would do it with this. Sure enough, they did. On top of that, today only they have the Season Pass on-sale for $10.04 (thanks a lot nerds who hated Microsoft Points).

In short, no excuse to not download Episode One on X-Box if you haven't already between now and the end of the year.

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005

posted on 2-8-2014 at 11:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well episode 2 came this week, and it was another great one. I felt I did a lot better this time round with my choices...but now I'm paranoid that I was MEANT to feel like that and I'm being set up. DAMN YOU, TELLTALE! I love how it's introducing and using characters the comic hasn't ever touched on before, and are fairly recognisable too.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2495
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 2-9-2014 at 02:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I really want to play this game, but I want to wait for it all to come out at once, like TWD's first "season"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top