The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rumor Crap - Reports From The Durt Sheetz
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 10-10-2013 at 05:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rumor Crap - Reports From The Durt Sheetz

OK, so first a disclaimer:

Take all of this with a grain of salt. I used to wrestle on the indies with a guy who at one point was a mid-carder for the WWE and still has contacts backstage. We chatted recently and he filled me on some backstage rumors and stuff. I don't know if any of this is real. When wrestlers talk to you, you should just assume your are being worked because everyone is a mark in their minds. Also, his info is coming to him second and third hand and we all know how the game of telephone works. Nevertheless, I thought what he revealed was interesting.

* Michael "P.S." Hayes was suspended indefinitely by the WWE after he offered Rosa Mendes alcohol fresh off her stint in rehab. Brian "Road Dogg" James has filled in for Hayes and has impressed everyone with his work ethic and fresh ideas. Everyone like James because he is easy-going and professional, whereas Hayes was a racist, homophobic, redneck, old-school bully who was stoned half the time. Hayes was also perceived as one of Vince's "stooges" by the roster, and James is more of a "HHH guy" which in the eyes of the roster is a good thing.

*Dusty Rhodes is in hot water after his promo with Stephanie a few weeks back. He kept going off script and even put his hand in Steph's face which I guess is a huge no-no. She was livid after the segment.

* No one in WWE creative believes that the Rock, Goldberg, Austin, Sting, Warrior or Hogan will be in a WWE ring any time soon. All Rumble and WrestleMania brainstorming is being done with the belief that none of those guys (who have been rumored recently) will be there.

* There is a belief by Stamford that Bryan's popularity is not sustainable over the long term and he is seen as more of a "flash in the pan". That is why the WWE is reluctant to put the belt on him and get behind him completely as champion. The WWE believes their best full-time moneymakers are Cena, Punk, Orton, Ryback and Sheamus in that order.

*Bryan is reportedly upset about Shawn Michaels saying he trained him. Bryan attended Michael's school, but was never once trained personally by Michaels. He feels Michaels took his money and then left others to do the training. Privately, Bryan feels the man who taught him the most about the business was William Regal while he was in WWE developmental.

*Vince is the only person in the WWE that doesn't think Dolph Ziggler is a draw. Unfortunately, his is the only opinion that matters. However, there are a lot of people who feel that Cesaro is not a draw. The powers that be just do not see him as a main event star.

*There are a lot of people backstage that believe that CM Punk will only wrestle full-time for another year and then he will be a part-time guy like Jericho and RVD. Punk has told people privately he feels burnt out and his heart isn't in it like it used to be.

*Expect Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania.

*Despite sagging ratings and whatnot, morale is very high in the locker room and a lot guys believe the business is heading toward a new "golden age" ala The Attitude Era and Hulkamania.

[Edited on 10-16-2013 by CCharger]

[Edited on 10-16-2013 by CCharger]

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8887
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 10-10-2013 at 05:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
The WWE believes their best full-time moneymakers are Cena, Punk, Orton, Ryback and Sheamus in that order.

Ryback is on that list. Ryback.

Don't Mess With Texas

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3946
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 10-10-2013 at 06:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wonder if we should read that WWE as Vince....

ETA: Ooops I typed WWF

[Edited on 10-10-2013 by OOMike]

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4029
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 10-10-2013 at 06:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We keep hearing these rumors that WWE sees Ryback as a moneymaker but the booking doesn't reflect this. He was unceresmoniously taken off the top guys vs Shield feud on the road to WM to insert Orton while he faced Henry in a forgettable filler match. He was Cena's designated filler feud and they made no attempt at keeping him strong. Followed by a pointless feud with Jericho, then the weeks doing jack shit and doing nothing in the second biggest show of the year and now being used as a bit player to keep the Heyman/Punk feud going.

Do they see him as a future gold mine who's still developing and a year from now is when they'll really start treating him as one of their huge stars?

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12662
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 10-10-2013 at 07:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

*Bryan is reportedly upset about Shawn Michaels saying he trained him. Bryan attended Michael's school, but was never once trained personally by Michaels. He feels Michaels took his money and then left others to do the training. Privately, Bryan feels the man who taught him the most about the business was William Regal while he was in WWE developmental.

I'm not surprised at this. I remember when CM Punk commentated a DB match (maybe it was on NXT), someone on commentary mentioned Bryan being a student of Shawn Michaels and Punk said that all Shawn Michaels did was take his money and did nothing. Punk also mentioned that Regal was the guy who taught him everything. I think Bryan has mentioned many times that Regal was his biggest mentor.

On the flipside, he said this recently here:
http://www.sescoops.com/daniel-bryan-speaks-on-his-relationship-with-cm-punk-summerslam-training-with-hbk/84411
quote:
On his pro wrestling training: “I ended up training with Shawn Michaels. He’s the best. I left the night I graduated from high school, drove to Texas and trained with Shawn for a year. When I look back, I was so poor – I mean living on 20 dollars a month for groceries. I couldn’t fathom that now. It was tough but it was a lot of fun.”

Speaking of Regal and Bryan - I will always love the rib Bryan played on Regal before their match in England (:30 mark) (at least, I heard it was DB who had production do it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyQVYSSTtrw

[Edited on 10-10-2013 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1697
Registered 11-11-2003

Mood: Oolitic

posted on 10-10-2013 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
* Michael "P.S." Hayes was suspended indefinitely by the WWE after he offered Rosa Mendes alcohol fresh off her stint in rehab. Brian "Road Dogg" James has filled in for Hayes and has impressed everyone with his work ethic and fresh ideas.

Good. Hayes is a jerk. I thought I'd seen Road Dogg in a few back stage shots lately working as an agent.

quote:
* There is a belief by Stamford that Bryan's popularity is not sustainable over the long term and he is seen as more of a "flash in the pan". That is why the WWE is reluctant to put the belt on him and get behind him completely as champion.

I'm a fan of Bryan, but I do think it's more entertaining for him to be chasing the title and/or getting screwed out of it than holding it for an extended run.

quote:

I've heard they've wanted to do some kind of program against each other to cap off Goldy's career for quite a while now. Hopefully nobody will screw it up.

Dominator
Dominated by my love for Randy Orton

Posts 1686
Registered 7-5-2007
Location Florida

Mood: RKOFree Since 4/9/13

posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
* Michael "P.S." Hayes was suspended indefinitely by the WWE after he offered Rosa Mendes alcohol fresh off her stint in rehab. Brian "Road Dogg" James has filled in for Hayes and has impressed everyone with his work ethic and fresh ideas. Everyone like James because he is easy-going and professional, whereas Hayes was a racist, homophobic, redneck, old-school bully who was stoned half the time. Hayes was also perceived as one of Vince's "stooges" by the roster, and James is more of a "HHH guy" which in the eyes of the roster is a good thing.
When I was watching everyone come in my hotel in Cincinnati, he was the only guy who INSTANTLY didn't sign autographs or pose for pictures when asked. He did do them eventually, but went and did some other stuff first. Everyone else treated the fans' request as the most important thing. Again, Hayes wasn't a dick, but he was different.
*Dusty Rhodes is in hot water after his promo with Stephanie a few weeks back. He kept going off script and even put his hand in Steph's face which I guess is a huge no-no. She was livid after the segment.
I thought Dusty had some issues during that promo because he was trying to stay ON script, as if Steph was giving him different cues than what had been practiced. As far as the hand in the face thing, that was the best part of that promo, not just because of the emotion it generated with the fans, but because of Steph's visceral reaction to it (kayfabe or not).
* No one in WWE creative believes that the Rock, Goldberg, Austin, Sting, Warrior or Hogan will be in a WWE ring any time soon. All Rumble and WrestleMania brainstorming is being done with the belief that none of those guys (who have been rumored recently) will be there.
Sting would be the only one of those guys who, at this point, would actually mean something, in my opinion.
* There is a belief by Stamford that Bryan's popularity is not sustainable over the long term and he is seen as more of a "flash in the pan". That is why the WWE is reluctant to put the belt on him and get behind him completely as champion. The WWE believes their best full-time moneymakers are Cena, Punk, Orton, Ryback and Sheamus in that order.
They could not be more wrong. YES! is going to be around long after Bryan is gone, the same way WHAT?! is still around now even though Austin hasn't wrestled in a decade.
Seem to be conflicting reports about this, but the best way to do this would be to play it out as part of the kayfabe. If Shawn in fact did very little, painting him as part of the StepHHH conspiracy adds to the story.
*Vince is the only person in the WWE that doesn't think Dolph Ziggler is a draw. Unfortunately, his is the only opinion that matters. However, there are a lot of people who feel that Cesaro is not a draw. The powers that be just do not see him as a main event star.
Cesaro is approaching Benoit status in that he can do anything in the ring and have a great match with anyone, but his mic skills find no reasonance with the fans with no real promise of ever doing so. Vince is completely wrong about Ziggler, but Dolph is directionless right now within the traditional face/heel dynamic... and that's just as much Dolph's fault as Vince's.
*There are a lot of people backstage that believe that CM Punk will only wrestle full-time for another year and then he will be a part-time guy like Jericho and RVD. Punk has told people privately he feels burnt out and his heart isn't in it like it used to be.
Give him the title again and tell him to run with the ball again and you'll see how burnt out he's not.
The only way I could get behind this is if Goldust channels Santino and sneaks into a WHC win at Elimination Chamber. The family angle isn't enough to sustain this feud all the way to April. We've seen how WWE can drop the ball by stringing out an angle to long (read as current WWE Title picture).
*Despite sagging ratings and whatnot, morale is very high in the locker room and a lot guys believe the business is heading toward a new "golden age" ala The Attitude Era and Hulkamania.
This is possible, but it's not as close as they might think. The reason is great eras are made by great heels. Hulkamania had Sheik, Orndorff, Piper, Bundy, Andre, Dibiase, Savage, Flair. Attitude Era had HBK, Hitman, Austin, Vince, Rock, HHH, Foley, and almost all of them weren't just great as heels, all were able to transition back and forth from face to heel. Right now, WWE has trouble establishing face or heel for some of their top talent, let alone finding guys who can do both. Most people tune in to wrestling because there's someone whose ass they want to see get kicked. And right now, I'd say that only one of the top four on WWE TV is a full time wrestler (Orton), and he's probably fourth behind HHH, Heyman, and Steph.

[Edited on 10-10-2013 by Dominator]

I do NOT love RKO, you sarcastic bastards.
"There are no politics in WWE." - Stephanie McMahon
"BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!" - Me

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8293
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 10-10-2013 at 10:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

I believe it. It seemed like it took her by surprise when he did it, and she looked mad as she slapped his hand away. I get the feeling she doesn't like it when people try to ad lib, like Dusty was doing. When they had that promo a few weeks ago, and Dusty tried to go off on a tangent saying, "hey, you have three kids, what if someone asked you to choose only one of them?," you could tell she was trying to interrupt him to get him back on script.

She should just get the fuck over herself. Maybe she doesn't like it when someone else shows her up.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 10-10-2013 at 11:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

What a fucking prick. Why are they suspending him? Fire him.

quote:

What Punker said, basically. Dusty's an old school guy who probably never had to worry about memorizing lines, so he probably forgot his lines and tried to wing it, and Steph freaked out because ad-libbing is not her strong suit. Also, I like that of all of the crazy shit she's subjected herself to over the years (eating Pedigrees, Stunners, middle-rope DDTs, whatever), a hand to the face is just way too far over the line. Jesus Christ.

quote:

Have those guys been rumored recently? Rock, Austin, and Sting I've heard, but not the other three, at least in any wrestling capacity. I think of those six guys, Rock is really the only one I realistically expect to ever see wrestle a match again.

quote:

This sounds sketchy, because I don't think Ryback has drawn a dime since they turned him heel and they have to know that. If this report was from this time last year I'd totally buy it, but I don't think even WWE is insane enough at this point to seriously believe Ryback is any kind of draw, much less a bigger draw than Bryan.

quote:

Sounds about right.

quote:

Given the way Ziggler's been booked, this sounds right. I think the rumored Cesaro face turn is going to be his last chance to prove to them that he's money.

quote:

Hasn't this been rumored for like the last three years? Punk has always been a grumpy malcontent who is allegedly constantly ready to retire. That said, I'd prefer part-time Punk to no Punk at all, and I like that they're starting to show flexibility with letting these guys work sweetheart deals like Jericho and RVD. It'll keep guys fresher to us as fans, and hopefully help them stay healthier and keep them more interested in their angles and work.

quote:

I really hope not. Dominator is right; this thing doesn't have the legs to go six more months, and with all the respect in the world to Goldust, a) this isn't a WrestleMania caliber match, and b) I really want to see Cody do something bigger at Mania. If they wanna square them off at the Rumble and then move Cody on, no problem, but I don't think anyone besides Goldust wants this at Mania.

quote:

Hey, glad morale is high, and I hope the idea that they're headed toward the next Up Cycle is correct.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4557
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Road Dogg has been around in the back for a bit now, so I see this as more a logical succession as guys like Hayes, Steamboat, Dusty, Rotunda... ect, start to age out of the business (Remember, many of these guys are doing the same road circuit as the talent are for far less money), and guys who just recently hung up the boots start to fill those spots. Billy Kidman is also well placed as a trainer.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger*Dusty Rhodes is in hot water after his promo with Stephanie a few weeks back. He kept going off script and even put his hand in Steph's face which I guess is a huge no-no. She was livid after the segment.

I wouldn't read too much into this one... It might have been a blow up, but Dusty's a legend and has a lot of modern day ties to the locker room, so Steph' being the boss or not, she'd probably lose more resptect than gain anything by making a continued major deal about it.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger* No one in WWE creative believes that the Rock, Goldberg, Austin, Sting, Warrior or Hogan will be in a WWE ring any time soon. All Rumble and WrestleMania brainstorming is being done with the belief that none of those guys (who have been rumored recently) will be there.

I do believe Rock has already announced at last year's WM presser that he was going to be back this year... Maybe not in a match this time around, but I could see him doing a pop in or guest reffing' something.

As for the rest? Punk versus Austin is the IWC's wet dream, and couple this with stories about Austin getting some necessary surgeries I could see him lacing them up one last time... although who knows?

Goldberg is 46 and never the best worker, so I don't think there is any danger of his ring skills diminishing... He's said in the past that he wanted to do one last match for his kids as they are now old enough to see what he did for a living. He'd want to go over probably, and the payday might be the sticking point, but I could see them pitting him against a Ryback, or a heel Sheamus in a one month attraction type match.

Sting is a bit of a question mark... I could see him doing a Brett Hart type thing where he maybe pops a guy and busts out the Scorpion deathlock, but unless they are going to set up something with Taker as a legend versus legend thing I don't see him doing much of anything.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger* There is a belief by Stamford that Bryan's popularity is not sustainable over the long term and he is seen as more of a "flash in the pan". That is why the WWE is reluctant to put the belt on him and get behind him completely as champion. The WWE believes their best full-time moneymakers are Cena, Punk, Orton, Ryback and Sheamus in that order.

I'm not sure what to think about this one, and this feels like out of all the rumours the most "locker room" talk of them all - We may give the WWE shit for erratic bookings and lack of forethought sometimes, but a decision like this would require them to basically make the decision to not make money... Yes they may see the others as being bigger long term draws, but Punk kinda kicked the door down on indy small guys and he's number two on the list, and to see Bryan as a flash in the pan not worth pushing would mean that they are not prepared to take a chance, and all evidence is to the contrary on this one... Remember, the belt is a big deal to the fans, but to the guys back stage opening, closing, and getting talked about all through the show is about as behind you as the office can get because these all equate higher upsides on the pay scale.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger*Bryan is reportedly upset about Shawn Michaels saying he trained him. Bryan attended Michael's school, but was never once trained personally by Michaels. He feels Michaels took his money and then left others to do the training. Privately, Bryan feels the man who taught him the most about the business was William Regal while he was in WWE developmental.

I don't see this... It may be a half truth about HBK training him, but it's good theatre, and a good story for his background. Bryan is smart enough to know this... If HBK was taking credit for DB's success back stage that'd be a different story.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger*Vince is the only person in the WWE that doesn't think Dolph Ziggler is a draw. Unfortunately, his is the only opinion that matters. However, there are a lot of people who feel that Cesaro is not a draw. The powers that be just do not see him as a main event star.

Vince may not be behind Ziggler, but I think the bigger truth is that people just don't know what to do with him, and that's why he's suffering. People would see it as a demotion, but he belongs on Smackdown full time right now, or they need to take him off of TV for a bit until they can think of something to do with him... I'm not saying give him a world title push, but they need to stop damaging his "brand" while they think of something to do with him.

I think Cesaro is in a lot of ways in the same boat as Ziggler... AC is immensely talented, but he's not connecting with the crowd. Also, he kinda looks older than everyone else despite being only 32, which I think gets in the way of him feeling like an up and comer, and more of a good hand type... If they ever wanted to really push tag teams I think he could be a good fit there, but for now I think he's where he needs to be... It's not always the most talented guys who rise to the top in pro wrestling.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger*There are a lot of people backstage that believe that CM Punk will only wrestle full-time for another year and then he will be a part-time guy like Jericho and RVD. Punk has told people privately he feels burnt out and his heart isn't in it like it used to be.

Even on his most recent DVD he has said as much... So this one isn't really a big surprise. I do think that barring a boat load of cash, when Punk walks away I think it will be years before we see him again.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger*Expect Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania.

It's a fun idea, and nice to see they have a quasi plan for Cody going forward, but I don't know that this one has the steam to carry through until WM unless they do something where the Shield writes out Goldust for a few months, and he comes back later blaming Cody for something.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger*Despite sagging ratings and whatnot, morale is very high in the locker room and a lot guys believe the business is heading toward a new "golden age" ala The Attitude Era and Hulkamania.

Good to know, and they do seem to be infusing more guys into the mix, as well as recruiting more ready made guys from the indy ranks, as well as putting more money into their developmental programs... Most of us who came into wrestling in the Hogan era' as kids came back for the attitude era as late teens, now have kids that we are introducing to the product in addition to the kids from 2003-2010 where they went all kid friendly being a bit older (with disposable dollars) now.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3065
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 10-11-2013 at 02:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The dirt sheets also imply that Rosa is/has been 'servicing' Michael Hayes to keep her job. Take that with all the grains of salt that you want, but if so? Ewww.
TomS
Showstopper

Posts 784
Registered 7-7-2006

Mood: Moody

posted on 10-11-2013 at 08:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah I love gossip. One person's perception of what other people think/are saying.

Daniel Bryan isn't dumb and I'm sure he appreciates the difference between the truth and saying something in service of a storyline.

Grenzschutzgruppe
And I am AWESOME

Posts 171
Registered 7-24-2009

Mood: Wayne Bradyish

posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Vince may not be behind Ziggler, but I think the bigger truth is that people just don't know what to do with him, and that's why he's suffering. People would see it as a demotion, but he belongs on Smackdown full time right now, or they need to take him off of TV for a bit until they can think of something to do with him... I'm not saying give him a world title push, but they need to stop damaging his "brand" while they think of something to do with him.

I think Cesaro is in a lot of ways in the same boat as Ziggler... AC is immensely talented, but he's not connecting with the crowd. Also, he kinda looks older than everyone else despite being only 32, which I think gets in the way of him feeling like an up and comer, and more of a good hand type... If they ever wanted to really push tag teams I think he could be a good fit there, but for now I think he's where he needs to be... It's not always the most talented guys who rise to the top in pro wrestling. " -Flash

If I remember correctly, weren't these the exact circumstances that led to "The Roadie" and "Rockabilly" forming a tag team that took off way more than expected and eventually ended up in the Hall of Fame?

All they'd need is a goofy catchphrase or two and we may be looking at this generation's New Age Outlaws.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 10-11-2013 at 01:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not that I have any interest in Golddust/Cody but why do people think this would hared to stretch to Mania? They spend the rest of this year chasing/holding the tag titles, then they lose them and there's some tension, one of them knock the other out of the Rumble but plays it off as an accident and then really screws the other guy at Elimination Chamber. Boom, that took all of a minute to figure out and easily "stretches" to Mania.

And of course they could easily go with them not being that involved with each other for a few months. Like Cody feuds with new champ Sandow while Golddust has nothing to do and then Golddust turns on him out of jealousy

It's really not that hard. You all give the writers too much credit.

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 10-11-2013 at 01:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Couple of thoughts:

Rosa and Hayes are definitely in a relationship. The nature of that relationship is unknown. Allegedly, the two were having drinks at the hotel bar after a show and someone narced on Hayes because everyone hates him. He is one of Vince's guys though, and isn't going anywhere.

Steph's problem is that she is an anal-retentive control freak. Any side-step out of pre-determined rules and she loses it. She is a wicked micro-manager. Dusty is the opposite of that, and his ad-libbing drives her crazy.

Hogan has been rumored to be fed up with TNA and wants to make one last money-making run with WWE. Goldberg's name has been mentioned as an opponent for Ryback to promote his new DVD. However, he recently buried HHH and the WWE on Twitter. Warrior has been rumored as a HOF inductee and there was talk of him climbing back in the ring one last time. Sting is probably the most likely of any of them to come back.

Punk, for all his great in-ring work, is a well-known crabby bitch. My guess is that when he feels he isn't being used properly or his storylines don't interest him, he folds up and talk about quitting. That's why I think a 4-5 month program with Austin leading to a match at WM would be really fun and rejuvenate Mr. Crab Ass.

I like Grenzschutzgruppe's idea of pairing Ziggler and Cesaro. Why not take it a step further and add Barrett to the mix? You'd have a bunch of 3 wrestler stables going on, but whatever.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by CCharger]

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1697
Registered 11-11-2003

Mood: Oolitic

posted on 10-11-2013 at 03:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Goldberg's name has been mentioned as an opponent for Ryback to promote his new DVD.

I really hope that doesn't happen. Each of them has to have an opponent who can carry them to a good match. Putting them in the ring together would be a big boring disaster.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 10-11-2013 at 03:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lz4005
quote:
Goldberg's name has been mentioned as an opponent for Ryback to promote his new DVD.

I really hope that doesn't happen. Each of them has to have an opponent who can carry them to a good match. Putting them in the ring together would be a big boring disaster.

I don't disagree. I also don't think it's going to happen. HHH approached Goldberg about the possible matchup with Ryback, but Goldberg refused to job clean to Ryback and buried HHH on Twitter claiming HHH doesn't know how to do business.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3946
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 10-11-2013 at 04:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lz4005
quote:

Have them work together and do some "twin magic" to win some matches..

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9467
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-11-2013 at 05:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Rosa and Hayes are definitely in a relationship. The nature of that relationship is unknown. Allegedly, the two were having drinks at the hotel bar after a show and someone narced on Hayes because everyone hates him. He is one of Vince's guys though, and isn't going anywhere.

Given the fact that her ex-fiancee had a complete meltdown and beat her up and now assuming the above is true, that poor girl has got some major issues.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

areamofo187
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 19
Registered 1-17-2013

Mood:

posted on 10-11-2013 at 09:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I believe it was in an interview with Pete Rosenberg (or possibly some other interview) that Bryan talked about how he went to Michaels' school, but that it was during Shawn's "dark days" (circa 99-00) and he didn't really do the training and only showed up on occasion. He didn't seem too upset, but you could tell there was a little residual resentment.

As far as returning stars, Austin seems more open than ever to having one more match and that it seems he would definitely be up for it if the dollar amount was right (he talked about this on one of his earlier podcasts).

As for Goldberg vs Ryback, that is a match that would absolutely sell and be, if not "best", at least "good" for business. Would it be a work rate classic? Of course not. A passable match? Possibly? A clusterfuck? Maybe. But it would generate interest. Goldberg is still a very recognizable name (just listen to the chants when Ryback is in the ring, not to mention his just released DVD set and inclusion in the WWE 2K14 game). Imagine a scenario on Raw, say just after the Elimination Chamber PPV, where Ryback is in the ring after his match and he finally responds to the Goldberg chants. He begins running down Goldberg ("I've done more than Goldberg ever will"; "Goldberg couldn't lace my boots"; "I would destroy Godberg"; etc.) only to be stopped mid-sentence by the familiar first notes of Goldberg's theme. The crowd pops, Goldberg comes out on stage, and security has to come out to keep the two apart. That match, while certainly not main event caliber, is a value add to the WM undercard.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by areamofo187]

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10659
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 10-11-2013 at 09:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any lead-up to Goldberg/Ryback would be the only minimal good thing that came out of a feud between the two. Goldberg/Lesnar ended in a disaster and it still considered as one of the all-time worst matches. And, as opposed to Ryback, Lesnar could/can actually wrestle. Goldberg/Ryback at 'Mania (or any other PPV) would probably go down in history as even worse. And I say that as a former Goldberg fan who genuinely liked his winning streak in WCW and didn't mind at all his feud with heel Rock when he first arrived in WWE.

Bummer about Stephanie being as big a control-freak as Vince is. It might put the damper on any major WWE resurgence in quality that most of us are expecting when Vince finally packs it in if she has her own backstabby pet peeves and crazy ideas that are just as bad as her dad's. The large-breasted acorn doesn't fall too far from the perpetually-tumescent tree, apparently.

[Edited on 10/11/2013 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

salmonjunkie

Posts 12662
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 10-11-2013 at 09:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Any lead-up to Goldberg/Ryback would be the only minimal good thing that came out of a feud between the two. Goldberg/Lesnar ended in a disaster and it still considered as one of the all-time worst matches. And, as opposed to Ryback, Lesnar could/can actually wrestle.

That had a lot more to do with all the fans at WM20 finding out that Lesnar was leaving the company right after WM, and it was public knowledge that it was going to be Goldberg's last match. We booed the hell out of both of them before the match even started, which threw them both off a lot. There's even a bit where Goldberg looks at Austin (guest referee) like "what do we do?" and Austin just shrugs his shoulders (I don't know if this made TV). Lesnar was visibly pissed that he was getting booed.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10659
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-11-2013 at 09:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So it wasn't Goldberg's or Lesnar's fault at all? Well damn....

"I blame YOU, the viewer!"

- Kent Brockman

salmonjunkie

Posts 12662
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 10-11-2013 at 09:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No, it was totally their fault. I'm just saying that there were extenuating circumstances that made that match so bad.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10659
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm just glad you cleared up the background info. Granted it wouldn't have been anywhere near the greatness of Lesnar/Angle, but with the two names involved it certainly shouldn't have been anywhere as near as shitty as the last rounds of Hogan/Warrior or Hogan/Flair ended up. Being traumatized by the fans from beginning to end is as good a final explanation as any.

Well played, fans, well played......

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top