The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Game of Thrones Season 4
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 9-7-2013 at 12:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Game of Thrones Season 4

Looks like The Mountain is returning to form...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/04/game-of-thrones-recast_n_3867371.html

Pic

http://i2.wp.com/nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/NewGregor.jpg?w=385

[Edited on 9-7-2013 by Eli]

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7452
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 9-7-2013 at 11:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
They've recast the Mountain (again), Tommen (apparently the child actor who played Martyn Lannister must have impressed with his ten seconds of screen time), and Daario. That is a noticeable amount of recasts that only the greatest show in the history of ever could get away with.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2495
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 9-8-2013 at 04:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Greatest show in the history of ever is pushing it.

I like it, but man, the fight scenes are sooooooo meh. Some of the one on one sword fights leave a lot to be desired.

What kills me about these fight scenes is that it's a FRIGGIN HBO-PRODUCED SHOW...

There is no reason fight scenes in Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead should look so much more realistic and gritty.

[Edited on 9-8-2013 by CamstunPWG187]

Beeker
Fella

Posts 378
Registered 2-21-2003
Location nowhere near a computer

Mood: dooM

posted on 9-17-2013 at 04:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The fact that it isn't like Walking Dead seems a HUGE boon to me.
I want to like that show, but it changes vantage points so frequently that I can't recall a fight scene that hooked me in.

I'll hold judgement on the recasts... but no show has done a better fight scene than GoT's with their Battle of the Blackwater.

Forthcoming eventually maybe

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   Beeker 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10888
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 9-18-2013 at 12:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you want a good fight scene wait until episode seven or eight of season four because there'll be one with Gregor Clegane that knocks everyone's socks off.

Speaking of Clegane, as per the above-mentioned recasting, here's a list of some of the other casting that was done for season four, including pictures. Kind of late news considering most of the shooting's been finished already and they're now into post-production work.

Gregor Clegane recast - again. Guy stands 6'9" and looks appropriately mutant-monster enough.

Mace Tyrell cast. Looks like they're going for the bumbling suck-up/armchair-general with this one.

Ellaria Sand cast. Yummy! She was on Rome in the first season as Vorenus' wife.

Daario Naharis recast for some reason.

Styr, Magnar of Thenn probably cast. He was on an episode of Banshee as a prison rapist. This guy is a monster.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2495
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 10-5-2013 at 01:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beeker
The fact that it isn't like Walking Dead seems a HUGE boon to me.
I want to like that show, but it changes vantage points so frequently that I can't recall a fight scene that hooked me in.

I'll hold judgement on the recasts... but no show has done a better fight scene than GoT's with their Battle of the Blackwater.

You have never seen the episode "One Minute" of Breaking Bad.

Also, I never compared the shows as a whole. I just compared the fight scenes.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 813
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 10-6-2013 at 08:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Mace Tyrell cast. Looks like they're going for the bumbling suck-up/armchair-general with this one.

He played Lestrade in Young Sherlock Holmes.

I love Young Sherlock Holmes.

[Edited on 10-6-2013 by CVD39]

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7452
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 12-20-2013 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here's Your First Look at Season Four:

Edited three months later because a gif of an already posted trailer is unnecessary.

[Edited on 4-2-2014 by nOOb]

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7452
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 1-13-2014 at 06:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And Here's the Trailer:

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10888
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 1-13-2014 at 10:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
SPOILERS!

I'm going with the assumption that the guy on horseback with the yellow cape is one of the nobles of Mereen coming out to do battle with Daario replacing Strong Belwas from the book. Unfortunately it looks they want to get as much mileage out of Daario as possible. As much as I love Dany, I'm really not looking forward to the romance with Daario probably getting a lot more attention than it deserves. Aside from the reaction it generates in Jorah it really isn't the most interesting of subplots.

[Edited on 1/13/2014 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Beeker
Fella

Posts 378
Registered 2-21-2003

posted on 1-15-2014 at 02:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The entire Dany learns to rule storyline could make for some tedious viewing. I'm not sure how they sharpen it up or make it more interesting, but, they haven't made many missteps so far, so I'm going to trust the show runners have some tweaks and twists in store to keep things engaging.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   Beeker 's Yahoo
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7452
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 4-2-2014 at 09:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
More than anything, this is here to remind people that GoT returns this Sunday (fuck Wrestlemania, Randy's going to win anyways). Here's a little something to get you ready (probably posted this last year, but still good):

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10888
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 4-6-2014 at 07:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just a reminder, buried in all of the 'Mania mania, that GOT season 4 starts tonight. Here are the official trailers for youse guys.

Also, the GRRM homepage released another chapter from the to-be-eventually-released-someday TWOW. Here it is. Enjoy!

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7452
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 4-7-2014 at 02:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Should I carry you?" Arya's become a complete badass after that. And she got her sword back. And she can cross a name off her list (since Poliver was on there at one point).

Oberyn should be fun to watch going forward, both for entertainment and, ahem, more adult purposes. And the scene in the brothel where he asked if he should get more girls, both to the excitement of Bronn and the disapproval of Tyrion, was pretty funny. And good to see Bronn's going to be getting more screen time (apparently, according to the trailer for next week, he gets the Illyn Payne role, since the original actor has terminal cancer).

A fun entry, but nothing ground breaking. Next week...probably a bit more so.

Beeker
Fella

Posts 378
Registered 2-21-2003

posted on 4-7-2014 at 06:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was the definition of a set-up show. Remind the viewers what happened and where the characters are now and show off the motivations and impending manipulations.

I heard the show runners call Arya and the Hound's storyline as a twisted take on a road trip. Seems like an apt description. Maisie Williams staggers me with her innate ability to act way beyond her years. Poliver's belated realization only made that scene all the better.

Oberyn in the capital is gonna be so much fun!

What's worse than a rebellious teenager... when there are 3 of them AND they're dragons.

Everything looked gorgeous as ever.

More Charles Dance and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau please.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7452
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 4-14-2014 at 01:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You knew this was coming and this is the only place on the internet this works:

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10888
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 4-14-2014 at 04:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
SPOILERTZ IMAGE, BITCHES

That kid deserves an award for making him so junior-high levels of hateable.

[Edited on 4/14/2014 by Paddlefoot]

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 813
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-14-2014 at 05:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hated Joffrey and wanted him to die so bad and have it be violent. Now that that happened, I think I'm going to miss him. That actor made me forget I'm watching a work of fiction and kudos to him.

I assume Cersei poisoned him or had him poisoned to try to creep back to the throne somehow and to get rid of Tyrian at the same time. That's why she sent the maester guy away and I assume the jester saw it and knew shit was about to go down. Don't read the books so this was all a surprise. And it's sad because we bought all the books one the Kindle or Fire or whatever it is we have (Nook? I dunno) and I just haven't cracked into them yet.

[Edited on 4-14-2014 by CVD39]

Laruecifer
Fella

Posts 316
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood: stoneded

posted on 4-14-2014 at 12:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I felt a little cheated on his demise. I was hoping for something really brutal.

oh well, now I have the death of the sadistic bastard Ramsey to look forward to.

JMD
Showstopper

Posts 633
Registered 6-25-2006

Mood: Hardcore Champion!

posted on 4-14-2014 at 02:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39
Hated Joffrey and wanted him to die so bad and have it be violent. Now that that happened, I think I'm going to miss him. That actor made me forget I'm watching a work of fiction and kudos to him.

I assume Cersei poisoned him or had him poisoned to try to creep back to the throne somehow and to get rid of Tyrian at the same time. That's why she sent the maester guy away and I assume the jester saw it and knew shit was about to go down. Don't read the books so this was all a surprise. And it's sad because we bought all the books one the Kindle or Fire or whatever it is we have (Nook? I dunno) and I just haven't cracked into them yet.

[Edited on 4-14-2014 by CVD39]

Book reader here, and I'm not going to be a dick and spoil anything, or confirm or deny your theory. I'll just say that they did a really good job showing you everything you'd need to know to figure out who did it, while being subtle about it. It was a great episode and a great moment.

And yeah, Joffrey might be the best villain in TV history, or at least the most hateable. Absolute top notch acting.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10888
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 4-14-2014 at 04:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The fun part is that Cersei steps in and takes up where Joffrey left off in terms of petty humiliations and cruelty, to the point where it gets so bad that even Jaime can't understand her or reduce her viciousness anymore. Her little stunts with Pycelle and Brienne were really just the tip of the iceberg as far as what she's capable of. The fun one was when she tried to play Oberyn and Ellaria but found out the hard way that the Dornish aren't so easily toyed with. Those were actually some key scenes with Cersei. Robert was a bad king and a crap father, but he was essentially only about 1% responsible for why Joffrey was so horrible. The rest of it was 99% Cersei.

dRob78
And I am AWESOME

Posts 138
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-14-2014 at 05:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
and inbreeding.
Beeker
Fella

Posts 378
Registered 2-21-2003

posted on 4-15-2014 at 07:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JMD
Book reader here, and I'm not going to be a dick and spoil anything, or confirm or deny your theory. I'll just say that they did a really good job showing you everything you'd need to know to figure out who did it, while being subtle about it. It was a great episode and a great moment.

And yeah, Joffrey might be the best villain in TV history, or at least the most hateable. Absolute top notch acting.

Book reader too, so I won't reveal anything, but the show did an excellent job of offering up multiple potential poisoners.
That wedding feast is well worth a rewatch to try to figure out just whom might be behind the murder.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 813
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-15-2014 at 10:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I need to rewatch that episode but isn't it a little convenient as soon as she is crowned the queen he is poisoned and dies?

And I just need to read the books because I have no clue who some of these people are and why they're important.

Blown Spot
The Rowdy One

Posts 2399
Registered 1-22-2003
Location Silver Spring, MD

Mood: Mauve

posted on 4-16-2014 at 02:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was hoping for a much more brutal death but I will take this. I've never wanted a character to just fucking die more than that twit King Joffrey. I hope Cersei is next. Ramsay, his father, Walder Frey and his entire house can all join twit Joffrey in Hell as well, as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't read the books either and will gladly re-watch the scene to search for clues as to who poisoned the little son of a bitch. My first guess would be Sansa after the initial viewing.

"I like to drink wine more than I used to... anyway I'm drinking more."

"John Cena is poopy." - CM Punk to 6 year old kid on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

"What I said was deliberately untrue. However, that does not make it a lie. It's what we call in sophisticated debate terms a "implyo-obliqué-prevariclative," which is a statement that deliberately runs counter to the truth and is not factually supported — which is totally different from a lie..."

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top