The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I now live in Harbin, China. Probably the only OO'r here!
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2435
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 8-11-2013 at 04:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I now live in Harbin, China. Probably the only OO'r here!

I'm now teaching children English in China, guys.

Representing OO with class, professionalism, and the knowledge of Albert Einstein in today's course.

Wonder if they like Wrestling. Hmm.

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 8-11-2013 at 05:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Congrats on that, Cam. Teaching is a noble profession. I hope you excel at it.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2435
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-11-2013 at 07:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just had my first real class today.

6 students, ages 10-13

I first spent 30 minutes introducing myself, which fascinated them. I moved onto a review of their knowledge of Einstein, which surprised me. One of my girls, Jennifer, is brilliant. She picks up everything very quickly and her English is excellent for an 11 year old.

I then had them take a 10 minute break at the one-hour mark, stretching, jumping up and down...you know, just making sure the blood is flowing.

I then moved onto The International Space Station. They picked it up pretty quickly (they all can read very well), and then we did vocabulary, finding out the meaning of words such as Undertake, Estimate, Effort, and Panel.

It was a really cool class. I like this job.

[Edited on 8-11-2013 by CamstunPWG187]

mastermind
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1154
Registered 3-7-2002
Location Brockton MA

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 8-11-2013 at 01:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Undertake". Cool. You know, the hOOmie slade also does the english as a 2nd language thing in South Korea. It must be sOOmething n da water dat makes us such good english-talkers here! Just make sure you teach those little Chinese gems what a B.O.L.A. is!! lol

Join the amazing world of Mash-Up Wrestling!

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 8-11-2013 at 04:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How many of their moms have you banged so far?

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3075
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 8-11-2013 at 04:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hey cam, I did TEFL for a year in Europe, and it was an incredible experience. Best of luck, and I hope you experience it to the fullest. To punker, the students in Prague were professionals, so moms weren't needed...
gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 8-12-2013 at 12:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Given the way Cam started on these boards, I just suffered a severe mindfuck that he's now teaching children English in China.

Good job man!

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Where everyone is rich but me

Mood: need coffee

posted on 8-12-2013 at 01:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
doctorb likes this

The "B" is for Bargain!

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12678
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 8-12-2013 at 05:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
congrats, Camstun! Is this going to make your viewings of PWG more difficult and infrequent?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
whyme
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1039
Registered 2-4-2003
Location in my house

Mood: Minty Fresh

posted on 8-13-2013 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is Chyna teaching next door to you?

Two Penguins sitting in a bathtub, one says pass the radio.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2435
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-13-2013 at 06:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's good to have such support, guys. Thank you for that!

As I continue, use this as a good guideline for the value of RNB in China compared to the US Dollar:

300 RNB = 50 US Dollars

So let's go over some things that interest me in China so far...

Gubaoro - If you work in China and are a foreigner, ask your secretaries to order this for you. It's a crispy pork dish with carrot/orange zest mixed into the sauce. It's fucking delicious.

Arcades - Prevalent in China, arcades possess a real underground feel. Plenty of games exist that I have never played before. I recently beat a co-op beat-em-up with another gentleman that was fantastic. It shares elements of Guardian Heros, and has an ancient Japanese setting. Along with this, I enter new arcades with fellow players assuming I am going to suck total ass given that I am American. It's not said, but you can tell that is an underlying tone amongst all of them. One man absolutely refused to let me play Ikaruga, and instead wanted me to play Raiden 3 (an absolutely fantastic Sh'mup, as well), and when I finally just fucking ignored him and stuck the token into the machine, I fascinated him with my inability to even die until level 3 (I AM very good at Ikaruga). And when I say fascinated, I mean the guy sat there and just broadly gestured the usual OOOOO's and AHHHH's at my skills. Hell, even two other people gathered around to watch me. Feels good to have the respect of your fellow gamers over here. Can't touch the people around here in MVC or Soul Calibur, though. Fighting games are high priority in arcades, and I only seemed to be able to compete in Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (i'm pretty fancy with Chun-Li). Also, games are cheap as fuck to play. 5 RNB can get you about 2 hours worth of tokens, and most games only take one token. Overall, I wish people still played arcades in the states like this... people wonder why Arcades died in the US, and it's because they started charging 50 cents a play for fighting games, while charging a dollar for most others. Fuck that!

Russian Cafes - Cheese is pretty non-existent in China, as they believe (rightfully so) that cheese is the worst thing you can put into your body. The Russians disagree with this philosophy, however, and slather everything they serve with cheese. Damn good cheese, to boot. Had some schnitzel, liver-stuffed chicken, fried shrimp, and mozz-covered tomato slices on top of quartered toast.

Foreign Clubs - Most foreigner friendly clubs offer free booze. I Shit you not, free booze. Russian girls are abundant, very good looking, and easy to talk to. Haven't even met a whore yet. Speaking of whores....

Brothels - I stumbled into one of these the other night thinking it was strictly Karaoke. I hung around for a bit, but when I realized the girl i was talking to wanted to go into a room and her pimp was eying me up, I got the fuck out of dodge. I have heard bad stories about pimps abusing/raising their rates on hookers after having sex with them, and am told most foreigners have to fight their way out of these brothel ordeals. Whore sex sounds like more trouble than it should be. No thanks.

Cheap, cheap booze - beer is abundant!! Instead of 12 oz. curls, you'll be doing 24 ouncers. 24 oz. is the standard size for bottles here in China, and one beer will normally cost you around 3-4 RNB. You can buy it everywhere, from your local hotels, grocery stores, corner shops (it's right next to Soda in the coole), and arcades. Chances are, if they sell Gatorade/Coke/Snickers Bars, you're only a few inches away from seeing beer. Hell, I hate Pabst Blue Ribbon, but you can't help but buy 8 24 oz. PBR's when they are 2.5 RNB a piece.

Markets - Look up Harbin on Wikipedia, and chances are you will see the last remaining Russian cathedral still standing around here. It's an attraction these days, and right next to it lies one of the finest markets you'll ever come across. Candies, meats, sandwiches, pastries, cakes, liquor, tiger penis's (no joke)....you can't help but stay in one of these for an hour at a time. It's interesting, and you always find something new. Being open to new things is a must, and I have found myself loving certain new foods and tools.

Foreign friends - Make them. They are invaluable over here. I am one of maybe 300 other foreigners in a city filled with 7-9 million Chinese people. I have met some really cool people so far. Some from England, some from Slovakia (actually have met a really cool girl who I think I may like. Time will tell), whoever they are, they stick together and help one another out, despite certain differences some of them have.

I have class in 20 minutes. Gotta run. Will update later.

As for PWG? They will ship anywhere in the world to me. I'm good on that.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3947
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 8-13-2013 at 11:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That is awesome that you are experiencing the culture of there. It is DEFINITELY one of my perks of my job is traveling to places I would have never have thought of going to and experiencing all the things there that they offer.

I have co-workers that travel and hardly leave the hotel except to go to and from the factories or airport.

Keep the updates coming.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 8-13-2013 at 01:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker
Given the way Cam started on these boards, I just suffered a severe mindfuck that he's now teaching children English in China.

Good job man!

QFT. I was like, "Camstun? Seriously?"

Then I was like, "At least it isn't MSD. "

Nicely done, cam.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2435
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-15-2013 at 01:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also, not unlike the Walking Dead, I must either find bottled water or boil the shit out of the water in my faucets.

Rule Numero Uno in China - Do not simply drink water out of the faucet.

Hell, the water coolers (HA) are all hot water. People just drink hot water here like it's nothing.

Oh, and it's humid as fuck in the summer. Moreso than in Baltimore. Summer only last like two months here, though, so in a few weeks it's going to cool down tremendously.

In case you were wondering, I am on the same plane as the top of Maine, so Winter in Harbin is colder than you could ever imagine.

Average temperature in January is going to be around -30 F

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3947
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 8-15-2013 at 11:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
Also, not unlike the Walking Dead, I must either find bottled water or boil the shit out of the water in my faucets.

Rule Numero Uno in China - Do not simply drink water out of the faucet.

Hell, the water coolers (HA) are all hot water. People just drink hot water here like it's nothing.

That is the rule if you are outside US, Canada, Western Europe...

And that is not just a Chinese thing, it is an Asian thing. I have come across the same in Indonesia, and while having lunch with Koreans..

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 8-15-2013 at 11:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Brothels - I stumbled into one of these the other night thinking it was strictly Karaoke. I hung around for a bit, but when I realized the girl i was talking to wanted to go into a room and her pimp was eying me up, I got the fuck out of dodge. I have heard bad stories about pimps abusing/raising their rates on hookers after having sex with them, and am told most foreigners have to fight their way out of these brothel ordeals. Whore sex sounds like more trouble than it should be. No thanks.

Fun story - My dad and I travelled to Hong Kong in late 2006. He wanted to crash early one night and of course I wanted to head out and keep the party going! I found a bar near our hotel with a band playing that was pretty much fucking awesome. I noticed a VERY attractive Asian girl making eyes at me so I start chatting her up at the bar. She spoke VERY broken English but we were both having fun with me teaching her English swear words. After a bit, I ask her if she wants to, um, go "elsewhere" to get to know each other better (I don't know what my plan was since my dad was sleeping in our hotel room. If push came to shove, I guess I would've just banged her in the bed next to him and hope he didn't wake up) anyway, I asked if she wanted to leave with me and her response, in very broken English was, "You pay me?"

Yeah, that was that. I stumbled back to the hotel alone.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 8-15-2013 at 11:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
(I don't know what my plan was since my dad was sleeping in our hotel room. If push came to shove, I guess I would've just banged her in the bed next to him and hope he didn't wake up)

Fucking awesome. And if he had?

And Camstun, you still haven't answered my question.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2435
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-16-2013 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
if the moms were actually hot, than I would be trying, man!
doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007

posted on 8-16-2013 at 12:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

quote:

The "B" is for Bargain!

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 8-16-2013 at 11:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
quote:
(I don't know what my plan was since my dad was sleeping in our hotel room. If push came to shove, I guess I would've just banged her in the bed next to him and hope he didn't wake up)

Fucking awesome. And if he had?

Well there was quite an excellent rooftop pool at said hotel which I think was my first inclination for said possible banging.

Regardless, pursuing that route likely would've ended up with me waking up in a tub of ice with a removed kidney via her pimp or coming back to the U.S. with a raging STD.

I think I made the right choice.

EDIT - All that said, if I was hypothetically banging an Asian hooker in a hotel room with my dad asleep and he woke up, I would say "Throw in $100 and I bet we can DP this bitch!"

Duh.

[Edited on 8-17-2013 by gobbledygooker]

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2435
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-17-2013 at 01:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doctorb
quote:

quote:

Pwn3D

And I don't teach English grammar, I teach ENGLISH SPEAKING.

There is a difference.

[Edited on 8-17-2013 by CamstunPWG187]

doctorb
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1571
Registered 6-27-2007

posted on 8-17-2013 at 01:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
EDIT - All that said, if I was hypothetically banging an Asian hooker in a hotel room with my dad asleep and he woke up, I would say "Throw in $100 and I bet we can DP this bitch!"

Duh.

For an Asian hooker, if he threw in a hundred I'd think you could pay her and still pocket 60 bucks.

Which you would need for therapy after rubbing ballsacks with your old man.

The "B" is for Bargain!

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2435
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 8-18-2013 at 01:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rubbing ballsacks with your old man is probably totally acceptable in China.

I hear if I go into a bathhouse, all the men will leave the room i'm in, and if I go into the pool, they will all get out.

Hahahahahahahahaha. And my dick isn't even ginormous or anything.

coxito
IMPUDENT WRETCH!

Posts -146
Registered 9-17-2012

Mood: National

posted on 9-27-2013 at 01:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So what's happening over in Chyna man?
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2435
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 10-25-2013 at 08:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have a girlfriend now. Her name is Sabrina. She's thin, cute, and I need to get you guys pictures asap. Super super cutie, she is.

Things are getting near-serious, too.

I love Chinese women. Especially mine.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top