The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial LOLTNA Impact thread (April 11, 2013)
Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11580
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 4-11-2013 at 04:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial LOLTNA Impact thread (April 11, 2013)

Plus:

Taryn Terrell vs. Gail Kim
Adam Pearce or Magno face the judges
other stuff

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-11-2013 at 05:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm stoked for this ep. Should be a good one.

I don't think we're "really" getting AJ's decision yet. I predict shenanigans.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 4-11-2013 at 05:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker
I don't think we're "really" getting AJ's decision yet. I predict shenanigans.

Don't be silly... TNA would never drag out a storyline.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 4-11-2013 at 05:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Should be a great show. I wonder how much interference will be in the maimed event (huh? I think I'll leave that autocorrect alone). Aces will definitely interfere, but what about the TNA roster?

Having 2 gut check guys face the judges makes no sense because why would they keep picking the loser? Just make the match for the contract. Then the match is a much bigger deal and we don't have to sit through the judges' bullshit.

http://epitomeofmasculinity.blogspot.com/

@EofMasculinity
The first undisputed OO draft champion of the world

Get the pistons pumping and let the pigeons loose on my yambag

cardscott5
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1221
Registered 6-28-2007
Location wherever god takes me

Mood:

posted on 4-11-2013 at 06:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If Brooke is at ringside, I'm sure we will see her for half the match. TNA did that with Karen Angle during Angle/Joe, so they would definitely do it here same production team or not.

I hope to hell Aries and Roode don't lose the titles. If they drop the belts to fucking Chavo again,

southermagu
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1214
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Louisville

Mood: APOLOGY!!

posted on 4-11-2013 at 06:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It would be better if guys that were incredibly new to the business (say three years or less) would be paired up and forced to go in front of the judges, regardless of who won.

But when you've got guys with double digit experience, I agree that the matches should determine who get's the contract.

I get they're going for the lauded "episodic television" thing, but that works better in situations like the Lesnar/HHH contract argument where we were told what was at stake, but not under what circumstances.

We know what's at stake with the Gut Check. With people that are almost rookies, it can feel a lot more like a reality show since we know it's all about how well they perform. With veterans, I think we all know the choice was made in advance.

Hey guys...

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   southermagu 's Yahoo
theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 4-11-2013 at 06:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You know what else would make episodic television? If they won Gut Check and then...showed up on tv! What a concept.

I don't even know how many gut check winners there are or most of their names. York is the only one to get real tv time and he quickly disappeared after a few embarrassing outings.

@EofMasculinity

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-12-2013 at 12:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cardscott5
I hope to hell Aries and Roode don't lose the titles. If they drop the belts to fucking Chavo again,

Ouch.

Yeah, that ending sucked. The only good thing that could come of this is that they're splitting up Roode and Aries so they can tackle the singles roster again. If that's not the intent, giving the titles back to Chavo and Hernandez makes no fucking sense since they have about 20x less heat than either Roode/Aries and Bad Influence. And I was salivating at the prospects of a Roode/Aries vs. Bad Influence feud. Now I'll go join cardscott.

Okay, this Full Metal Mayhem match is making up for the tag match finish.

[Edited on 4-12-2013 by gobbledygooker]

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2467
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 4-12-2013 at 09:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
More of a mixed bag show this week, probably hurt slightly by having high expectations.

The tag match itself was fine, with a decent story to open it: Aries & Roode taking advantage before the bell to steal an early fall, wily veteran Chavo evening the odds when Aries a) demands into the match instead of letting Roode pin Chavo for a second time and b) takes too long taunting to finish the job. But, of course, the ending deflated me entirely. Really, Chavo and Hernandez get another boring title reign? This seemed design to pop the Texas crowd, which would be fine if it weren't for the titles and if the crowd seemed to actually give a rat's ass about Chavo, which they didn't.

It also makes no sense for Roode/Aries. Do they win the title back quickly? Do they stay a team? If not, do they end up feuding with each other? Because they're not going to be contending for the World title as long as it's around Bully's waist, which it should be for at least the next six months.

A lot of the middle of the show was nothing. Rob Terry squashing Joey Ryan is a waste of both guys. Frankly, I'd prefer to see Terry take over Matt Morgan's old job as Joey's sleazy sidekick. He was a good Jerseyite, he'd be a good sleazebag.

No X-Division was sadmaking. Joseph Park, potential TV champion is a good thing, if only to wrench that belt out of Devon's cold, boring hands.

The A.J. segment was worth it wholly for Daniels' "I'm a John Byrne Guy" t-shirt. Of course, Daniels and Kaz' argument made perfect sense, other than the fact that they're the guys who drove AJ crazy in the first place. Really, why should AJ give a rat's ass about the Aces & Eights one way or another? What's it got to do with him?

The women's match was similarly nothing, but enjoyable because...well, because or Taryn Terrell (officially nicknamed "Hot Mess" according to her video). I'm surprised they put her on TV, as she has the exact look Brooke Hogan's going for, except she's, y'know, actually smoking hot instead of vaguely trannytastic like Brookie.

And...no Brooke turn? Really? Ooooooookay. The Full Metal Match was pretty fun, albeit a bit choppy and spotty. Surprised how much Bully was bumping around for Jeff. The upside-down-ladder spot looked painful. The Swanton through the table looked awesome, albeit contrived. Jeff having to go get the table from all the way at the entrance so he could do the spot, when he should've been climbing the ladder, was pretty obvious, as was Bully ever-so-gently setting himself down on it after breaking the first one just by sitting down.

"I put him through the table, I climb the ladder, you raise my hand and then I slap you! *points to Brooke*" was GOLD, as was all of Bully's trashtalking.

I think that's it for Jeff Hardy, world title contender, for a while. So, who's next?

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-12-2013 at 02:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think Bully's next contender is a very good question. I'm thinking it would just have to be a temporary one until they presumably build up AJ for the task. Since Joe and Angle have been tied up with Aces n' Eights off and on, maybe one of them?

Agreed about the show being more lackluster than I had hoped. Other than the tag match and the main event, everything else was pretty throw-away.

I'm getting a bit concerned about how AJ is coming off in this whole angle. Last night he just seemed to be more whiny than anything and that came through with the amount of boos he was getting. I think this is more due to AJ's demeanor than anything else. Since Sting's "outcast" angle in '96-'97 is about the closest thing we can compare this too, I don't remember him EVER getting booed, even during the setup. If they're not careful, AJ's going to come out of this whole thing as a heel.

"Sexual and intellectual." Bad Influence just get better every week.

Gut Check is admittedly hit-and-miss but this week's twosome was especially horrible. As I mentioned last week, I wasn't impressed with Pearce and that dude with the mask (I can't even remember his name) looked like a jobber straight out of WCW in the mid-90's! What the fuck were they thinking?!

Re: the main event, that was pretty horrible when Hardy had to go ALL THE WAY back up the ramp to get a table. You would think they would have no shortage of tables at their disposal. That said, it was a pretty amazing feat, after all the sick bumps and shots he had already taken, to see him lug that thing all the way down there. I kept waiting for him to collapse with it.

And no Brooke heel turn. That sucked. Though, I know I'm in the minority here, she's been looking hotter the last couple of weeks for some reason.

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1700
Registered 11-11-2003

Mood: Oolitic

posted on 4-12-2013 at 03:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker
Re: the main event, that was pretty horrible when Hardy had to go ALL THE WAY back up the ramp to get a table. You would think they would have no shortage of tables at their disposal. That said, it was a pretty amazing feat, after all the sick bumps and shots he had already taken, to see him lug that thing all the way down there. I kept waiting for him to collapse with it.

Its a good thing he no sold carrying the table?
The way Bully helped him put the table in exactly the right place and then laid himself down on it made the both of them look like back yard wrestlers.

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 4-12-2013 at 09:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Does the winner of the GutCheck match always get rejected in favor of the loser? How does that make sense?

It makes the judges loom like idiots.
It makes the guy who's staying look weak.
It makes the guy who's leaving look great.

Dumb.

@EofMasculinity

southermagu
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1214
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Louisville

posted on 4-13-2013 at 04:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theflammablemanimal
You know what else would make episodic television? If they won Gut Check and then...showed up on tv! What a concept.

I don't even know how many gut check winners there are or most of their names. York is the only one to get real tv time and he quickly disappeared after a few embarrassing outings.

I had just had visions of Daniels/Kazarian forming an army of the Gut Check winners to rout Aces and the TNA loyalists.

Needs to happen.

Hey guys...

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   southermagu 's Yahoo
Ecosystem
The Rowdy One

Posts 2953
Registered 5-18-2004

Mood:

posted on 4-13-2013 at 05:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by southermagu

I had just had visions of Daniels/Kazarian forming an army of the Gut Check winners to rout Aces and the TNA loyalists.

Needs to happen.

"Wes Brisco has switched allegiances once again!"

There doesn't have to be a "victim" here. There can just be two assholes.
-Lucky Lopez

theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 4-14-2013 at 02:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are TNA and Taryn Terrel unaware that Hot Mess is an insult?

@EofMasculinity

southermagu
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1214
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Louisville

posted on 4-14-2013 at 06:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ecosystem

"Wes Brisco has switched allegiances once again!"

I think it'd be good tv for Wes to constantly befriend, ally and turn against as many groups/individuals as possible.

It'd be fantastic once he got down to the guys working the concession stands, only to sell them out in favor of those dastardly, bootlegging Hebners...

Hey guys...

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7411
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 4-14-2013 at 08:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The danger with that is that he'll eventually get stuck in a loop constantly befriending, turning on, and refriending Sting, essentially making him Lex Luger.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

southermagu
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1214
Registered 1-11-2006
Location Louisville

posted on 4-15-2013 at 01:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think Sting is smart enough to avoid such a scenario.

No, no he isn't.

Hey guys...

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 4-15-2013 at 04:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have not had the opportunity to catch TNA since it has gone on the road. Has the venue change improved the show? Does TNA come across better as a TV show now that it is out of the Impact Zone?
theflammablemanimal
American Dream

Posts 7586
Registered 9-2-2008

Mood:

posted on 4-15-2013 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Having the entrance ramp lead all the way to the ring has led to some cool spots

@EofMasculinity

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-15-2013 at 07:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
I have not had the opportunity to catch TNA since it has gone on the road. Has the venue change improved the show? Does TNA come across better as a TV show now that it is out of the Impact Zone?

Tons better. Even on the shows where the crowd reaction has been spotty at best, it's 500x better than the Impact Zone and really almost kinda makes them seem like a possible heavy hitter!

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 4-19-2013 at 03:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dang, I've been out of the loop... when did Bubba Ray get all jacked?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top